Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ancient Breeds: Sandsurge Dragons
1 2 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101
The Sandsurges are awesome, and Augment is extremely cool! [emoji=blue star size=1]
The Sandsurges are awesome, and Augment is extremely cool!
69nIsKW.pngZZyKFJK.gifaeepzid.pngK5Ygz6H.gifkQ6a9lN.pnghYGY1dA.gifs934ycP.png
I really love the new dragons, and I think it's awesome that the Devs keep coming up with new breeds, but I also wish there would be more Den slots made available with each new breed. It sucks to have to go through the dragons I've had for years now to decide which ones to either change or get rid of, so I can have room for the new ones :/
I really love the new dragons, and I think it's awesome that the Devs keep coming up with new breeds, but I also wish there would be more Den slots made available with each new breed. It sucks to have to go through the dragons I've had for years now to decide which ones to either change or get rid of, so I can have room for the new ones :/
7d96ebw.gif
We don't get an egg for them?? What's the point of making a new design to make it as inaccessible as possible?
We don't get an egg for them?? What's the point of making a new design to make it as inaccessible as possible?
[img][/img]space_dad_sig1png.png
[img] https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/807681/80768005_350.png [/img] [img] https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/873590/87358928_350.png[/img] My guy's still a WIP tho I'm still trying to figure whether to use wasp or not; think I might [emoji=tundra star size=1] Considering morphing one of my pairs and fingers crossed for a pastel baby eventually ;D
80768005_350.png

87358928_350.png

My guy's still a WIP tho I'm still trying to figure whether to use wasp or not; think I might
Considering morphing one of my pairs and fingers crossed for a pastel baby eventually ;D
She/Her

plague_banner.png
+ Pinging OK, Chill, I play to enjoy cute, funny Dergs and admire other's creativity.
THIS IS SO SICK! But where do we get them?
THIS IS SO SICK! But where do we get them?
c2eYYTM.pngbYt72YT.png
580.pngPWYW NESTING
[quote name="Kylocat" date="2023-07-21 08:48:17" ] We don't get an egg for them?? What's the point of making a new design to make it as inaccessible as possible? [/quote] Hello Kylocat, we have responded to these questions and concerns [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3256724/30#post_54639557]here[/url][/b] and [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3256724/45#post_54640403]here[/url]:[/b] [quote name="Aequorin" date="2023-07-19 08:24:26" ] To address your concerns, we are a business and a free-to-play game with employees, employee benefits, and overhead to pay. This means that we will be releasing gem breeds and items as part of our business plan. To cut straight to the point: Gem sales helps to fund the overall development of the site, our employees, and the content that all our players enjoy. We understand and respect that many of our players are free-to-play, which is why we worked to ensure players will be receiving the same amount of treasure and game-play earned breeds this year as before: Two (2) breeds. Today's gem breed release [b]is content in addition to[/b] those breeds and [b]not a replacement[/b] for that content. Players can expect the third breed earned through treasure and gameplay for this year to drop in Q4. And yes, it will be a Nature breed! [emoji=nature rune size=1] [/quote] [quote name="Aequorin" date="2023-07-19 09:35:28" ] ...thank you for your feedback and your thoughts. Reading through your response and a few others, I think there's been a misunderstanding. Precedent for gem breeds is a special retiring item, not a scroll or an egg, like with the [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2930863%20#post_2930863]Veilspun ancient breed release[/url][/b]. It's why we made sure to notify the community both through the livestreams and in the [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3238540#post_3238540]What to know about Ancient Breed #7[/url][/b], which was linked in Site Status. I can also see how players may have missed that information, and I'm documenting this observation for review and retrospective with any future gem breed releases. I understand this doesn't change the feeling of being left out, but I hope this information helps none the less. [/quote] While the breed change scroll is in our gem (premium currency) shop, it's important to keep in mind that [b][I]Flight Rising's[/I] premium currency is not account-locked[/b]. This means players have access to gems through a variety of means, not just real world currency buys. Dragons breed exponentially and any breed quickly becomes widely available. I realize that this isn't the same as being able to acquire one on Day 1, but I hope this information helps!
Kylocat wrote on 2023-07-21 08:48:17:

Hello Kylocat, we have responded to these questions and concerns here and here:
Aequorin wrote on 2023-07-19 08:24:26:
To address your concerns, we are a business and a free-to-play game with employees, employee benefits, and overhead to pay. This means that we will be releasing gem breeds and items as part of our business plan. To cut straight to the point: Gem sales helps to fund the overall development of the site, our employees, and the content that all our players enjoy.

We understand and respect that many of our players are free-to-play, which is why we worked to ensure players will be receiving the same amount of treasure and game-play earned breeds this year as before: Two (2) breeds. Today's gem breed release is content in addition to those breeds and not a replacement for that content. Players can expect the third breed earned through treasure and gameplay for this year to drop in Q4. And yes, it will be a Nature breed!

Aequorin wrote on 2023-07-19 09:35:28:
...thank you for your feedback and your thoughts. Reading through your response and a few others, I think there's been a misunderstanding. Precedent for gem breeds is a special retiring item, not a scroll or an egg, like with the Veilspun ancient breed release. It's why we made sure to notify the community both through the livestreams and in the What to know about Ancient Breed #7, which was linked in Site Status. I can also see how players may have missed that information, and I'm documenting this observation for review and retrospective with any future gem breed releases. I understand this doesn't change the feeling of being left out, but I hope this information helps none the less.

While the breed change scroll is in our gem (premium currency) shop, it's important to keep in mind that Flight Rising's premium currency is not account-locked. This means players have access to gems through a variety of means, not just real world currency buys. Dragons breed exponentially and any breed quickly becomes widely available. I realize that this isn't the same as being able to acquire one on Day 1, but I hope this information helps!
BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I7a1ndF.png
"We didn't fix anything that we all know is egregious on stuff we just released and instead pushed out a breed that we know will have errors instead of fixing already broken stuff, but give us money anyway for them! Have fun, kthanxbye!"

There's your tldr of the news.

"We didn't fix anything that we all know is egregious on stuff we just released and instead pushed out a breed that we know will have errors instead of fixing already broken stuff, but give us money anyway for them! Have fun, kthanxbye!"

65aees.png
[quote name="Wishmaster" date="2023-07-21 10:08:25" ] "We didn't fix anything that we all know is egregious on stuff we just released and instead pushed out a breed that we know will have errors instead of fixing already broken stuff, but give us money anyway for them! Have fun, kthanxbye!" There's your tldr of the news. [/quote] Uh, what? What are you talking about? The art errors? None of them were especially egregious, which makes it understandable they weren't caught until the wider net of player eyes landed on them. This has happened with every new breed in recent history. And they've been responding so quickly to those errors that I don't even see how one can reasonably complain about them. If you're talking about ancient gene bloat, they already announced a partial solution to that earlier this year, and frankly I'm happy to hear that they're actively working on it further. Also, you really can't blame them for wanting to have the lightning breed out in time for Thundercrack. People would be unhappy had they not. Cut staff a break - they make mistakes, sure, but they try very sincerely to keep us all happy and I don't see anything here that looks like less than 100% of their effort.
Wishmaster wrote on 2023-07-21 10:08:25:

Uh, what? What are you talking about? The art errors? None of them were especially egregious, which makes it understandable they weren't caught until the wider net of player eyes landed on them. This has happened with every new breed in recent history. And they've been responding so quickly to those errors that I don't even see how one can reasonably complain about them.

If you're talking about ancient gene bloat, they already announced a partial solution to that earlier this year, and frankly I'm happy to hear that they're actively working on it further.

Also, you really can't blame them for wanting to have the lightning breed out in time for Thundercrack. People would be unhappy had they not. Cut staff a break - they make mistakes, sure, but they try very sincerely to keep us all happy and I don't see anything here that looks like less than 100% of their effort.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
We're locking this thread early. Thank you to everyone who took the time to share their constructive feedback and engaged in constructive dialogues with each other.
We're locking this thread early. Thank you to everyone who took the time to share their constructive feedback and engaged in constructive dialogues with each other.
1 2 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101