Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Changing Flight - your opinions
1 2 3
i changed from wind to earth last year. my account's over 10 years old now, but for most of that time i wasn't playing so when i returned i thought a change of pace was in order. brown is my favorite color which is a nice bonus, but the biggest reason was that i just didn't fit with the vibes of wind... everything about earth suits me much better i think so i don't foresee any future changes [emoji=obelisk happy size=1]
i changed from wind to earth last year. my account's over 10 years old now, but for most of that time i wasn't playing so when i returned i thought a change of pace was in order. brown is my favorite color which is a nice bonus, but the biggest reason was that i just didn't fit with the vibes of wind... everything about earth suits me much better i think so i don't foresee any future changes
1-lisa.png 1-cassia.png 1-penelopeia.png1-orion.png
I changed from Arcane to Light in 2021. Never been happier! When I first joined I was stuck between the two flights and ended up going with arcane because magic sounded fun and thought it might affect gameplay more than it does. Thought about changing to Light for years before I finally pulled the trigger.

I didn't feel at home in Arcane or welcome. I couldn't get involved in events and yet actively got harassed multiple times for "not doing things for the flight" by random strangers both as a brand new member of the site with little knowledge of what's going on and as a veteran with a large lair and presumed resources. I'm sure I'm painting a target on my head for typing this because saying any negative thing about the flight operations in the past was enough to get a coalition against you. It had happened to me once, but I also witnessed it multiple times lurking in the forums and it caused more than one person to abandon the game.

Light has a totally different and more inclusive energy and I wished I jumped over a lot sooner. I've met only great people there who are positive, accommodating, and generous. Their dedication has in turn made me more dedicated to helping, even though I've hardly spoken with anyone.

I don't know how often stuff like that happens in the other flights, or if it's a case of "the largest therefore probably has the most bad apples" (anyone from Shadow can confirm?) but I do know not a single Light member has been rude to me since I swapped and it's been an absolute pleasure contributing.
And also that telling the story of the mails demanding my dragons for free fodder to people of other flights have always made them respond confused and concerned.
Edit: I was not yet a fodder breeder at that point. Those were permas.

Breeding lots of yellow dragons and now having matching eyes was a bonus part of the decision. But I pretty much solely switched because of the way I was being treated.
I changed from Arcane to Light in 2021. Never been happier! When I first joined I was stuck between the two flights and ended up going with arcane because magic sounded fun and thought it might affect gameplay more than it does. Thought about changing to Light for years before I finally pulled the trigger.

I didn't feel at home in Arcane or welcome. I couldn't get involved in events and yet actively got harassed multiple times for "not doing things for the flight" by random strangers both as a brand new member of the site with little knowledge of what's going on and as a veteran with a large lair and presumed resources. I'm sure I'm painting a target on my head for typing this because saying any negative thing about the flight operations in the past was enough to get a coalition against you. It had happened to me once, but I also witnessed it multiple times lurking in the forums and it caused more than one person to abandon the game.

Light has a totally different and more inclusive energy and I wished I jumped over a lot sooner. I've met only great people there who are positive, accommodating, and generous. Their dedication has in turn made me more dedicated to helping, even though I've hardly spoken with anyone.

I don't know how often stuff like that happens in the other flights, or if it's a case of "the largest therefore probably has the most bad apples" (anyone from Shadow can confirm?) but I do know not a single Light member has been rude to me since I swapped and it's been an absolute pleasure contributing.
And also that telling the story of the mails demanding my dragons for free fodder to people of other flights have always made them respond confused and concerned.
Edit: I was not yet a fodder breeder at that point. Those were permas.

Breeding lots of yellow dragons and now having matching eyes was a bonus part of the decision. But I pretty much solely switched because of the way I was being treated.
I changed flights near the beginning of my time on FR. I was originally in wind, and I switched to shadow. The aesthetics and lore of shadow fit me a lot better. I don't really know why I originally joined wind, but I don't regret it because I think my progen would look weird with shadow eyes...

I've been debating switching to water or plague for a while but I'm too attached to shadow, I can't bring myself to do it...
I changed flights near the beginning of my time on FR. I was originally in wind, and I switched to shadow. The aesthetics and lore of shadow fit me a lot better. I don't really know why I originally joined wind, but I don't regret it because I think my progen would look weird with shadow eyes...

I've been debating switching to water or plague for a while but I'm too attached to shadow, I can't bring myself to do it...
jCVhFoZ.gif
If you like earthy colors why not switch to Earth? I loved it there, the frequent dom bonuses were great!

How often have you changed flight?
  • I've been to all of the flights but Plague so far, so I've moved 9 times. I stayed in my first flight (Nature) for like 2 months, then the second for like 6 years, then the rest around (at least but not much more than) 6 months each

What were your reasons?
  • Nature sounded nice to start, but I wanted more neutral eyes (I think the standard Ice eyes used to be more like Ice Pastel). Once the eye update happened, I thought it would be fun to try to hatch all the natural eye types in each flight, so I started moving after doing that in Ice.

Was there ever a flight change you regretted (if yes why?)
  • Nah I've had fun moving around.

Are you thinking about changing your flight in the future?
  • I need to go to Plague next to complete my world tour, then Nature again to finish the project, then I'll probably settle down in a final flight.
If you like earthy colors why not switch to Earth? I loved it there, the frequent dom bonuses were great!

• I've been to all of the flights but Plague so far, so I've moved 9 times. I stayed in my first flight (Nature) for like 2 months, then the second for like 6 years, then the rest around (at least but not much more than) 6 months each

What were your reasons?
  • Nature sounded nice to start, but I wanted more neutral eyes (I think the standard Ice eyes used to be more like Ice Pastel). Once the eye update happened, I thought it would be fun to try to hatch all the natural eye types in each flight, so I started moving after doing that in Ice.

• Nah I've had fun moving around.

• I need to go to Plague next to complete my world tour, then Nature again to finish the project, then I'll probably settle down in a final flight.
art of a yellow winged cat standing on a book, linking to the thread the badge was froma fake item ribbon with trans and rainbow flag colors linking to a thread with more ribbons/art of a traveling Light flight Spiral dragon linking to the artist
Just once, from nature to light.

What were your reasons?
I had just come back to the game after a year or so hiatus, and wanted a change of scenery. I chose light specifically because of the eyes, since I used to do a lot of breeding.

Nope! I've really enjoyed it here!

Definitely, I'd like to move around a bit and check out the different flight communities.
Just once, from nature to light.

What were your reasons?
I had just come back to the game after a year or so hiatus, and wanted a change of scenery. I chose light specifically because of the eyes, since I used to do a lot of breeding.

Nope! I've really enjoyed it here!

Definitely, I'd like to move around a bit and check out the different flight communities.
-How often have you changed flight?
0 times, but I considered changing to earth/wind.

-What were your reasons?
Wind/earth aesthetics are my favorite, but I like the hoverview vale.

-Was there ever a flight change you regretted (if yes why?)
I do not want to change flight because I hold out hope that the hoverview vale flight will fit my lair better...

-Are you thinking about changing your flight in the future?
Perhaps if the new arcane banners do not suit my lair vibe.
-How often have you changed flight?
0 times, but I considered changing to earth/wind.

-What were your reasons?
Wind/earth aesthetics are my favorite, but I like the hoverview vale.

I do not want to change flight because I hold out hope that the hoverview vale flight will fit my lair better...

Perhaps if the new arcane banners do not suit my lair vibe.
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- How often have you changed flight?
i changed once, several years ago. i swapped from shadow to light.

-What were your reasons?
i had 2 reasons for choosing to swap to light, both of which were things i learned about after having played for a little bit:
1. learned about dom and learned that, at least at the time, plague and light were big players in dom and i wanted that sweet sweet discount (i say “at the time” bc idk much about dom trends the past few years so idk if that’s still the case)
2. i learned that eye color is influenced by nest flight, and i like more generally colorful stuff w a bit of pastels in there, so i wanted a flight that would suit that aesthetic for my nests.
after determining this, plague was out (plus i just wasn’t into the aesthetic in general) and light was in.

nope, not one bit.

nope, not one bit.

go glittermom !

and yknow, as loyal as i now am to glittermom, i think it’s super fun to see other people moving around and experimenting! i hope you figure out where you wanna be :)
- How often have you changed flight?
i changed once, several years ago. i swapped from shadow to light.

-What were your reasons?
i had 2 reasons for choosing to swap to light, both of which were things i learned about after having played for a little bit:
1. learned about dom and learned that, at least at the time, plague and light were big players in dom and i wanted that sweet sweet discount (i say “at the time” bc idk much about dom trends the past few years so idk if that’s still the case)
2. i learned that eye color is influenced by nest flight, and i like more generally colorful stuff w a bit of pastels in there, so i wanted a flight that would suit that aesthetic for my nests.
after determining this, plague was out (plus i just wasn’t into the aesthetic in general) and light was in.

nope, not one bit.

nope, not one bit.

go glittermom !

and yknow, as loyal as i now am to glittermom, i think it’s super fun to see other people moving around and experimenting! i hope you figure out where you wanna be :)
SDMKiMj.gif i go by sav or sugar
she/her
| adult | +2 FR
PMC
| TH | accents
my lore archive
i've changed flights twice! i started with nature, went to fire for quite a while, and then settled in wind, where i very much doubt i'll ever be leaving.

i changed both times because lore-wise i was branching out and figuring out what my clan was about, and also the first time the nature eyes weren't really working with the dragons i was breeding. even while i was in fire my clan was scattered all over the place, at least partially because i had a number of dragons who wouldn't have been comfortable there. but wind has the aesthetic i love, a location i'd love to be in irl, and i love the eyes! and i've developed so much lore for them now that's based on this location, including a map of the area they inhabit that i'm still working on. and wind has one of the least niche locations, in my opinion. most of the other flights are underwater, around a volcano, in a plague-ridden area, in perpetual winter, etc, but wind (and light, and earth) are just regular sort of places for geography and weather.
i've changed flights twice! i started with nature, went to fire for quite a while, and then settled in wind, where i very much doubt i'll ever be leaving.

i changed both times because lore-wise i was branching out and figuring out what my clan was about, and also the first time the nature eyes weren't really working with the dragons i was breeding. even while i was in fire my clan was scattered all over the place, at least partially because i had a number of dragons who wouldn't have been comfortable there. but wind has the aesthetic i love, a location i'd love to be in irl, and i love the eyes! and i've developed so much lore for them now that's based on this location, including a map of the area they inhabit that i'm still working on. and wind has one of the least niche locations, in my opinion. most of the other flights are underwater, around a volcano, in a plague-ridden area, in perpetual winter, etc, but wind (and light, and earth) are just regular sort of places for geography and weather.
n9LAXHI.png
swN0YRQ.png
LvvTlaP.png
foF7QGb.png
mAlnTLL.png
DAuLoYm.png
5VuuwLe.png
i moved to fire (originally picked arcane when i joined) a couple months after joining when i realized it'd fit a lot better and have been happy in fire the whole time ive played, i haven't wanted to switch flights since. there's no reason to, i like it here and i'm not interested in moving. i think maybe in 2016 or something i moved to earth briefly for a breeding project and moved back to fire once my six months was up, but that must've been before i knew about nest rentals lol
i moved to fire (originally picked arcane when i joined) a couple months after joining when i realized it'd fit a lot better and have been happy in fire the whole time ive played, i haven't wanted to switch flights since. there's no reason to, i like it here and i'm not interested in moving. i think maybe in 2016 or something i moved to earth briefly for a breeding project and moved back to fire once my six months was up, but that must've been before i knew about nest rentals lol
The eyes of Lio Fotia and Galo Thymos from Promare in official art by Hiroyuki Imaishi staring dramatically past the viewer. There is a ball of fire in their colors (blue, pink, and white) between them
I spent 6 months in Earth following my first anniversary and have vague plans to repeat that this year following my ninth anniversary. Mostly just a change of scenery; it's another flight I vibe with and the timing of my anniversary, Ice's festival and Earth's festival makes it a tidy way to spend the year. My lore is an all-flight travelling circus so the flight I'm in as a player has no ongoing relevance to that.
I spent 6 months in Earth following my first anniversary and have vague plans to repeat that this year following my ninth anniversary. Mostly just a change of scenery; it's another flight I vibe with and the timing of my anniversary, Ice's festival and Earth's festival makes it a tidy way to spend the year. My lore is an all-flight travelling circus so the flight I'm in as a player has no ongoing relevance to that.
5917.pngtumblr_opq1fv62h41u3wsjco7_100.pngtumblr_inline_nsthp2ksAe1s23g03_540.pngVkRusUJ.png8095.png
1 2 3