Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Anyone else just slightly bothered-
1 2 3
Eeeh. I'm not a huge fan of the gene but I'm not bothered. They're supposed to be these huge hulking things that swim deep or fly high so... they shouldn't be snagging on too too much. It's not exactly hydro nor aero dynamic I'll give it that. If they behave more like eels they're probably stationary most of the time, poking out of their hollows to protect their maren family, so forward facing spikes make a little more sense there.

But we don't know, maybe they can manually flex them or they're not as rigid as they are on plantlife. Maybe it's a little like pufferfish where it's just a threat display/ showing off. I wish there were like encyclopedia pages on genes and how they generally work- we don't really know all that much besides the bits of lore for Gembond.
Eeeh. I'm not a huge fan of the gene but I'm not bothered. They're supposed to be these huge hulking things that swim deep or fly high so... they shouldn't be snagging on too too much. It's not exactly hydro nor aero dynamic I'll give it that. If they behave more like eels they're probably stationary most of the time, poking out of their hollows to protect their maren family, so forward facing spikes make a little more sense there.

But we don't know, maybe they can manually flex them or they're not as rigid as they are on plantlife. Maybe it's a little like pufferfish where it's just a threat display/ showing off. I wish there were like encyclopedia pages on genes and how they generally work- we don't really know all that much besides the bits of lore for Gembond.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
Ooh yeah, the extra grip on this undertide makes it more and less suited to climb trees...
Ooh yeah, the extra grip on this undertide makes it more and less suited to climb trees...
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It's to make it fit in with Tentacles, of course.
It's to make it fit in with Tentacles, of course.
Noodledad's wayward child on a whirlwind tour of Sornieth
uQA55c0.pngkYCXHUE.pngqC4cJJE.pngDTB2XDj.png
Undertides can be ambush predators. disguised as spiny coral. I don't see the problem.

in all seriousness, I like it, it only really bothers me around the head
Undertides can be ambush predators. disguised as spiny coral. I don't see the problem.

in all seriousness, I like it, it only really bothers me around the head
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
[quote name="Halszkaraptor" date="2024-03-01 05:27:27" ] Eeeh. I'm not a huge fan of the gene but I'm not bothered. They're supposed to be these huge hulking things that swim deep or fly high so... they shouldn't be snagging on too too much. It's not exactly hydro nor aero dynamic I'll give it that. If they behave more like eels they're probably stationary most of the time, poking out of their hollows to protect their maren family, so forward facing spikes make a little more sense there. [b]But we don't know, maybe they can manually flex them or they're not as rigid as they are on plantlife. Maybe it's a little like pufferfish where it's just a threat display/ showing off.[/b] I wish there were like encyclopedia pages on genes and how they generally work- we don't really know all that much besides the bits of lore for Gembond. [/quote] that's great, actually. thank you, that helps my concept of this gene a lot tbh [size=1](still not gonna use it tho)[/size]
Halszkaraptor wrote on 2024-03-01 05:27:27:

that's great, actually. thank you, that helps my concept of this gene a lot tbh
(still not gonna use it tho)
SCtan5m.png
Southern Lights Hatchery & Ice Nesting d8c1a852df2fd8a.png

Yeah, the forward facing points has always bothered me, it's definitely something that looks like it should point backward instead.
Yeah, the forward facing points has always bothered me, it's definitely something that looks like it should point backward instead.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
i love the reverse direction, it reminds me of dalamadur from monster hunter
plague_banner.png he/him
FR+0
adult
75965002.png
[quote name="darkviverna" date="2024-03-01 12:46:35" ] i love the reverse direction, it reminds me of dalamadur from monster hunter [/quote] THAT'S what it was reminding me of. Thank you, that was driving me batty! [img]https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/monsterhunter/images/d/dd/MH4U-Shah_Dalamadur_Render_002.png[/img]
darkviverna wrote on 2024-03-01 12:46:35:

THAT'S what it was reminding me of. Thank you, that was driving me batty!

MH4U-Shah_Dalamadur_Render_002.png
Veo99mO.gifBfiB8Ka.pngkBpCOnb.pngwTBPG5s.pngSLGMeHq.pngexUrsEs.pngcedPG3i.pngypbGWNk.png
lBxYxId.png
[quote name="LazyGravez" date="2024-02-29 21:12:35" ] Yeah I feel like they should be flowing with the line of action. This is an L for thermodynamics [/quote] I assume you meant hydrodynamics and aerodynamics ajkhdksjhkjsd but yes, when it comes to swimming or flying, this would be unfavourable HOWEVER I also understand it from an artistic and defensive standpoint - they really look like thorny rose stems.
LazyGravez wrote on 2024-02-29 21:12:35:
Yeah I feel like they should be flowing with the line of action. This is an L for thermodynamics

I assume you meant hydrodynamics and aerodynamics ajkhdksjhkjsd but yes, when it comes to swimming or flying, this would be unfavourable HOWEVER I also understand it from an artistic and defensive standpoint - they really look like thorny rose stems.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Honestly this is why I haven't applied thorns to any dragons.
Honestly this is why I haven't applied thorns to any dragons.
Demiguy; He/Him or They/Them
1 2 3