Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ancient Breeds: Sandsurge Dragons
1 2 ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... 100 101
[quote name="@BroadwayBound" date="2023-07-20 11:29:41" ] Has anyone while breeding these dragons noticed that the preview of offspring all take after the female dragon? No matter how many times you click? Or have your hatchings all taken after the female? All of my previews had the mothers genes and every single baby did too. Not that I truly mind, but it would have been nice to see some traits from the male. [/quote] Genes have different rarities. Genes with high rarities will have a much lower odds to pass to the babies. For instance if you breed a Common rarity gene against a Rare rarity gene, the Rare gene will only have a 3% rate of inheritance. It sounds like your female has lower rarity genes.
@BroadwayBound wrote on 2023-07-20 11:29:41:
Has anyone while breeding these dragons noticed that the preview of offspring all take after the female dragon? No matter how many times you click? Or have your hatchings all taken after the female? All of my previews had the mothers genes and every single baby did too. Not that I truly mind, but it would have been nice to see some traits from the male.

Genes have different rarities. Genes with high rarities will have a much lower odds to pass to the babies. For instance if you breed a Common rarity gene against a Rare rarity gene, the Rare gene will only have a 3% rate of inheritance. It sounds like your female has lower rarity genes.
Always seeking dragons with interesting colors, Buying thread Stock the Pond! Breeding Challenge
he/him
twenties
mentally ill
about me / FAQ
clan lore
arcane flight
pings ok
FR Time +3
Fandragons tab
Pastel Goth Imperial Hatchery, Selling thread Secondhand Dragons for sale, selling thread
augment and fishbone go so hard. can’t wait to get my hands on some of these guys!
augment and fishbone go so hard. can’t wait to get my hands on some of these guys!
86087273.png |
|
|

mlHpBMC.png
a69iToJ.png
q3Me7tJ.png
|
|
|
I'm Crab! any prns
art shop here
could someone explain gene bloat, please? it sounds like where one or two genes take over the AH..?
could someone explain gene bloat, please? it sounds like where one or two genes take over the AH..?
[quote name="arisingprophet" date="2023-07-20 12:51:36" ] could someone explain gene bloat, please? it sounds like where one or two genes take over the AH..? [/quote] @arisingprophet I can try! (sorry if I pinged you twice, I'm not sure if quoting also pings?) The compaint about "ancient gene bloat" as far as I understand it, is that the treasure marketplace is drowning in ancient genes, because each gene for ancients is specific to whichever dragon breeds can access it. like gaolers and sandsurges both have mosaic and breakup. so that's two different items for one gene: primary gene mosaic (sandsurge), and primary gene mosaic (gaoler). modern dragons also access to mosaic and breakup, so now you're at three items per gene. it makes the marketplace really cluttered, and it's only getting worse as we get more and more ancient breeds.
arisingprophet wrote on 2023-07-20 12:51:36:

@arisingprophet I can try! (sorry if I pinged you twice, I'm not sure if quoting also pings?)

The compaint about "ancient gene bloat" as far as I understand it, is that the treasure marketplace is drowning in ancient genes, because each gene for ancients is specific to whichever dragon breeds can access it. like gaolers and sandsurges both have mosaic and breakup. so that's two different items for one gene: primary gene mosaic (sandsurge), and primary gene mosaic (gaoler). modern dragons also access to mosaic and breakup, so now you're at three items per gene. it makes the marketplace really cluttered, and it's only getting worse as we get more and more ancient breeds.
they/them
[quote name="arisingprophet" date="2023-07-20 12:51:36" ] could someone explain gene bloat, please? it sounds like where one or two genes take over the AH..? [/quote] i think the issue is that it's hard and confusing to find certain gene change items on the auction house because the modern breed version and each ancient breed version is named so similarly. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/buy/realm/specialty?itemname=flecks&collapse=1]here is the auction house search for the flecks gene.[/url] the ones with ancient names at the end will only work on that specific breed. if you want the gene scroll for a modern breed, you need the one without anything at the end of the name... the first one is on page 5, and costs over 30x more than the cheapest ancient version.
arisingprophet wrote on 2023-07-20 12:51:36:
i think the issue is that it's hard and confusing to find certain gene change items on the auction house because the modern breed version and each ancient breed version is named so similarly.

here is the auction house search for the flecks gene. the ones with ancient names at the end will only work on that specific breed. if you want the gene scroll for a modern breed, you need the one without anything at the end of the name... the first one is on page 5, and costs over 30x more than the cheapest ancient version.
82346754.pngnr-100.png94499341.png
me being obsessed with speculative biology and knowing these guys have all the opposite adaptations for any kind of burrowing
Have none of yall seen golden moles?
me being obsessed with speculative biology and knowing these guys have all the opposite adaptations for any kind of burrowing
Have none of yall seen golden moles?
A lovely introduction (or reintroduction since they are considered Ancient Dragons) of the Sandsurge Dragons into their own world of Sornieth! [emoji=coatl love size=1] I already liked the adult poses and the baby pose is also very cute. The current genes combos look to be a lot fun and there are always more to come! You are doing a great job at taking care of the dragons that your site banner represents and I know that you will continue to do so. [emoji=coatl happy size=1]
A lovely introduction (or reintroduction since they are considered Ancient Dragons) of the Sandsurge Dragons into their own world of Sornieth!

I already liked the adult poses and the baby pose is also very cute. The current genes combos look to be a lot fun and there are always more to come! You are doing a great job at taking care of the dragons that your site banner represents and I know that you will continue to do so.
1052p.png
KPt2jST.png
PsY9SIv.png
VA1XCHD.png
l5SJ5yw.png
58T08n9.png
kyWLcLU.png
[quote name="BroadwayBound" date="2023-07-20 12:15:25" ] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/858471/85847028_350.png[/img] [/quote] This is the first time I've realized the swirls on Cherub are supposed to be the fluff of tiny wings. Cherub is one of my fave genes, but I've never noticed the wings before on any other breed [emoji=normal eyes size=1] [emoji=normal eyes size=1]
BroadwayBound wrote on 2023-07-20 12:15:25:

85847028_350.png

This is the first time I've realized the swirls on Cherub are supposed to be the fluff of tiny wings. Cherub is one of my fave genes, but I've never noticed the wings before on any other breed
PWSZq63.png z3FSuck.png
Qboauiw.png
a129Nss.png
ozXwjvF.png
90frr5J.png
1bSJVgF.png
gziv3Ja.png
r8v91MH.png
ekux78o.png
bVV6yhw.png
dEe2UrM.png
YMPbu9R.png
Lavelle

An inspiration!
Lavelle

An inspiration!
3hKoziR.pnglAvpyOQ.pngYMPbu9R.png
J7D1quC.png qKZAaLK.pngQNbfPfg.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87746080][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/877461/87746080_350.png[/img][/url] [b]I adore this new species already![/b][/center]
87746080_350.png
I adore this new species already!
iSMOnnH.png
1 2 ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... 100 101