Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Add KS Items to the Achievement Shop
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18
[quote name="WynnDawnstrider" date="2024-01-13 20:06:49" ] Considering a drama that just happened I refuse to go into, more support for a better system than roundsey to get them now than ever before from me. I don't think they should be handing them out like candy or anything but some way to occasionally generate more so they're not all caught on dead or locked accounts would be fantastic. [/quote] Okay, but it was the funniest thing possibly in the history of this site. (What I assume is being referenced is [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3306520/9#post_55948592]linked here[/url] for the understanding of future reading - if the staff had wanted this debacle to be a secret they would have deleted the thread instead of locking it.) But, yeah, clearly the decision-making process in regards to this needs revisiting. EDIT: also for the clarity of future readers [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3308059#post_3308059]Here is the newest update from the staff about the situation[/url] since they deleted the old thread. Nothing new, but it's here. The old thread was basically asking who won the KS crown in the last Roundsey Raffle. A new account posted screen shots of a support conversation revealing that a player's account that had been banned for violating terms of use won the crown. Aequorin posted and locked the thread basically saying that discussion of rule-breaking activities and whatnot is against the rules and that staff was reviewing the "disappointing" outcome of the raffle.
WynnDawnstrider wrote on 2024-01-13 20:06:49:
Considering a drama that just happened I refuse to go into, more support for a better system than roundsey to get them now than ever before from me. I don't think they should be handing them out like candy or anything but some way to occasionally generate more so they're not all caught on dead or locked accounts would be fantastic.
Okay, but it was the funniest thing possibly in the history of this site. (What I assume is being referenced is linked here for the understanding of future reading - if the staff had wanted this debacle to be a secret they would have deleted the thread instead of locking it.)

But, yeah, clearly the decision-making process in regards to this needs revisiting.

EDIT: also for the clarity of future readers
Here is the newest update from the staff about the situation since they deleted the old thread. Nothing new, but it's here. The old thread was basically asking who won the KS crown in the last Roundsey Raffle. A new account posted screen shots of a support conversation revealing that a player's account that had been banned for violating terms of use won the crown. Aequorin posted and locked the thread basically saying that discussion of rule-breaking activities and whatnot is against the rules and that staff was reviewing the "disappointing" outcome of the raffle.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
At a much, much higher price range; support! 10k points or higher like others have suggested sounds reasonable :3 i can see the sense in making them clanbound, or having them limited to one per account like with fiona-exclusive familiars or something, and while personally i'd prefer 'em without those limits it would honestly just be nice to know i can get at least /one/ when that's completely unobtainable right now. they're only ever gonna get more limited as people sell theirs to forever homes, and the players who were around for the kickstarter days will dwindle. it won't happen, but i'd love to see new items generated!
At a much, much higher price range; support! 10k points or higher like others have suggested sounds reasonable :3 i can see the sense in making them clanbound, or having them limited to one per account like with fiona-exclusive familiars or something, and while personally i'd prefer 'em without those limits it would honestly just be nice to know i can get at least /one/ when that's completely unobtainable right now. they're only ever gonna get more limited as people sell theirs to forever homes, and the players who were around for the kickstarter days will dwindle. it won't happen, but i'd love to see new items generated!
A pixel art badge of a snowy owlynx; a blueish gray cat familiar with darker spots and wings.
Pixel art of an obelisk dragon (Winona) with light eyes, a grayish blue body, and red wings and circuit patterns. She's facing left.A light pink pixel diamond.Pixel art of an obelisk dragon (WX) with fire eyes, a golden body, bronze mane and wings, and black circuit patterns. They're facing right.
Pings ok.
Badges.
Wishlist.
FR server time + 8 hours.
Still no support but that roundsey result has gotta be the funniest thing ever
Still no support but that roundsey result has gotta be the funniest thing ever
sBdLZtA.png
[quote name="Almedha" date="2024-01-13 21:47:49" ] [quote name="WynnDawnstrider" date="2024-01-13 20:06:49" ] Considering a drama that just happened I refuse to go into, more support for a better system than roundsey to get them now than ever before from me. I don't think they should be handing them out like candy or anything but some way to occasionally generate more so they're not all caught on dead or locked accounts would be fantastic. [/quote] Okay, but it was the funniest thing possibly in the history of this site. (What I assume is being referenced is [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3306520/9#post_55948592]linked here[/url] for the understanding of future reading - if the staff had wanted this debacle to be a secret they would have deleted the thread instead of locking it.) But, yeah, clearly the decision-making process in regards to this needs revisiting. [/quote] Hard agree. The site is Ten years old, while the apparel looks a little dated the fams are still great and highly sought, but it IS going to reach a point where they are literally impossible to get simply because there are so few
Almedha wrote on 2024-01-13 21:47:49:
WynnDawnstrider wrote on 2024-01-13 20:06:49:
Considering a drama that just happened I refuse to go into, more support for a better system than roundsey to get them now than ever before from me. I don't think they should be handing them out like candy or anything but some way to occasionally generate more so they're not all caught on dead or locked accounts would be fantastic.
Okay, but it was the funniest thing possibly in the history of this site. (What I assume is being referenced is linked here for the understanding of future reading - if the staff had wanted this debacle to be a secret they would have deleted the thread instead of locking it.)

But, yeah, clearly the decision-making process in regards to this needs revisiting.
Hard agree. The site is Ten years old, while the apparel looks a little dated the fams are still great and highly sought, but it IS going to reach a point where they are literally impossible to get simply because there are so few
kXpNHpy.pngplagueshieldr.png99zjGkK.pngzSvfhTP.pngshadowshieldl.pngK3S42IV.png
Absolutely support as long as at least half of the still active KS backers don't mind it, especially at much lower prices than suggested. [sub] [quote name="Post_55963609"]What I assume is being referenced is [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3306520/9#post_55948592]linked here[/url] for the understanding of future reading[/quote] Wait... So all winner accounts are investigated upon receiving their prizes and banned even for past rule violations? Didn't know Roundsey's Raffle was actually a honeypot... [/sub]
Absolutely support as long as at least half of the still active KS backers don't mind it, especially at much lower prices than suggested.

Post_55963609 wrote:
What I assume is being referenced is linked here for the understanding of future reading
Wait... So all winner accounts are investigated upon receiving their prizes and banned even for past rule violations? Didn't know Roundsey's Raffle was actually a honeypot...
Jökull | Male | GMT+3
(Flight Rising time: +10)
QpqWmcnK_o.png
As much as I'd love for at least the KS familiars to be reintroduced, I feel that it won't be happening for reasons already stated by others in this thread.

Support, but I doubt it'd happen. Heck, I'd still support it even if the items were limited to one per account, similar to how the Fiona familiars are!
As much as I'd love for at least the KS familiars to be reintroduced, I feel that it won't be happening for reasons already stated by others in this thread.

Support, but I doubt it'd happen. Heck, I'd still support it even if the items were limited to one per account, similar to how the Fiona familiars are!
qiTymVx.png zbfZPyc.png
Still done with the forums but I needed to say something here because of recent events:

In light of the mess re: the Gilded Crown last week, I think this is the strongest possible case that can be made for the need to make KS and y1/y2 retired items available and I think this is the best way to do it, though I think 2000 points is a bit too low, but I support being able to buy 1 KS item for a very high number of points, that would take time and effort to work towards, even for those of us who have maxed out or are close to maxing out our achievements and have to fall back on the tasks. Right now Roundsey isn't working so well as a way to re-release items at a limited rate, being people have figured out how to game the system by multi-accounting and illegal off-site trading and such. This would keep the old items rare, with how long it would take to work towards them, while not making them completely impossible considering that outside of Roundsey almost nobody is selling their KS or Light Sprites, etc.

So I support this suggestion with the strong caveat that the points requirement be raised, like even 10,000 points would be more fair than what we have now. THIS is better for the economy than the current system where people have cheated to "win".
Still done with the forums but I needed to say something here because of recent events:

In light of the mess re: the Gilded Crown last week, I think this is the strongest possible case that can be made for the need to make KS and y1/y2 retired items available and I think this is the best way to do it, though I think 2000 points is a bit too low, but I support being able to buy 1 KS item for a very high number of points, that would take time and effort to work towards, even for those of us who have maxed out or are close to maxing out our achievements and have to fall back on the tasks. Right now Roundsey isn't working so well as a way to re-release items at a limited rate, being people have figured out how to game the system by multi-accounting and illegal off-site trading and such. This would keep the old items rare, with how long it would take to work towards them, while not making them completely impossible considering that outside of Roundsey almost nobody is selling their KS or Light Sprites, etc.

So I support this suggestion with the strong caveat that the points requirement be raised, like even 10,000 points would be more fair than what we have now. THIS is better for the economy than the current system where people have cheated to "win".
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
[quote name="Helcaraxe" date="2024-01-15 10:00:29" ] Still done with the forums but I needed to say something here because of recent events: In light of the mess re: the Gilded Crown last week, I think this is the strongest possible case that can be made for the need to make KS and y1/y2 retired items available and I think this is the best way to do it, though I think 2000 points is a bit too low, but I support being able to buy 1 KS item for a very high number of points, that would take time and effort to work towards, even for those of us who have maxed out or are close to maxing out our achievements and have to fall back on the tasks. Right now Roundsey isn't working so well as a way to re-release items at a limited rate, being people have figured out how to game the system by multi-accounting and illegal off-site trading and such. This would keep the old items rare, with how long it would take to work towards them, while not making them completely impossible considering that outside of Roundsey almost nobody is selling their KS or Light Sprites, etc. So I support this suggestion with the strong caveat that the points requirement be raised, like even 10,000 points would be more fair than what we have now. [b]THIS is better for the economy than the current system where people have cheated to "win".[/b] [/quote] Bolding is mine. I've loved the cog frog since I joined, but it's 100% impossible to work towards if you can't spend a bunch of real money or do art. That's not ok
Helcaraxe wrote on 2024-01-15 10:00:29:

Bolding is mine. I've loved the cog frog since I joined, but it's 100% impossible to work towards if you can't spend a bunch of real money or do art. That's not ok
i've voiced support of these suggestions before and i'll do it again. last roundsey's fiasco just solidified to me that continual retirement of items doesn't help anyone, and locking KS items in roundsey behind strictly donations doesn't help either - a lot of the time, these items still wind up on locked accounts eventually.

the immediate thought then is "well why don't they take those items off permanently banned accounts?" - on top of that going against their own stated rules, there's also just far too many circumstances for an account's termination that would just leave a very poor taste. passed individuals, people who just quit and closed their accounts, a termination that was due to mistake(s) made over a decade ago... those don't strike me as reasons to clean an account out of highly sought after items.

my proposal instead then is generating an equal amount of KS items that have been 'lost' instead. they should have those numbers - they know the amounts of KS backers and (i'd assume) the number of codes already used. this way, nothing is taken from dead accounts and the number of KS items in possible circulation is not dropped.

now my dream is KS items unretired completely, just like every previously retired item, just because i've always hated artificial scarcity in any capacity. these are pixels, this is a site filled w customization, why are these specific things now impossible for 99% of the playerbase to obtain, etc etc. idc about the player markets, idc about longterm goals - you can have stable markets without permanently retired items and you can always have longterm goals.

plus... at least when it comes to imperial scrolls specifically; that's an item that is genuinely impossible for any player to obtain. the amount of TOS breaking, offsite trading and scamming, hacking, item duping, all of it... over video game pixels. at that point, if an item's is causing that much strife over being unobtainable, maybe... it should quit being permanently retired.
i've voiced support of these suggestions before and i'll do it again. last roundsey's fiasco just solidified to me that continual retirement of items doesn't help anyone, and locking KS items in roundsey behind strictly donations doesn't help either - a lot of the time, these items still wind up on locked accounts eventually.

the immediate thought then is "well why don't they take those items off permanently banned accounts?" - on top of that going against their own stated rules, there's also just far too many circumstances for an account's termination that would just leave a very poor taste. passed individuals, people who just quit and closed their accounts, a termination that was due to mistake(s) made over a decade ago... those don't strike me as reasons to clean an account out of highly sought after items.

my proposal instead then is generating an equal amount of KS items that have been 'lost' instead. they should have those numbers - they know the amounts of KS backers and (i'd assume) the number of codes already used. this way, nothing is taken from dead accounts and the number of KS items in possible circulation is not dropped.

now my dream is KS items unretired completely, just like every previously retired item, just because i've always hated artificial scarcity in any capacity. these are pixels, this is a site filled w customization, why are these specific things now impossible for 99% of the playerbase to obtain, etc etc. idc about the player markets, idc about longterm goals - you can have stable markets without permanently retired items and you can always have longterm goals.

plus... at least when it comes to imperial scrolls specifically; that's an item that is genuinely impossible for any player to obtain. the amount of TOS breaking, offsite trading and scamming, hacking, item duping, all of it... over video game pixels. at that point, if an item's is causing that much strife over being unobtainable, maybe... it should quit being permanently retired.
nzqnkq.png
[quote name="JLinaria" date="2024-01-01 15:47:44" ] There seems to be a very strong commitment to honoring the exclusivity of retired items and the only times I remember seeing players in support of that is with Kickstarter because real money was involved, I'm all for making a start on changing that by adding some of the less divisive retired items to the achievement shop. [/quote] honestly. Just make them 10,000+g each ($100 USD) and hire more staff to do more things with the site because honestly, people would be dropping cash like hot potatoes if you throw the Imp Scrolls in the MP for 10,000g. Even if there would be an initial influx from those few Very Rich Individuals, that would settle, and dropping the gems into the void that is the Gem Marketplace would remove a [i]lot[/i] of them from circulation. I think it would be very interesting to watch, honestly, and the increase in profit could only do good things for the longevity of the site, especially if it allowed them to hire more staff. More staff could = more artists, more writers, more coders etc etc which would mean more modern breeds, more genes, more apparel, new aspects of the site (games, coliseum, pvp, etc etc). Honestly I really think it would be good for the IRL aspect of the whole business, and it would make many, many Players very, very happy.
JLinaria wrote on 2024-01-01 15:47:44:
There seems to be a very strong commitment to honoring the exclusivity of retired items and the only times I remember seeing players in support of that is with Kickstarter because real money was involved, I'm all for making a start on changing that by adding some of the less divisive retired items to the achievement shop.

honestly. Just make them 10,000+g each ($100 USD) and hire more staff to do more things with the site because honestly, people would be dropping cash like hot potatoes if you throw the Imp Scrolls in the MP for 10,000g.

Even if there would be an initial influx from those few Very Rich Individuals, that would settle, and dropping the gems into the void that is the Gem Marketplace would remove a lot of them from circulation. I think it would be very interesting to watch, honestly, and the increase in profit could only do good things for the longevity of the site, especially if it allowed them to hire more staff. More staff could = more artists, more writers, more coders etc etc which would mean more modern breeds, more genes, more apparel, new aspects of the site (games, coliseum, pvp, etc etc).

Honestly I really think it would be good for the IRL aspect of the whole business, and it would make many, many Players very, very happy.
135783.png
92556387.png

Activity | Projects | UMAs
Farming Notes
Pretty Fodder

72964495.png
86867754.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18