Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Does your flight affect your dragons?
1 2 3 4 5 6
Somewhat, I just like fire a lot. But most of the time when I get a new dragon it's because I have a distinct theme in mind. A good portion aren't even fire themed.
Somewhat, I just like fire a lot. But most of the time when I get a new dragon it's because I have a distinct theme in mind. A good portion aren't even fire themed.
untitled_by_starfruit_anon-dbeg952.png 0Hfrtrc.pngamika_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr7a.pngkeske_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr46.pngm34-02-book.pngSOH4.pngbPNtqmV.png
vJGwSlb.png
v2PJF9u.png
Tl1dGxE.png
d3OF3Gw.png
mlHpBMC.png

FObX7rS.png
6mVFIuV.png
783743517427367976.png
While I don't collect shadow dragons, in lore I try to make the flight significant as a cultural element. If a character cares about social acceptance, they may feel obligated to live up to shadow ideals of secrecy and trickery, but other characters may reject these norms entirely. It helps keep the lore consistent, like it all takes place in the same setting, and it has given me some nice ideas for storylines. Overall it reflects my feelings on the site's lore; don't use it to restrict your writing or dragons, but consider it a source of inspiration or a jumping-off point (or something to be ignored entirely. I do that sometimes).
While I don't collect shadow dragons, in lore I try to make the flight significant as a cultural element. If a character cares about social acceptance, they may feel obligated to live up to shadow ideals of secrecy and trickery, but other characters may reject these norms entirely. It helps keep the lore consistent, like it all takes place in the same setting, and it has given me some nice ideas for storylines. Overall it reflects my feelings on the site's lore; don't use it to restrict your writing or dragons, but consider it a source of inspiration or a jumping-off point (or something to be ignored entirely. I do that sometimes).
Beetle - She/They
I lean pretttty hard into the Arcane aesthetic because it's exactly what I love. Most of my active dragons are Arcane and lean into the theme
I lean pretttty hard into the Arcane aesthetic because it's exactly what I love. Most of my active dragons are Arcane and lean into the theme
J3t0n4O.png
Almost not at all. I have some dragons (current avatar is an example) who I make "mini reps" but they are not actual representatives of Flights, the most commonly accepted aesthetic of their Flight, in lore or anything else. It's just a neat little "collectable" for me in my brain and that's it. Only the Primal eyes can affect my outfits but it's far from what you'd expect, I have some really wild interpretations of what elements represent, and they're primarily themed in such a way that they fit my lair.
Almost not at all. I have some dragons (current avatar is an example) who I make "mini reps" but they are not actual representatives of Flights, the most commonly accepted aesthetic of their Flight, in lore or anything else. It's just a neat little "collectable" for me in my brain and that's it. Only the Primal eyes can affect my outfits but it's far from what you'd expect, I have some really wild interpretations of what elements represent, and they're primarily themed in such a way that they fit my lair.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
I think I'm might be an outlier, but yes, absolutely. I have a preference for buying Ice-element dragons when I'm looking for new lore dragons (or Fire, since my lore also ties quite heavily into Ice/Fire conflict), sometimes I dress a dragon with the climate in mind (though not always), and I lean heavily towards Gaolers since, you know, Ice ancient

Not to say I don't have diversity of elements, breeds, etc, but I do try to keep in mind a dragon's elemental allegiance when they're for lore since it usually informs some aspect of their character. Why would a Light-aligned dragon move to the Southern Icefield boonies? What kind of dragon would move across the world from Dragonhome to the Southern Icefield?

It's just fun imo
I think I'm might be an outlier, but yes, absolutely. I have a preference for buying Ice-element dragons when I'm looking for new lore dragons (or Fire, since my lore also ties quite heavily into Ice/Fire conflict), sometimes I dress a dragon with the climate in mind (though not always), and I lean heavily towards Gaolers since, you know, Ice ancient

Not to say I don't have diversity of elements, breeds, etc, but I do try to keep in mind a dragon's elemental allegiance when they're for lore since it usually informs some aspect of their character. Why would a Light-aligned dragon move to the Southern Icefield boonies? What kind of dragon would move across the world from Dragonhome to the Southern Icefield?

It's just fun imo
Scary Storybook [Lore] Progress Report
Shade Constructs [Lineage and Subspecies]
Sector 42 Hatchery [Lineage Dragons]
they/them, lore heavy lair, icicle
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I don't intend to, but I really like tree dragons and ended up with a lot
I don't intend to, but I really like tree dragons and ended up with a lot
I think it's the other way around for me lol. Since the Flight I'm in is different than the one I started in, I chose my current Flight (Water) to fit the aesthetic of my dragon preference.
I think it's the other way around for me lol. Since the Flight I'm in is different than the one I started in, I chose my current Flight (Water) to fit the aesthetic of my dragon preference.
Not at all. Like today I was trying to post on this week's dragon share thread (trickmurk circus), and it took me a while to figure out what dragons were shadow-y enough. The only reason I have more than one purple dragon is because I keep hatching purple doubles. Honestly, I'd say that my lair is more skewed towards blues and browns, but even that's a loose way of putting it.
Not at all. Like today I was trying to post on this week's dragon share thread (trickmurk circus), and it took me a while to figure out what dragons were shadow-y enough. The only reason I have more than one purple dragon is because I keep hatching purple doubles. Honestly, I'd say that my lair is more skewed towards blues and browns, but even that's a loose way of putting it.
52014.png
I U S
he/she | fr +3
stares at my lair

uh. I think. yes. pff
stares at my lair

uh. I think. yes. pff
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png
I intended it to, but then my lair just turned into a mess of things lol
I intended it to, but then my lair just turned into a mess of things lol
1 2 3 4 5 6