Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Finally decided and finished <3
1 2 3
[quote name="Achaius" date="2024-02-23 22:25:33" ] laced! but really any of laced/ground/slime look good to me. I think savannah's green on the tail is too soft, and piebald doesn't show enough of the green. [/quote] literally my same opinion so i am going to kindly quote the user above me <3
Achaius wrote on 2024-02-23 22:25:33:
laced! but really any of laced/ground/slime look good to me. I think savannah's green on the tail is too soft, and piebald doesn't show enough of the green.
literally my same opinion so i am going to kindly quote the user above me <3
o1Ug1jU.png
» bea
» she/her
» +9 FR time
savannah all the way- the tail kinda look like it fading into okapi :D
savannah all the way- the tail kinda look like it fading into okapi :D
Y0w97b1.png astronic-fr
» he/they
» g1 lair
» art shop
XufexgK.gif
[quote name="Luunai" date="2024-02-23 21:38:38" ] @bora Thank you so much for the compliment and the advice! Your insight definitely helped, and I am indeed very much torn between the perfection and elegance of Piebald (it's such an underrated gene, so the chance is tempting to show it at its best <3) and the green nuances of Savannah (I feel like it would be a pity to give them up, and I really like its effects on the face and the tail), so it will probably come down to one of these two! c: [/quote] I definitely understand the difficulty picking just one - though really all of the options look gorgeous, so I don’t think you can really go wrong in the end c: Let me know what you end up picking for him, I’d love to see him finished hehe
Luunai wrote on 2024-02-23 21:38:38:
@bora
Thank you so much for the compliment and the advice! Your insight definitely helped, and I am indeed very much torn between the perfection and elegance of Piebald (it's such an underrated gene, so the chance is tempting to show it at its best <3) and the green nuances of Savannah (I feel like it would be a pity to give them up, and I really like its effects on the face and the tail), so it will probably come down to one of these two! c:

I definitely understand the difficulty picking just one - though really all of the options look gorgeous, so I don’t think you can really go wrong in the end c: Let me know what you end up picking for him, I’d love to see him finished hehe
JooSuWk.png
Thank you for the votes/feedback so far!

It's fortunate that all the different votes reflect my own indecisiveness haha, so it's (at least) not just me :'D
Thank you for the votes/feedback so far!

It's fortunate that all the different votes reflect my own indecisiveness haha, so it's (at least) not just me :'D
ShDdjsG.gif ---
H I D D E N • S A N C T U M
pV7y7eJ.png
"I circle around God, around the ancient tower,
and I have circled for thousands of years ..."
piebald. because i love piebald. :3
piebald. because i love piebald. :3
aJtAs7H.gif
piebald!!
piebald!!
23860.png rix3ppo.png WQA384m.png 23859.png
omg... i am obsessed with your choices so far with this dragon, ithilien feels so cohesive. he is so relaxing to look at, but like there's this sense of depth, if that makes sense? like he reminds me of when i go on a walk on a familiar path, but then i stop and then i notice something small but very beautiful i didn't see before, and i see some more small, beautiful things and remember how beautiful the world can really be. which sounds kinda silly (more so because when i was writing this, i was thinking about an open-world game i play instead of an actual place orz) but it's trew..

i feel like i can get what you mean when you say "it's only nuances," but imo those nuances are what makes ithilien so interesting for me to look at. you have such a nice dragon style/aesthetic. that said, my choice of primary is savannah! i like how the face area complements the nature primal eye, and how, like astronic mentioned, the tail looks like it's fading into okapi!

also, personally, when i decide on genes for my dragons, i like to consider if the dragon can still look cohesive with only their genes. so another reason i like savannah because it maintains the stripe-y vibe the other genes created (^_^

sorry if i sounded insane (i am insane), but tldr i like savannah best <3
omg... i am obsessed with your choices so far with this dragon, ithilien feels so cohesive. he is so relaxing to look at, but like there's this sense of depth, if that makes sense? like he reminds me of when i go on a walk on a familiar path, but then i stop and then i notice something small but very beautiful i didn't see before, and i see some more small, beautiful things and remember how beautiful the world can really be. which sounds kinda silly (more so because when i was writing this, i was thinking about an open-world game i play instead of an actual place orz) but it's trew..

i feel like i can get what you mean when you say "it's only nuances," but imo those nuances are what makes ithilien so interesting for me to look at. you have such a nice dragon style/aesthetic. that said, my choice of primary is savannah! i like how the face area complements the nature primal eye, and how, like astronic mentioned, the tail looks like it's fading into okapi!

also, personally, when i decide on genes for my dragons, i like to consider if the dragon can still look cohesive with only their genes. so another reason i like savannah because it maintains the stripe-y vibe the other genes created (^_^

sorry if i sounded insane (i am insane), but tldr i like savannah best <3
I would say Savannah! It also matching the apparel and the tertiary gene. c:
I would say Savannah! It also matching the apparel and the tertiary gene. c:
5891801a7bbcd5e9c6aeff9821d1e2fda0e1ee6c.png
hdWqAOO.png
zLwbKxI.png
HkP1Kx1.png
oaolHwW.png
9bc3d1022808dc564cb98e21609cdb28fde2cfc4.gif mtHAEL4.png
EB9jVcQ.png
0XHtpWy.png
Vs2WmBF.png
@stn
Oh my, thank you so so much for your detailed and elaborated feedback, and the lovely compliments?? ;v; I can relate to the insane/obsessed feeling haha, as you can see from this thread, because I'm always trying to make all nuances and aspects playing together in the best possible way - that's what makes dragon designs so interesting. So your insight is much appreciated, and I can definitely see all the excellent points about Savannah you made, and feel very much drawn to it now, as well :D

Also, would you by any chance mind if I use your little description/associations about Ithilien as an inspiration to write a poetic lore blurb into his bio with credits given? The lines about the familiar path and the beauty of something small you suddenly notice is such a wonderful way to capture the aura I had in mind for him <333
@stn
Oh my, thank you so so much for your detailed and elaborated feedback, and the lovely compliments?? ;v; I can relate to the insane/obsessed feeling haha, as you can see from this thread, because I'm always trying to make all nuances and aspects playing together in the best possible way - that's what makes dragon designs so interesting. So your insight is much appreciated, and I can definitely see all the excellent points about Savannah you made, and feel very much drawn to it now, as well :D

Also, would you by any chance mind if I use your little description/associations about Ithilien as an inspiration to write a poetic lore blurb into his bio with credits given? The lines about the familiar path and the beauty of something small you suddenly notice is such a wonderful way to capture the aura I had in mind for him <333
ShDdjsG.gif ---
H I D D E N • S A N C T U M
pV7y7eJ.png
"I circle around God, around the ancient tower,
and I have circled for thousands of years ..."
@Luunai
imo one of the good things about being insane about something incredibly specific, like fr dragon designs, is that sometimes you can find someone who can understand exactly what you mean. i totally get it.. dragon designs are so fun to play with because of all the little choices you can make to create nuances. but because i was thinking about how i related to you and looked at how pretty ithilien is again, i took so long deciding how to reply to this part (-_-

ofc you can use my description as inspiration with credit! honestly, i would be extremely honored (plus it's making my day right now), because i actually considered ithilien's bio too while i was thinking on my choice and writing my first post. i didn't mention it at first because i didn't want to make my post too long LOL. but, in particular, the closing lines "It gives itself up continually / That is why it endures" made me want to ramble about ithilien, because it was sooo beautiful and i could see these lines' influence in his design <3 <3
@Luunai
imo one of the good things about being insane about something incredibly specific, like fr dragon designs, is that sometimes you can find someone who can understand exactly what you mean. i totally get it.. dragon designs are so fun to play with because of all the little choices you can make to create nuances. but because i was thinking about how i related to you and looked at how pretty ithilien is again, i took so long deciding how to reply to this part (-_-

ofc you can use my description as inspiration with credit! honestly, i would be extremely honored (plus it's making my day right now), because i actually considered ithilien's bio too while i was thinking on my choice and writing my first post. i didn't mention it at first because i didn't want to make my post too long LOL. but, in particular, the closing lines "It gives itself up continually / That is why it endures" made me want to ramble about ithilien, because it was sooo beautiful and i could see these lines' influence in his design <3 <3
1 2 3