Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change shock switch 1m achievement
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
With the change I was able to complete this achievement however I still think making it cumulative is a better idea than simply dropping the points requirement, as this still punishes people with internet connection problems and disabilities.
With the change I was able to complete this achievement however I still think making it cumulative is a better idea than simply dropping the points requirement, as this still punishes people with internet connection problems and disabilities.
jCVhFoZ.gif
Why is there an easy setting? It’s not. One of the biggest lies I’ve ever seen in my life. I got up to 479,000~ on “easy” and the blocks were bumping up every second. I cannot fathom getting higher than 500k. Not to mention 40 mins of my life was just completely wasted with that failure. Please staff, if at all possible, make this cumulative. 1 billion cumulative I don’t care, as long as it is cumulative
Why is there an easy setting? It’s not. One of the biggest lies I’ve ever seen in my life. I got up to 479,000~ on “easy” and the blocks were bumping up every second. I cannot fathom getting higher than 500k. Not to mention 40 mins of my life was just completely wasted with that failure. Please staff, if at all possible, make this cumulative. 1 billion cumulative I don’t care, as long as it is cumulative
gG13YVz.pngtumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
The lowering of the score did not really fix or address the problems people have with the achievement in the first place. The main problem is the overly long time commitment and risk of time outs.

Cumulative score is still the best solution for all parties provided.
The lowering of the score did not really fix or address the problems people have with the achievement in the first place. The main problem is the overly long time commitment and risk of time outs.

Cumulative score is still the best solution for all parties provided.
m5kNycY.pngFMdbyfP.pnge3svukl.pngLSkUnqX.png
Implementing an offline mode that isn't reliant on internet connection until it's time to end the game/get your treasure payout would make a huge portion of the playerbase very happy. The gameplay should absolutely match the game description and limit the speeds at easier modes. Increase the treasure payout so that it is actually worthwhile to play and doesn't feel like a waste of time. These, to me, are valid complaints that can be addressed with Shock Switch and other fairgrounds games achievements. But further lowering the score or making it cumulative will not fix things when the achievement you're basically asking for already exists: [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/20e52673d8d15dd3c36df94172c8446b/15afaa72d848c467-2d/s500x750/70e74309e1dfa98f297c4e9aa9f6dde2a77d0a87.png[/img] [emoji=coatl deadpan size=1] For the record, the time commitment has nearly been halved; it takes about 13-14 minutes instead of 20-ish.
Implementing an offline mode that isn't reliant on internet connection until it's time to end the game/get your treasure payout would make a huge portion of the playerbase very happy. The gameplay should absolutely match the game description and limit the speeds at easier modes. Increase the treasure payout so that it is actually worthwhile to play and doesn't feel like a waste of time. These, to me, are valid complaints that can be addressed with Shock Switch and other fairgrounds games achievements.

But further lowering the score or making it cumulative will not fix things when the achievement you're basically asking for already exists:

70e74309e1dfa98f297c4e9aa9f6dde2a77d0a87.png

For the record, the time commitment has nearly been halved; it takes about 13-14 minutes instead of 20-ish.
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
[quote name="MissAri" date="2023-07-18 03:10:12" ] But further lowering the score or making it cumulative will not fix things when the achievement you're basically asking for already exists: [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/20e52673d8d15dd3c36df94172c8446b/15afaa72d848c467-2d/s500x750/70e74309e1dfa98f297c4e9aa9f6dde2a77d0a87.png[/img] [emoji=coatl deadpan size=1] For the record, the time commitment has nearly been halved; it takes about 13-14 minutes instead of 20-ish. [/quote] Don’t put words in our mouths. Saying cumulative is not what people want when nearly every post here since the change from 1 mil to 700k says exactly that. And saying the the achievement to play the game once for 2 seconds is cumulative???? Do you not know what the definition of cumulative is? [quote]For the record, the time commitment has nearly been halved; it takes about 13-14 minutes instead of 20-ish.[/quote] Saying the time is cut nearly in half is straight lie. Saying it only takes 15 mins without specifying that is for Very Hard ONLY is a huge misdirection. I spent at least 40 minutes on Easy and still had over 200k to go. Slowing down the game to limits might make it possible but doesn’t take away the massive single time commitment (and it still result in failure) on something I very much don’t like. Which is why I want cumulative, smaller, more reasonable doses are preferred. Making payouts higher wouldn’t change the waste of time I feel it is. Sounds like that’s more a benefit for people who have an easy time with this achievement rather than those of us having trouble. Though I generally support upping payouts for ALL fairground’s games other than G&G to try and even it out.
MissAri wrote on 2023-07-18 03:10:12:
But further lowering the score or making it cumulative will not fix things when the achievement you're basically asking for already exists:

70e74309e1dfa98f297c4e9aa9f6dde2a77d0a87.png

For the record, the time commitment has nearly been halved; it takes about 13-14 minutes instead of 20-ish.

Don’t put words in our mouths. Saying cumulative is not what people want when nearly every post here since the change from 1 mil to 700k says exactly that. And saying the the achievement to play the game once for 2 seconds is cumulative???? Do you not know what the definition of cumulative is?

Quote:
Saying the time is cut nearly in half is straight lie. Saying it only takes 15 mins without specifying that is for Very Hard ONLY is a huge misdirection. I spent at least 40 minutes on Easy and still had over 200k to go.

Slowing down the game to limits might make it possible but doesn’t take away the massive single time commitment (and it still result in failure) on something I very much don’t like. Which is why I want cumulative, smaller, more reasonable doses are preferred. Making payouts higher wouldn’t change the waste of time I feel it is. Sounds like that’s more a benefit for people who have an easy time with this achievement rather than those of us having trouble. Though I generally support upping payouts for ALL fairground’s games other than G&G to try and even it out.
gG13YVz.pngtumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
There's also the issue of when the connection goes down (not my internet, it was just FR). I wasn't even close to the goal but would have been really really mad if I had.
There's also the issue of when the connection goes down (not my internet, it was just FR). I wasn't even close to the goal but would have been really really mad if I had.
QGlDrIs.png Q5eZhV2.png
I'd like to also add that the runestones achievement still desperately needs an adjustment. For those of us with memory problems, it's just entirely impossible, if not requiring some EXTREMELY good luck.
I can't remember symbols/specifics, the second the tiles turn over I can only vaguely remember the color and have to guess between the multiple tiles per color range and hope for the best. I do fine with the early levels, but once I have to remember and keep track of more than 5 tiles, I'm done, my brain fries and I can't remember anything.

Just wanting to bring it up again so it doesn't get forgotten as we focus on shock switch right now!
I'd like to also add that the runestones achievement still desperately needs an adjustment. For those of us with memory problems, it's just entirely impossible, if not requiring some EXTREMELY good luck.
I can't remember symbols/specifics, the second the tiles turn over I can only vaguely remember the color and have to guess between the multiple tiles per color range and hope for the best. I do fine with the early levels, but once I have to remember and keep track of more than 5 tiles, I'm done, my brain fries and I can't remember anything.

Just wanting to bring it up again so it doesn't get forgotten as we focus on shock switch right now!
image20.jpg
[quote name="Gryphire" date="2023-07-18 05:18:57" ] Don’t put words in our mouths. Saying cumulative is not what people want when nearly every post here since the change from 1 mil to 700k says exactly that. And saying the the achievement to play the game once for 2 seconds is cumulative???? Do you not know what the definition of cumulative is? [/quote] Lol, how hostile! Players are asking for cumulative points because there are root issues with the game. We wouldn't need cumulative points if the game could be paused without risk of disconnect at the slightest flux in internet connectivity and if the speeds at lower levels was capped like the description says they are. Making the achievement easier and easier turns it into something that isn't worthwhile at all. Most of the achievements are already like this, and the easy Shock Switch achievement that requires no skill, time, or effort exists. Go do that one. [quote]Saying the time is cut nearly in half is straight lie. Saying it only takes 15 mins without specifying that is for Very Hard ONLY is a huge misdirection. I spent at least 40 minutes on Easy and still had over 200k to go. [/quote] Except I've mentioned in various other posts already that I play on Very Hard and at a certain point I feel that repeatedly bringing it up reads as, "Look everyone, I'm really good at Shock Switch! I play on Very Hard! It takes me 20 minutes to do what you guys can't do in a hour! Sucks to suck!" Like, yes obviously if you want to hit the 700,000-1mil points super quickly you play on Very Hard. But reading through the developer thread the general response has shifted from "I played for 40-80 minutes and still didn't get the achievement" to "I got it in 30-40 minutes!" so between those results and my own play testing, yes I would say that the time sink has been, roughly, halved. [quote]Slowing down the game to limits might make it possible but doesn’t take away the massive single time commitment (and it still result in failure) on something I very much don’t like. Which is why I want cumulative, smaller, more reasonable doses are preferred.[/quote] Again, this is why I advocate for fixing the core gameplay issues so that Shock Switch is fixed for everyone forever rather than JUST making the achievement easier. Offline mode means you could play in small reasonable doses without losing progress (similarly you could do a hard Jigsaw puzzle throughout the day- if people are allowed to bring up Runestones issues on a SS thread I'm allowed to bring up Jigsaw) and capping the speeds means that you could play at your own pace or even maintain level 30 so that you don't have to start from the beginning every time you want to make more progress. [quote]Making payouts higher wouldn’t change the waste of time I feel it is. [b]Sounds like that’s more a benefit for people who have an easy time with this achievement rather than those of us having trouble.[/b] Though I generally support upping payouts for ALL fairground’s games other than G&G to try and even it out. [/quote] See this is something that does rather affront me. Maxing out the Fairgrounds takes very little time with G&G. Like, spectacularly little time compared to every other Fairgrounds game. That's why it's almost everyone's game of choice. But here's the thing: I [i]hate[/i] playing G&G. You all love to talk about accessibility so let's talk accessibility- the repetitive clicking to play G&G makes MY joints flare up, it makes MY fingers and wrists hurt, and it knocks ME out of commission. G&G takes 13-20 minutes to hit 75kt. I personally cannot do 13-20 minutes of repeat clicks. My options are to space it out throughout the day, making it rather inefficient, or to hunker down and play Shock Switch for a good chunk of time. Well, 13-20 minutes of playing Shock Switch on Very Hard gives you about 14kt. 40 minutes will get you about 45kt. So I have to play for about an hour and a half to get the same reward that someone else can get in 15 minutes of G&G. Yes, increasing the payout would benefit me as someone who has an easy time playing Shock Switch. Explain to me how that's a bad thing?
Gryphire wrote on 2023-07-18 05:18:57:
Don’t put words in our mouths. Saying cumulative is not what people want when nearly every post here since the change from 1 mil to 700k says exactly that. And saying the the achievement to play the game once for 2 seconds is cumulative???? Do you not know what the definition of cumulative is?

Lol, how hostile!

Players are asking for cumulative points because there are root issues with the game. We wouldn't need cumulative points if the game could be paused without risk of disconnect at the slightest flux in internet connectivity and if the speeds at lower levels was capped like the description says they are.

Making the achievement easier and easier turns it into something that isn't worthwhile at all. Most of the achievements are already like this, and the easy Shock Switch achievement that requires no skill, time, or effort exists. Go do that one.

Quote:
Saying the time is cut nearly in half is straight lie. Saying it only takes 15 mins without specifying that is for Very Hard ONLY is a huge misdirection. I spent at least 40 minutes on Easy and still had over 200k to go.

Except I've mentioned in various other posts already that I play on Very Hard and at a certain point I feel that repeatedly bringing it up reads as, "Look everyone, I'm really good at Shock Switch! I play on Very Hard! It takes me 20 minutes to do what you guys can't do in a hour! Sucks to suck!" Like, yes obviously if you want to hit the 700,000-1mil points super quickly you play on Very Hard. But reading through the developer thread the general response has shifted from "I played for 40-80 minutes and still didn't get the achievement" to "I got it in 30-40 minutes!" so between those results and my own play testing, yes I would say that the time sink has been, roughly, halved.

Quote:
Slowing down the game to limits might make it possible but doesn’t take away the massive single time commitment (and it still result in failure) on something I very much don’t like. Which is why I want cumulative, smaller, more reasonable doses are preferred.

Again, this is why I advocate for fixing the core gameplay issues so that Shock Switch is fixed for everyone forever rather than JUST making the achievement easier.

Offline mode means you could play in small reasonable doses without losing progress (similarly you could do a hard Jigsaw puzzle throughout the day- if people are allowed to bring up Runestones issues on a SS thread I'm allowed to bring up Jigsaw) and capping the speeds means that you could play at your own pace or even maintain level 30 so that you don't have to start from the beginning every time you want to make more progress.

Quote:
Making payouts higher wouldn’t change the waste of time I feel it is. Sounds like that’s more a benefit for people who have an easy time with this achievement rather than those of us having trouble. Though I generally support upping payouts for ALL fairground’s games other than G&G to try and even it out.

See this is something that does rather affront me.

Maxing out the Fairgrounds takes very little time with G&G. Like, spectacularly little time compared to every other Fairgrounds game. That's why it's almost everyone's game of choice.

But here's the thing: I hate playing G&G. You all love to talk about accessibility so let's talk accessibility- the repetitive clicking to play G&G makes MY joints flare up, it makes MY fingers and wrists hurt, and it knocks ME out of commission.

G&G takes 13-20 minutes to hit 75kt. I personally cannot do 13-20 minutes of repeat clicks. My options are to space it out throughout the day, making it rather inefficient, or to hunker down and play Shock Switch for a good chunk of time.

Well, 13-20 minutes of playing Shock Switch on Very Hard gives you about 14kt. 40 minutes will get you about 45kt. So I have to play for about an hour and a half to get the same reward that someone else can get in 15 minutes of G&G.

Yes, increasing the payout would benefit me as someone who has an easy time playing Shock Switch. Explain to me how that's a bad thing?
M i s s A r i #29593
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
[quote name="GlitchyOddy" date="2023-07-18 10:29:12" ] I'd like to also add that the runestones achievement still desperately needs an adjustment. For those of us with memory problems, it's just entirely impossible, if not requiring some EXTREMELY good luck. I can't remember symbols/specifics, the second the tiles turn over I can only vaguely remember the color and have to guess between the multiple tiles per color range and hope for the best. I do fine with the early levels, but once I have to remember and keep track of more than 5 tiles, I'm done, my brain fries and I can't remember anything. Just wanting to bring it up again so it doesn't get forgotten as we focus on shock switch right now! [/quote] I’m struggling with this one too! There are so many tiles and many colors and symbols are similar
GlitchyOddy wrote on 2023-07-18 10:29:12:

I’m struggling with this one too! There are so many tiles and many colors and symbols are similar
[quote name="Aust" date="2023-07-18 17:45:45" ] [quote name="GlitchyOddy" date="2023-07-18 10:29:12" ] I'd like to also add that the runestones achievement still desperately needs an adjustment. For those of us with memory problems, it's just entirely impossible, if not requiring some EXTREMELY good luck. I can't remember symbols/specifics, the second the tiles turn over I can only vaguely remember the color and have to guess between the multiple tiles per color range and hope for the best. I do fine with the early levels, but once I have to remember and keep track of more than 5 tiles, I'm done, my brain fries and I can't remember anything. Just wanting to bring it up again so it doesn't get forgotten as we focus on shock switch right now! [/quote] I’m struggling with this one too! There are so many tiles and many colors and symbols are similar [/quote] For what it's worth, it helps to find a song with a good beat to get you in focus mode, and to say the tile names out loud. Try to get fast at the really early levels, because the time bonus is where all the points come from. And then you just need a few lucky breaks with matching tiles near each other on the boards with more tiles in play. Best of luck! <3
Aust wrote on 2023-07-18 17:45:45:
GlitchyOddy wrote on 2023-07-18 10:29:12:

I’m struggling with this one too! There are so many tiles and many colors and symbols are similar

For what it's worth, it helps to find a song with a good beat to get you in focus mode, and to say the tile names out loud. Try to get fast at the really early levels, because the time bonus is where all the points come from. And then you just need a few lucky breaks with matching tiles near each other on the boards with more tiles in play. Best of luck! <3
M i s s A r i #29593
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20