Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Add KS Items to the Achievement Shop
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
@alkhor

You might want to delete the last part of your post, as it's circumventing a block. People are allowed to block you as they see fit - they don't need a justification.
@alkhor

You might want to delete the last part of your post, as it's circumventing a block. People are allowed to block you as they see fit - they don't need a justification.
I’d really like this. Make them 10,000 tokens. Roughly the max number of pursuit tokens you get in a year is 9,470 so asking people to work for a year to get a single one of these items seems pretty fair to keep value high. But still making it possible for any person to obtain.

Would be nice to actually collect a full beastiary, something I’ve been mad to find out is logistically impossible for over 10 yrs, all because I didn’t know kickstarter existed (much less be able to pay due to being underage). While I make do with imps being breeding only there are times I wish I could breed change dragons into them.
I’d really like this. Make them 10,000 tokens. Roughly the max number of pursuit tokens you get in a year is 9,470 so asking people to work for a year to get a single one of these items seems pretty fair to keep value high. But still making it possible for any person to obtain.

Would be nice to actually collect a full beastiary, something I’ve been mad to find out is logistically impossible for over 10 yrs, all because I didn’t know kickstarter existed (much less be able to pay due to being underage). While I make do with imps being breeding only there are times I wish I could breed change dragons into them.
gG13YVz.pngtumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
so many ks backers have voiced their support on those items being made available again
honestly i havent seen a single ks backer say that they dont support this lol

support obvi
so many ks backers have voiced their support on those items being made available again
honestly i havent seen a single ks backer say that they dont support this lol

support obvi
You can obtain only 215 tokens monthly aka 2,580 per year through pursuits alone (unless if there’s something I’m missing?), so I do think it should be reasonable with that in mind just in case. The 1,000 and 2,000 seems good in this regard. You can obtain a lot more through achievements, but my concern usually lies in ‘What if people used up their tokens from achievements before this came out?’ So, simply keeping pursuits in thought would kind of help. I would be fine with Kickstarters being reintroduced though I would like to see more thoughts from backers.
You can obtain only 215 tokens monthly aka 2,580 per year through pursuits alone (unless if there’s something I’m missing?), so I do think it should be reasonable with that in mind just in case. The 1,000 and 2,000 seems good in this regard. You can obtain a lot more through achievements, but my concern usually lies in ‘What if people used up their tokens from achievements before this came out?’ So, simply keeping pursuits in thought would kind of help. I would be fine with Kickstarters being reintroduced though I would like to see more thoughts from backers.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
[quote name="Gryphire" date="2024-01-01 12:23:52" ] asking people to work for a year to get a single one of these items seems pretty fair to keep value high. But still making it possible for any person to obtain. [/quote] Honestly? This seems extremely fair. Over a year of dedicated probably daily play just seems like a perfectly reasonable definition of the kinds of items that should be "rare" in a game like this. EDIT: As an aside, I don't really care about getting any of the KS items. I think making them exclusive was a huge mistake. And if staff also thinks it was a mistake, we shouldn't stop them from fixing it or otherwise changing course from their current policy by telling them they'd be "untrustworthy" to change their view. Because the world and the game are very different now than they were ten years ago. I want to trust the staff to make decisions for the good of the site. If they aren't making a decision they think would be good for the site because they'd be "bad people" if they did make that decision... then they don't deserve to be trusted. Because that explicitly means they aren't making good decisions. Basically, if they think it would be [i]good for the site[/i] in terms of user experience and retention, they should rerelease them. Any argument that revolves around "but you promised" is childish and/or irrational. "But my money," is a close second. There are obviously other better reasons to not return them. But there are no worse reasons.
Gryphire wrote on 2024-01-01 12:23:52:
asking people to work for a year to get a single one of these items seems pretty fair to keep value high. But still making it possible for any person to obtain.
Honestly? This seems extremely fair. Over a year of dedicated probably daily play just seems like a perfectly reasonable definition of the kinds of items that should be "rare" in a game like this.

EDIT:
As an aside, I don't really care about getting any of the KS items. I think making them exclusive was a huge mistake. And if staff also thinks it was a mistake, we shouldn't stop them from fixing it or otherwise changing course from their current policy by telling them they'd be "untrustworthy" to change their view. Because the world and the game are very different now than they were ten years ago. I want to trust the staff to make decisions for the good of the site. If they aren't making a decision they think would be good for the site because they'd be "bad people" if they did make that decision... then they don't deserve to be trusted. Because that explicitly means they aren't making good decisions.

Basically, if they think it would be good for the site in terms of user experience and retention, they should rerelease them. Any argument that revolves around "but you promised" is childish and/or irrational. "But my money," is a close second. There are obviously other better reasons to not return them. But there are no worse reasons.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Almedha" date="2024-01-01 13:26:08" ] [quote name="Gryphire" date="2024-01-01 12:23:52" ] asking people to work for a year to get a single one of these items seems pretty fair to keep value high. But still making it possible for any person to obtain. [/quote] Honestly? This seems extremely fair. Over a year of dedicated probably daily play just seems like a perfectly reasonable definition of the kinds of items that should be "rare" in a game like this. [/quote] Agree. Just set price at lvl where player must login every day and do his activity during year (or two if year looks too fast to obtain KS items)
Almedha wrote on 2024-01-01 13:26:08:
Gryphire wrote on 2024-01-01 12:23:52:
asking people to work for a year to get a single one of these items seems pretty fair to keep value high. But still making it possible for any person to obtain.
Honestly? This seems extremely fair. Over a year of dedicated probably daily play just seems like a perfectly reasonable definition of the kinds of items that should be "rare" in a game like this.
Agree. Just set price at lvl where player must login every day and do his activity during year (or two if year looks too fast to obtain KS items)

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
The achievement shop definitely could do with some more interesting options for exchanging achievement tokens, besides the genes I was able to buy everything with the initial tokens I got at the achievement release, the recent addition of umbrellas only cost 450 total and I'm sitting at 2k tokens atm so it really doesn't feel like I'll ever have to worry about running out, unless they add something worth buying many copies of, liiike a limited breed scroll?

I don't know about KS items though, that may be shooting a bit high.
There are other retired items that could be added to the shop, such as the familiars that were introduced alongside some of the ancient breeds, the Dripcave Deputy, Willowmane Deerling and the Sandskink are all technically retired, the reason no one makes a stink about them is because players made tons, enough to keep the AH stocked and prices reasonable.
We also have retired downtime items (see comments on Speedy for full list) that were literally just given to every single account at the time, I wasn't even active when some of them were given out I just had them when I started playing again.
Those items do rarely show up in Roundsey but a reliable way to work towards them would be great for people that joined too late to get them for free.

Realistically I don't think new copies of Kickstarter items are gonna become available in any way ever, festival items from the first 3 years weren't even added to Joxar's Spare Inventory (besides the bears, but that's only because they were in Strange Chests) when the whole point of that was to make festival items non-retired.
There seems to be a very strong commitment to honoring the exclusivity of retired items and the only times I remember seeing players in support of that is with Kickstarter because real money was involved, I'm all for making a start on changing that by adding some of the less divisive retired items to the achievement shop.
The achievement shop definitely could do with some more interesting options for exchanging achievement tokens, besides the genes I was able to buy everything with the initial tokens I got at the achievement release, the recent addition of umbrellas only cost 450 total and I'm sitting at 2k tokens atm so it really doesn't feel like I'll ever have to worry about running out, unless they add something worth buying many copies of, liiike a limited breed scroll?

I don't know about KS items though, that may be shooting a bit high.
There are other retired items that could be added to the shop, such as the familiars that were introduced alongside some of the ancient breeds, the Dripcave Deputy, Willowmane Deerling and the Sandskink are all technically retired, the reason no one makes a stink about them is because players made tons, enough to keep the AH stocked and prices reasonable.
We also have retired downtime items (see comments on Speedy for full list) that were literally just given to every single account at the time, I wasn't even active when some of them were given out I just had them when I started playing again.
Those items do rarely show up in Roundsey but a reliable way to work towards them would be great for people that joined too late to get them for free.

Realistically I don't think new copies of Kickstarter items are gonna become available in any way ever, festival items from the first 3 years weren't even added to Joxar's Spare Inventory (besides the bears, but that's only because they were in Strange Chests) when the whole point of that was to make festival items non-retired.
There seems to be a very strong commitment to honoring the exclusivity of retired items and the only times I remember seeing players in support of that is with Kickstarter because real money was involved, I'm all for making a start on changing that by adding some of the less divisive retired items to the achievement shop.
i really don't think they would do this, but i wouldn't be opposed to it. i think i'm in the minority here where i kind of would prefer KS items stay retired but i also don't feel so strongly about it that i particularly want to argue about it or would throw a fit if they were un-retired (i'm not a backer anyway, so it wouldn't affect me). i do think that 1k/2k points is too low of a threshold for what (in my opinion) should remain high-value items; increase the price by a few thousand points and i think this is fine.
i really don't think they would do this, but i wouldn't be opposed to it. i think i'm in the minority here where i kind of would prefer KS items stay retired but i also don't feel so strongly about it that i particularly want to argue about it or would throw a fit if they were un-retired (i'm not a backer anyway, so it wouldn't affect me). i do think that 1k/2k points is too low of a threshold for what (in my opinion) should remain high-value items; increase the price by a few thousand points and i think this is fine.
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
I wish I had the gal some people have lmao. No support for obvious reasons
I wish I had the gal some people have lmao. No support for obvious reasons
sBdLZtA.png
I support this because I would like to have access to some KS items, but like... Well, I don't think it's a realistic suggestion.

I mean, some people say that there is no legally binding contract related to KS, but... I dunno if that is really true? It probably depends on the wording of the KS itself? If the KS page advertised the items as exclusive, then that's probably legally binding. OTOH, if the KS page just advertised the items as "KS Bonuses", then it's probably something they could re-release.

Also, there is also the fact that the devs probably want to keep those old players happy, and while the people who bother with talking on forums will probably almost always support this kind of suggestion, that doesn't mean that the backers who never bother with looking at the suggestion forums feel the same... The devs probably don't wanna annoy those people who won't voice their thoughts until something they dislike happens.

Also worth note is that there are probably grounds for a lawsuit if something like this is done... Sure, the devs would probably win it, but having a lawsuit in itself means that the devs would lose time and money fighting it on court until they win. It would be a huge stressful ordeal and would cost them a lot regardless of the result, so... Devs probably don't wanna deal with this mess.

So... Overall, I just don't see it happening. It seems much easier, from a development standpoint, to just ignore the existence of the demand for KS items at all and move along while focusing on other things. It's simply safer and much less of a headache for them.

Granted, I'd be happy with having a Boolean and some Imp g1s, but... Well, I can make do with not having those thingies~
I support this because I would like to have access to some KS items, but like... Well, I don't think it's a realistic suggestion.

I mean, some people say that there is no legally binding contract related to KS, but... I dunno if that is really true? It probably depends on the wording of the KS itself? If the KS page advertised the items as exclusive, then that's probably legally binding. OTOH, if the KS page just advertised the items as "KS Bonuses", then it's probably something they could re-release.

Also, there is also the fact that the devs probably want to keep those old players happy, and while the people who bother with talking on forums will probably almost always support this kind of suggestion, that doesn't mean that the backers who never bother with looking at the suggestion forums feel the same... The devs probably don't wanna annoy those people who won't voice their thoughts until something they dislike happens.

Also worth note is that there are probably grounds for a lawsuit if something like this is done... Sure, the devs would probably win it, but having a lawsuit in itself means that the devs would lose time and money fighting it on court until they win. It would be a huge stressful ordeal and would cost them a lot regardless of the result, so... Devs probably don't wanna deal with this mess.

So... Overall, I just don't see it happening. It seems much easier, from a development standpoint, to just ignore the existence of the demand for KS items at all and move along while focusing on other things. It's simply safer and much less of a headache for them.

Granted, I'd be happy with having a Boolean and some Imp g1s, but... Well, I can make do with not having those thingies~
Do you have too many excess hibden items? Join the Hibernal Den gifting thread and help less fortunate people out! And get helped out too in the process!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18