Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Another (actually) Rare Dragon
1 2 3 4
Ever since the Forbidden Portal venue dropped, I've thought it'd be kinda cool to maybe someday get an eldritch-y ancient breed that came through the portal that maybe has its eggs/scrolls drop in that venue? That'd make them scarce, but still attainable (since even people that don't coli could still purchase the scrolls that people list on the auction house), and there'd be no FOMO since the breed would be there forevermore.
Ever since the Forbidden Portal venue dropped, I've thought it'd be kinda cool to maybe someday get an eldritch-y ancient breed that came through the portal that maybe has its eggs/scrolls drop in that venue? That'd make them scarce, but still attainable (since even people that don't coli could still purchase the scrolls that people list on the auction house), and there'd be no FOMO since the breed would be there forevermore.
UJXttDL.png
i think i could support a new breed that was tied to some kind of gameplay mechanic/feature or reoccurring event. i can understand wanting a bit more of a 'challenge' when it comes to obtaining a certain breed to make things more interesting.

back when sandsurges dropped, the devs had explained they planned for the nature ancient (auraboas) to be available through "gameplay" and i interpreted that word as meaning it would be like through the previously mentioned methods and not through currency (i was sad when that didn't turn out to be the case, lol). it would be an interesting way to introduce a new modern, maybe, or if there is ever a neutral-element ancient released (an ancient release would probably sit a bit better with the community)?

i don't see a problem with it so long as it's not permanent retirement of the breed change scrolls, which is not what is being suggested anyhow!
i think i could support a new breed that was tied to some kind of gameplay mechanic/feature or reoccurring event. i can understand wanting a bit more of a 'challenge' when it comes to obtaining a certain breed to make things more interesting.

back when sandsurges dropped, the devs had explained they planned for the nature ancient (auraboas) to be available through "gameplay" and i interpreted that word as meaning it would be like through the previously mentioned methods and not through currency (i was sad when that didn't turn out to be the case, lol). it would be an interesting way to introduce a new modern, maybe, or if there is ever a neutral-element ancient released (an ancient release would probably sit a bit better with the community)?

i don't see a problem with it so long as it's not permanent retirement of the breed change scrolls, which is not what is being suggested anyhow!
A drawing of a blue and yellow Spiral dragon (art by me). Click to go to the dragon! | @Quebeal
| ♦ ¤ ——−−--
|
|
| FR +1 DST
| Any pronouns
| My current avatar dragon!
| I'm selling monstera skins!
———-Recolored treeshroud icon by yascherritsa. Click for resource thread!
Having a coliseum breed is one I would enjoy however it certainly would have to be rare probably on the level of eliminates and eggs.

You dont exactly want to drop an ancient and 6 months time the breed changes are 7 gems.

For actual retired breeds no, I wouldn't be apposed to another gem breed (in the future) joining wild claw and being cycling however.

Swip swap's stand or plinkerton would be neat too.
Having a coliseum breed is one I would enjoy however it certainly would have to be rare probably on the level of eliminates and eggs.

You dont exactly want to drop an ancient and 6 months time the breed changes are 7 gems.

For actual retired breeds no, I wouldn't be apposed to another gem breed (in the future) joining wild claw and being cycling however.

Swip swap's stand or plinkerton would be neat too.
ebaFkRs.gif
As others have said I don't think another limited breed scroll like Imperials would be a good idea for a number of reason, but I think that a coliseum scroll that's as rare as eggs or eliminates, or a swipp scroll that's hard to obtain would be cool. I like having hard goals to work towards, and if it's an item that's considered valuable by the playerbase that's a nice bonus
As others have said I don't think another limited breed scroll like Imperials would be a good idea for a number of reason, but I think that a coliseum scroll that's as rare as eggs or eliminates, or a swipp scroll that's hard to obtain would be cool. I like having hard goals to work towards, and if it's an item that's considered valuable by the playerbase that's a nice bonus
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
Unsure whether the suggestion is for a rare breed or a rare method of obtaining a breed?

Because, no matter how hard it would be to obtain a new dragon breed - as long as they can beget offspring, they will hit fodder floor and not be rare anymore in a matter of months. Like many here have said, Imperials aren't rare at all, only low gen Imps are, despite Imp scrolls being nigh unobtainable.
A truly rare breed would need to be excluded from the nesting mechanic or have a ridiculous cooldown, I think.

On the other hand, I think it would be fun to have more atypical ways of acquiring dragons, be it achievements, Swipp, Roundsey, etc. so, support for that one!
Unsure whether the suggestion is for a rare breed or a rare method of obtaining a breed?

Because, no matter how hard it would be to obtain a new dragon breed - as long as they can beget offspring, they will hit fodder floor and not be rare anymore in a matter of months. Like many here have said, Imperials aren't rare at all, only low gen Imps are, despite Imp scrolls being nigh unobtainable.
A truly rare breed would need to be excluded from the nesting mechanic or have a ridiculous cooldown, I think.

On the other hand, I think it would be fun to have more atypical ways of acquiring dragons, be it achievements, Swipp, Roundsey, etc. so, support for that one!
bZOQYBz.png
Unless these dragons couldn't breed, they too would hit fodder floor eventually. Dragons aren't meant to be expensive. They are cheap and plentiful by game design. Unfortunately, there is often a lot of backlash for gem released breeds even though gems are very easy to get without ever spending money on the game. A gem modern costing more than coatls or wildclaws would cause an utter meltdown.

I would like a breed whose scrolls (and eggs please) dropped in the Coli and through gathering, with the same rarity as current elemental eggs. Swipp trade would be fine too, but I personally prefer the Coli since I don't use Swipp, and I like the sudden surprise factor of a good Coli drop.
Unless these dragons couldn't breed, they too would hit fodder floor eventually. Dragons aren't meant to be expensive. They are cheap and plentiful by game design. Unfortunately, there is often a lot of backlash for gem released breeds even though gems are very easy to get without ever spending money on the game. A gem modern costing more than coatls or wildclaws would cause an utter meltdown.

I would like a breed whose scrolls (and eggs please) dropped in the Coli and through gathering, with the same rarity as current elemental eggs. Swipp trade would be fine too, but I personally prefer the Coli since I don't use Swipp, and I like the sudden surprise factor of a good Coli drop.
no support because it would absolutely mean that rich players would hoard the scrolls (if its only available for a short time), and new/poorer players that don't have time/resources to generate that kind of money or are free to play will miss out

g1 imps etc are so rare because of how they came out with the site years ago
no support because it would absolutely mean that rich players would hoard the scrolls (if its only available for a short time), and new/poorer players that don't have time/resources to generate that kind of money or are free to play will miss out

g1 imps etc are so rare because of how they came out with the site years ago
lightning_banner.png
nature_banner.pngearth_banner.png
•••••••tumblr_inline_njtpe1NttW1r1na4o.gif
HatcheryStogwen Project
FR + 8hrs || She/Her
earth_banner.png nature_banner.pnglightning_banner.png
I don’t think it’s possible to keep a breed off the fodder floor. The population will get big eventually, and prices will drop. But the idea of a breed that’s really hard to get as a g1 is nice. Adds extra challenge for those who like it, and everyone else gets to enjoy normally priced g2s.
I don’t think it’s possible to keep a breed off the fodder floor. The population will get big eventually, and prices will drop. But the idea of a breed that’s really hard to get as a g1 is nice. Adds extra challenge for those who like it, and everyone else gets to enjoy normally priced g2s.
There's already colli exlusive gene scrolls so why not a colli exclusive breed? Eggs and scrolls of this breed only drop in the coli

would still be possible to obtain for people who don't coli cuz the eggs/scrolls can be sold on the AH and course eventually you can just buy the dragons of the AH

but having a 'limited' breed like the imps? No, I am def part of the camp who thinks it was a mistake to have imp breed scroll retire because it takes away a customisation aspect (I should also add, I literally do not care about G1 imps so inb4 anyone wants to claim I just want a G1 imp, no, I don't.) and repeating that just feels pointless

i get people wanting to own something rare and shiny ala kickstarter or first year stuff, but the site is more stable than it was in its first year and the player base is also much bigger. Having something rare and valueble is just really hard to pull off, not impossible just look at the light halo, it's not limited/retired but still worth a lot

I wouldn't mind a dragon breed that requires more effort to obtain, but I'll not agree with a breed change scroll that'll retire after some time
There's already colli exlusive gene scrolls so why not a colli exclusive breed? Eggs and scrolls of this breed only drop in the coli

would still be possible to obtain for people who don't coli cuz the eggs/scrolls can be sold on the AH and course eventually you can just buy the dragons of the AH

but having a 'limited' breed like the imps? No, I am def part of the camp who thinks it was a mistake to have imp breed scroll retire because it takes away a customisation aspect (I should also add, I literally do not care about G1 imps so inb4 anyone wants to claim I just want a G1 imp, no, I don't.) and repeating that just feels pointless

i get people wanting to own something rare and shiny ala kickstarter or first year stuff, but the site is more stable than it was in its first year and the player base is also much bigger. Having something rare and valueble is just really hard to pull off, not impossible just look at the light halo, it's not limited/retired but still worth a lot

I wouldn't mind a dragon breed that requires more effort to obtain, but I'll not agree with a breed change scroll that'll retire after some time
DVcXRyP.png
No support

As long as a breed can have offspring, the only thing this makes rare is the gen 1s. I wouldn't be against a breed that has a weird breeding mechanic, but I don't think the game code can do that easily (if at all), and I don't think a lot of players would enjoy a new, completely different feature that feels against what everything else in the site is about

If you want rare dragons, gen 1s, oldies, special digits, etc. are already in the game, and are fun challenges to get
No support

As long as a breed can have offspring, the only thing this makes rare is the gen 1s. I wouldn't be against a breed that has a weird breeding mechanic, but I don't think the game code can do that easily (if at all), and I don't think a lot of players would enjoy a new, completely different feature that feels against what everything else in the site is about

If you want rare dragons, gen 1s, oldies, special digits, etc. are already in the game, and are fun challenges to get
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
1 2 3 4