Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | what inspired your clan lore?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
i don't even know, it just... built up after a while? i was like,
"i'm in arcane right now, it'd be funny to make a tab for exclusively edgy dragons. oh, wait, i wanna join plague. maybe the edgelords should be in plague. okay so this is a village of criminals who got sick of arcane. wait, i'm sick of arcane, let me move to plague. wait, did anyone question why that one dragon broke off from the original village? um, she killed someone and got kicked out! ez! wait, what's the aftermath of that?"
it's... a chain reaction

i don't even know, it just... built up after a while? i was like,
"i'm in arcane right now, it'd be funny to make a tab for exclusively edgy dragons. oh, wait, i wanna join plague. maybe the edgelords should be in plague. okay so this is a village of criminals who got sick of arcane. wait, i'm sick of arcane, let me move to plague. wait, did anyone question why that one dragon broke off from the original village? um, she killed someone and got kicked out! ez! wait, what's the aftermath of that?"
it's... a chain reaction

Untitled424_20230617211922.png yo im arsonistfurry
im just a dude tbh
he/they
trans rights
ping meeeeeeee
art shop
Untitled419_20230616190853.png
[quote name="ArsonistFurry" date="2023-07-31 21:10:26" ] i don't even know, it just... built up after a while? [/quote] ^^ Exactly that I made decisions away from lore and tried to tie them back into lore. considerin the repercussions of any action took Originally, it was just writing backstories because those are the most fun part. Then I realized I wanted a cohesive story and accidentally let some eldritch horror seep in
ArsonistFurry wrote on 2023-07-31 21:10:26:
i don't even know, it just... built up after a while?
^^ Exactly that
I made decisions away from lore and tried to tie them back into lore. considerin the repercussions of any action took
Originally, it was just writing backstories because those are the most fun part. Then I realized I wanted a cohesive story and accidentally let some eldritch horror seep in
Image links back to the artist's shop. A small pixelated drawing of a Mirror dragon. They fade from yellow to blue on their wings and head fins, with black hands and smoke markings on their wings. They are wearing a cowl and dress, which covers most of her body and head. For accessories, she also wears an ice pick and arctic bags. Various small snowflakes float around her. "Definitely an Issue."
They/Them ~ FR +0
Wishlist ~ Badges
Uh, have dragons, what can I do with them? I know, give them a bad time.
Uh, have dragons, what can I do with them? I know, give them a bad time.
Professional Grump

I live for memes
I do not have lore, but I want one soon [emoji=new friend size=1] I will maybe think of ideas
I do not have lore, but I want one soon I will maybe think of ideas
XI8Ptgx.jpg
The shade and also this comedy skit video I saw a bit back about a daycare for monster children. My Lore is basically an orphanage for abandoned misfits monsters and myths. But also I try to make as many "shade-touched" as possible. One of mine is even a golem that the shade corrupted and had to be bound by all the magics so he wouldn't corrupt soreinth
The shade and also this comedy skit video I saw a bit back about a daycare for monster children. My Lore is basically an orphanage for abandoned misfits monsters and myths. But also I try to make as many "shade-touched" as possible. One of mine is even a golem that the shade corrupted and had to be bound by all the magics so he wouldn't corrupt soreinth
Auction Guide pixel_cat_skull_facing_right_by_asralore-dbgee5t.pngLantern-_2.pngpixel_cat_skull_facing_left_by_asralore-dbgeebi.png Full Wishlist
The origin of my lore is just a joke that spiralled out of control and kept gaining lore the longer it went on.

The exact phrase that started it all is recorded in Wispy's bio!
"-And the next person to eat the carpet samples is getting THROWN OUT!"

The majority of things that gets added to my lore is simply because I think it would be funny.
The origin of my lore is just a joke that spiralled out of control and kept gaining lore the longer it went on.

The exact phrase that started it all is recorded in Wispy's bio!
"-And the next person to eat the carpet samples is getting THROWN OUT!"

The majority of things that gets added to my lore is simply because I think it would be funny.
z7ICUK0.png1xdmSDp.pngK6fmQCc.png
Originally, anyway - Aperture Science from Portal. Just a massive, sprawling underground lab full of weirdos.
Originally, anyway - Aperture Science from Portal. Just a massive, sprawling underground lab full of weirdos.
ZSHaQMJ.gif
vDmNeIH.png
I needed to be able to do two things: one, justify why my clan is almost entirely from one subspecies, and two, why a subspecies based on clowns would be in Earth of all places (and not, say, Wind). A traveling circus founded thousands upon thousands of years ago for the express purpose of making the Earthshaker laugh seemed like a fun route to go, so I took it.
I needed to be able to do two things: one, justify why my clan is almost entirely from one subspecies, and two, why a subspecies based on clowns would be in Earth of all places (and not, say, Wind). A traveling circus founded thousands upon thousands of years ago for the express purpose of making the Earthshaker laugh seemed like a fun route to go, so I took it.
tundra monolair (except when i'm not)
201576c98bceb8a8f26f4f51d994188f4d69cc59.gif5be2f71663585fac901386458cef7c37ddb9502e.gif
Erin Hunter
Erin Hunter
YOauEPv.gif[/url I never knew Flight Rising had a forum for the longest time. Now that I do, so far it's awesome.
I actually have a list of my inspirations in my lore thread! I pick out bits of inspiration from a lot of different sources since I feel like it makes me more satisfied with my lore to look back on things I've read, watched, etc, and see where I got my love for a particular character archetype, story structure, or worldbuilding aesthetic, etc [quote name="Topazal" date="2020-04-24 17:51:31" ][indent][font=Palatino Linotype][u]What are your inspirations for your lore?[/u][/indent] [font=Palatino Linotype][i]Ohhh, there's a lot! I'll list them all, and specific if I'm picking from them for themes*, worldbuilding**, or characterization***: --The Magnus Archives (Themes) --Lord Bung's Confinement series (Themes) --The Six of Crows duology (Themes, Worldbuilding, and Characterization) --The Eli Monpress series (Themes, Worldbuilding, and Characterization) --Snapcube's Real-Time Fandubs (Characterization) --WayneRadioTV's Half-Life VR: Self Aware AI Saga and Half-Life: Alyx Living Gnome series (Themes and Characterization) --Avatar: The Last Airbender and Avatar: Legend of Korra (Worldbuilding) --Homestuck (Characterization) --Undertale (Characterization) --Buzzfeed Unsolved: Supernatural (Themes) --Car Boys by Griffin McElroy and [redacted] (Themes and Worldbuilding) --Moomin, 1990 series (Themes and Worldbuilding) --Welcome to Nightvale (Themes and Worldbuilding) --Borderlands 2 (Themes) --Skyrim (Worldbuilding) --Warrior Cats, Into The Wild and Omen of the Stars arcs (Worldbuilding) --In Space with Markiplier (Themes) --D&D (Worldbuilding) --Sally Face (Themes and Characterization) --Hello Charlotte (Themes) --The Umbrella Academy seasons 1-2 (Characterization) --Far Cry 5 (Themes) If that looks like a lot, it's because it is! I take inspiration from a lot of different sources, and then translate what I enjoy from those sources into my own style of characters, plotlines, and themes. *Themes referring to the general theme and genre of my lore! Ex: Eldritch horror. **Worldbuilding referring to more concrete worldbuilding in my lore, like the visual aesthetics of a location, the setting, political and social structures, etc. ***Characterization referring to how I write my characters! I don't "steal" characters or personalities, but I use other materials to get a deeper understanding of how to make characters feel real, how different tropes can be used, and how to write behaviors and dialogue that sounds natural.[/i][/quote]
I actually have a list of my inspirations in my lore thread! I pick out bits of inspiration from a lot of different sources since I feel like it makes me more satisfied with my lore to look back on things I've read, watched, etc, and see where I got my love for a particular character archetype, story structure, or worldbuilding aesthetic, etc
Topazal wrote on 2020-04-24 17:51:31:
What are your inspirations for your lore?
Ohhh, there's a lot! I'll list them all, and specific if I'm picking from them for themes*, worldbuilding**, or characterization***:

--The Magnus Archives (Themes)
--Lord Bung's Confinement series (Themes)
--The Six of Crows duology (Themes, Worldbuilding, and Characterization)
--The Eli Monpress series (Themes, Worldbuilding, and Characterization)
--Snapcube's Real-Time Fandubs (Characterization)
--WayneRadioTV's Half-Life VR: Self Aware AI Saga and Half-Life: Alyx Living Gnome series (Themes and Characterization)
--Avatar: The Last Airbender and Avatar: Legend of Korra (Worldbuilding)
--Homestuck (Characterization)
--Undertale (Characterization)
--Buzzfeed Unsolved: Supernatural (Themes)
--Car Boys by Griffin McElroy and [redacted] (Themes and Worldbuilding)
--Moomin, 1990 series (Themes and Worldbuilding)
--Welcome to Nightvale (Themes and Worldbuilding)
--Borderlands 2 (Themes)
--Skyrim (Worldbuilding)
--Warrior Cats, Into The Wild and Omen of the Stars arcs (Worldbuilding)
--In Space with Markiplier (Themes)
--D&D (Worldbuilding)
--Sally Face (Themes and Characterization)
--Hello Charlotte (Themes)
--The Umbrella Academy seasons 1-2 (Characterization)
--Far Cry 5 (Themes)

If that looks like a lot, it's because it is! I take inspiration from a lot of different sources, and then translate what I enjoy from those sources into my own style of characters, plotlines, and themes.

*Themes referring to the general theme and genre of my lore! Ex: Eldritch horror.
**Worldbuilding referring to more concrete worldbuilding in my lore, like the visual aesthetics of a location, the setting, political and social structures, etc.
***Characterization referring to how I write my characters! I don't "steal" characters or personalities, but I use other materials to get a deeper understanding of how to make characters feel real, how different tropes can be used, and how to write behaviors and dialogue that sounds natural.
Scary Storybook [Lore] Progress Report
Shade Constructs [Lineage and Subspecies]
Sector 42 Hatchery [Lineage Dragons]
they/them, lore heavy lair, icicle
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8