Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change shock switch 1m achievement
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
[quote name="Contaminate" date="2023-07-14 18:05:06" ] Shock Switch is egregarious because it requires like 45+min of consecutive playtime no matter what difficulty you select. its just mind melting and not that fun [/quote] This isn't even true. It takes about 20 minutes on Very Hard if you play skillfully/competently.
Contaminate wrote on 2023-07-14 18:05:06:
Shock Switch is egregarious because it requires like 45+min of consecutive playtime no matter what difficulty you select. its just mind melting and not that fun

This isn't even true. It takes about 20 minutes on Very Hard if you play skillfully/competently.
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
I'd really like to see it just changed to an either or. Just make it 1 mil in one game or 10 mil consecutive. It's still a massive goal but makes it so people have two different ways to accomplish it. Those that can't do it all in one sitting can take on the undertaking of accumulating massive amounts of points over time.

As for the question about 'what about people who already got the achievement', they'd still have it. They wouldn't lose it. The staff would just add in the ability to accrue points over time, similar to how the site tracks treasure and activities over time, and then change the text of the achievement. Nobody would lose their progress, it just means that those that would rather play the long game could start doing so.
I'd really like to see it just changed to an either or. Just make it 1 mil in one game or 10 mil consecutive. It's still a massive goal but makes it so people have two different ways to accomplish it. Those that can't do it all in one sitting can take on the undertaking of accumulating massive amounts of points over time.

As for the question about 'what about people who already got the achievement', they'd still have it. They wouldn't lose it. The staff would just add in the ability to accrue points over time, similar to how the site tracks treasure and activities over time, and then change the text of the achievement. Nobody would lose their progress, it just means that those that would rather play the long game could start doing so.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
[quote name="MissAri" date="2023-07-14 15:44:32" ] [quote name="Wookieinmashoo" date="2023-07-14 05:28:18" ] After attempting this achievement, I've changed my mind, it's awful. My power where i live randomly goes out and outside of moving that's 100% outside my control. If there were a save feature then yes, it would be fine, but there isn't. This achievement and the 50k runestone one are heavily reliant on the user's internet/power and physical/mental abilities. My memory, even short term, is terrible. I'm not even attempting to get the 50k because I struggle with just getting the daily 5 stage. With how FR is aiming to me accessible and inclusive, these two achievements go against that, and I'm wondering how they how they got the okay to be used. [/quote] ... Look, there's some valid complaints in the 15 pages here but this isn't one of them [emoji=coatl confused size=1] The [i]online browser game[/i] requiring an internet connection is not an accessibility or inclusivity issue. That'd be like complaining that a Playstation game requires you to have a Playstation. Like, I am sorry your internet is spotty- I've been there, and there is probably nothing quite so rage inducing on FR as getting through 90% of a Hard jigsaw puzzle and having the connection dip for a split second. That isn't FR's fault though. [/quote] I think you misunderstood what I wrote. It's not the site owners fault there are issues with connection. I don't know how you got to that conclusion? The achievements are reliant on connection or power to be steady. It's an oversight compared to the others. Maybe accessible is the wrong word to use here? This is the issues people have with the achievement. [quote name="Contaminate" date="2023-07-14 18:05:06" ] I got the 50k in like 6 or 7 minutes of playing it. You can just spam the tries, its not like there's any penalties for guessing wrong [/quote] I have tried spamming the tiles, it's not working, do you have any other suggestions? I have tried, and my best attempt was about that much time and didn't even get close. How are you getting that much? I don't plan on getting these achievements, I have tried and I don't expect to get these achievements. It's fine, I just wish they were different.
MissAri wrote on 2023-07-14 15:44:32:
Wookieinmashoo wrote on 2023-07-14 05:28:18:
After attempting this achievement, I've changed my mind, it's awful. My power where i live randomly goes out and outside of moving that's 100% outside my control. If there were a save feature then yes, it would be fine, but there isn't. This achievement and the 50k runestone one are heavily reliant on the user's internet/power and physical/mental abilities. My memory, even short term, is terrible. I'm not even attempting to get the 50k because I struggle with just getting the daily 5 stage.

With how FR is aiming to me accessible and inclusive, these two achievements go against that, and I'm wondering how they how they got the okay to be used.

... Look, there's some valid complaints in the 15 pages here but this isn't one of them

The online browser game requiring an internet connection is not an accessibility or inclusivity issue. That'd be like complaining that a Playstation game requires you to have a Playstation. Like, I am sorry your internet is spotty- I've been there, and there is probably nothing quite so rage inducing on FR as getting through 90% of a Hard jigsaw puzzle and having the connection dip for a split second. That isn't FR's fault though.

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. It's not the site owners fault there are issues with connection. I don't know how you got to that conclusion? The achievements are reliant on connection or power to be steady. It's an oversight compared to the others. Maybe accessible is the wrong word to use here? This is the issues people have with the achievement.
I got the 50k in like 6 or 7 minutes of playing it. You can just spam the tries, its not like there's any penalties for guessing wrong

I have tried spamming the tiles, it's not working, do you have any other suggestions? I have tried, and my best attempt was about that much time and didn't even get close. How are you getting that much?

I don't plan on getting these achievements, I have tried and I don't expect to get these achievements. It's fine, I just wish they were different.
Art Thread
Skins and Accent Thread
I'd just like to pop in and copy-paste my little tip/guide on getting this achievement because 1 Million Points really does feel very unattainable. However - and I say this VERY GENTLY with no mean tone! - that is because we are not good at Shock Switch, lol.

Like, I am TERRIBLE at it. I can't do it on Very Hard. Yet, one day, after learning through trial and error how to maximize my points/longevity in the game, I sat down and one shot this achievement! Here is my post:

Quote:
So, after making a lot of attempts over the past few weeks, I finally got this achievement and learned some valuable tricks that helped me do it:

• Do it on Easy mode. It's the best mode to try, imo. The harder modes are too difficult. This is a "slow and steady wins the race" kind of deal.
  • The game freezes when you make a match. Capitalize on that and keep chaining matches as long as you can to buy yourself scrolling time.
  • Setting up huge chain reactions is fun but not the way in later speeds. After a short while you simply have to switch to "match as many and as fast as I can".
  • Save your S ability for dire moments. Past 20 minutes I developed a strategy of "survive until I charge my bar again". I wound up using the S ability 3-4 times to save my skin!
  • At higher speeds it's really easy to misclick and you WILL misclick. Keep going and don't get overwhelmed. This is one of the reasons I saved my S ability.

I've also posted this as a comment on the Achievement's page to help as many people as possible, but with a longer character limit here, I can elaborate better:

If you mess up a switch don't keep trying that switch. Move onto another one. This helped me reduce panic-clicking and tunnel vision.

Try to ignore your score, lol. I don't know why this helped but just focusing on matching and surviving while occasionally checking on my progress was way better for my focus than going "DID I DO IT YET?" every five minutes.

Pause if you need to take a breath. Frustration, misclicking a lot, etc, just pause! Take a long breath, walk around a little, then go back to it.

Today I sat down and ONE SHOT this achievement using these tricks. I am TERRIBLE at Shock Switch. If I can pull that off, I think you can too! Good luck, I believe in y'all!

If you're really, really good at this game and want to do it on the harder modes, go ahead! But I personally could only get to like 500k on Hard/Very Hard no matter what I did. Doing it on Easy took about an hour and ten minutes, but now I am DONE having to try to get that score, so it was worth it!

This will unfortunately take an hour. So people with unreliable connections...I am sorry that this achievement may be out of your reach :(. You could however probably apply these tips to Very Hard and just...train yourself, and get better at the game (which, again, I'm not trying to sound mean! I could NOT do Very Hard, so "practice and get better" is not actually my advice here, but if you see yourself improving with every attempt keep trying because you actually ARE getting better in that case :D).

Best of luck to all of you.

I'll never get 50k in Runestones, LOL.
I'd just like to pop in and copy-paste my little tip/guide on getting this achievement because 1 Million Points really does feel very unattainable. However - and I say this VERY GENTLY with no mean tone! - that is because we are not good at Shock Switch, lol.

Like, I am TERRIBLE at it. I can't do it on Very Hard. Yet, one day, after learning through trial and error how to maximize my points/longevity in the game, I sat down and one shot this achievement! Here is my post:

Quote:
So, after making a lot of attempts over the past few weeks, I finally got this achievement and learned some valuable tricks that helped me do it:

• Do it on Easy mode. It's the best mode to try, imo. The harder modes are too difficult. This is a "slow and steady wins the race" kind of deal.
  • The game freezes when you make a match. Capitalize on that and keep chaining matches as long as you can to buy yourself scrolling time.
  • Setting up huge chain reactions is fun but not the way in later speeds. After a short while you simply have to switch to "match as many and as fast as I can".
  • Save your S ability for dire moments. Past 20 minutes I developed a strategy of "survive until I charge my bar again". I wound up using the S ability 3-4 times to save my skin!
  • At higher speeds it's really easy to misclick and you WILL misclick. Keep going and don't get overwhelmed. This is one of the reasons I saved my S ability.

I've also posted this as a comment on the Achievement's page to help as many people as possible, but with a longer character limit here, I can elaborate better:

If you mess up a switch don't keep trying that switch. Move onto another one. This helped me reduce panic-clicking and tunnel vision.

Try to ignore your score, lol. I don't know why this helped but just focusing on matching and surviving while occasionally checking on my progress was way better for my focus than going "DID I DO IT YET?" every five minutes.

Pause if you need to take a breath. Frustration, misclicking a lot, etc, just pause! Take a long breath, walk around a little, then go back to it.

Today I sat down and ONE SHOT this achievement using these tricks. I am TERRIBLE at Shock Switch. If I can pull that off, I think you can too! Good luck, I believe in y'all!

If you're really, really good at this game and want to do it on the harder modes, go ahead! But I personally could only get to like 500k on Hard/Very Hard no matter what I did. Doing it on Easy took about an hour and ten minutes, but now I am DONE having to try to get that score, so it was worth it!

This will unfortunately take an hour. So people with unreliable connections...I am sorry that this achievement may be out of your reach :(. You could however probably apply these tips to Very Hard and just...train yourself, and get better at the game (which, again, I'm not trying to sound mean! I could NOT do Very Hard, so "practice and get better" is not actually my advice here, but if you see yourself improving with every attempt keep trying because you actually ARE getting better in that case :D).

nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
no support. I want achievements I have to work for and practice at.
no support. I want achievements I have to work for and practice at.
they/them
Support I think some of the gaming achievements suck personally and this one hardore hurts my wrist; not all of us playing the game are young!
Support I think some of the gaming achievements suck personally and this one hardore hurts my wrist; not all of us playing the game are young!
With long time passed it is unfair simply remove me achivment or replace circumstances.
But I think it is still good ADD another circumstance to current one.

Make it like "get X score in one run OR X*N cumulatively"
With long time passed it is unfair simply remove me achivment or replace circumstances.
But I think it is still good ADD another circumstance to current one.

Make it like "get X score in one run OR X*N cumulatively"

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
[quote name="Wookieinmashoo" date="2023-07-15 05:18:34" ] [quote name="Contaminate" date="2023-07-14 18:05:06" ] I got the 50k in like 6 or 7 minutes of playing it. You can just spam the tries, its not like there's any penalties for guessing wrong [/quote] I have tried spamming the tiles, it's not working, do you have any other suggestions? I have tried, and my best attempt was about that much time and didn't even get close. How are you getting that much? I don't plan on getting these achievements, I have tried and I don't expect to get these achievements. It's fine, I just wish they were different. [/quote] Personally I click across the top row in pairs first and just keep the first and second tiles in mind to look for matches. If I don't spot a match right away, onto row two, same thing. Basically I just match backwards until the tiles are pretty sparse. I'll end with usually 45 - 50s left in the timer on the higher levels. Oddly enough I got the 50k achieve before I got the level ten achieve, so I think I hit it probably on a level 7 or 8 run while doing the "play to stage 5" weekly
Wookieinmashoo wrote on 2023-07-15 05:18:34:
I got the 50k in like 6 or 7 minutes of playing it. You can just spam the tries, its not like there's any penalties for guessing wrong

I have tried spamming the tiles, it's not working, do you have any other suggestions? I have tried, and my best attempt was about that much time and didn't even get close. How are you getting that much?

I don't plan on getting these achievements, I have tried and I don't expect to get these achievements. It's fine, I just wish they were different.

Personally I click across the top row in pairs first and just keep the first and second tiles in mind to look for matches. If I don't spot a match right away, onto row two, same thing. Basically I just match backwards until the tiles are pretty sparse.

I'll end with usually 45 - 50s left in the timer on the higher levels. Oddly enough I got the 50k achieve before I got the level ten achieve, so I think I hit it probably on a level 7 or 8 run while doing the "play to stage 5" weekly
sBdLZtA.png
[quote name="GrimoireBlack" date="2023-07-15 08:22:25" ] I'd just like to pop in and copy-paste my little tip/guide on getting this achievement because 1 Million Points really does feel very unattainable. However - and I say this VERY GENTLY with no mean tone! - that is because we are not good at Shock Switch, lol. This will unfortunately take an hour. So people with unreliable connections...I am sorry that this achievement may be out of your reach :(. You could however probably apply these tips to Very Hard and just...train yourself, and get better at the game (which, again, I'm not trying to sound mean! I could NOT do Very Hard, so "practice and get better" is not actually my advice here, but if you see yourself improving with every attempt keep trying because you actually ARE getting better in that case :D). Best of luck to all of you. I'll never get 50k in Runestones, LOL. [/quote] Posting a guide is nice, but this is about the people for whom practice does not matter - because for visual or brain or joint or connection issues this achievement is not possible. I use the method you describe and have for most of my attempts. I cannot process the visual noise at higher speeds, and even a single 30+ minute attempt - with keyboard and breaks - does damage to my hand that can take several days to recover in a way that no other activity on site does. I am happy for you that you are someone who can do this with practice, but this suggestion is fundamentally not about that sort of person and if you browse both this suggestion and FRD you will see that there are a [i]lot[/i] of the rest of us on this site.
GrimoireBlack wrote on 2023-07-15 08:22:25:

Posting a guide is nice, but this is about the people for whom practice does not matter - because for visual or brain or joint or connection issues this achievement is not possible.

I use the method you describe and have for most of my attempts. I cannot process the visual noise at higher speeds, and even a single 30+ minute attempt - with keyboard and breaks - does damage to my hand that can take several days to recover in a way that no other activity on site does.

I am happy for you that you are someone who can do this with practice, but this suggestion is fundamentally not about that sort of person and if you browse both this suggestion and FRD you will see that there are a lot of the rest of us on this site.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
[quote name="@Contaminate" date="2023-07-15 23:45:43" ] [quote name="Wookieinmashoo" date="2023-07-15 05:18:34" ] [quote name="Contaminate" date="2023-07-14 18:05:06" ] I got the 50k in like 6 or 7 minutes of playing it. You can just spam the tries, its not like there's any penalties for guessing wrong [/quote] I have tried spamming the tiles, it's not working, do you have any other suggestions? I have tried, and my best attempt was about that much time and didn't even get close. How are you getting that much? I don't plan on getting these achievements, I have tried and I don't expect to get these achievements. It's fine, I just wish they were different. [/quote] Personally I click across the top row in pairs first and just keep the first and second tiles in mind to look for matches. If I don't spot a match right away, onto row two, same thing. Basically I just match backwards until the tiles are pretty sparse. I'll end with usually 45 - 50s left in the timer on the higher levels. Oddly enough I got the 50k achieve before I got the level ten achieve, so I think I hit it probably on a level 7 or 8 run while doing the "play to stage 5" weekly [/quote] This just could NOT work. On my browser it takes about 2 seconds to turne tile. No matter if I even remember something and move hand fast. Game just move slower then me. And if I will make wrong guess I just end with time expires.
@Contaminate wrote on 2023-07-15 23:45:43:
Wookieinmashoo wrote on 2023-07-15 05:18:34:

Personally I click across the top row in pairs first and just keep the first and second tiles in mind to look for matches. If I don't spot a match right away, onto row two, same thing. Basically I just match backwards until the tiles are pretty sparse.

I'll end with usually 45 - 50s left in the timer on the higher levels. Oddly enough I got the 50k achieve before I got the level ten achieve, so I think I hit it probably on a level 7 or 8 run while doing the "play to stage 5" weekly
This just could NOT work.
On my browser it takes about 2 seconds to turne tile.
No matter if I even remember something and move hand fast. Game just move slower then me.
And if I will make wrong guess I just end with time expires.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20