Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change shock switch 1m achievement
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
[quote name="Aust" date="2023-07-18 17:45:45" ] [quote name="GlitchyOddy" date="2023-07-18 10:29:12" ] I'd like to also add that the runestones achievement still desperately needs an adjustment. For those of us with memory problems, it's just entirely impossible, if not requiring some EXTREMELY good luck. I can't remember symbols/specifics, the second the tiles turn over I can only vaguely remember the color and have to guess between the multiple tiles per color range and hope for the best. I do fine with the early levels, but once I have to remember and keep track of more than 5 tiles, I'm done, my brain fries and I can't remember anything. Just wanting to bring it up again so it doesn't get forgotten as we focus on shock switch right now! [/quote] I’m struggling with this one too! There are so many tiles and many colors and symbols are similar [/quote] i got the achievement by only remembering 5 or so tiles at a time and trying to match those specific ones, so if you can remember 5 try working with them! that being said i still think both game achievements need reworking, there's accessibility issues with both of them
Aust wrote on 2023-07-18 17:45:45:
GlitchyOddy wrote on 2023-07-18 10:29:12:
I'd like to also add that the runestones achievement still desperately needs an adjustment. For those of us with memory problems, it's just entirely impossible, if not requiring some EXTREMELY good luck.
I can't remember symbols/specifics, the second the tiles turn over I can only vaguely remember the color and have to guess between the multiple tiles per color range and hope for the best. I do fine with the early levels, but once I have to remember and keep track of more than 5 tiles, I'm done, my brain fries and I can't remember anything.

Just wanting to bring it up again so it doesn't get forgotten as we focus on shock switch right now!
I’m struggling with this one too! There are so many tiles and many colors and symbols are similar
i got the achievement by only remembering 5 or so tiles at a time and trying to match those specific ones, so if you can remember 5 try working with them!

that being said i still think both game achievements need reworking, there's accessibility issues with both of them
34788.png __ kai | he/they | FR+3
» selling / trading thread
» looking for accent wearers
[quote name="MissAri" date="2023-07-18 17:38:56" ] [quote name="Gryphire" date="2023-07-18 05:18:57" ] Don’t put words in our mouths. Saying cumulative is not what people want when nearly every post here since the change from 1 mil to 700k says exactly that. And saying the the achievement to play the game once for 2 seconds is cumulative???? Do you not know what the definition of cumulative is? [/quote] Lol, how hostile! [/quote] Calling it as I see it! I stand by that paragraph. [quote name="MissAri" date="2023-07-18 17:38:56" ] Players are asking for cumulative points because there are root issues with the game. We wouldn't need cumulative points if the game could be paused without risk of disconnect at the slightest flux in internet connectivity and if the speeds at lower levels was capped like the description says they are. Making the achievement easier and easier turns it into something that isn't worthwhile at all. Most of the achievements are already like this, and the easy Shock Switch achievement that requires no skill, time, or effort exists. Go do that one. … Again, this is why I advocate for fixing the core gameplay issues so that Shock Switch is fixed for everyone forever rather than JUST making the achievement easier. Offline mode means you could play in small reasonable doses without losing progress (similarly you could do a hard Jigsaw puzzle throughout the day- if people are allowed to bring up Runestones issues on a SS thread I'm allowed to bring up Jigsaw) and capping the speeds means that you could play at your own pace or even maintain level 30 so that you don't have to start from the beginning every time you want to make more progress. [/quote] I dunno if we have a language or culture barrier or something else because after reading this I am… very confused. When I say cumulative I mean, turning it more into an achievement like the Majong/Tidal trouble ones, there is a high score, I play as long as I can stand (roughly 15-20mins) at a time. I do that around 100 times before I get the total achievement score. If someone wants to put in more effort and reach the goal faster, good on them. People get this at their own pace. Your method (if I’m reading this right, I don’t know what this reference to lvl 30 is), slow game down to fair lvls, have saved games where if you fail you have a save point. People can leave and come back to the game so they can finish at their own pace. And my method is so easy it gets compared to booting up the game for 2 seconds? I honestly don’t see much different, I’d be just as happy with your method. [quote name="MissAri" date="2023-07-18 17:38:56" ] [quote]Making payouts higher wouldn’t change the waste of time I feel it is. [b]Sounds like that’s more a benefit for people who have an easy time with this achievement rather than those of us having trouble.[/b] Though I generally support upping payouts for ALL fairground’s games other than G&G to try and even it out. [/quote] See this is something that does rather affront me. Maxing out the Fairgrounds takes very little time with G&G. Like, spectacularly little time compared to every other Fairgrounds game. That's why it's almost everyone's game of choice. But here's the thing: I [i]hate[/i] playing G&G. You all love to talk about accessibility so let's talk accessibility- the repetitive clicking to play G&G makes MY joints flare up, it makes MY fingers and wrists hurt, and it knocks ME out of commission. … Yes, increasing the payout would benefit me as someone who has an easy time playing Shock Switch. Explain to me how that's a bad thing? [/quote] It’s not a bad thing. I said in the next sentence that I support raises payouts for ALL fairground games to be more in line with G&G. You think I like largely only playing G&G? It’s a useful chore, that’s all. And it’s a game that doesn’t punish you for blinking so better then switch shock imo. The bolded statement of mine was more a response to your comment about how less people would find the achievement a waste of time in the payout increased. I don’t agree, or it wouldn’t to me at least. I [i]hate[/i] switch shock, it could give me 75k in 10 mins and I wouldn’t care. It actively punishes you, you fail and your score is zero. That is a waste of time. (Also how does the game with no time limit hurt your wrist more than the one requiring a click every millisecond? Genuinely, I’m not trying to be rude here, that’s just so confusing. Not the wrist hurting part. G&G hurts mine too, I only G&G on tablet with no mouse anymore. But, like, you can take a moment to breathe in G&G)
MissAri wrote on 2023-07-18 17:38:56:
Gryphire wrote on 2023-07-18 05:18:57:
Don’t put words in our mouths. Saying cumulative is not what people want when nearly every post here since the change from 1 mil to 700k says exactly that. And saying the the achievement to play the game once for 2 seconds is cumulative???? Do you not know what the definition of cumulative is?

Lol, how hostile!

Calling it as I see it! I stand by that paragraph.
Players are asking for cumulative points because there are root issues with the game. We wouldn't need cumulative points if the game could be paused without risk of disconnect at the slightest flux in internet connectivity and if the speeds at lower levels was capped like the description says they are.

Making the achievement easier and easier turns it into something that isn't worthwhile at all. Most of the achievements are already like this, and the easy Shock Switch achievement that requires no skill, time, or effort exists. Go do that one.

Again, this is why I advocate for fixing the core gameplay issues so that Shock Switch is fixed for everyone forever rather than JUST making the achievement easier.

Offline mode means you could play in small reasonable doses without losing progress (similarly you could do a hard Jigsaw puzzle throughout the day- if people are allowed to bring up Runestones issues on a SS thread I'm allowed to bring up Jigsaw) and capping the speeds means that you could play at your own pace or even maintain level 30 so that you don't have to start from the beginning every time you want to make more progress.

I dunno if we have a language or culture barrier or something else because after reading this I am… very confused.

When I say cumulative I mean, turning it more into an achievement like the Majong/Tidal trouble ones, there is a high score, I play as long as I can stand (roughly 15-20mins) at a time. I do that around 100 times before I get the total achievement score. If someone wants to put in more effort and reach the goal faster, good on them. People get this at their own pace.

Your method (if I’m reading this right, I don’t know what this reference to lvl 30 is), slow game down to fair lvls, have saved games where if you fail you have a save point. People can leave and come back to the game so they can finish at their own pace.

And my method is so easy it gets compared to booting up the game for 2 seconds?

I honestly don’t see much different, I’d be just as happy with your method.
Quote:
Making payouts higher wouldn’t change the waste of time I feel it is. Sounds like that’s more a benefit for people who have an easy time with this achievement rather than those of us having trouble. Though I generally support upping payouts for ALL fairground’s games other than G&G to try and even it out.

See this is something that does rather affront me.

Maxing out the Fairgrounds takes very little time with G&G. Like, spectacularly little time compared to every other Fairgrounds game. That's why it's almost everyone's game of choice.

But here's the thing: I hate playing G&G. You all love to talk about accessibility so let's talk accessibility- the repetitive clicking to play G&G makes MY joints flare up, it makes MY fingers and wrists hurt, and it knocks ME out of commission.

Yes, increasing the payout would benefit me as someone who has an easy time playing Shock Switch. Explain to me how that's a bad thing?

It’s not a bad thing. I said in the next sentence that I support raises payouts for ALL fairground games to be more in line with G&G. You think I like largely only playing G&G? It’s a useful chore, that’s all. And it’s a game that doesn’t punish you for blinking so better then switch shock imo.

The bolded statement of mine was more a response to your comment about how less people would find the achievement a waste of time in the payout increased. I don’t agree, or it wouldn’t to me at least. I hate switch shock, it could give me 75k in 10 mins and I wouldn’t care. It actively punishes you, you fail and your score is zero. That is a waste of time.

(Also how does the game with no time limit hurt your wrist more than the one requiring a click every millisecond? Genuinely, I’m not trying to be rude here, that’s just so confusing. Not the wrist hurting part. G&G hurts mine too, I only G&G on tablet with no mouse anymore. But, like, you can take a moment to breathe in G&G)
gG13YVz.pngtumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
[quote name="Gryphire" date="2023-07-18 20:22:16" ] I dunno if we have a language or culture barrier or something else because after reading this I am… very confused. When I say cumulative I mean, turning it more into an achievement like the Majong/Tidal trouble ones, there is a high score, I play as long as I can stand (roughly 15-20mins) at a time. I do that around 100 times before I get the total achievement score. If someone wants to put in more effort and reach the goal faster, good on them. People get this at their own pace. Your method (if I’m reading this right, I don’t know what this reference to lvl 30 is), slow game down to fair lvls, have saved games where if you fail you have a save point. People can leave and come back to the game so they can finish at their own pace. [/quote] I think the disconnect here is due to our problem solving methods, and perspective on Shock Switch. [LIST] [*]Reported problem: Getting a high score for the Shock Switch achievement is difficult [*]Most common solution: Make the[i] achievement[/i] easier! Lower the score and/or make the points accumulate over multiple attempts [*]My solution: Make the [i]game[/i] easier, by implementing offline features and speed caps [/LIST] I actually like Shock Switch and I want its issues to be fixed and the gameplay improved so that more people play and enjoy it, not just do the achievement and never look back. [quote]And my method is so easy it gets compared to booting up the game for 2 seconds? [/quote] To me yeah, they are very similar! They both are easy and not fun. To be honest, most of the achievements are easy and not fun, and they're largely only difficult because they are tedious and time-consuming. My favourite achievement so far has been the Runestones one because it actually made me feel happy and accomplished to try and fail and struggle and, ultimately, succeed! But yeah overall the achievements are boring and so are the Fairgrounds games. I like Shock Switch because it's the most engaging/fast-paced option with keyboard controls, but it isn't something I would play unless I were trying to earn treasure. You compare G&G to a chore, and I agree- pretty much all of the Fairgrounds games are. I want the games on FR to be more fun and less punishing. Like, I still have the urge to go back to Neopets and play the dumb Hannah and Armin platformers, or that weird slippery game where you eat a bunch of jellies. Those are genuinely fun games, and I want that here. QOL improvements to the existing games are a step towards that, from my perspective. [quote] (Also how does the game with no time limit hurt your wrist more than the one requiring a click every millisecond? Genuinely, I’m not trying to be rude here, that’s just so confusing. Not the wrist hurting part. G&G hurts mine too, I only G&G on tablet with no mouse anymore. But, like, you can take a moment to breathe in G&G) [/quote] Nah it's okay, I'll try to explain as best I can. Generally I don't have issues with typing or repeated keystrokes unless I'm using a built-in laptop keyboard (very crappy and bad for your hand posture) or stretching my pinky to hit the "1" key too much. The latter only happens when I'm playing too hardcore in my MMO of choice. >_> For whatever reason, repeated mouse clicking and tapping on a touch screen just murders my right hand- specifically the bottom third of my pointer finger, sometimes extending down below the knuckle, will start to have a painful burning sensation if I'm clicking in rapid succession or over an extended period of time. Ice and wrist braces help somewhat but for the most part I just kind of avoid repeat clicking. Oh, and barely related but during SS I do my stretch breaks while the board clears after pressing "S." That animation takes forever, but it's a good reminder to stretch and get a drink. [s]Go to the bathroom. Do some dishes. Milk a cow. Animation is still going ~_~;[/s]
Gryphire wrote on 2023-07-18 20:22:16:
I dunno if we have a language or culture barrier or something else because after reading this I am… very confused.

When I say cumulative I mean, turning it more into an achievement like the Majong/Tidal trouble ones, there is a high score, I play as long as I can stand (roughly 15-20mins) at a time. I do that around 100 times before I get the total achievement score. If someone wants to put in more effort and reach the goal faster, good on them. People get this at their own pace.

Your method (if I’m reading this right, I don’t know what this reference to lvl 30 is), slow game down to fair lvls, have saved games where if you fail you have a save point. People can leave and come back to the game so they can finish at their own pace.

I think the disconnect here is due to our problem solving methods, and perspective on Shock Switch.
  • Reported problem: Getting a high score for the Shock Switch achievement is difficult
  • Most common solution: Make the achievement easier! Lower the score and/or make the points accumulate over multiple attempts
  • My solution: Make the game easier, by implementing offline features and speed caps

I actually like Shock Switch and I want its issues to be fixed and the gameplay improved so that more people play and enjoy it, not just do the achievement and never look back.
Quote:
And my method is so easy it gets compared to booting up the game for 2 seconds?

To me yeah, they are very similar! They both are easy and not fun. To be honest, most of the achievements are easy and not fun, and they're largely only difficult because they are tedious and time-consuming. My favourite achievement so far has been the Runestones one because it actually made me feel happy and accomplished to try and fail and struggle and, ultimately, succeed!

But yeah overall the achievements are boring and so are the Fairgrounds games.

I like Shock Switch because it's the most engaging/fast-paced option with keyboard controls, but it isn't something I would play unless I were trying to earn treasure. You compare G&G to a chore, and I agree- pretty much all of the Fairgrounds games are.

I want the games on FR to be more fun and less punishing. Like, I still have the urge to go back to Neopets and play the dumb Hannah and Armin platformers, or that weird slippery game where you eat a bunch of jellies. Those are genuinely fun games, and I want that here. QOL improvements to the existing games are a step towards that, from my perspective.
Quote:
(Also how does the game with no time limit hurt your wrist more than the one requiring a click every millisecond? Genuinely, I’m not trying to be rude here, that’s just so confusing. Not the wrist hurting part. G&G hurts mine too, I only G&G on tablet with no mouse anymore. But, like, you can take a moment to breathe in G&G)

Nah it's okay, I'll try to explain as best I can. Generally I don't have issues with typing or repeated keystrokes unless I'm using a built-in laptop keyboard (very crappy and bad for your hand posture) or stretching my pinky to hit the "1" key too much. The latter only happens when I'm playing too hardcore in my MMO of choice. >_>

For whatever reason, repeated mouse clicking and tapping on a touch screen just murders my right hand- specifically the bottom third of my pointer finger, sometimes extending down below the knuckle, will start to have a painful burning sensation if I'm clicking in rapid succession or over an extended period of time. Ice and wrist braces help somewhat but for the most part I just kind of avoid repeat clicking.

Oh, and barely related but during SS I do my stretch breaks while the board clears after pressing "S." That animation takes forever, but it's a good reminder to stretch and get a drink. Go to the bathroom. Do some dishes. Milk a cow. Animation is still going ~_~;
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
[quote name="MissAri" date="2023-07-18 23:36:20" ] I think the disconnect here is due to our problem solving methods, and perspective on Shock Switch. [LIST] [*]Reported problem: Getting a high score for the Shock Switch achievement is difficult [*]Most common solution: Make the[i] achievement[/i] easier! Lower the score and/or make the points accumulate over multiple attempts [*]My solution: Make the [i]game[/i] easier, by implementing offline features and speed caps [/LIST] I actually like Shock Switch and I want its issues to be fixed and the gameplay improved so that more people play and enjoy it, not just do the achievement and never look back.[/quote] While I definitely agree that the games can be and should be improved in some places, I still think that the points should be made cumulative. Why not both? They could have kept the 1mil achievement and just added 'or 10mil total' allowing users two ways to approach the achievement. The problem with [i]only[/i] streamlining the game does not actually fix all the core issues that people have with the achievement. I would rather not [i]have[/i] to get a massive score in a single game, or lose my entire progress because of a mistake. It would be better if our effort amounted to something and could at least add to a total. That way even if people keep trying for the higher score, if they can't reach it, eventually they could hit the total and obtain the achievement that way. Which would be deserving in and of itself because of the time and effort dedicated. Nobody was asking for them to make cumulative points easy, by any means. They could set it at a high goal, just allow us to steadily attack the achievement rather than be forced to pass or fail in one game.
MissAri wrote on 2023-07-18 23:36:20:
I think the disconnect here is due to our problem solving methods, and perspective on Shock Switch.
  • Reported problem: Getting a high score for the Shock Switch achievement is difficult
  • Most common solution: Make the achievement easier! Lower the score and/or make the points accumulate over multiple attempts
  • My solution: Make the game easier, by implementing offline features and speed caps

I actually like Shock Switch and I want its issues to be fixed and the gameplay improved so that more people play and enjoy it, not just do the achievement and never look back.

While I definitely agree that the games can be and should be improved in some places, I still think that the points should be made cumulative. Why not both? They could have kept the 1mil achievement and just added 'or 10mil total' allowing users two ways to approach the achievement. The problem with only streamlining the game does not actually fix all the core issues that people have with the achievement. I would rather not have to get a massive score in a single game, or lose my entire progress because of a mistake. It would be better if our effort amounted to something and could at least add to a total. That way even if people keep trying for the higher score, if they can't reach it, eventually they could hit the total and obtain the achievement that way. Which would be deserving in and of itself because of the time and effort dedicated. Nobody was asking for them to make cumulative points easy, by any means. They could set it at a high goal, just allow us to steadily attack the achievement rather than be forced to pass or fail in one game.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
Finally made it to within 50,000 points of the achievement since its lowering, but it's still incredibly frustrating to spend a full hour on playing and have next to nothing to show for it. (20,000 treasure? Really?) I really wish it was cumulative. But I guess I'll try again tomorrow.
Finally made it to within 50,000 points of the achievement since its lowering, but it's still incredibly frustrating to spend a full hour on playing and have next to nothing to show for it. (20,000 treasure? Really?) I really wish it was cumulative. But I guess I'll try again tomorrow.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
[quote name="snackeater" date="2023-07-18 19:59:40" ] [quote name="Aust" date="2023-07-18 17:45:45" ] [quote name="GlitchyOddy" date="2023-07-18 10:29:12" ] I'd like to also add that the runestones achievement still desperately needs an adjustment. For those of us with memory problems, it's just entirely impossible, if not requiring some EXTREMELY good luck. [...] [/quote] I’m struggling with this one too! There are so many tiles and many colors and symbols are similar [/quote] i got the achievement by only remembering 5 or so tiles at a time and trying to match those specific ones, so if you can remember 5 try working with them! that being said i still think both game achievements need reworking, there's accessibility issues with both of them [/quote] No comment on Shock Switch, but just want to add that I got the Runestones achievement by remembering only two tiles at a time (and playing in full screen). It took a few tries, and I did vaguely remember some of the other tiles, so I could clear other pairs here and there, but I only actively remembered two at a time.
snackeater wrote on 2023-07-18 19:59:40:
Aust wrote on 2023-07-18 17:45:45:
GlitchyOddy wrote on 2023-07-18 10:29:12:
I'd like to also add that the runestones achievement still desperately needs an adjustment. For those of us with memory problems, it's just entirely impossible, if not requiring some EXTREMELY good luck.
[...]
I’m struggling with this one too! There are so many tiles and many colors and symbols are similar
i got the achievement by only remembering 5 or so tiles at a time and trying to match those specific ones, so if you can remember 5 try working with them!

that being said i still think both game achievements need reworking, there's accessibility issues with both of them

No comment on Shock Switch, but just want to add that I got the Runestones achievement by remembering only two tiles at a time (and playing in full screen). It took a few tries, and I did vaguely remember some of the other tiles, so I could clear other pairs here and there, but I only actively remembered two at a time.
I wouldn't mind so much if the game was working as intended. Maybe they have a people working on fixing the speed bug, but as of right now this just isn't possible for me. Shock switch just does not make sense to me.

I've been trying to learn it, looking up guides, but for some reason I can't wrap my head around it. So if the speed cap specified on the lower levels was working, I wouldn't mind sinking upwards of an hour into getting the points in one sitting. But as it stands, I've tried and tried and I can't seem to make it, at any difficulty level.

So if we can fix the game, then I would be ok with keeping the achievement as is. Something that can be done more quickly with skill, or take a longer time if you're not as good. But if it's not going to get fixed relatively soon, then something needs to be done about the achievement
I wouldn't mind so much if the game was working as intended. Maybe they have a people working on fixing the speed bug, but as of right now this just isn't possible for me. Shock switch just does not make sense to me.

I've been trying to learn it, looking up guides, but for some reason I can't wrap my head around it. So if the speed cap specified on the lower levels was working, I wouldn't mind sinking upwards of an hour into getting the points in one sitting. But as it stands, I've tried and tried and I can't seem to make it, at any difficulty level.

So if we can fix the game, then I would be ok with keeping the achievement as is. Something that can be done more quickly with skill, or take a longer time if you're not as good. But if it's not going to get fixed relatively soon, then something needs to be done about the achievement
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
[quote name="vihuff" date="2023-07-19 00:56:03" ] While I definitely agree that the games can be and should be improved in some places, I still think that the points should be made cumulative. Why not both? They could have kept the 1mil achievement and just added 'or 10mil total' allowing users two ways to approach the achievement. The problem with [i]only[/i] streamlining the game does not actually fix all the core issues that people have with the achievement. I would rather not [i]have[/i] to get a massive score in a single game, or lose my entire progress because of a mistake. It would be better if our effort amounted to something and could at least add to a total. That way even if people keep trying for the higher score, if they can't reach it, eventually they could hit the total and obtain the achievement that way. Which would be deserving in and of itself because of the time and effort dedicated. Nobody was asking for them to make cumulative points easy, by any means. They could set it at a high goal, just allow us to steadily attack the achievement rather than be forced to pass or fail in one game. [/quote] I understand where you are coming from with the idea to make a cumulative option with a higher points total but like... can you honestly say you'd be happy with that? Not just happier than with the current situation, I mean does this actually sound like a fun/challenging/engaging achievement, or even one that you'd be happy to get? Because to me it sounds like for everyone who hates Shock Switch, a cumulative points achievement is going to be a miserable slog. And if I have to choose between "make an achievement so easy it is completely meaningless" and "make an achievement so challenging in its required repetitions that it becomes unfun about 1/5 of the way through" I'd probably just implement the easy one. Like, I don't feel more accomplished for playing 250 rounds of Higher or Lower compared to signing in on the Anniversary. One was just a lot more annoying. I think that the best achievements so far have been the RNG ones, lair/hibden expansions, exalting, most of the collecting achievements, and the high score fairgrounds ones.
vihuff wrote on 2023-07-19 00:56:03:
While I definitely agree that the games can be and should be improved in some places, I still think that the points should be made cumulative. Why not both? They could have kept the 1mil achievement and just added 'or 10mil total' allowing users two ways to approach the achievement. The problem with only streamlining the game does not actually fix all the core issues that people have with the achievement. I would rather not have to get a massive score in a single game, or lose my entire progress because of a mistake. It would be better if our effort amounted to something and could at least add to a total. That way even if people keep trying for the higher score, if they can't reach it, eventually they could hit the total and obtain the achievement that way. Which would be deserving in and of itself because of the time and effort dedicated. Nobody was asking for them to make cumulative points easy, by any means. They could set it at a high goal, just allow us to steadily attack the achievement rather than be forced to pass or fail in one game.

I understand where you are coming from with the idea to make a cumulative option with a higher points total but like... can you honestly say you'd be happy with that?

Not just happier than with the current situation, I mean does this actually sound like a fun/challenging/engaging achievement, or even one that you'd be happy to get?

Because to me it sounds like for everyone who hates Shock Switch, a cumulative points achievement is going to be a miserable slog. And if I have to choose between "make an achievement so easy it is completely meaningless" and "make an achievement so challenging in its required repetitions that it becomes unfun about 1/5 of the way through" I'd probably just implement the easy one.

Like, I don't feel more accomplished for playing 250 rounds of Higher or Lower compared to signing in on the Anniversary. One was just a lot more annoying.

I think that the best achievements so far have been the RNG ones, lair/hibden expansions, exalting, most of the collecting achievements, and the high score fairgrounds ones.
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
This was the absolute furthest I could reach, my stress levels are through the roof. I this was on Easy as some suggested, and I was very much focused. I do not feel well so I will be resting for the remainder of the day. This was for testing and I will not be trying again for safety, don't worry. Please do not push yourself to do this if you have ANY discomfort. [center][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/924465641065427014/1131708180762742836/Screenshot_20230720_170112_Iceraven.png[/img][/center] I'm sure that I could have made it further were the speed not bugged, but I was struggling to process anything at the 200k point. It doesn't matter if I could have done it if the price paid is an actual physical and mental toll. Please understand that for some, this is not a matter of focus, effort, being bad at the game, or anything relevant to skill. For those of us with certain disabilities, this is a genuine barrier that we cannot break without physical, mental, or emotional risk, if at all. That is not a price that should have to be paid for an achievement. I need to also remind that while fixing the game would be very helpful for those that are struggling with speed cap and internet issues, that would NOT fix the issue for those that are having wrist issues. The time spent doing a repetitive task is the issue in those cases. (I apologize if this is worded bluntly or comes off as rude or something, I just want to be clear with my words) Edited to fix formatting Edit 2: Excited to try with the speed bug fixed, thank you! This may work now, I'll give it another shot. I'm not sure how early on the speed bug caused issue, so I might be able to process? We'll see, I'll nope out if it gets difficult c: I do still think it's worth considering some kind of alternative cumulative goal for those with wrist issues as well though, and the connection stuff of course
This was the absolute furthest I could reach, my stress levels are through the roof. I this was on Easy as some suggested, and I was very much focused. I do not feel well so I will be resting for the remainder of the day. This was for testing and I will not be trying again for safety, don't worry.
Please do not push yourself to do this if you have ANY discomfort.
Screenshot_20230720_170112_Iceraven.png

I'm sure that I could have made it further were the speed not bugged, but I was struggling to process anything at the 200k point. It doesn't matter if I could have done it if the price paid is an actual physical and mental toll.

Please understand that for some, this is not a matter of focus, effort, being bad at the game, or anything relevant to skill. For those of us with certain disabilities, this is a genuine barrier that we cannot break without physical, mental, or emotional risk, if at all. That is not a price that should have to be paid for an achievement.

I need to also remind that while fixing the game would be very helpful for those that are struggling with speed cap and internet issues, that would NOT fix the issue for those that are having wrist issues. The time spent doing a repetitive task is the issue in those cases.

(I apologize if this is worded bluntly or comes off as rude or something, I just want to be clear with my words)
Edited to fix formatting

Edit 2: Excited to try with the speed bug fixed, thank you! This may work now, I'll give it another shot. I'm not sure how early on the speed bug caused issue, so I might be able to process? We'll see, I'll nope out if it gets difficult c:
I do still think it's worth considering some kind of alternative cumulative goal for those with wrist issues as well though, and the connection stuff of course
image20.jpg
Now that the speed glitch is fixed, I've gotten the achievement! It took an hour and thirty minutes on Easy but I'm just pleased :)

Still very difficult I imagine for people with internet issues so hopefully an offline mode will be possible, but now that the game's actually working (after 10 years haha..) I'm much happier.
Now that the speed glitch is fixed, I've gotten the achievement! It took an hour and thirty minutes on Easy but I'm just pleased :)

Still very difficult I imagine for people with internet issues so hopefully an offline mode will be possible, but now that the game's actually working (after 10 years haha..) I'm much happier.
a5182e8c1dd986ebec2d3abf1235ddf1cfa8f6d6.gif
xx

In my bones and blood you can hear the waves:
xxthey do not cease their pounding on the shore.
xxThe salt in me is the salt of seas:
flinch not before the horrors of the world!

xx

he/him, nêhiyaw, FR+3
xxxxcarrd
xxxxclan intro
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20