Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change shock switch 1m achievement
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19 20
Support for making it cumulative - hell, they could even make the score requirement higher in that case imo. With the current state of the game it's just not... reasonable to make users fight bugs and connection issues for an hour for one achievement.

Other option would be to fix the pause bug and speedcap confusion, but I think changing the achievement would be far easier.
Support for making it cumulative - hell, they could even make the score requirement higher in that case imo. With the current state of the game it's just not... reasonable to make users fight bugs and connection issues for an hour for one achievement.

Other option would be to fix the pause bug and speedcap confusion, but I think changing the achievement would be far easier.
FoJSh5v.gif Fal
FR time +10
B0SOpoT.png
Personally - and this may be controversial,
but I don't support.

My reasoning is this - like many others have stated I think the problem lies with the game itself and not with the achievement - make it easier to take breaks and less likely to lose connection.

I had never played the game before tackling the achievements and I had it in less than a week. The run itself I felt took about 40 mins on easy difficulty. I didn't need to set up too many combos, it was more concentration and observation (at least in my experience).
^ this being said I don't want to diminish the difficult others have with the game - I did dedicate many hours to learning the game and polishing my skills over that week, and just because I managed it doesn't mean others will find it easy.

Overall my root reason for not supporting is because when I finally got it it actually felt like an achievement - not something I could grind for in the background, or that would eventually come along like the majority of achievements. I felt like I had actually done something worth celebrating because it was difficult. I'm sure others have felt the same - I haven't felt the same about any of the other achievements yet.

I think rather than deleting or changing this acchievement to blend it in with the others - make other achievement's of similar difficulty to be actual achievements - so that players can show off the things they worked hard for.
sorry this turned into more of a rant than anything.
TLDR: make the game more accessible, but leave achievements as achievements.
Personally - and this may be controversial,
but I don't support.

My reasoning is this - like many others have stated I think the problem lies with the game itself and not with the achievement - make it easier to take breaks and less likely to lose connection.

I had never played the game before tackling the achievements and I had it in less than a week. The run itself I felt took about 40 mins on easy difficulty. I didn't need to set up too many combos, it was more concentration and observation (at least in my experience).
^ this being said I don't want to diminish the difficult others have with the game - I did dedicate many hours to learning the game and polishing my skills over that week, and just because I managed it doesn't mean others will find it easy.

Overall my root reason for not supporting is because when I finally got it it actually felt like an achievement - not something I could grind for in the background, or that would eventually come along like the majority of achievements. I felt like I had actually done something worth celebrating because it was difficult. I'm sure others have felt the same - I haven't felt the same about any of the other achievements yet.

I think rather than deleting or changing this acchievement to blend it in with the others - make other achievement's of similar difficulty to be actual achievements - so that players can show off the things they worked hard for.
sorry this turned into more of a rant than anything.
TLDR: make the game more accessible, but leave achievements as achievements.
_________________ fire_rune_100x100.png fire_rune_100x100.png
My highest so far has been 500,000 on very hard. I'm wondering what the best difficulty is to pursue the achievement. That was about 20 minutes of work.

I'm still wondering if I'm doing something wrong by choosing Very Hard difficulty. Not sure how I feel about this suggestion, I guess support.
My highest so far has been 500,000 on very hard. I'm wondering what the best difficulty is to pursue the achievement. That was about 20 minutes of work.

I'm still wondering if I'm doing something wrong by choosing Very Hard difficulty. Not sure how I feel about this suggestion, I guess support.
As someone who enjoyed the challenge of going for that Achievement, I would love to see it changed to ALSO have the option to achieve it with a high number of cumulative points, but not outright getting rid of the 1 million option

Something like: "Score 1 million points in a single game of Shock Switch, OR 10 million lifetime points."

that way it would be more accessible, could be tackled in small parts, but people who wanted to try for it all at once would still have that option.

Even better would be able to choose which option you want to take on, but I suspect coding something like that would be a lot more complicated.
As someone who enjoyed the challenge of going for that Achievement, I would love to see it changed to ALSO have the option to achieve it with a high number of cumulative points, but not outright getting rid of the 1 million option

Something like: "Score 1 million points in a single game of Shock Switch, OR 10 million lifetime points."

that way it would be more accessible, could be tackled in small parts, but people who wanted to try for it all at once would still have that option.

Even better would be able to choose which option you want to take on, but I suspect coding something like that would be a lot more complicated.
PSojku2.gifG9XvqXb.gifbWUZhOx.gif4IOVVSW.gifSGoOc5w.gif
support, this achievement is stupid, overly hard, and flatout impossible if you have any sort of physical or mental disability.
support, this achievement is stupid, overly hard, and flatout impossible if you have any sort of physical or mental disability.
0DJvxSf.png
Pgv53XB.png
eWIwatT.png
o7ZCFYm.png

rix3ppo.png
tumblr_p51ctjgepA1vamgqko8_100.png
IMG_5411.png
I'd feel much, much better about this achievement if staff even did something like fixing the speed bug. SS in general is glitchy, I frequently see rows of blocks glitch downwards, and just a minute ago lost an attempt due to one column of blocks deciding that it was at the top of the screen despite being nowhere near it.

At the Very least, fix the speed bug, please. As is, you don't even really get much of an option in difficulty aside from how many types of blocks there are. Regardless of which difficulty you pick, those things are gonna rack up to a speed of 100+ every damn time.

I don't have anything against difficult achievements. I enjoy challenges in games, and often set self imposed rules for myself when playing games. But this is not enjoyable, and the game doesn't even work as intended. Please, at the very least, make this game play the way it's supposed to play.
I'd feel much, much better about this achievement if staff even did something like fixing the speed bug. SS in general is glitchy, I frequently see rows of blocks glitch downwards, and just a minute ago lost an attempt due to one column of blocks deciding that it was at the top of the screen despite being nowhere near it.

At the Very least, fix the speed bug, please. As is, you don't even really get much of an option in difficulty aside from how many types of blocks there are. Regardless of which difficulty you pick, those things are gonna rack up to a speed of 100+ every damn time.

I don't have anything against difficult achievements. I enjoy challenges in games, and often set self imposed rules for myself when playing games. But this is not enjoyable, and the game doesn't even work as intended. Please, at the very least, make this game play the way it's supposed to play.
difficult things are fun. these are supposed to be achievements - that is, something worked towards and earned.

but. seriously. im not spending an hour playing shock switch just to get an achievement - not counting any fails! no way. that's just...it's too much. i love the cumulative idea! support.
difficult things are fun. these are supposed to be achievements - that is, something worked towards and earned.

but. seriously. im not spending an hour playing shock switch just to get an achievement - not counting any fails! no way. that's just...it's too much. i love the cumulative idea! support.
my only income source is bonding w/ familiars 👍 i have no idea what ill do after i finish w/ that

pfp dragon!
im collecting familiars :)

89 days to bond with a familiar. feels like more

wishlist!
Oh dear.... I was expecting to be fine with this one, but then people pointed out the issues a cranky connection produce in the Fairgrounds, and. Um. That is a thing. Which I have. And I have already had connection hiccups in Fairgrounds as it is - it was why I stopped playing Artifracture for so long.

Even with the Pause button, Shock Switch is not the Coliseum. Getting knocked out of a game with a massive score achievement on the line is so hugely much more demoralizing and ragequit-tastic than having a hiccup in the Coliseum which can be bounced back from in under a minute. And that, I can attest from experience, is plenty frustrating as it is. (It already has me using the good swears when it joins forces with a Dodgefest. Coli, I have that achievement. You can stop now.)

I get why the Coli is the frustrating beast that it is. But if that kind of hiccup happened when I was near to getting this achievement, I think I would need to take a few days off before I could look at the Fairgrounds, if not the site, again.

SUPPORT, for basically anything which makes a badly-timed bit of connection flatulence not be more daunting than the necessary score. I would be fine going for the current achievement if I did not have a reasonable expectation that tiny but devastating interruptions to connection to the Fairgrounds might(will almost certainly, playing for that long) happen..... but I do, and there is nothing I can do about that, either.
Oh dear.... I was expecting to be fine with this one, but then people pointed out the issues a cranky connection produce in the Fairgrounds, and. Um. That is a thing. Which I have. And I have already had connection hiccups in Fairgrounds as it is - it was why I stopped playing Artifracture for so long.

Even with the Pause button, Shock Switch is not the Coliseum. Getting knocked out of a game with a massive score achievement on the line is so hugely much more demoralizing and ragequit-tastic than having a hiccup in the Coliseum which can be bounced back from in under a minute. And that, I can attest from experience, is plenty frustrating as it is. (It already has me using the good swears when it joins forces with a Dodgefest. Coli, I have that achievement. You can stop now.)

I get why the Coli is the frustrating beast that it is. But if that kind of hiccup happened when I was near to getting this achievement, I think I would need to take a few days off before I could look at the Fairgrounds, if not the site, again.

SUPPORT, for basically anything which makes a badly-timed bit of connection flatulence not be more daunting than the necessary score. I would be fine going for the current achievement if I did not have a reasonable expectation that tiny but devastating interruptions to connection to the Fairgrounds might(will almost certainly, playing for that long) happen..... but I do, and there is nothing I can do about that, either.
support. there is no reason for something like this to be some time consuming compared to everything else.
support. there is no reason for something like this to be some time consuming compared to everything else.
Okay but what would happen to the people who have already earned it?

I can support an easier one being added in because the requirements are ridiculous and most of the playerbase hates it.

I can support the game itself being made easier, with more accesibility for those with disabilities and a save button for those with poor internet.

I can't support removing or modifying the achievement, as for some people it is still achievable and has already been achieved. I don't think it's fair for us to encourage taking something off of the people who put the time in to get it. Maybe it could be a legacy achievement so they still have that badge of honor?

(I do not have the achievement myself for clarity because honestly I am not good at it lmao, but you have to consider everyone involved when making suggestions)
Okay but what would happen to the people who have already earned it?

I can support an easier one being added in because the requirements are ridiculous and most of the playerbase hates it.

I can support the game itself being made easier, with more accesibility for those with disabilities and a save button for those with poor internet.

I can't support removing or modifying the achievement, as for some people it is still achievable and has already been achieved. I don't think it's fair for us to encourage taking something off of the people who put the time in to get it. Maybe it could be a legacy achievement so they still have that badge of honor?

(I do not have the achievement myself for clarity because honestly I am not good at it lmao, but you have to consider everyone involved when making suggestions)
Heart.gif
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19 20