Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Hatchery stuff
Heyy! So im looking to maybe start a hatchery and have made a google slide show with all the breeding pairs, am I allowed to put a link to the slide show in the forums or should i just include pictures? And if so, does anyone have a layout / code layout that i could use? Thanks! I also dont really know how to price them too! I may need a little help-
Heyy! So im looking to maybe start a hatchery and have made a google slide show with all the breeding pairs, am I allowed to put a link to the slide show in the forums or should i just include pictures? And if so, does anyone have a layout / code layout that i could use? Thanks! I also dont really know how to price them too! I may need a little help-
IjC5EUm.gif

Boppity Bippity, Your breathing is now a conscious activity >:]
You are allowed to link to outside sources, however I will say I personally would rather be able to see things without having to leave the site.
You are allowed to link to outside sources, however I will say I personally would rather be able to see things without having to leave the site.
giphy.gif
BanescaleSig.png
giphy.gif
Thanks!
Thanks!
IjC5EUm.gif

Boppity Bippity, Your breathing is now a conscious activity >:]
[quote name="azhdrake" date="2024-02-10 09:34:34" ] You are allowed to link to outside sources, however I will say I personally would rather be able to see things without having to leave the site. [/quote] I agree with this. Personally I'd rather just scroll through a forum post to see all the breeding cards rather than view an offsite slide show. I'm also not a big fan of autoscrolling slide shows. For a hatchery I'd want to be able to view things at my own pace (lingering on ones I am interested in, scrolling past ones I'm not interested in) and the low-tech method of "just put all the pictures in a post" is the most convenient for me.
azhdrake wrote on 2024-02-10 09:34:34:
I agree with this. Personally I'd rather just scroll through a forum post to see all the breeding cards rather than view an offsite slide show.

I'm also not a big fan of autoscrolling slide shows. For a hatchery I'd want to be able to view things at my own pace (lingering on ones I am interested in, scrolling past ones I'm not interested in) and the low-tech method of "just put all the pictures in a post" is the most convenient for me.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
Agreeing with what the others have said! ^^ Since there are already so many hatcheries in the Dragons For Sale forum, I want to be able to navigate a hatchery thread as easily as possible. Generally, the fewer the clicks, the easier to navigate! So I recommend including pictures of your breeding pairs in the forum post as opposed to having a Google Slideshow.

I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for in terms of layout/code, but there are a lot of BBCode guides and resources in the "Guides" forums that I'm sure will help! Here are a few links:

BBCode guide
Germs' BBCode School
BBCode Compendium
Agreeing with what the others have said! ^^ Since there are already so many hatcheries in the Dragons For Sale forum, I want to be able to navigate a hatchery thread as easily as possible. Generally, the fewer the clicks, the easier to navigate! So I recommend including pictures of your breeding pairs in the forum post as opposed to having a Google Slideshow.

I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for in terms of layout/code, but there are a lot of BBCode guides and resources in the "Guides" forums that I'm sure will help! Here are a few links:

BBCode guide
Germs' BBCode School
BBCode Compendium
A geometric teardrop shaped glass terrarium houses a small replica of the Daylight Sanctum. It's surrounded by autumnal pine trees and sparkles. xx AYRMELTwo small, overlapping brown leaves.
"And the universe said I love you, because you are love."
She/They, FR+0, chronically tired
xx Free Dragons here!
More Free Dragons!
Exalt Rescue Guide
Dragon Sales Thread
Item Wishlist
Fodderlocke
Agreeing with others. If you don’t have it natively in the forum, people may decide it’s not worth going off site to see and might click away. Having basic things like your pairs off site might make people decide not to bother.
Agreeing with others. If you don’t have it natively in the forum, people may decide it’s not worth going off site to see and might click away. Having basic things like your pairs off site might make people decide not to bother.
Ukt5hov.png 6WJQDgR.png D55IPKI.png 87195919.png he/him