Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | what inspired your clan lore?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I decided I wanted clan lore that fit together, but I thought inns were "too mainstream" (how silly of me!), so my dragons were a newspaper company for awhile. Some were reporters, some were writers, one was an artist and another used magic to copy text onto leaves of newspaper (cuz I didn't realize cameras and printing presses do exist in Sornieth, in theory), and I had a few who used hot air balloons to distribute them, and one who used a little advanced airship. (I had an airship, but not cameras or a printing press... shhh don't ask how my mind worked.)

I took a 3 year hiatus, then went on a lair purge, and I incorporated that into my lair -- in-universe readership of the paper dipped, so they became a disreputable tabloid, and many dragons left when they realized they didn't want to be part of a gossip magazine. They moved to the wispwillow grove to be a day spa (it's cold in the Tangled Wood!). When I moved to Earth flight, I incorporated that into the lore as well. And "incident" happened that tarnished their reputation, so they moved out of the Tangled Wood altogether and allied with a clan in Dragonhome, not too far from the border.

With the invention of the hibden, I can hold many more dragons than I ever could before, so now my lair is a town. Some dragons actually live outside of town, and some work in "Terraclae proper" (my town is a district that was condemned for being haunted). It's part aboveground and part underground. I'm working out lore for most of my dragons but slowwwly coming to terms with the idea that some dragons may simply exist as NPCs, unless I have a big role to fill, as well as the idea that some dragons with jobs that would obviously have more than one person doing them represent "invisible"/nonexistent "NPC" dragons in those roles (for example, I may have one waiter for the diner, but with the implication that there are other waiters on staff even if they're not real dragons in my lair).
I decided I wanted clan lore that fit together, but I thought inns were "too mainstream" (how silly of me!), so my dragons were a newspaper company for awhile. Some were reporters, some were writers, one was an artist and another used magic to copy text onto leaves of newspaper (cuz I didn't realize cameras and printing presses do exist in Sornieth, in theory), and I had a few who used hot air balloons to distribute them, and one who used a little advanced airship. (I had an airship, but not cameras or a printing press... shhh don't ask how my mind worked.)

I took a 3 year hiatus, then went on a lair purge, and I incorporated that into my lair -- in-universe readership of the paper dipped, so they became a disreputable tabloid, and many dragons left when they realized they didn't want to be part of a gossip magazine. They moved to the wispwillow grove to be a day spa (it's cold in the Tangled Wood!). When I moved to Earth flight, I incorporated that into the lore as well. And "incident" happened that tarnished their reputation, so they moved out of the Tangled Wood altogether and allied with a clan in Dragonhome, not too far from the border.

With the invention of the hibden, I can hold many more dragons than I ever could before, so now my lair is a town. Some dragons actually live outside of town, and some work in "Terraclae proper" (my town is a district that was condemned for being haunted). It's part aboveground and part underground. I'm working out lore for most of my dragons but slowwwly coming to terms with the idea that some dragons may simply exist as NPCs, unless I have a big role to fill, as well as the idea that some dragons with jobs that would obviously have more than one person doing them represent "invisible"/nonexistent "NPC" dragons in those roles (for example, I may have one waiter for the diner, but with the implication that there are other waiters on staff even if they're not real dragons in my lair).
Anim-spiral.gifx lore clan
spiral fan
rp friendly
for sale
free tiny buttons
xcorgi with feather pen
mine's largely inspired by the book Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer, in that its a bunch of strange people living on and studying a natural area thats home to some eldritch horror. there's also a lot of Warrior cat vibes with a small community thats built into nature with some supernatural/magic influences. its also inspired by flight rising official lore, especially with the geography and cultures of the different flights, but that comes out more in subtle ways than any major plot points
mine's largely inspired by the book Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer, in that its a bunch of strange people living on and studying a natural area thats home to some eldritch horror. there's also a lot of Warrior cat vibes with a small community thats built into nature with some supernatural/magic influences. its also inspired by flight rising official lore, especially with the geography and cultures of the different flights, but that comes out more in subtle ways than any major plot points
Sj6j121.png
zpmUYjD.png
mHG2UNd.png
Jd88XNq.png
FY88vH7.png A2n6lGl.png DlO6vXs.gif
eESLWsA.gif
I already have OC lore so I decided for FR I basically create a fusion of my OC lore and FR lore. As for my OC lore, it just happened I guess. I am a maladaptive daydreamer since I was a child and basically kept adding stuff until where I am now :D
I already have OC lore so I decided for FR I basically create a fusion of my OC lore and FR lore. As for my OC lore, it just happened I guess. I am a maladaptive daydreamer since I was a child and basically kept adding stuff until where I am now :D
SQVdsFh.png YUzmw5z.png
noHmDvU.png
5hF3FGk.png
tMJCj6N.png
dT9HQge.png
I coincidentally made a bunch of my dragons immortal/long-lived and figured I could thread them all together!
I coincidentally made a bunch of my dragons immortal/long-lived and figured I could thread them all together!
[quote name="@Eucyon" date="2023-07-30 20:18:43" ] [quote name="@Natron" date="2023-07-30 16:07:15" ] I'm gay and I love Egypt [/quote] I'm slightly less gay and I love Egypt but also Greece [/quote] [font=american gothic][size=4]I'm gay from a certain point of view and I love Egypt but also the [b]Terrors[/b] (-of the Bronze Age. Hittites, what are y'all doing)
@Eucyon wrote on 2023-07-30 20:18:43:
@Natron wrote on 2023-07-30 16:07:15:
I'm gay and I love Egypt

I'm slightly less gay and I love Egypt but also Greece
I'm gay from a certain point of view and I love Egypt but also the Terrors
(-of the Bronze Age. Hittites, what are y'all doing)
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
[quote name="Requacy" date="2023-11-18 10:16:27" ] [quote name="@/Eucyon" date="2023-07-30 20:18:43" ] [quote name="@/Natron" date="2023-07-30 16:07:15" ] I'm gay and I love Egypt [/quote] I'm slightly less gay and I love Egypt but also Greece [/quote] [font=american gothic][size=4]I'm gay from a certain point of view and I love Egypt but also the [b]Terrors[/b] (-of the Bronze Age. Hittites, what are y'all doing) [/quote] I love the convergently evolved personality similarities between all of us *wheezes*
Requacy wrote on 2023-11-18 10:16:27:
@/Eucyon wrote on 2023-07-30 20:18:43:
@/Natron wrote on 2023-07-30 16:07:15:
I'm gay and I love Egypt

I'm slightly less gay and I love Egypt but also Greece
I'm gay from a certain point of view and I love Egypt but also the Terrors
(-of the Bronze Age. Hittites, what are y'all doing)

I love the convergently evolved personality similarities between all of us *wheezes*
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Nothing because I can't be consistent or commit to anything[emoji=tundra scared size=1] everyone with solid lore is doing amazing in my eyes!
Nothing because I can't be consistent or commit to anything everyone with solid lore is doing amazing in my eyes!
raccoon.png
My originally planned lore was, no joke, based off of Stray Kids—down to the eight main dragons and whatever gang/mafia thing they have going on.

Now, though, my lore is turning into a kingdom where the king is a kitsune, slowly turning corrupt from childhood trauma that he thought had been forgotten forever :) its loosely inspired from a story i made when i was really little, so i guess its cool that i brought back something that had been sitting in a box for so long!
My originally planned lore was, no joke, based off of Stray Kids—down to the eight main dragons and whatever gang/mafia thing they have going on.

Now, though, my lore is turning into a kingdom where the king is a kitsune, slowly turning corrupt from childhood trauma that he thought had been forgotten forever :) its loosely inspired from a story i made when i was really little, so i guess its cool that i brought back something that had been sitting in a box for so long!
8GgdVkW.png
jv7C6g3.png
h5ct4ZF.png
E5fWRUt.png
XbjATWE.png
5hF3FGk.png
zjJ1agu.png pfsNEft.png
Purchase an Aztec inspired-boggy adopt! nYNcLTN.png
Well I based a lot of the clan lore off from the Plague Flight lore. Its the survival flight and there are nomads in the wasteland. I wanted my clan to be hardy and give me lore reasons for selling/exalting fodder dragons. Thus being Nomadic wanderers who rescue lost dragons from the Abiding Boneyard became my most base lore.
Well I based a lot of the clan lore off from the Plague Flight lore. Its the survival flight and there are nomads in the wasteland. I wanted my clan to be hardy and give me lore reasons for selling/exalting fodder dragons. Thus being Nomadic wanderers who rescue lost dragons from the Abiding Boneyard became my most base lore.
X0JktGl.png
I created this account as a Plague player, before moving to Arcane. Social behavior and cooperation (including looking after weaker members) is a legitimate survival strategy, boasted even by humans irl. So the band of misfits (hence, the Misfits) came together to survive in a harsh climate, and it kind of escalated from there into becoming a bustling trade, crafting, and science hub on the Arcane-Plague border. Who knew dragons find being in a group more preferable to trying to survive solo?
I created this account as a Plague player, before moving to Arcane. Social behavior and cooperation (including looking after weaker members) is a legitimate survival strategy, boasted even by humans irl. So the band of misfits (hence, the Misfits) came together to survive in a harsh climate, and it kind of escalated from there into becoming a bustling trade, crafting, and science hub on the Arcane-Plague border. Who knew dragons find being in a group more preferable to trying to survive solo?
o9Cn4yA.gifxpxalNl.gif4mo3Cj1.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8