Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Be more considerate of multigaze
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
Yes, support! I love multigaze, but I can't have any ancients with it because I love linebreaking terts and barely any of them work on multigaze dergs :c
Yes, support! I love multigaze, but I can't have any ancients with it because I love linebreaking terts and barely any of them work on multigaze dergs :c

I have never understood why this hasn't been done. Especially with how many tertiary genes feel like they are made for use with multigaze, but have glaring clipping that imo makes them unusable together. Your example with medusa is perfect, because it was so, so, so avoidable. I just really don't understand why the team doesn't try harder to take multigaze into account. It's my favorite eye type that I also absolutely hate because I just can't use it with anything cool. That, and how often it's placed to look like stickers rather than integrated eyes...
I have never understood why this hasn't been done. Especially with how many tertiary genes feel like they are made for use with multigaze, but have glaring clipping that imo makes them unusable together. Your example with medusa is perfect, because it was so, so, so avoidable. I just really don't understand why the team doesn't try harder to take multigaze into account. It's my favorite eye type that I also absolutely hate because I just can't use it with anything cool. That, and how often it's placed to look like stickers rather than integrated eyes...
eP65k0J.png
Definitely support! Some of the these genes could work around Multi-Gaze instead of clipping awkwardly. I'd love to see that more since Multi-Gaze is genuinely my favorite eye type haha. This would be a great mindset for the artists to have moving forwards on creating new Ancient genes honestly!
Definitely support! Some of the these genes could work around Multi-Gaze instead of clipping awkwardly. I'd love to see that more since Multi-Gaze is genuinely my favorite eye type haha. This would be a great mindset for the artists to have moving forwards on creating new Ancient genes honestly!
2022_fr-signature.png
VAIXATION
(vikes-ZAY-shun)
THEY/THEM/THEIRS
2022_fr-signature-margin.png
2022_fr-profile-divider-4.png
ABOUT || ART || ACCENTS
2022_fr-profile-divider-1.png
2022_fr-signature-2.png
Support! Like many before me have said, changing existing Terts will likely only cause more problems than they'd solve, and for some busier terts it might straight up not be possible, but there are so many MG clipping issues that just feel so avoidable if they were just designed with Multigaze in mind

Mistakes happen, weird clipping issues happen, but it feels like there's still so many issues that could have been avoided alltogether
Support! Like many before me have said, changing existing Terts will likely only cause more problems than they'd solve, and for some busier terts it might straight up not be possible, but there are so many MG clipping issues that just feel so avoidable if they were just designed with Multigaze in mind

Mistakes happen, weird clipping issues happen, but it feels like there's still so many issues that could have been avoided alltogether
3cfd76cef7c18c67807bba6438d0d1c0eea46682.png Stilll don't know what to put here...

Skin Shop

Wishlist!
Click on my children
[
Support. The Medusa gene example is a good one. I don't understand why the genes can't be drawn with a multigaze dragon as a base to avoid this happening. I tend to avoid multigaze because of this.
Support. The Medusa gene example is a good one. I don't understand why the genes can't be drawn with a multigaze dragon as a base to avoid this happening. I tend to avoid multigaze because of this.
oh HUGE support. you would not believe how heartbroken i was upon seeing that the space gene clips through multigaze eyes on both adult aether linearts AND that for hatchlings ;_; (multigaze also looks. a bit Questionable on aethers in general/some other breeds, but that's another can of wyrms) it's really frustrating!! multigaze eyes are so cool in concept and it [i]should[/i] feel cool to hatch a dragon with one of the rarest eye types, not........ agonising in trying to figure out which tertiary genes that are meant to be special to ancient dragons just won't work with them. i literally just checked, too - [b]every single ancient dragon breed[/b] has MULTIPLE tertiary genes that clip through multigaze eyes. each breed, from the brand-new auraboa to the gaolers, the first ancients on site :'D and of course, it's not like you can even attempt to cover these points of clipping with clothes, since...... ancients can't wear apparel, and skins and accents are always shown behind the eyes (though on top of even lineart-breaking tertiary genes, which is yet another layering struggle OTL) i understand there are some site limitations at play here specifically with eye and gene layering, but........ it really does seem like the solution here is so simple and i don't understand why it feels almost like we're supposed to pretend mg doesn't exist. obviously some ancient terts don't have much room to accommodate, but all the more nebulous/flow-y/scattered terts could SO easily have just.......... been checked beforehand. i mean, we even have user-created skins and accents specifically made for use with multigaze eyes!! this is one of my favourites :) [Item= Accent: Blazing Sight] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86461003][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/864611/86461003_350.png[/img][/url]
oh HUGE support. you would not believe how heartbroken i was upon seeing that the space gene clips through multigaze eyes on both adult aether linearts AND that for hatchlings ;_; (multigaze also looks. a bit Questionable on aethers in general/some other breeds, but that's another can of wyrms)

it's really frustrating!! multigaze eyes are so cool in concept and it should feel cool to hatch a dragon with one of the rarest eye types, not........ agonising in trying to figure out which tertiary genes that are meant to be special to ancient dragons just won't work with them.

i literally just checked, too - every single ancient dragon breed has MULTIPLE tertiary genes that clip through multigaze eyes. each breed, from the brand-new auraboa to the gaolers, the first ancients on site :'D and of course, it's not like you can even attempt to cover these points of clipping with clothes, since...... ancients can't wear apparel, and skins and accents are always shown behind the eyes (though on top of even lineart-breaking tertiary genes, which is yet another layering struggle OTL)

i understand there are some site limitations at play here specifically with eye and gene layering, but........ it really does seem like the solution here is so simple and i don't understand why it feels almost like we're supposed to pretend mg doesn't exist.

obviously some ancient terts don't have much room to accommodate, but all the more nebulous/flow-y/scattered terts could SO easily have just.......... been checked beforehand. i mean, we even have user-created skins and accents specifically made for use with multigaze eyes!! this is one of my favourites :)

Accent: Blazing Sight 86461003_350.png
9UH8qm7.png ___25,
they/them,
space alien

___
_._
_ fLdYOuE.png
HxL61bT.png
_ tyEuRXe.png
ar6gtVv.png
_ w9bDUNq.png
oNrZjs5.png

_ aLfu5UL.png _ FObX7rS.png _ IEAdiPZ.png
_ Qf7biHq.png
Super support! (And it it was done from the start even more terms could be saved by moving tert parts or problem eyes (really some eyes could be moved or removed with no harm to multi gaze at all!))
Super support! (And it it was done from the start even more terms could be saved by moving tert parts or problem eyes (really some eyes could be moved or removed with no harm to multi gaze at all!))

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
Support.
I can understand not going back to fix current/old genes. But going forward they can work around most linebreaks.
Support.
I can understand not going back to fix current/old genes. But going forward they can work around most linebreaks.
7l3ZvzG.png
[quote name="Alkhor" date="2023-11-25 13:35:21" ] Super support! (And it it was done from the start even more terms could be saved by moving tert parts or problem eyes (really some eyes could be moved or removed with no harm to multi gaze at all!)) [/quote] Yes, I feel like also changing the spacing of eyes to avoid certain terts in this way would be appreciated, as well. By using both these suggested methods I feel like clashes would be much less common
Alkhor wrote on 2023-11-25 13:35:21:
Yes, I feel like also changing the spacing of eyes to avoid certain terts in this way would be appreciated, as well. By using both these suggested methods I feel like clashes would be much less common
apel6.png

FR time + 8

minim|She/Her|Aro/Ace
AIUessR.png
Support. As an artist I really don't see why it would be impossible to avoid this issue on most linebreaking terts. Frankly I think they should edit some of the most egregious examples on other Ancients. There'd probably be a handful of people who wouldn't like it but if like 90% of the userbase avoids Multigaze because of clipping I don't think it's fair to them to leave it as-is.

FR generally has a high quality standard for its art and I don't see why Multigaze should be an exception. :/
Support. As an artist I really don't see why it would be impossible to avoid this issue on most linebreaking terts. Frankly I think they should edit some of the most egregious examples on other Ancients. There'd probably be a handful of people who wouldn't like it but if like 90% of the userbase avoids Multigaze because of clipping I don't think it's fair to them to leave it as-is.

FR generally has a high quality standard for its art and I don't see why Multigaze should be an exception. :/
9650eb7d6ebe493e3d6bdd47099c7c9df0a42bc8.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12