Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Have you ever had a FR related dream?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Just had a dream where, for some reason, Ridgebacks were retired and you couldn’t obtain them anymore. It kept going back and forth on wether existing Ridgebacks still were on the site or not. All existing Ridgebacks suddenly went up in value

You wouldn’t be able to breed any more Ridgebacks, if you had one it just couldn’t breed at all anymore. They could still be obtained via trading though

This might have stemmed from how I see Ridgebacks as the most forgettable dragon breed (to me at least, I’m sure they have their fans). I kind of just forget they exist most of the time, I almost never see them and I don’t have any of my own. I didn’t really care they were being retired since I never really wanted one anyway.

(No hate to anyone who likes Ridgebacks, I’m sure there’s some people who really like them, they just don’t appeal to me as much as other dragon breeds. I found it funny how they were suddenly being removed from the site)
Just had a dream where, for some reason, Ridgebacks were retired and you couldn’t obtain them anymore. It kept going back and forth on wether existing Ridgebacks still were on the site or not. All existing Ridgebacks suddenly went up in value

You wouldn’t be able to breed any more Ridgebacks, if you had one it just couldn’t breed at all anymore. They could still be obtained via trading though

This might have stemmed from how I see Ridgebacks as the most forgettable dragon breed (to me at least, I’m sure they have their fans). I kind of just forget they exist most of the time, I almost never see them and I don’t have any of my own. I didn’t really care they were being retired since I never really wanted one anyway.

(No hate to anyone who likes Ridgebacks, I’m sure there’s some people who really like them, they just don’t appeal to me as much as other dragon breeds. I found it funny how they were suddenly being removed from the site)
Lover of Faes and Aethers
[quote name="nuttysaladtree" date="2020-07-01 18:25:08" ] When people mention FR dreams, I always point them to [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/permalink/topic/2245706]the origin of "wegg"[/url]: [quote name="Dreamnorn" date="Un-wegging-believable at 2017-07-30 06:54:05" ] So I had an FR dream last night where things were pretty much the same, except the term for being one-egged was replaced with [i]wegged[/i]. As in, "my favorite breeding pair wegged me today and I am (insert gif of salt)." This haunts me. [/quote] [/quote]
nuttysaladtree wrote on 2020-07-01 18:25:08:
When people mention FR dreams, I always point them to the origin of "wegg":
Dreamnorn wrote on Un-wegging-believable at 2017-07-30 06:54:05:
So I had an FR dream last night where things were pretty much the same, except the term for being one-egged was replaced with wegged.

As in, "my favorite breeding pair wegged me today and I am (insert gif of salt)."

This haunts me.
90px-Applications-office.svg.png When people draw up a warm bath and put in flower petals,
Writing Prompts
are they bathing in flower tea?
[quote name="TheOhareLair" date="2023-10-03 15:27:11" ] A very cursed dream I have to share; Last night I dreamed we got a new harvest festival type event that was cabbage themed, it was a little something like this Cabbage added to the game Despite what you may think it was NOT considered a plant and an entirely new category of food was added just for cabbage (Yes, you could specifically gather cabbage in gather items) A new npc that looked like what I can only describe as a bootleg obelisk with very tiny eyes, that was yellow with a blue mane, he, like the deities do with elemental festivals, introduced the event on an official account Several new apparel pieces were added that you could trade cabbage for, mostly consisting of unicorn horns carved out of various minerals, but also some more odd stuff like leg extensions and fake human arms and legs apparel [/quote] Someone please make art of this.
TheOhareLair wrote on 2023-10-03 15:27:11:
A very cursed dream I have to share;

Last night I dreamed we got a new harvest festival type event that was cabbage themed, it was a little something like this

Cabbage added to the game
Despite what you may think it was NOT considered a plant and an entirely new category of food was added just for cabbage (Yes, you could specifically gather cabbage in gather items)
A new npc that looked like what I can only describe as a bootleg obelisk with very tiny eyes, that was yellow with a blue mane, he, like the deities do with elemental festivals, introduced the event on an official account
Several new apparel pieces were added that you could trade cabbage for, mostly consisting of unicorn horns carved out of various minerals, but also some more odd stuff like leg extensions and fake human arms and legs apparel
Someone please make art of this.
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png
94411743.png
A few I've had, mostly within the past few days:
  • There was a new breed that resembled a mix between a Tundra, a Snapper, and a lion. It was called a "Leo". (Note: This was before Obelisks came out.)
  • People realized that Fire and Plague are a lot like each other because of their lore, apparently, so there was a lot of Fire/Plague solidarity.
  • I learned that Apathy (one of my dragons I've had for a while) was a travelling dragon at one point. His original owner's username was "bronze kangaroo" or something like that.
  • Egg rot came back, and I lost a nest I was really looking forward to hatching. Thankfully, the devs have said that they don't plan on bringing back the feature!
A few I've had, mostly within the past few days:
  • There was a new breed that resembled a mix between a Tundra, a Snapper, and a lion. It was called a "Leo". (Note: This was before Obelisks came out.)
  • People realized that Fire and Plague are a lot like each other because of their lore, apparently, so there was a lot of Fire/Plague solidarity.
  • I learned that Apathy (one of my dragons I've had for a while) was a travelling dragon at one point. His original owner's username was "bronze kangaroo" or something like that.
  • Egg rot came back, and I lost a nest I was really looking forward to hatching. Thankfully, the devs have said that they don't plan on bringing back the feature!
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
Some selections from my dream journal... [quote name=4/17/2021] I was looking around the fr world map for some reason and I was in the plague flight when I saw a strange green bonfire. It was in barrels all radioactive-like. I looked above it, and found a beautifully rendered, abnormally clean cathedral-type church, that was still obviously plague. It had the emblem and Mirror gargoyles and everything. I was thinking "oh my god, plague church. PLURCH." and tried clicking on it to see if it were a point of interest. Apparently it wasn't, so I went to the forums to post about it and ask people what it was. We came to the conclusion that it was dedicated to some creature that looked like a JubJub from Neopets, with a round body and just feet, except its skin was so torn and rotted and stuff that it looked like wood. Oh, also, someone on the forum mentioned that star symbols were a trigger for them so I had to change the title or something.[/quote] [quote name=1/4/2022] I was on Flight Rising trying to customize a male Fae who was bright red and blue in most places, but had the very unmatchy secondary of Mint Flair. I applied something to him that was like a skin except animated and taking up all of the area of the secondary in flat form (like the rift in DragonVale) that featured some glitchy, somewhat vaporwavey palm trees. I also considered uploading an image from my hard drive as an overlay, but decided against it.[/quote] [quote name=1/30/2022] I was Coli grinding and watching the Legends: Arceus stream in my bed, like I’d done for the past two days, but had apparently distorted spacetime around everything in my dorm except my bed and didn’t notice. Blanche walked in to check me, encountered the spacetime distortions and me doing the Coli grinding with Giratina-O tentacles, then quietly noped out of there.[/quote] [quote name=2/1/2022] I sniped some very cool items from my flight's auction house on FR, including 2 eternal youth scrolls and a "secret scroll" that serves as an Imperial scroll that also adds the genes Bar, Shimmer, and Crackle and can only be used on G1s, all for 40 gems. I considered applying it to Enforcer, who was still named [my old username] in the dream, but decided against it. I asked the secret scroll seller if it was a mistake, but he reassured me it wasn't and I could go ahead and sell it and watch people freak out.[/quote] [quote name=2/17/2022] Lines of iambic pentameter poetry about someone’s Wildclaw, whose backstory had them being abandoned in the forest, raised by wolves, and then becoming a nature spirit. They weren’t my dragon, I just did the poetry on impulse because I realized “A dragon raised o’er (?) the howling wolves” and “Irimu, lord of land and sea and sky” both fit the meter.[/quote] [quote name=3/10/2022] On a day when I was going to go out driving with my mom to do something, my Flight Rising account got hacked by someone who sold and replaced nearly all my dragons to do things like make fandragons for math games, moved me to Wind Flight, and changed basically everything that would cost gems to change back. Also, while I was there, most of my hair except the front part of it and two stripes on either side, which remained black, turned white.[/quote] [quote name=9/17/2022] FR has released a two-headed dragon breed. It looks like a monitor lizard with two heads, very long necks, and a black and pink striped tail. The news post, which is on a Jellyneo-like site, mentions that we have Aberrations to thank for having multiheaded dragon breeds, but they wrote it when they were sleep-deprived and couldn't remember the word Aberration, so they wrote situation, to which I responded with a reference to the Escape the Fate song because of course I did.[/quote]
Some selections from my dream journal...
4/17/2021 wrote:
I was looking around the fr world map for some reason and I was in the plague flight when I saw a strange green bonfire. It was in barrels all radioactive-like. I looked above it, and found a beautifully rendered, abnormally clean cathedral-type church, that was still obviously plague. It had the emblem and Mirror gargoyles and everything. I was thinking "oh my god, plague church. PLURCH." and tried clicking on it to see if it were a point of interest. Apparently it wasn't, so I went to the forums to post about it and ask people what it was. We came to the conclusion that it was dedicated to some creature that looked like a JubJub from Neopets, with a round body and just feet, except its skin was so torn and rotted and stuff that it looked like wood. Oh, also, someone on the forum mentioned that star symbols were a trigger for them so I had to change the title or something.
1/4/2022 wrote:
I was on Flight Rising trying to customize a male Fae who was bright red and blue in most places, but had the very unmatchy secondary of Mint Flair. I applied something to him that was like a skin except animated and taking up all of the area of the secondary in flat form (like the rift in DragonVale) that featured some glitchy, somewhat vaporwavey palm trees. I also considered uploading an image from my hard drive as an overlay, but decided against it.
1/30/2022 wrote:
I was Coli grinding and watching the Legends: Arceus stream in my bed, like I’d done for the past two days, but had apparently distorted spacetime around everything in my dorm except my bed and didn’t notice. Blanche walked in to check me, encountered the spacetime distortions and me doing the Coli grinding with Giratina-O tentacles, then quietly noped out of there.
2/1/2022 wrote:
I sniped some very cool items from my flight's auction house on FR, including 2 eternal youth scrolls and a "secret scroll" that serves as an Imperial scroll that also adds the genes Bar, Shimmer, and Crackle and can only be used on G1s, all for 40 gems. I considered applying it to Enforcer, who was still named [my old username] in the dream, but decided against it. I asked the secret scroll seller if it was a mistake, but he reassured me it wasn't and I could go ahead and sell it and watch people freak out.
2/17/2022 wrote:
Lines of iambic pentameter poetry about someone’s Wildclaw, whose backstory had them being abandoned in the forest, raised by wolves, and then becoming a nature spirit. They weren’t my dragon, I just did the poetry on impulse because I realized “A dragon raised o’er (?) the howling wolves” and “Irimu, lord of land and sea and sky” both fit the meter.
3/10/2022 wrote:
On a day when I was going to go out driving with my mom to do something, my Flight Rising account got hacked by someone who sold and replaced nearly all my dragons to do things like make fandragons for math games, moved me to Wind Flight, and changed basically everything that would cost gems to change back. Also, while I was there, most of my hair except the front part of it and two stripes on either side, which remained black, turned white.
9/17/2022 wrote:
FR has released a two-headed dragon breed. It looks like a monitor lizard with two heads, very long necks, and a black and pink striped tail. The news post, which is on a Jellyneo-like site, mentions that we have Aberrations to thank for having multiheaded dragon breeds, but they wrote it when they were sleep-deprived and couldn't remember the word Aberration, so they wrote situation, to which I responded with a reference to the Escape the Fate song because of course I did.
The Enforcer - they/themAboutArtFree IconsAvatar DragonNeocitiesWishlistA pixelated animation of a teal Mirror dragon wearing a blue and purple hood. They blink and then a heart appears in a speech balloon before filling with dark liquid and fading to black.
[quote name="TheOhareLair" date="2023-10-03 15:27:11" ] A very cursed dream I have to share; Last night I dreamed we got a new harvest festival type event that was cabbage themed, it was a little something like this Cabbage added to the game Despite what you may think it was NOT considered a plant and an entirely new category of food was added just for cabbage (Yes, you could specifically gather cabbage in gather items) A new npc that looked like what I can only describe as a bootleg obelisk with very tiny eyes, that was yellow with a blue mane, he, like the deities do with elemental festivals, introduced the event on an official account Several new apparel pieces were added that you could trade cabbage for, mostly consisting of unicorn horns carved out of various minerals, but also some more odd stuff like leg extensions and fake human arms and legs apparel [/quote] I love this I'd love a holiday centered around a specific item with lots of new items themed around that item. It would have been so cool if Marva's shop had some gravel themed items, like clothing made out of gravel and edible gravel and just. lots of gravel. It would have made the joke even funnier imo / I had a dream that I accidentally traded one of my favorite dragons (Kimball) and I was trying to get her back (Kimball is transfem), when I asked the person who obtained her if I could have her back they proceeded to exalt her and I was VERY upset. Then I realized it was a dream and all of my dragons were still there. It was sad.
TheOhareLair wrote on 2023-10-03 15:27:11:
A very cursed dream I have to share;

Last night I dreamed we got a new harvest festival type event that was cabbage themed, it was a little something like this

Cabbage added to the game
Despite what you may think it was NOT considered a plant and an entirely new category of food was added just for cabbage (Yes, you could specifically gather cabbage in gather items)
A new npc that looked like what I can only describe as a bootleg obelisk with very tiny eyes, that was yellow with a blue mane, he, like the deities do with elemental festivals, introduced the event on an official account
Several new apparel pieces were added that you could trade cabbage for, mostly consisting of unicorn horns carved out of various minerals, but also some more odd stuff like leg extensions and fake human arms and legs apparel
I love this
I'd love a holiday centered around a specific item with lots of new items themed around that item.
It would have been so cool if Marva's shop had some gravel themed items, like clothing made out of gravel and edible gravel and just. lots of gravel. It would have made the joke even funnier imo
/

I had a dream that I accidentally traded one of my favorite dragons (Kimball) and I was trying to get her back (Kimball is transfem), when I asked the person who obtained her if I could have her back they proceeded to exalt her and I was VERY upset. Then I realized it was a dream and all of my dragons were still there.
It was sad.
Lover of Faes and Aethers
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11