Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A love letter to FR's Admin! ♥
1 2
The admin of this site are, in my opinion, the best of all the internet. They communicate so much with their players and work tirelessly to make everyone as happy has possible. If they make mistakes (like typos and such) they acknowledge them and come up with fantastic solutions. They always err on the side of giving their users extra during miscommunications or maintenance instead of less.

Every time there has been an update that myself or others weren't 100% happy with, they always eventually create a solution that gives players more options that benefit everyone. I trust that they have their users best interest in mind. And that's honestly been one of my favorite things about this site since the day I first joined. Love you Admin!! ♥
The admin of this site are, in my opinion, the best of all the internet. They communicate so much with their players and work tirelessly to make everyone as happy has possible. If they make mistakes (like typos and such) they acknowledge them and come up with fantastic solutions. They always err on the side of giving their users extra during miscommunications or maintenance instead of less.

Every time there has been an update that myself or others weren't 100% happy with, they always eventually create a solution that gives players more options that benefit everyone. I trust that they have their users best interest in mind. And that's honestly been one of my favorite things about this site since the day I first joined. Love you Admin!! ♥
45082747.pngm5-l17-m5-book.pngm5-l17-l17-book.pngwSEhN14.pngXXPmkbA.gif zZpjH5e.gifhMGipS8.pngm9-l16-m9-book.pngm9-l16-l16-book.png44700172.png
I 100% agree with you! The admins on FR definitely have their players in mind with anything they do within this site!
I 100% agree with you! The admins on FR definitely have their players in mind with anything they do within this site!
ARAxlYW.png
J7D1quC.png
3CzZFT6.png
WI7lnRZ.png
6tBZa.gif6EBnp.gif
There have been rough patches these last ten years. Poorly-thought out 'surprises' (2013 fest items perma-retiring, Eyepocalypse 1.0) and welcome but overdue and somewhat divisive course-corrections (Joxboxes for a slow trickle of fest items from '14 and later, Eyepocalypse version 2, electric boogaloo, the Beastclan retcons), but on the whole I think the site has been getting drastically better, especially in the more recent years.

I think I can definitely tell that our developers are more mature now than they were in the early days, evidenced by the uptick in inclusivity via Pride-themed customization (I did not expect to ever see Pride vistas but I was so happy to see them, especially when one I identified with was in a later wave, the acknowledgement really does matter, imo) and the moving away from uncomfortable real-life parallels that just aren't needed for a compelling story (Beastclans again).

Time effects all humans, I've done a lot of growing-up in ten years (ten years!) - and while I feel odd for saying this about a set of developers and artists who are definitely older than I am, I have to say I'm proud of all of them for knowing when something just does not work anymore.

There are definitely things that still need fixing (disability-unfriendly portions of the site like the needlessly tricky coli CAPTCHAs, which the devs have said they are working on), but on the whole this game is pretty diamond.
There have been rough patches these last ten years. Poorly-thought out 'surprises' (2013 fest items perma-retiring, Eyepocalypse 1.0) and welcome but overdue and somewhat divisive course-corrections (Joxboxes for a slow trickle of fest items from '14 and later, Eyepocalypse version 2, electric boogaloo, the Beastclan retcons), but on the whole I think the site has been getting drastically better, especially in the more recent years.

I think I can definitely tell that our developers are more mature now than they were in the early days, evidenced by the uptick in inclusivity via Pride-themed customization (I did not expect to ever see Pride vistas but I was so happy to see them, especially when one I identified with was in a later wave, the acknowledgement really does matter, imo) and the moving away from uncomfortable real-life parallels that just aren't needed for a compelling story (Beastclans again).

Time effects all humans, I've done a lot of growing-up in ten years (ten years!) - and while I feel odd for saying this about a set of developers and artists who are definitely older than I am, I have to say I'm proud of all of them for knowing when something just does not work anymore.

There are definitely things that still need fixing (disability-unfriendly portions of the site like the needlessly tricky coli CAPTCHAs, which the devs have said they are working on), but on the whole this game is pretty diamond.
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
Yeah, it's really nice here. It's reassuring knowing that the little red arrows will always point to a message that's like, always coming from a place of good faith, even if the reason for posting is that a thread escalated too far and is being locked. Like, I can tell that sometimes there's exasperation on the other end of the screen (humans have emotions, it happens), but it doesn't get taken out on players or anything. The devs are doing a good job ^-^

Also, 100% agreed that things keep getting better with time. Like, there is always going to be something to get mad about if you really want to, but it seems like generally the amount of dev decisions that cause an uproar has gone down, and also gone way down in severity since I joined like... eight years ago now. Heh, as the kids say, "Growth! We love to see it!"

(That said... this thread is probably not gonna last, we aren't supposed to talk about staff decisions, even if it is to praise 'em, because stuff can derail and this is the devs'/mods' workspace and all that)
Yeah, it's really nice here. It's reassuring knowing that the little red arrows will always point to a message that's like, always coming from a place of good faith, even if the reason for posting is that a thread escalated too far and is being locked. Like, I can tell that sometimes there's exasperation on the other end of the screen (humans have emotions, it happens), but it doesn't get taken out on players or anything. The devs are doing a good job ^-^

Also, 100% agreed that things keep getting better with time. Like, there is always going to be something to get mad about if you really want to, but it seems like generally the amount of dev decisions that cause an uproar has gone down, and also gone way down in severity since I joined like... eight years ago now. Heh, as the kids say, "Growth! We love to see it!"

(That said... this thread is probably not gonna last, we aren't supposed to talk about staff decisions, even if it is to praise 'em, because stuff can derail and this is the devs'/mods' workspace and all that)
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

(Also what was the eyepoc?)
For the most part, this game has gotten better while I was here.
(Also what was the eyepoc?)
?1yJ3f=platform.png
RSUsSvx.png
I think threads like this fall under the non-gameplay feedback, and other previous staff positivity threads have been locked before for this.

...But otherwise I do agree that FR is generally better with communication than other web-games I've played. I'm glad that after 10 years the economy is still incredibly stable! Staff has been very careful about keeping things balanced. I played Gaiaonline prior to FR so. The bar was on the floor but still. Very surprised.
I think threads like this fall under the non-gameplay feedback, and other previous staff positivity threads have been locked before for this.

...But otherwise I do agree that FR is generally better with communication than other web-games I've played. I'm glad that after 10 years the economy is still incredibly stable! Staff has been very careful about keeping things balanced. I played Gaiaonline prior to FR so. The bar was on the floor but still. Very surprised.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
i love how open the staff is to listening to their player base, rather than saying “we know what’s best”. they actually listen to us to see what we want in the game. and i really appreciate that.
i love how open the staff is to listening to their player base, rather than saying “we know what’s best”. they actually listen to us to see what we want in the game. and i really appreciate that.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
2zEU4.gif

You matter.
i follow every thread i make
(+1 fr time)
5INS7.gif
I definitely agree with this! They really do listen to the player base and are very present in the community. More so than most games I've played. Also, all the lore they have come up with for this game and all the little details blows my mind. I also appreciate how the staff never let the hype get out of hand. They are very honest and up front about new features and improvements.
I definitely agree with this! They really do listen to the player base and are very present in the community. More so than most games I've played. Also, all the lore they have come up with for this game and all the little details blows my mind. I also appreciate how the staff never let the hype get out of hand. They are very honest and up front about new features and improvements.
The Empyreal Library
@Dogmage999 It was a time when the primal eyes, and other special eyes were only obtainable through breeding. This meant that all existing dragons, including Progens, were not able to get the "special"eyes. Ever. There was a special item that was released called Vial of Scattersight, (for 3 days only you could brew them or find in the Coli) which would apply a random eye type to a dragon, but it was based on percentage and not chance. Here is the chart that users made to illustrate the chances of which eye you would apply: [img]https://i.imgur.com/5SRE1Qi.png[/img] As you can see, the chances of getting a non-special eye type was extremely low. This angered so many users who bought so many vials and tried to get Primal eyes for their Progens or special dragons, and instead got uncommon eyes, over and over and over again. The Vials were being sold on the AH for hundreds of gems each, and people desperate for Primal eyes spent those gems. There were so many forum threads complaining about this, and I was one of them.
@Dogmage999
It was a time when the primal eyes, and other special eyes were only obtainable through breeding. This meant that all existing dragons, including Progens, were not able to get the "special"eyes. Ever.

There was a special item that was released called Vial of Scattersight, (for 3 days only you could brew them or find in the Coli) which would apply a random eye type to a dragon, but it was based on percentage and not chance. Here is the chart that users made to illustrate the chances of which eye you would apply:
5SRE1Qi.png

As you can see, the chances of getting a non-special eye type was extremely low. This angered so many users who bought so many vials and tried to get Primal eyes for their Progens or special dragons, and instead got uncommon eyes, over and over and over again. The Vials were being sold on the AH for hundreds of gems each, and people desperate for Primal eyes spent those gems.

There were so many forum threads complaining about this, and I was one of them.
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo2_500.gif
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.pngtumblr_inline_nknclfI9au1rgacqp.giftumblr_inline_naz0b53uHQ1qg78ij.png
[quote name="Xeyla" date="2023-06-17 16:39:28" ] @Dogmage999 It was a time when the primal eyes, and other special eyes were only obtainable through breeding. This meant that all existing dragons, including Progens, were not able to get the "special"eyes. Ever. There was a special item that was released called Vial of Scattersight, (for 3 days only you could brew them or find in the Coli) which would apply a random eye type to a dragon, but it was based on percentage and not chance. Here is the chart that users made to illustrate the chances of which eye you would apply: [img]https://i.imgur.com/5SRE1Qi.png[/img] As you can see, the chances of getting a non-special eye type was extremely low. This angered so many users who bought so many vials and tried to get Primal eyes for their Progens or special dragons, and instead got uncommon eyes, over and over and over again. The Vials were being sold on the AH for hundreds of gems each, and people desperate for Primal eyes spent those gems. There were so many forum threads complaining about this, and I was one of them. [/quote] Nonono that was eyepocalypse 2 electric boogaloo, the original eyepocalypse was when they first released eye types and to do so they standardized the eye colors and people were unhappy a few of the hues changed a little and were upset they couldn't put the special eye types on their old dragons without gambling on those scatter vials that had an extremely limited release Just wanted to clarify. There were two of those. Eyes were real contentious at times
Xeyla wrote on 2023-06-17 16:39:28:
@Dogmage999
It was a time when the primal eyes, and other special eyes were only obtainable through breeding. This meant that all existing dragons, including Progens, were not able to get the "special"eyes. Ever.

There was a special item that was released called Vial of Scattersight, (for 3 days only you could brew them or find in the Coli) which would apply a random eye type to a dragon, but it was based on percentage and not chance. Here is the chart that users made to illustrate the chances of which eye you would apply:
5SRE1Qi.png

As you can see, the chances of getting a non-special eye type was extremely low. This angered so many users who bought so many vials and tried to get Primal eyes for their Progens or special dragons, and instead got uncommon eyes, over and over and over again. The Vials were being sold on the AH for hundreds of gems each, and people desperate for Primal eyes spent those gems.

There were so many forum threads complaining about this, and I was one of them.

Nonono that was eyepocalypse 2 electric boogaloo, the original eyepocalypse was when they first released eye types and to do so they standardized the eye colors and people were unhappy a few of the hues changed a little and were upset they couldn't put the special eye types on their old dragons without gambling on those scatter vials that had an extremely limited release

Just wanted to clarify. There were two of those. Eyes were real contentious at times
myosotis Sela, she/her, FR+3
Jewelry Box Fae Subspecies
Official Lightning Subspecies
Ultimate Dragon Color Guide
Lore
_______________________Jewelry Box Fae subspecies
1 2