Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | One "auto-trade" at Swipp's
The Suggestion: a way to set up a single, one-time "auto trade" at Swipp's.

I imagined this being a sort of deposit box where a player could put in all of the required items for a single trade (including 1-2kt if desired), and when that trade comes up, it automatically performs the swap for that player. I saw a suggestion in another thread where a dragon could be stationed to do auto digging at Arlo's - I think that would be super cute here! A dragon posts out at Swipp's (midnight release style) for the player to trade for one item for them.

To be clear: this suggestion is for a player to put in the items for ONE trade, that would automatically happen ONCE. Perhaps it could even be put on a cool down, like dragon restoration - one free auto trade a month.

The Why: When I started FR, I was a teenager with many, many free hours of time in a day. Now, as an adult with a full-time job - just like many other long-time players - I don't have the flexibility or time to be able to log in every two hours to complete my last few Swipp's trades. I've been sitting on some items for months/years that I just can't swap because my availability doesn't allow for it.

I understand there's a pinglist for particular Swipp trades, which does help, but I've often found myself coming back to those pings 4-6 hours later - rendering them useless to me.

The Why Nots: Some people may feel that this cheapens or makes Swipp too easy, which could have economic ramifications. Personally, I think putting a reasonable cooldown (15-45 days) would minimize this negative outcome while still allowing more flexibility for players with different lifestyles and life circumstances.

Some folks may also believe that the pinglist for Swipp nullifies the need for this feature, but I disagree. The way pinglists have been updated makes Swipp trading pings much more difficult to do on a large scale, and again, people miss pings.

I'll add more why's/why not's if folks comment them :)

Thanks for reading!
The Suggestion: a way to set up a single, one-time "auto trade" at Swipp's.

I imagined this being a sort of deposit box where a player could put in all of the required items for a single trade (including 1-2kt if desired), and when that trade comes up, it automatically performs the swap for that player. I saw a suggestion in another thread where a dragon could be stationed to do auto digging at Arlo's - I think that would be super cute here! A dragon posts out at Swipp's (midnight release style) for the player to trade for one item for them.

To be clear: this suggestion is for a player to put in the items for ONE trade, that would automatically happen ONCE. Perhaps it could even be put on a cool down, like dragon restoration - one free auto trade a month.

The Why: When I started FR, I was a teenager with many, many free hours of time in a day. Now, as an adult with a full-time job - just like many other long-time players - I don't have the flexibility or time to be able to log in every two hours to complete my last few Swipp's trades. I've been sitting on some items for months/years that I just can't swap because my availability doesn't allow for it.

I understand there's a pinglist for particular Swipp trades, which does help, but I've often found myself coming back to those pings 4-6 hours later - rendering them useless to me.

The Why Nots: Some people may feel that this cheapens or makes Swipp too easy, which could have economic ramifications. Personally, I think putting a reasonable cooldown (15-45 days) would minimize this negative outcome while still allowing more flexibility for players with different lifestyles and life circumstances.

Some folks may also believe that the pinglist for Swipp nullifies the need for this feature, but I disagree. The way pinglists have been updated makes Swipp trading pings much more difficult to do on a large scale, and again, people miss pings.

I'll add more why's/why not's if folks comment them :)

Thanks for reading!
apollo | he/him | if you can be anything, be good |

f5f283fd2f92db09279a6eb8c561a7faab165ceb.gif
This sounds really handy, without being overpowered, support!
This sounds really handy, without being overpowered, support!
This sounds like an interesting idea. Essentially prepaying for a trade with items and a 2k treasure fee. Support. I can imagine using this for genes mostly since the pool is so large
This sounds like an interesting idea. Essentially prepaying for a trade with items and a 2k treasure fee. Support. I can imagine using this for genes mostly since the pool is so large
sBdLZtA.png
Honestly, this would be super useful without being OP. A cooldown is a good idea, to prevent abuse. Plus a 2k fee no matter which trade it would end up being. Support!
Honestly, this would be super useful without being OP. A cooldown is a good idea, to prevent abuse. Plus a 2k fee no matter which trade it would end up being. Support!
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
As I understand "whynot" it is not about hypotetycal game economy it is about real devs economy. They need force players reloads pages often.
Thus maybe there could be some middle ground? When you "accumulate" your right to request auto-trade with every visiting Swip page?

Like if you checked it like 10/50/100 (set right number) then you'll get option request auto-trade?

Addition idea - set auto pings. Thus you still need visit Swip to trade, but you know when it is really for your desired item
As I understand "whynot" it is not about hypotetycal game economy it is about real devs economy. They need force players reloads pages often.
Thus maybe there could be some middle ground? When you "accumulate" your right to request auto-trade with every visiting Swip page?

Like if you checked it like 10/50/100 (set right number) then you'll get option request auto-trade?

Addition idea - set auto pings. Thus you still need visit Swip to trade, but you know when it is really for your desired item

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
[quote name="Alkhor" date="2024-01-06 22:58:09" ] As I understand "whynot" it is not about hypotetycal game economy it is about real devs economy. They need force players reloads pages often. Thus maybe there could be some middle ground? When you "accumulate" your right to request auto-trade with every visiting Swip page? Like if you checked it like 10/50/100 (set right number) then you'll get option request auto-trade? [/quote] To be honest, I don't think we should base any suggestions off of potential lost ad revenue. Only the devs have access to that kind of information, so there's no way any player would be able to accurately guess how much (or how little) of an impact this feature would have on the dev's income. I don't imagine it would have much of an impact, as players would still be checking Swipp for other trades, but there's no way to know for sure without FR's bank statements, lol. Secondly, I think setting this feature behind checking Swipp a certain amount of times only serves to hurt the players the feature is supposed to be built for. If we assume players have to check Swipp once every "cycle" of two hours to earn an auto-trade, then people who have more free time to check Swipp - and therefore are not the target audience of this feature - would gain auto-trades much quicker than a player who cannot check Swipp as often. I think the cooldown will be enough to keep players coming to Swipp, and therefore, FR. No need for additional hoops when the player has to actually have the items to trade anyways.
Alkhor wrote on 2024-01-06 22:58:09:

To be honest, I don't think we should base any suggestions off of potential lost ad revenue. Only the devs have access to that kind of information, so there's no way any player would be able to accurately guess how much (or how little) of an impact this feature would have on the dev's income. I don't imagine it would have much of an impact, as players would still be checking Swipp for other trades, but there's no way to know for sure without FR's bank statements, lol.

Secondly, I think setting this feature behind checking Swipp a certain amount of times only serves to hurt the players the feature is supposed to be built for. If we assume players have to check Swipp once every "cycle" of two hours to earn an auto-trade, then people who have more free time to check Swipp - and therefore are not the target audience of this feature - would gain auto-trades much quicker than a player who cannot check Swipp as often. I think the cooldown will be enough to keep players coming to Swipp, and therefore, FR. No need for additional hoops when the player has to actually have the items to trade anyways.
apollo | he/him | if you can be anything, be good |

f5f283fd2f92db09279a6eb8c561a7faab165ceb.gif
Support! What I would really like is for the timer cycling system to be removed from Swipp entirely, and for it to be more like Baldwin or the GE shops, but this feels like a good middle ground, facilitating more use of the system without changing the function of it too much.
Support! What I would really like is for the timer cycling system to be removed from Swipp entirely, and for it to be more like Baldwin or the GE shops, but this feels like a good middle ground, facilitating more use of the system without changing the function of it too much.
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
I think there's another enormous upside to this idea- it lets Swipp's catalogue get bigger without worrying about odds of any one thing getting a spotlight. I remember there was one gene- possibly Veil Branches?- that didn't show up at all for a week after release, even for those with the time to refresh on the two hour marks. This suggestion would alleviate that, and maybe let Tripp go flying with her buddies sometimes (I feel bad for her, even though she's just pixels).

You know, I actually really like the idea of this being a mail-order catalogue type thing- send in the items, a backend timer starts, you get the item traded for in three to five business days. Big "save the cereal box tops" energy. With a delay of that magnitude, it wouldn't really matter how many things you sent in for at once, since it'd be a minute until you got them back, and maybe there would be "postage" involved too? Like, 5kt per order or something. The available trades would then be more like window shopping- save money if you catch the thing you're looking for, otherwise just be patient and it'll get here when it gets here. And, who doesn't like getting things in the mail?
I think there's another enormous upside to this idea- it lets Swipp's catalogue get bigger without worrying about odds of any one thing getting a spotlight. I remember there was one gene- possibly Veil Branches?- that didn't show up at all for a week after release, even for those with the time to refresh on the two hour marks. This suggestion would alleviate that, and maybe let Tripp go flying with her buddies sometimes (I feel bad for her, even though she's just pixels).

You know, I actually really like the idea of this being a mail-order catalogue type thing- send in the items, a backend timer starts, you get the item traded for in three to five business days. Big "save the cereal box tops" energy. With a delay of that magnitude, it wouldn't really matter how many things you sent in for at once, since it'd be a minute until you got them back, and maybe there would be "postage" involved too? Like, 5kt per order or something. The available trades would then be more like window shopping- save money if you catch the thing you're looking for, otherwise just be patient and it'll get here when it gets here. And, who doesn't like getting things in the mail?
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

Support! I really like this idea as someone that often forgets about Swipp's completely. It could also be a potential treasure sink, perhaps an extra 'convenience' fee could be added onto the feature. And the cooldown idea would also help minimize the impact this would have on general economy health.
Support! I really like this idea as someone that often forgets about Swipp's completely. It could also be a potential treasure sink, perhaps an extra 'convenience' fee could be added onto the feature. And the cooldown idea would also help minimize the impact this would have on general economy health.
The main problem I see with this is server bloat since each trade would need to query the players to see who is waiting to auto trade it. It wouldn't be much stress, but it feels needless imo

A better way I think would be if once a month/week, or more often for a bit of treasure or gems, you could choose a trade to do once or twice, or maybe for an increasing price. Eg. you pay 3kt for the first trade, then 4kt for the next, then 5kt... For players who really want that item, they can do the trade for a price, and those who don't want to can wait for it to popup naturally. They could even add another dragon for this trade named Skipp or something

The prices I gave are just examples and would likely need to be higher tbh, or could be based on the item/trade rarity you want
The main problem I see with this is server bloat since each trade would need to query the players to see who is waiting to auto trade it. It wouldn't be much stress, but it feels needless imo

A better way I think would be if once a month/week, or more often for a bit of treasure or gems, you could choose a trade to do once or twice, or maybe for an increasing price. Eg. you pay 3kt for the first trade, then 4kt for the next, then 5kt... For players who really want that item, they can do the trade for a price, and those who don't want to can wait for it to popup naturally. They could even add another dragon for this trade named Skipp or something

The prices I gave are just examples and would likely need to be higher tbh, or could be based on the item/trade rarity you want
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)