Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | NOTN “Currency” Suggestion
1 2
I did a quick scan of other form topics about NOTN and didn’t see this suggestion, so I apologize if it’s been shared before! At the end of the event I had…

209 mirrors and
128 crystal balls,

Which seems a bit ridiculous considering I only had seventeen puppets and twelve bee orchids. I could pull a few more numbers out but I find recording every amount is unnecessary with this. My idea is if next NOTN there was a way to trade any of these items in a 2:1 ratio to get another said item. I believe it would help players a lot with getting those last two items they need for a chest while simultaneously sitting on over a stack of the same item almost the entirety of NOTN. Thoughts?
I did a quick scan of other form topics about NOTN and didn’t see this suggestion, so I apologize if it’s been shared before! At the end of the event I had…

209 mirrors and
128 crystal balls,

Which seems a bit ridiculous considering I only had seventeen puppets and twelve bee orchids. I could pull a few more numbers out but I find recording every amount is unnecessary with this. My idea is if next NOTN there was a way to trade any of these items in a 2:1 ratio to get another said item. I believe it would help players a lot with getting those last two items they need for a chest while simultaneously sitting on over a stack of the same item almost the entirety of NOTN. Thoughts?
E1440-DEA-2026-430-B-894-D-33-CBDB77-F505.gif • She/Her FR +3
Wishlist
Cartacombs • Art Shop
TfeviN2.png
H2jRHgT.png
cEq7B1S.png
I'm not sure I support this. Players can already trade on the forums, or can use the AH to buy and sell what they need, so I don't see this being something that should be added
I'm not sure I support this. Players can already trade on the forums, or can use the AH to buy and sell what they need, so I don't see this being something that should be added
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
What Mohenjo said is correct, you are better off trading with your fellow players.
What Mohenjo said is correct, you are better off trading with your fellow players.
I actually don't think this is an inherently bad idea, though I'm not sure on the 2:1 trade? Like, the obvious problem is the trades being imbalanced, but if there was a way to trade trinkets for food in a way that didn't invalidate exploring different venues, I'd be for that!

A lot of players on here don't like interacting with others- and that playstyle should be supported, just as much as the one of players who do have social spoons! Also yeah... 200 excess items of certain kinds is... Rather a lot
I actually don't think this is an inherently bad idea, though I'm not sure on the 2:1 trade? Like, the obvious problem is the trades being imbalanced, but if there was a way to trade trinkets for food in a way that didn't invalidate exploring different venues, I'd be for that!

A lot of players on here don't like interacting with others- and that playstyle should be supported, just as much as the one of players who do have social spoons! Also yeah... 200 excess items of certain kinds is... Rather a lot
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

I'd love to have gotten a similar amount of trinkets to food items just to buy more chests. And I don't want to have to trade with others after bonding with 1000+ familiars and doing tye coli. Just make tye drops more balanced
I'd love to have gotten a similar amount of trinkets to food items just to buy more chests. And I don't want to have to trade with others after bonding with 1000+ familiars and doing tye coli. Just make tye drops more balanced
2dMJezN.pngqIEuPPv.png
The ratios really need to be adjusted, in my opinion. I have pages of stacks of trinkets, especially Mirrors, but my NotN food quantities are all in the single digits. It's the result of how the Higgins trades are set up: as far as I'm aware, there is no reason for the trades be so unbalanced, requiring more food than trinkets for each chest.

As to trading with other players, I offered trades at a 4:1 (or PWYW) ratio for Mirrors to literally any food item. Understandably, nobody took me up; other players did not need Mirrors, either. Not saying this is necessarily a universal experience, but it's illustrative nonetheless.
The ratios really need to be adjusted, in my opinion. I have pages of stacks of trinkets, especially Mirrors, but my NotN food quantities are all in the single digits. It's the result of how the Higgins trades are set up: as far as I'm aware, there is no reason for the trades be so unbalanced, requiring more food than trinkets for each chest.

As to trading with other players, I offered trades at a 4:1 (or PWYW) ratio for Mirrors to literally any food item. Understandably, nobody took me up; other players did not need Mirrors, either. Not saying this is necessarily a universal experience, but it's illustrative nonetheless.
iuEBSJ3.png
Fnrx3wS.png
gYW0j5f.png
ARAxlYW.png
Ravi-Resized.png
In the first place question what for use multiple currencies? Why do not replace them all with only one (like elemental fests do)?

And if devs do it porposelly to force players grind more if they in definitely of one currency. Then alas all our threads about rebalance and swap them pointless.
In the first place question what for use multiple currencies? Why do not replace them all with only one (like elemental fests do)?

And if devs do it porposelly to force players grind more if they in definitely of one currency. Then alas all our threads about rebalance and swap them pointless.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
Support. Yes forums exist but not all players want to use them and they shouldn't be penalised for that. 4:1 seems like a good ratio.
Support. Yes forums exist but not all players want to use them and they shouldn't be penalised for that. 4:1 seems like a good ratio.
Support.

A site supported way to swap out NotN items is a great idea. Every year I am swamped with NotN food and I never have enough trinkets to empty my inventory. I swear every year I try to spend cuckoos and end up with two more stacks than I started with.

I wouldn't support a ratio higher than 2:1, and I think that you should be able to trade in any item for any other item. Not only will that help players who don't want to deal with forums and crossroads, but it will probably offload some of the pressure on the site bc more items leaving/being spent is a good thing (and NotN already makes the site chug with everyone so busy).
Support.

A site supported way to swap out NotN items is a great idea. Every year I am swamped with NotN food and I never have enough trinkets to empty my inventory. I swear every year I try to spend cuckoos and end up with two more stacks than I started with.

I wouldn't support a ratio higher than 2:1, and I think that you should be able to trade in any item for any other item. Not only will that help players who don't want to deal with forums and crossroads, but it will probably offload some of the pressure on the site bc more items leaving/being spent is a good thing (and NotN already makes the site chug with everyone so busy).
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
Support.

Could be implemented though Baldwin's Brew, since we can already do this with materials.
Support.

Could be implemented though Baldwin's Brew, since we can already do this with materials.
1 2