Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Eurovision 2023
1 2 3 4
People!! I was sure I was gonna run into a Eurovision thread here, but nooo. So here's one :) It's been one long Eurovision week and the final is already tomorrow, I can't believe it!

Who are you rooting for or which entries are your favorites?

I come from the Cha cha-land, so obviously my first choice is Käärijä! I absolutely love our song this year, and most of the years I can't say that about Finland in Eurovision. But this year it's so so good. He just makes me really proud.

Other entrants I really like this year:
Austria poe poe poe
Slovenia (hello bojan)
Belgium brings the disco!
France evidently

Any Eurovision-discussion is welcome.
People!! I was sure I was gonna run into a Eurovision thread here, but nooo. So here's one :) It's been one long Eurovision week and the final is already tomorrow, I can't believe it!

Who are you rooting for or which entries are your favorites?

I come from the Cha cha-land, so obviously my first choice is Käärijä! I absolutely love our song this year, and most of the years I can't say that about Finland in Eurovision. But this year it's so so good. He just makes me really proud.

Other entrants I really like this year:
Austria poe poe poe
Slovenia (hello bojan)
Belgium brings the disco!
France evidently

Any Eurovision-discussion is welcome.
2T7Jk2l.png
Oh boy I'm glad someone brought this up because I totally forgot to listen to this year's songs! I gotta say, it was actually really hard to choose my top 3 because there were so many good ones. My final votes are:
1. Germany: I like a few songs by Lord of the Lost, including their La Bamba cover, but this one took me out. I started involuntarily giggling halfway through. I love how they take the concept so seriously.
2. Finland: It grew on me. It's like a mix of industrial and Finnish pop. Finland is one of my favorite countries but their Eurovision entries... usually aren't great. Sorrynotsorry
3. France: Can we all agree to replace Edith Piaf with La Zarra? Please?
Honorable mentions: Albania and Australia
Oh boy I'm glad someone brought this up because I totally forgot to listen to this year's songs! I gotta say, it was actually really hard to choose my top 3 because there were so many good ones. My final votes are:
1. Germany: I like a few songs by Lord of the Lost, including their La Bamba cover, but this one took me out. I started involuntarily giggling halfway through. I love how they take the concept so seriously.
2. Finland: It grew on me. It's like a mix of industrial and Finnish pop. Finland is one of my favorite countries but their Eurovision entries... usually aren't great. Sorrynotsorry
3. France: Can we all agree to replace Edith Piaf with La Zarra? Please?
Honorable mentions: Albania and Australia
I don't normally watch until the final, but I've been seeing little hints and I'm excited to see all the performances! Also, the newest Just Dance has just released their Eurovision season, and the choreo for SloMo is so hard but so fun. It's been awesome using it to get my hyped!!
I don't normally watch until the final, but I've been seeing little hints and I'm excited to see all the performances! Also, the newest Just Dance has just released their Eurovision season, and the choreo for SloMo is so hard but so fun. It's been awesome using it to get my hyped!!
XpgACKq.png
Rooting for Germany this year. Everything about Lord of the Lost is exactly what Eurovision is supposed to be.
Rooting for Germany this year. Everything about Lord of the Lost is exactly what Eurovision is supposed to be.
frsiggy1.pngfrsiggy2.pngfrsiggy3.png
I've removed some inappropriate comments and those related to them. Remember the people, and please don't make derogatory comments towards large groups of people, even if meant in jest. The forums are for everyone and might be misconstrued. If you'd like to start a discussion about criticisms of Eurovision, you may start a thread for that topic.

On this topic:

I love that Käärijä has just become this year's darling!! I love the energy. I've been really bad at catching the broadcast though, because it starts on my lunch break, when I'm making food, and then I forget. :( I'll have to go back and catch up.

I usually cheer Greece but it looks like they're out, so my energy is going towards Finland. :)
I've removed some inappropriate comments and those related to them. Remember the people, and please don't make derogatory comments towards large groups of people, even if meant in jest. The forums are for everyone and might be misconstrued. If you'd like to start a discussion about criticisms of Eurovision, you may start a thread for that topic.

On this topic:

I love that Käärijä has just become this year's darling!! I love the energy. I've been really bad at catching the broadcast though, because it starts on my lunch break, when I'm making food, and then I forget. :( I'll have to go back and catch up.

I usually cheer Greece but it looks like they're out, so my energy is going towards Finland. :)
jeGlfdJ.gif__ Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group. (+0 FR Time)

Not going to lie, seeing Finland's entry be this liked feels a bit weird. I am so used to us being cozy in the bottom 10, assuming we even got that far. But at the same time it is kind of heartwarming to see people like the song. As for my personal favorites: [LIST] [*]Austria ([emoji=music notes size=1] Poe Poe Poe [emoji=music notes size=1]) [*]Czechia [*]Moldova [*]Croatia [*]Australia [*]Germany [*]Belgium [/LIST] Good luck for everyone's favorites for the final and let's enjoy the show.
Not going to lie, seeing Finland's entry be this liked feels a bit weird. I am so used to us being cozy in the bottom 10, assuming we even got that far. But at the same time it is kind of heartwarming to see people like the song. As for my personal favorites:
  • Austria ( Poe Poe Poe )
  • Czechia
  • Moldova
  • Croatia
  • Australia
  • Germany
  • Belgium

Good luck for everyone's favorites for the final and let's enjoy the show.
A blue arcane spiral dragon lying on her side. On her tail she is holding a small flag of Finland and on her hands she is holding a pale wooden sign with text "Pardon me, my English is awful" written on it.
Oh dang I can't believe I got so focused on my irl duties I missed most of it :{

I have to catch up on what's going on, so forgive me for not having any opinions on who I'm rooting for yet.

Good luck to everyone, may we all have a good time!
Oh dang I can't believe I got so focused on my irl duties I missed most of it :{

I have to catch up on what's going on, so forgive me for not having any opinions on who I'm rooting for yet.

Good luck to everyone, may we all have a good time!
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
@AttackTheMap oh yeah German's song is so much fun! It's one of the different ones this year and gonna be exciting to see them perform it live. And yep Australia is also on my top 10 for sure!!

@ItalianDennys ohh you'll be very happy to see all the performances tonight then! Some nice coreos there as well :D

@Madarakita I totally understand, the band seems really awesome :)

@Peixes thank you for that <3 And I have to say I'm so happy to hear people like Käärijä, guess there's a bit of hype going on haha!

@Finlandia same feeling! It's really weird that for once Finland seems to be doing good :D But it's gonna be awesome!

@Requacy No worries, there's still time, I hope you find some entries to root for! :)

And most of all, have fun everyone tonight! It's gonna be one epic final I think. I'm ready with my Käärijä-nails and champagne lol (no pina coladas tonight)..
@AttackTheMap oh yeah German's song is so much fun! It's one of the different ones this year and gonna be exciting to see them perform it live. And yep Australia is also on my top 10 for sure!!

@ItalianDennys ohh you'll be very happy to see all the performances tonight then! Some nice coreos there as well :D

@Madarakita I totally understand, the band seems really awesome :)

@Peixes thank you for that <3 And I have to say I'm so happy to hear people like Käärijä, guess there's a bit of hype going on haha!

@Finlandia same feeling! It's really weird that for once Finland seems to be doing good :D But it's gonna be awesome!

@Requacy No worries, there's still time, I hope you find some entries to root for! :)

And most of all, have fun everyone tonight! It's gonna be one epic final I think. I'm ready with my Käärijä-nails and champagne lol (no pina coladas tonight)..
2T7Jk2l.png
[quote name="moomargh" date="2023-05-13 04:32:08" ] It's really weird that for once Finland seems to be doing good :D But it's gonna be awesome! [/quote] It's funny, what got me into Eurovision in the first place was Finland winning back in 2006. [img]https://i.postimg.cc/851X88G0/MV5-BZTZk-MGJi-NDQt-OGMx-NS00-NDVk-LWJl-ZWUt-YTU1-M2-I0-MDlk-Zjg1-Xk-Ey-Xk-Fqc-Gde-QXVy-Mz-Q3-Nzk5-MTU-V1.jpg[/img]
moomargh wrote on 2023-05-13 04:32:08:
It's really weird that for once Finland seems to be doing good :D But it's gonna be awesome!

It's funny, what got me into Eurovision in the first place was Finland winning back in 2006.

MV5-BZTZk-MGJi-NDQt-OGMx-NS00-NDVk-LWJl-ZWUt-YTU1-M2-I0-MDlk-Zjg1-Xk-Ey-Xk-Fqc-Gde-QXVy-Mz-Q3-Nzk5-MTU-V1.jpg

frsiggy1.pngfrsiggy2.pngfrsiggy3.png
[quote name="@Madarakita" date="2023-05-13 06:53:41" ] [quote name="moomargh" date="2023-05-13 04:32:08" ] It's really weird that for once Finland seems to be doing good :D But it's gonna be awesome! [/quote] It's funny, what got me into Eurovision in the first place was Finland winning back in 2006. [img]https://i.postimg.cc/851X88G0/MV5-BZTZk-MGJi-NDQt-OGMx-NS00-NDVk-LWJl-ZWUt-YTU1-M2-I0-MDlk-Zjg1-Xk-Ey-Xk-Fqc-Gde-QXVy-Mz-Q3-Nzk5-MTU-V1.jpg[/img] [/quote] Honestly, there have been few acts since then to come anywhere near Lordi's level of awesomeness. As for me, there's four acts this year that have really caught my interest. Germany's Lord of the Lost (I saw them during one of the interviewing-the-acts sections of the morning news and instantly caught my attention because they're touring with my all-time favourite band, Iron Maiden, so I knew they were gonna be good. I was not wrong.) Moldova's Pasha Parfeni (Same show as above, they showed a clip from the video for Soarele ?i Luna and I was intrigued so went to watch/listen. Instantly loved it and loved it even more when it was performed for the semi-final.) Ukraine's TVORCHI (I always watch the act for the previous winning country, and this one was REALLY good.) Switzerland's Remo Forrer (I heard a snippet of his song on the radio when they were talking about Eurovision and had to watch the performance. Absolutely phenomenal song.) Don't get me wrong, there's some other pretty good acts, such as Portugal's Mimicat, Cyrpus' Andrew Lambrou, Norway's Alessandra, but it's the four acts above that I'm undoubtedly gonna end up listening to more of, once the contest is over. Wish I could say my country, the UK, was one of the ones I liked. No offence to anyone who DOES like Mae's song, but it's not my cup of tea.
@Madarakita wrote on 2023-05-13 06:53:41:
moomargh wrote on 2023-05-13 04:32:08:
It's really weird that for once Finland seems to be doing good :D But it's gonna be awesome!

It's funny, what got me into Eurovision in the first place was Finland winning back in 2006.

MV5-BZTZk-MGJi-NDQt-OGMx-NS00-NDVk-LWJl-ZWUt-YTU1-M2-I0-MDlk-Zjg1-Xk-Ey-Xk-Fqc-Gde-QXVy-Mz-Q3-Nzk5-MTU-V1.jpg

Honestly, there have been few acts since then to come anywhere near Lordi's level of awesomeness.

As for me, there's four acts this year that have really caught my interest.

Germany's Lord of the Lost (I saw them during one of the interviewing-the-acts sections of the morning news and instantly caught my attention because they're touring with my all-time favourite band, Iron Maiden, so I knew they were gonna be good. I was not wrong.)

Moldova's Pasha Parfeni (Same show as above, they showed a clip from the video for Soarele ?i Luna and I was intrigued so went to watch/listen. Instantly loved it and loved it even more when it was performed for the semi-final.)

Ukraine's TVORCHI (I always watch the act for the previous winning country, and this one was REALLY good.)

Switzerland's Remo Forrer (I heard a snippet of his song on the radio when they were talking about Eurovision and had to watch the performance. Absolutely phenomenal song.)

Don't get me wrong, there's some other pretty good acts, such as Portugal's Mimicat, Cyrpus' Andrew Lambrou, Norway's Alessandra, but it's the four acts above that I'm undoubtedly gonna end up listening to more of, once the contest is over.

Wish I could say my country, the UK, was one of the ones I liked. No offence to anyone who DOES like Mae's song, but it's not my cup of tea.
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
1 2 3 4