Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Another (actually) Rare Dragon
1 2 3 4
[quote name="Esperanze" date="2023-12-27 19:02:58" ] Not having goals to work toward is kind of detrimental to my enjoyment of this game; and I know that not everyone feels that way, but since every other dragon tends to drop to fodder prices very abruptly, I don't think it would do much harm to add a dragon here and there to build up to. In all honesty, I'd like to see a release like this every couple of years, but I'd happily take just one.[/quote] Have you considered getting into G1s, G2 imperials, low digit dragons, special ID dragons, and/or low-gen lineage dragons (eg. G3 or G4 Naomis)? They’re a great way to set (expensive) long-term dragon-related goals, and they do not come with the issues associated with an extremely limited breed like your suggestion proposes.
Esperanze wrote on 2023-12-27 19:02:58:
Not having goals to work toward is kind of detrimental to my enjoyment of this game; and I know that not everyone feels that way, but since every other dragon tends to drop to fodder prices very abruptly, I don't think it would do much harm to add a dragon here and there to build up to. In all honesty, I'd like to see a release like this every couple of years, but I'd happily take just one.
Have you considered getting into G1s, G2 imperials, low digit dragons, special ID dragons, and/or low-gen lineage dragons (eg. G3 or G4 Naomis)? They’re a great way to set (expensive) long-term dragon-related goals, and they do not come with the issues associated with an extremely limited breed like your suggestion proposes.
- G1s for sale
- LF any combo of abyss, copper, spruce and other dream g1s
I kinda want rarer breed scrolls (I am thinking recyling like wildclaws, I see blossom mentioned, and trade would be interasting) but we can't have it because people will cry that they can't cheaply and immidiately own just released dragon. when it comes to dragon scrolls, it appears that "work for it" is not allowed. tho I think that we need more of stuff that make you work for it but aren't impossible (blossom, branches, autumnal wreath) due to scarcity (g1 imps, low digits, ks and what not)
I kinda want rarer breed scrolls (I am thinking recyling like wildclaws, I see blossom mentioned, and trade would be interasting) but we can't have it because people will cry that they can't cheaply and immidiately own just released dragon. when it comes to dragon scrolls, it appears that "work for it" is not allowed. tho I think that we need more of stuff that make you work for it but aren't impossible (blossom, branches, autumnal wreath) due to scarcity (g1 imps, low digits, ks and what not)
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
This might be a silly idea, but following the "coli-drop scroll" train of thought, what about a breed scroll you can buy at the achievement shop? Those could be pretty scarce depending on the price. But theoretically, anyone could get them (like Blossom).

I don't know much about how the achievement shop is balanced and I also don't know how this would fit within the lore.
This might be a silly idea, but following the "coli-drop scroll" train of thought, what about a breed scroll you can buy at the achievement shop? Those could be pretty scarce depending on the price. But theoretically, anyone could get them (like Blossom).

I don't know much about how the achievement shop is balanced and I also don't know how this would fit within the lore.
1205.png 2024 DRAGON CENSUS
NEST NETWORK
Check bounty status
Free cauldron!
[quote name="wishbonewarren" date="2023-12-28 04:11:26" ] This might be a silly idea, but following the "coli-drop scroll" train of thought, what about a breed scroll you can buy at the achievement shop? Those could be pretty scarce depending on the price. But theoretically, anyone could get them (like Blossom). [/quote] I have 2600 unspent achievement points right now, there are lots of people just sitting on their points. It wouldn't actually be rare
wishbonewarren wrote on 2023-12-28 04:11:26:

I have 2600 unspent achievement points right now, there are lots of people just sitting on their points. It wouldn't actually be rare
@Esperanze

Have you considered getting into glitch dragons? There are plenty of types to choose from, and they get really expensive really quick. An infertile dragon, for example, typically sells for well over 25kg. Other glitches include 2 letter names and tiny bogs/nocs. They're all rarer than most dragon breeds and are quite pricy.

Additionally, very low digit dragons could scratch the proverbial itch? 5-digits go for around 20kg, and you can still occasionally find someone selling a 3-digit or 4-digit. Those are far more expensive goals, too, so if 20kg is too low for you there's that ^^
@Esperanze

Have you considered getting into glitch dragons? There are plenty of types to choose from, and they get really expensive really quick. An infertile dragon, for example, typically sells for well over 25kg. Other glitches include 2 letter names and tiny bogs/nocs. They're all rarer than most dragon breeds and are quite pricy.

Additionally, very low digit dragons could scratch the proverbial itch? 5-digits go for around 20kg, and you can still occasionally find someone selling a 3-digit or 4-digit. Those are far more expensive goals, too, so if 20kg is too low for you there's that ^^
LEpJMnn.png
mTAp2ld.png
qjxrAwx.png
bYt72YT.png
1YB0OjO.png
EB9jVcQ.png

I don't particularly think that this sort of thing would work out very well unless it is a trade breed or cycles like WCs currently do. I could see a breed having certain times of the year it is a available being a potentially interesting option (such as each element gets their own eventual ancient releasing like chest drops during their respective festivals), though I don't really like the idea of eleven eventual Joxbox breeds (I'd rather it just be one consistent item that can drop every time that festival returns).

I don't think we really need this, however. It's not a necessity for the game to be healthy, and there are already goals people can aim for of similar value. Pets, in games built like FR, aren't generally going to have the pets be what's valuable because there will inevitably be so many. Especially when the color ranges do not enter the level of options that hex code based breeding does, and when there's no pet death.

If you want to get into some longer term but still attainable goals, you could aim for G1s, low IDs, special ID strings, or G2 Imps. The G2 Imp community in particular has prices ranging from as low as 350g to rarer lines that can reach upwards of 30kg or more which have a tendency to only go up over time due to the increasingly limited supply of G1 Imps that actually breed. Some lines are even only available at certain times of the year because the owners don't breed as often as some. The ID communities can reach even higher values depending on what you're aiming for. If you don't like any of these, well... Not much you can really do there.

In essence, no support. For a trade breed or cycling breed? Sure. Festival breed? Preferably only if it returns each year to that festival's drop pool.
I don't particularly think that this sort of thing would work out very well unless it is a trade breed or cycles like WCs currently do. I could see a breed having certain times of the year it is a available being a potentially interesting option (such as each element gets their own eventual ancient releasing like chest drops during their respective festivals), though I don't really like the idea of eleven eventual Joxbox breeds (I'd rather it just be one consistent item that can drop every time that festival returns).

I don't think we really need this, however. It's not a necessity for the game to be healthy, and there are already goals people can aim for of similar value. Pets, in games built like FR, aren't generally going to have the pets be what's valuable because there will inevitably be so many. Especially when the color ranges do not enter the level of options that hex code based breeding does, and when there's no pet death.

If you want to get into some longer term but still attainable goals, you could aim for G1s, low IDs, special ID strings, or G2 Imps. The G2 Imp community in particular has prices ranging from as low as 350g to rarer lines that can reach upwards of 30kg or more which have a tendency to only go up over time due to the increasingly limited supply of G1 Imps that actually breed. Some lines are even only available at certain times of the year because the owners don't breed as often as some. The ID communities can reach even higher values depending on what you're aiming for. If you don't like any of these, well... Not much you can really do there.

In essence, no support. For a trade breed or cycling breed? Sure. Festival breed? Preferably only if it returns each year to that festival's drop pool.
[quote name="Ogerpon" date="2023-12-28 06:29:58" ] [quote name="wishbonewarren" date="2023-12-28 04:11:26" ] This might be a silly idea, but following the "coli-drop scroll" train of thought, what about a breed scroll you can buy at the achievement shop? Those could be pretty scarce depending on the price. But theoretically, anyone could get them (like Blossom). [/quote] I have 2600 unspent achievement points right now, there are lots of people just sitting on their points. It wouldn't actually be rare [/quote] Well, I feel like that means that if the achievement breeds are put out at like 1.5 or 2k per breed, that would be pretty perfect. There probably aren't a ton of people sitting on 3-4k. Just because we can have dragons infinitely by breeding is missing the point. Once I spend all the 2.5k or whatever I have, it will actually take a while to get it back. It will take a while to finish multiple breed projects for these guys with the proper pricing for the achievement points. I believe it would be a mistake to make such a breed an Ancient, but that could be just an opinion. But overall Ancients don't seem to have the staying power as far as how often people seem to do gene projects to achieve the perfect one. Because I think...? I'm not 100% sure; I didn't trawl through their whole lair, but OP's problem doesn't seem to be a lack of goals [i]in general[/i]. It looks like OP is simply not interested in a variety of goals that other people pursue like dressing their dragons or having the whole colorwheel or a virtually infinite number of other goals. The list of genes they need to purchase still looks as long as my arm. And since they're interested in G2 Imperials, they are clearly not talking about the fact that Imperials [i]in general[/i] are the most populous breed there is. So, really, I have no idea what they want. All dragons forever and always will be easy to get. Just like any old Imperial is easy to get. There are plenty of goals that depend entirely on self-direction. They've directed themselves toward G1 and G2 dragons, I think. Which, I think, is over all time an impossible wish to have something (exactly) like Imperials. But in the shorter-term, a sufficiently difficult-to-obtain breed change scroll would have a similar effect. Maybe even for years. I don't know. But I would really like a truly difficult to obtain breed. A very expensive Achievement breed would definitely fit that bill. It would also make doing pursuits worth it, which I would like.
Ogerpon wrote on 2023-12-28 06:29:58:
I have 2600 unspent achievement points right now, there are lots of people just sitting on their points. It wouldn't actually be rare
Well, I feel like that means that if the achievement breeds are put out at like 1.5 or 2k per breed, that would be pretty perfect. There probably aren't a ton of people sitting on 3-4k. Just because we can have dragons infinitely by breeding is missing the point. Once I spend all the 2.5k or whatever I have, it will actually take a while to get it back. It will take a while to finish multiple breed projects for these guys with the proper pricing for the achievement points. I believe it would be a mistake to make such a breed an Ancient, but that could be just an opinion. But overall Ancients don't seem to have the staying power as far as how often people seem to do gene projects to achieve the perfect one.

Because I think...? I'm not 100% sure; I didn't trawl through their whole lair, but OP's problem doesn't seem to be a lack of goals in general. It looks like OP is simply not interested in a variety of goals that other people pursue like dressing their dragons or having the whole colorwheel or a virtually infinite number of other goals. The list of genes they need to purchase still looks as long as my arm. And since they're interested in G2 Imperials, they are clearly not talking about the fact that Imperials in general are the most populous breed there is.

So, really, I have no idea what they want. All dragons forever and always will be easy to get. Just like any old Imperial is easy to get. There are plenty of goals that depend entirely on self-direction. They've directed themselves toward G1 and G2 dragons, I think.
Which, I think, is over all time an impossible wish to have something (exactly) like Imperials. But in the shorter-term, a sufficiently difficult-to-obtain breed change scroll would have a similar effect. Maybe even for years. I don't know.

But I would really like a truly difficult to obtain breed. A very expensive Achievement breed would definitely fit that bill. It would also make doing pursuits worth it, which I would like.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I don't think it would add any difficulty, seeing as dragons can be bred infinitely and even if the scroll itself is only available for short time, the dragons would become affordable soon enough. Imps started with so few of them, yet even so buying an imp stopped being a challenge, like, half a year after the release of the game. With a more available scroll - and 5kg is not THAT prohibitive - it will be shortened to even less than that.

Most people who look for challenge turn to g1s, low digits, interesting IDs, breeding projects, fandragons or other things that limit the pool and add more costs to the dragon. Simply buying a random pretty dragon of a certain breed would always be easy and cheap (or if it's not cheap now, it will be in a couple of months), and it's great for casual players. Those who want something more difficult, can create their own challenges.
I don't think it would add any difficulty, seeing as dragons can be bred infinitely and even if the scroll itself is only available for short time, the dragons would become affordable soon enough. Imps started with so few of them, yet even so buying an imp stopped being a challenge, like, half a year after the release of the game. With a more available scroll - and 5kg is not THAT prohibitive - it will be shortened to even less than that.

Most people who look for challenge turn to g1s, low digits, interesting IDs, breeding projects, fandragons or other things that limit the pool and add more costs to the dragon. Simply buying a random pretty dragon of a certain breed would always be easy and cheap (or if it's not cheap now, it will be in a couple of months), and it's great for casual players. Those who want something more difficult, can create their own challenges.
This is a hard no from me. Imp scrolls retiring was a mistake. Retiring items in general for this type of game are a mistake.

Rare items provide a goal to work towards and if the item is rare (low drop rate, cycled at a specific time a year, etc.) that would be okay. Items that become unobtainable I can only see demotivating the majority of players, rather than encouraging them. Just look at how many people automatically consider Kickstarter familiars and the light sprite beyond their reach.

If a game is drowning in retired items, players consider it a massive barrier to entry and may decide it's not worth it to even pick the game up. One of the great things about Flight Rising is that with enough effort, a player who starts today can have an account just as fantastic as a person who's been playing for ten years.
This is a hard no from me. Imp scrolls retiring was a mistake. Retiring items in general for this type of game are a mistake.

Rare items provide a goal to work towards and if the item is rare (low drop rate, cycled at a specific time a year, etc.) that would be okay. Items that become unobtainable I can only see demotivating the majority of players, rather than encouraging them. Just look at how many people automatically consider Kickstarter familiars and the light sprite beyond their reach.

If a game is drowning in retired items, players consider it a massive barrier to entry and may decide it's not worth it to even pick the game up. One of the great things about Flight Rising is that with enough effort, a player who starts today can have an account just as fantastic as a person who's been playing for ten years.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

[quote name="wishbonewarren" date="2023-12-28 04:11:26" ] This might be a silly idea, but following the "coli-drop scroll" train of thought, what about a breed scroll you can buy at the achievement shop? Those could be pretty scarce depending on the price. But theoretically, anyone could get them (like Blossom). I don't know much about how the achievement shop is balanced and I also don't know how this would fit within the lore. [/quote] This!! I posted a similar suggestion and I think this would be a really smart way to have a rare breed one has to work for. It could be have a fairly high price, like maybe somewhere from 500-1000 experience points or something? That way it'd be something a player would actaully have to work towards, while still being something every player could eventually achieve (plus, no one would be able to argue the site was being "pay to win")

This!!
I posted a similar suggestion and I think this would be a really smart way to have a rare breed one has to work for. It could be have a fairly high price, like maybe somewhere from 500-1000 experience points or something? That way it'd be something a player would actaully have to work towards, while still being something every player could eventually achieve (plus, no one would be able to argue the site was being "pay to win")
__________________________ Azure
She/they
+2 FR time
eF0NbOK.gif Artist
My Art Instagram
My Hatchery
1 2 3 4