Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Add KS Items to the Achievement Shop
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
Basically what it says on the tin. Add the KS items as high-price prize items to the Acclaimed Achievements Association.

This suggestion is born of two needs.

1) The Achievement shop needs some desirable high-priced items. Not only does this give long-term players who have saved their points something extremely worthwhile to spend it on, it gives the other lower-priced items additional value (by making them less likely to be bought and therefore scarcer) and also encourages player to continue to gathering Achievement points via Pursuits, which in turn increases player retention, ad revenue, etc.

2) I personally believe the KS items should be added back into circulation in some small manner. Roundsey currently does not generate new KS items; those items are donated by friends and family of the Devs and are therefore subject to limitation. Placing them in the Achievement shop is ideal because it prevents any direct impact to the gem/treasure ratio that placing them in one of the Marketplaces would as well as limiting the amount that can be generated to essentially 1 item per player per *insert number* of years.

Prices would be up to the Devs of course. For the record, my preferred proposal prices would be somewhere in the range of 1k points for the Vista/apparel/familiars and 2k points for Imp Scrolls. This is based on how long it's taken me, a casual player who has played consistently since 2013 and had a considerable amount of back progress on achievements saved up when they launched, to reach those point thresholds.

"But wouldn't this be against Kickstarter's Terms Of Service?!" Nope. This is common misinformation. Kickstarter's TOS only dictate that a project fulfill their promised rewards. As in, they cannot simply take everybody's KS money, open the site and then not give out the rewards. There is nothing in the Kickstarter TOS that dictates a site must keep their KS tier rewards exclusive in any manner and in fact many sites have later offered KS prizes through other means of gameplay.

"But wouldn't this be going back on their 'Promise'?" Perhaps, but 1) I don't believe the Devs should be held to any arbitrary promise, particularly one made in the early days of the site and one that particularly may be ultimately harming the website (ex. black market/real money trading as well as hacking accounts for KS items is a big concern) and 2) in that vein the Devs have technically gone back on other promises already because, as mentioned, it was ultimately harmful to the website or not in line with their current vision (ie. fest items perma-retiring, Eye vials, etc.).

"Wouldn't this make KS items too easy to get?" Maybe, in that there will be new KS items generated instead of the dwindling supply we have now, but not really in terms of how many Achievement points they'd likely ultimately cost to get and how limited that supply would therefore be.

"Wouldn't this be a slap in the face to the KS supporters?" I can't say for certain; I own a couple of KS items but I didn't get to participate in the Kickstarter proper. But I can't imagine why it wouldn't be a plus for KS backers to have a chance to get more KS items, including either ones they themselves missed out on or would perhaps like more of. Each KS backer only got 1 of each item (or in the case of Imp scrolls, 2 each) and that was it. If you wanted more than 1 Hornhelm for your lair or only got the Skycat fam but wanted the Golden Idol, you're just as out of luck as the rest of us.

Ultimately, I just think that long-term players of FR should be rewarded for helping to continue to support FR. While the KS backers were incredibly important in getting the site off the ground, the long-term players (the ones who are likely to rack up the amount of Achievement points that would be needed to purchase these items) have been just as important in "keeping the lights" on for 10 years and counting and I think they should be rewarded too.
Basically what it says on the tin. Add the KS items as high-price prize items to the Acclaimed Achievements Association.

This suggestion is born of two needs.

1) The Achievement shop needs some desirable high-priced items. Not only does this give long-term players who have saved their points something extremely worthwhile to spend it on, it gives the other lower-priced items additional value (by making them less likely to be bought and therefore scarcer) and also encourages player to continue to gathering Achievement points via Pursuits, which in turn increases player retention, ad revenue, etc.

2) I personally believe the KS items should be added back into circulation in some small manner. Roundsey currently does not generate new KS items; those items are donated by friends and family of the Devs and are therefore subject to limitation. Placing them in the Achievement shop is ideal because it prevents any direct impact to the gem/treasure ratio that placing them in one of the Marketplaces would as well as limiting the amount that can be generated to essentially 1 item per player per *insert number* of years.

Prices would be up to the Devs of course. For the record, my preferred proposal prices would be somewhere in the range of 1k points for the Vista/apparel/familiars and 2k points for Imp Scrolls. This is based on how long it's taken me, a casual player who has played consistently since 2013 and had a considerable amount of back progress on achievements saved up when they launched, to reach those point thresholds.

"But wouldn't this be against Kickstarter's Terms Of Service?!" Nope. This is common misinformation. Kickstarter's TOS only dictate that a project fulfill their promised rewards. As in, they cannot simply take everybody's KS money, open the site and then not give out the rewards. There is nothing in the Kickstarter TOS that dictates a site must keep their KS tier rewards exclusive in any manner and in fact many sites have later offered KS prizes through other means of gameplay.

"But wouldn't this be going back on their 'Promise'?" Perhaps, but 1) I don't believe the Devs should be held to any arbitrary promise, particularly one made in the early days of the site and one that particularly may be ultimately harming the website (ex. black market/real money trading as well as hacking accounts for KS items is a big concern) and 2) in that vein the Devs have technically gone back on other promises already because, as mentioned, it was ultimately harmful to the website or not in line with their current vision (ie. fest items perma-retiring, Eye vials, etc.).

"Wouldn't this make KS items too easy to get?" Maybe, in that there will be new KS items generated instead of the dwindling supply we have now, but not really in terms of how many Achievement points they'd likely ultimately cost to get and how limited that supply would therefore be.

"Wouldn't this be a slap in the face to the KS supporters?" I can't say for certain; I own a couple of KS items but I didn't get to participate in the Kickstarter proper. But I can't imagine why it wouldn't be a plus for KS backers to have a chance to get more KS items, including either ones they themselves missed out on or would perhaps like more of. Each KS backer only got 1 of each item (or in the case of Imp scrolls, 2 each) and that was it. If you wanted more than 1 Hornhelm for your lair or only got the Skycat fam but wanted the Golden Idol, you're just as out of luck as the rest of us.

Ultimately, I just think that long-term players of FR should be rewarded for helping to continue to support FR. While the KS backers were incredibly important in getting the site off the ground, the long-term players (the ones who are likely to rack up the amount of Achievement points that would be needed to purchase these items) have been just as important in "keeping the lights" on for 10 years and counting and I think they should be rewarded too.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
These points threshold need to be raised, because any average joe can get an Imperial scroll at 2000. [img]https://i.imgur.com/VYyZ6Du.png[/img] I barely bother with achievements, and I have this many points. So, no support. Make a new modern breed for the achievement system instead.
These points threshold need to be raised, because any average joe can get an Imperial scroll at 2000.

VYyZ6Du.png

I barely bother with achievements, and I have this many points.

So, no support. Make a new modern breed for the achievement system instead.
As a KS backer I am always going to support reasonable sounding KS release suggestions :) Its a lot of points, they can make the cap higher than the suggestion if flooding the market is a concern. If the site would be healthier for it then it should be done. Regarding the "Slap in the face to supporters" argument, again, I am a KS backer, and I hate when people trot this out for their no support. Fine if you say No Support, but please stop using this specific reason*. It is not a slap to the face. I do not think that the devs should be [emoji=star size=1]~forever indebted to meeee~[emoji=star size=1] just because I shelled out $40 or whatever it was 10+ years ago. I have received WELL OVER $40 worth of value from this game. [size=2]*Now, if you are ALSO a KS backer you are entitled to your own feelings about this, but not a backer? Stop.[/size] Otherwise I think all of your other points summed up my feelings ^^ (Edited to fix some formatting :B)
As a KS backer I am always going to support reasonable sounding KS release suggestions :) Its a lot of points, they can make the cap higher than the suggestion if flooding the market is a concern. If the site would be healthier for it then it should be done.

Regarding the "Slap in the face to supporters" argument, again, I am a KS backer, and I hate when people trot this out for their no support. Fine if you say No Support, but please stop using this specific reason*. It is not a slap to the face. I do not think that the devs should be ~forever indebted to meeee~ just because I shelled out $40 or whatever it was 10+ years ago. I have received WELL OVER $40 worth of value from this game.

*Now, if you are ALSO a KS backer you are entitled to your own feelings about this, but not a backer? Stop.

Otherwise I think all of your other points summed up my feelings ^^

(Edited to fix some formatting :B)
UEKFohX.png
No support

While the price you gave is far too low (I haven't tried doing any achievements and have well over 1k points), it can be changed. But that isn't why I don't support this. I just think games can have retired items, and a game having retired items doesn't make it bad or wrong

This idea would keep all players from getting it on paper, but plenty of players would get multiple, and you would end up with it basically being a Galore gift situation. I think this would be somewhat similar to when the devs gave everyone Eliminate for free: The market tanked. It went from 600g+ to 100g in a day. Of course this would be spread out over time, so it wouldn't be that drastic, but new players joining just adds more to the game

(I will note that while I had a big hand driving Elim prices to that 600g+ price, I am very glad the devs gave out Elim and tanked the price since that is a very important gameplay item which KS items are not)

I have come around to Roundsey adding KS items. That is very limited, and I think all players who worried about Roundsey hurting the market for items will agree it did nowhere near what was expected. Maybe this suggestion also wouldn't hurt as much, but I doubt it since Roundsey would add maybe 10 whereas players would add 100s if not 1,000s

TL;DR - I'm not opposed to KS items having a limited number added to the market, but I am against adding ways that can add enough to tank the market harder than the Elim gift did
No support

While the price you gave is far too low (I haven't tried doing any achievements and have well over 1k points), it can be changed. But that isn't why I don't support this. I just think games can have retired items, and a game having retired items doesn't make it bad or wrong

This idea would keep all players from getting it on paper, but plenty of players would get multiple, and you would end up with it basically being a Galore gift situation. I think this would be somewhat similar to when the devs gave everyone Eliminate for free: The market tanked. It went from 600g+ to 100g in a day. Of course this would be spread out over time, so it wouldn't be that drastic, but new players joining just adds more to the game

(I will note that while I had a big hand driving Elim prices to that 600g+ price, I am very glad the devs gave out Elim and tanked the price since that is a very important gameplay item which KS items are not)

I have come around to Roundsey adding KS items. That is very limited, and I think all players who worried about Roundsey hurting the market for items will agree it did nowhere near what was expected. Maybe this suggestion also wouldn't hurt as much, but I doubt it since Roundsey would add maybe 10 whereas players would add 100s if not 1,000s

TL;DR - I'm not opposed to KS items having a limited number added to the market, but I am against adding ways that can add enough to tank the market harder than the Elim gift did
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
I'd love if they did this.
Achievement points require a pretty reasonable time investment to accumulate. Many of us have a huge pile of them right now because we've been here for years already (and our years of activity in many categories were accounted for in the new system), but newer users can also eventually earn that as well if they put in the same time.

and yeah, 2000 is probably too low, but the amount is only a suggestion - the gamerunners would choose what they feel is the best balanced amount based on overall total point accumulation, completion time estimates, and etc.

I think the Achievements shop is one of the most reasonable suggestions I've seen for KS re-release.
I'd love if they did this.
Achievement points require a pretty reasonable time investment to accumulate. Many of us have a huge pile of them right now because we've been here for years already (and our years of activity in many categories were accounted for in the new system), but newer users can also eventually earn that as well if they put in the same time.

and yeah, 2000 is probably too low, but the amount is only a suggestion - the gamerunners would choose what they feel is the best balanced amount based on overall total point accumulation, completion time estimates, and etc.

I think the Achievements shop is one of the most reasonable suggestions I've seen for KS re-release.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
This is more confusion than support or no support. Staff already have a way of generating more in a controlled manner if they wanted to - Roundsey. There is no technical limitation requiring that the items be donated, it's just what they've decided to do.

If you want new KS items to be generated, staff need to be persuaded to do that in the first place. You can throw all the mechanics at the wall you want, but none of them are gonna stick until you find a reason convincing enough for staff to generate them in the first place.

(Also, OP has mixed up the legal concerns. It's nothing to do with KS specifically, it's standard US law regarding contracts. KS backers exchanged money for specific criteria, which constitutes a legally binding contract. Contract terms can be changed, but that's supposed to happen in agreement with all contract holders. Could FR get away with changing it? Yeah, pretty much guaranteed. But staff don't seem to have any inclination to do so)
This is more confusion than support or no support. Staff already have a way of generating more in a controlled manner if they wanted to - Roundsey. There is no technical limitation requiring that the items be donated, it's just what they've decided to do.

If you want new KS items to be generated, staff need to be persuaded to do that in the first place. You can throw all the mechanics at the wall you want, but none of them are gonna stick until you find a reason convincing enough for staff to generate them in the first place.

(Also, OP has mixed up the legal concerns. It's nothing to do with KS specifically, it's standard US law regarding contracts. KS backers exchanged money for specific criteria, which constitutes a legally binding contract. Contract terms can be changed, but that's supposed to happen in agreement with all contract holders. Could FR get away with changing it? Yeah, pretty much guaranteed. But staff don't seem to have any inclination to do so)
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
To be quite honest, there isn't a real market to tank so I'm not sure why that is a concern. Everytime a suggestion brings up recirculating a very old item, people get upset about 'the market' and I get it! I care about the in-game economy!
But there are SO FEW KS items that people are even WILLING to sell that the market basically does not exist. There isn't a market to tank in the first place, especially considering 99% of players will never even be able to breathe near this market. There are times were the economy matters, but this is such an incredibly niche market that pretty much everyone without either lots of money irl or a way to make far more money than most players in game (artist etc) decides that they're just gonna pretend the KS items don't exist. These items are so rare and pricey, that most people simply are going to want to never sell them and that pool of sellers will eventually dry up entirely. (There's only two KS items on the AH as of posting).
Never scry Imperials, never use them in outfit scries, everyone considers a bestiary done when you don't have the KS fams.

That said.... I'm ambivalent on this suggestion. If it can be done without any legal repercussion, then this would be my favoured way of reintroducing these items. But I understand, although somewhat begrudgingly, why staff might not consider any way of generating more of these items.
Imperials are obviously an exception, the breed itself is kickstarter exclusive so I unfortunately don't believe there's a way to introduce them that doesn't potentially contain legal ramifications for the staff. I wish there was, but I don't think it's wise on their part which is very, very sad.
To be quite honest, there isn't a real market to tank so I'm not sure why that is a concern. Everytime a suggestion brings up recirculating a very old item, people get upset about 'the market' and I get it! I care about the in-game economy!
But there are SO FEW KS items that people are even WILLING to sell that the market basically does not exist. There isn't a market to tank in the first place, especially considering 99% of players will never even be able to breathe near this market. There are times were the economy matters, but this is such an incredibly niche market that pretty much everyone without either lots of money irl or a way to make far more money than most players in game (artist etc) decides that they're just gonna pretend the KS items don't exist. These items are so rare and pricey, that most people simply are going to want to never sell them and that pool of sellers will eventually dry up entirely. (There's only two KS items on the AH as of posting).
Never scry Imperials, never use them in outfit scries, everyone considers a bestiary done when you don't have the KS fams.

That said.... I'm ambivalent on this suggestion. If it can be done without any legal repercussion, then this would be my favoured way of reintroducing these items. But I understand, although somewhat begrudgingly, why staff might not consider any way of generating more of these items.
Imperials are obviously an exception, the breed itself is kickstarter exclusive so I unfortunately don't believe there's a way to introduce them that doesn't potentially contain legal ramifications for the staff. I wish there was, but I don't think it's wise on their part which is very, very sad.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
Support for the fact that I’ve been seeing the direct result of Neopets making ridiculously expensive items available to Everyone via their advent calendar (Items that were 10,000,000 neopoints Or More) and the only people who were upset by it were people who had been holding onto these things exclusively to resell them in the future. Everyone else was overjoyed. Being able to reintroduce these items at a high, but ultimately achievable price would turn alot of peoples dreams for this dragon website into something that wont take an eternity.
My only concern about this is the legality of it. Even if the devs technically haven’t promised anywhere theyd never do something like this, if their kickstarter states these items will be exclusive to the ks and ks alone, I’m pretty sure that’d make rereleasing them in game sooomewhat illegal.
Another option would be to do something Joxar related with adding in recolors of the ks items or if you wanna talk about gen 1 imps, imp eggs could always be introduced.
Basically, the only harm that would come from reintroducing items held as status symbols is the made up value of people who want to profit off it in the future. And like said before, if stuff like this is causing people to trade these things for real world money, especially for several thousand real world dollars, I feel like that’s something that needs a different way to be handled. None of that money would even wind up in Flight Risings hands.
Support for the fact that I’ve been seeing the direct result of Neopets making ridiculously expensive items available to Everyone via their advent calendar (Items that were 10,000,000 neopoints Or More) and the only people who were upset by it were people who had been holding onto these things exclusively to resell them in the future. Everyone else was overjoyed. Being able to reintroduce these items at a high, but ultimately achievable price would turn alot of peoples dreams for this dragon website into something that wont take an eternity.
My only concern about this is the legality of it. Even if the devs technically haven’t promised anywhere theyd never do something like this, if their kickstarter states these items will be exclusive to the ks and ks alone, I’m pretty sure that’d make rereleasing them in game sooomewhat illegal.
Another option would be to do something Joxar related with adding in recolors of the ks items or if you wanna talk about gen 1 imps, imp eggs could always be introduced.
Basically, the only harm that would come from reintroducing items held as status symbols is the made up value of people who want to profit off it in the future. And like said before, if stuff like this is causing people to trade these things for real world money, especially for several thousand real world dollars, I feel like that’s something that needs a different way to be handled. None of that money would even wind up in Flight Risings hands.
ZTnIVNJ.gif FbAeDb0.gif
I'm not going to really add my opinion on KS rerelease here because I think I have made well more than enough comments stating my opinion on this. However, I will say that I do like the idea of this since it is involving more than just "gimme free KS items". Not that this is the intention of others who have suggested similar, just that this comes off as still wanting something significantly challenging to work toward while also giving something worthwhile. Although... I think upwards of 15k+ points would be more akin to the lower impact that would probably be ideal. Achievable but still rather hard to get (and time consuming). With daily, weekly, and monthly achievements, even this might be too low. In any case, that's all I really want to say on the matter. [quote name="Kumatora" date="2024-01-01 09:49:20" ] Another option would be to do something Joxar related with adding in recolors of the ks items or if you wanna talk about gen 1 imps, imp eggs could always be introduced. [/quote] Actually, it is noted as the breed. Not the scrolls, unfortunately. I do think some fun recolors might be nice, though, as an extra bit of fun.
I'm not going to really add my opinion on KS rerelease here because I think I have made well more than enough comments stating my opinion on this. However, I will say that I do like the idea of this since it is involving more than just "gimme free KS items". Not that this is the intention of others who have suggested similar, just that this comes off as still wanting something significantly challenging to work toward while also giving something worthwhile.

Although... I think upwards of 15k+ points would be more akin to the lower impact that would probably be ideal. Achievable but still rather hard to get (and time consuming). With daily, weekly, and monthly achievements, even this might be too low. In any case, that's all I really want to say on the matter.
Kumatora wrote on 2024-01-01 09:49:20:

Actually, it is noted as the breed. Not the scrolls, unfortunately. I do think some fun recolors might be nice, though, as an extra bit of fun.
I've taken part in multiple kickstarters and similar campaigns, some of which were successful, some of them unfortunately weren't, some of them I've only seen once the pledge time has ended but I'll be honest that FR is home to the most entitled bunch of children I've ever had the misfortune to encounter: KS items were, as their name plainly says, KS items. Kickstarter has ended. The specific items aren't available anymore and similar substitutes are freely available.The story is finished. Get over it.

No support for any suggestion based on entitlement to any particular item, especially as "2k achievement points" is nowhere near close to the impact that KS backers made (for example, I have 4k of points with rather lackluster pursuit activity while we wouldn't even be having this discussion if there weren't enough KS backers to make the site).
I've taken part in multiple kickstarters and similar campaigns, some of which were successful, some of them unfortunately weren't, some of them I've only seen once the pledge time has ended but I'll be honest that FR is home to the most entitled bunch of children I've ever had the misfortune to encounter: KS items were, as their name plainly says, KS items. Kickstarter has ended. The specific items aren't available anymore and similar substitutes are freely available.The story is finished. Get over it.

No support for any suggestion based on entitlement to any particular item, especially as "2k achievement points" is nowhere near close to the impact that KS backers made (for example, I have 4k of points with rather lackluster pursuit activity while we wouldn't even be having this discussion if there weren't enough KS backers to make the site).
JQQ3Fjt.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18