Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Shelley's Stitched Souvenirs
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/ze5LdV9.png[/img][/center] [center][size=2]([url=https://i.imgur.com/ze5LdV9.png]click for fullview[/url])[/size=2][/center] A new Grand Exchange NPC who can separate large festival apparel items and their recolors (and possibly other items as well?) into smaller individual apparel items. This allows for plenty more customization possibilities since you'd be able to mix-'n'-match apparel to a greater extent - even if it's just combining different recolors. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/CqgAPqQ.png[/img][/center] [center][size=2]([url=https://i.imgur.com/CqgAPqQ.png]click for fullview[/url])[/size=2][/center] Since I'm not sure if the Grand Exchange system supports the NPC giving you several items at once, the chest acts as an intermediary. You trade the original apparel item (here, [gamedb item=2889]) for its chest form, which then contains two or three smaller apparel items. [columns=2] [img]https://i.imgur.com/jnvWuT0.png[/img] [nextcol] [img]https://i.imgur.com/tqA9BR3.png[/img] [/columns] [columns=2] [img]https://i.imgur.com/xabpUyl.png[/img] [nextcol] [img]https://i.imgur.com/CpDykxz.png[/img] [/columns] [columns=2] [img]https://i.imgur.com/Rd6FEMP.png[/img] [nextcol] [img]https://i.imgur.com/JkoblwC.png[/img] [/columns] Worn together these smaller items form the original apparel item, but of course in that case it's more efficient on your apparel slots to keep the item whole — in that case, you can simply trade the individual pieces back to the NPC to receive the original item again. (The chest item would likely be able to be traded back without you having to open it first, too; it's been omitted from the mock-ups to conserve space.) Potential issues: [LIST] [*][u]Influence on the prices of retired apparel[/u]. This is, unfortunately likely inevitable; please remember, however, that the vast majority of apparel you can bring to Shelley's shop won't be retired! If this is too big an issue, omit retired apparel from Shelley's shop altogether and limit Shelley's stock to just available and cycled apparel. [*][u]Selling individual pieces[/u]. The icons I made for my mock-ups don't have this included, but I think the individual apparel pieces could very well be made clanbound, if that's deemed necessary. [*][u]Art workload[/u]. This suggestion is designed around using as much pre-existing art as possible. However, it is likely that it will take a fair amount of time to split the images into their separate components (for each breed!); as such Shelley's stock could be made to have a slower roll-out, with more apparel items being added there on a monthly basis similar to Joxar's Spare Inventory recolors. [*][u]Couldn't Joxar just have this functionality[/u]? Yes, but I like it being handled by a separate NPC for flavor reasons. Mostly, though, having it separate from Joxar also allows for more than just festival apparel to be handled through this system: even though there's a heavy focus on festival apparel in this suggestion (since that's what I mainly had in mind for it), there's other non-festival apparel that could theoretically be split in the same way (for example, [gamedb item=1091]). [*][u]The NPC themselves[/u]. Really, the NPC is just a placeholder. There's zero expectation in this suggestion that this NPC will become an actual character; I just felt like it'd add a little bit of extra charm to the mockups to have the NPC be tiny, cocky and colorful. If you have any issues with the NPC then please don't worry as they're not at the core of this suggestion and will almost certainly be replaced with something else entirely. [/LIST] Overall, though, I think this would be a massive benefit to anyone who likes dressing their dragons up: players who like the bulkier, 'outfit-like' festival apparel can still have that while players who prefer smaller pieces can simply exchange the larger apparel for its components and play around with those instead. ----- Example items, and how they could potentially be split up: [quote=Festival] [gamedb item=973] and recolor: headpiece, necklace and cuffs [gamedb item=35010]: wing jewelry and necklace [gamedb item=40095] and recolor: headpiece and mantle [gamedb item=974]: powerpack and head/arm spikes [gamedb item=35386]: head/neck and tail wires (maybe split off the headpiece, but that requires redrawing) [gamedb item=1223]: hammer, glasses and gloves [gamedb item=5491]: shoulder and back pieces [gamedb item=12529] and recolor: flames and embers [gamedb item=27366] and recolor: collar and kilt [gamedb item=46754]: arm flames and leg flames [gamedb item=24256]: cloak and anklets [gamedb item=27765]: back and tail pieces [gamedb item=36025]: wings and head/back feathers (may require a bit of redrawing? maybe) [gamedb item=41630] and recolor: jewelry and smoke [gamedb item=1792] and recolor: skull and scarf [gamedb item=36367] and recolor: hat and cloak/harp (requires redrawing on many poses) [gamedb item=47497]: skull and arm/leg tufts [gamedb item=2128] and recolor: head and shoulder pieces [gamedb item=14676]: hat, compass and rope/pick [gamedb item=36751]: lens, belt and shards [gamedb item=42344] and recolor: back and arm parts [gamedb item=2481]: arm/leg parts and head parts [gamedb item=8401]: collar and tail crystals [gamedb item=15874]: crown, wing crystals and tail crystals [gamedb item=43117]: cloak and boots [gamedb item=2889] and recolor: crown, collar and runes [gamedb item=37884]: chest and leg parts [gamedb item=49104]: bowl and armband [gamedb item=953] and recolor: feathers and wind effect [gamedb item=17001]: mask and wind effect [gamedb item=21978] and recolor: mantle and bracelets/anklets (requires redrawing on many poses) [gamedb item=49664]: lyre and anklets [gamedb item=954] and recolor: head and arm/leg fins [gamedb item=17530]: different groups of fish [gamedb item=957]: antlers and necklace [gamedb item=18030]: mask and butterflies [gamedb item=34608]: upper and lower parts (requires redrawing on some poses) [gamedb item=50679]: head and back pieces [gamedb item=50221]: bracelet and wing piece [/quote] [quote=Other] [gamedb item=49005] and recolors: arrow and quiver [gamedb item=42694] and recolors: front book and book pile [gamedb item=10962]: goggles and soot effect [gamedb item=28807] and recolors: upper and lower necklace [gamedb item=1091] and recolor: headdress and collar (requires some redrawing on certain poses) [gamedb item=822] and recolor: split into 2 smaller groups [gamedb item=34617] and [gamedb item=42111]: smaller groups or individuals? maybe? [gamedb item=10879] and recolors: separate wing claws and other claws. only problem is the wing claw one won't show on half the breeds [gamedb item=551]: eyebrows and mustache (ok this is only here because it'd be funny) [gamedb item=50751]: mask and back parts [gamedb item=50754]: satchel, brushes and paint splatter [/quote]
ze5LdV9.png

A new Grand Exchange NPC who can separate large festival apparel items and their recolors (and possibly other items as well?) into smaller individual apparel items. This allows for plenty more customization possibilities since you'd be able to mix-'n'-match apparel to a greater extent - even if it's just combining different recolors.
CqgAPqQ.png

Since I'm not sure if the Grand Exchange system supports the NPC giving you several items at once, the chest acts as an intermediary. You trade the original apparel item (here, Tricktrouper Crown) for its chest form, which then contains two or three smaller apparel items.
jnvWuT0.png tqA9BR3.png
xabpUyl.png CpDykxz.png
Rd6FEMP.png JkoblwC.png

Worn together these smaller items form the original apparel item, but of course in that case it's more efficient on your apparel slots to keep the item whole — in that case, you can simply trade the individual pieces back to the NPC to receive the original item again. (The chest item would likely be able to be traded back without you having to open it first, too; it's been omitted from the mock-ups to conserve space.)

Potential issues:
  • Influence on the prices of retired apparel. This is, unfortunately likely inevitable; please remember, however, that the vast majority of apparel you can bring to Shelley's shop won't be retired! If this is too big an issue, omit retired apparel from Shelley's shop altogether and limit Shelley's stock to just available and cycled apparel.
  • Selling individual pieces. The icons I made for my mock-ups don't have this included, but I think the individual apparel pieces could very well be made clanbound, if that's deemed necessary.
  • Art workload. This suggestion is designed around using as much pre-existing art as possible. However, it is likely that it will take a fair amount of time to split the images into their separate components (for each breed!); as such Shelley's stock could be made to have a slower roll-out, with more apparel items being added there on a monthly basis similar to Joxar's Spare Inventory recolors.
  • Couldn't Joxar just have this functionality? Yes, but I like it being handled by a separate NPC for flavor reasons. Mostly, though, having it separate from Joxar also allows for more than just festival apparel to be handled through this system: even though there's a heavy focus on festival apparel in this suggestion (since that's what I mainly had in mind for it), there's other non-festival apparel that could theoretically be split in the same way (for example, River Royalist Headdress).
  • The NPC themselves. Really, the NPC is just a placeholder. There's zero expectation in this suggestion that this NPC will become an actual character; I just felt like it'd add a little bit of extra charm to the mockups to have the NPC be tiny, cocky and colorful. If you have any issues with the NPC then please don't worry as they're not at the core of this suggestion and will almost certainly be replaced with something else entirely.

Overall, though, I think this would be a massive benefit to anyone who likes dressing their dragons up: players who like the bulkier, 'outfit-like' festival apparel can still have that while players who prefer smaller pieces can simply exchange the larger apparel for its components and play around with those instead.

Example items, and how they could potentially be split up:
Festival wrote:
Sunchaser Jewelry and recolor: headpiece, necklace and cuffs
Daybreak Decorations: wing jewelry and necklace
Lustrous Mantle and recolor: headpiece and mantle
Electrician's Power Pack: powerpack and head/arm spikes
Voltvolley Implements: head/neck and tail wires (maybe split off the headpiece, but that requires redrawing)
Metallurgist's Forgetools: hammer, glasses and gloves
Magmatic Pauldrons: shoulder and back pieces
Will o' the Ember and recolor: flames and embers
Conflagrant Kilt and recolor: collar and kilt
Blaze Branches: arm flames and leg flames
Starwood Veil: cloak and anklets
Spellwrought Shardhide: back and tail pieces
Feathery Fallout: wings and head/back feathers (may require a bit of redrawing? maybe)
Bewitching Bangles and recolor: jewelry and smoke
Boneyard Tatters and recolor: skull and scarf
Boneyard Bard and recolor: hat and cloak/harp (requires redrawing on many poses)
Rotted Mane: skull and arm/leg tufts
Eroded Crystalhide and recolor: head and shoulder pieces
Bluffclamber Belongings: hat, compass and rope/pick
Gemologist's Discovery: lens, belt and shards
Fossil Facsimile and recolor: back and arm parts
Frigid Fugitive Shackles: arm/leg parts and head parts
Chillspike Collar: collar and tail crystals
Chillspike Crown: crown, wing crystals and tail crystals
Rimeplate: cloak and boots
Tricktrouper Crown and recolor: crown, collar and runes
Void's Grasp: chest and leg parts
Dark Incense: bowl and armband
Windbound Plumage and recolor: feathers and wind effect
Windbound Mask: mask and wind effect
Bamboo Breeze Cape and recolor: mantle and bracelets/anklets (requires redrawing on many poses)
Song of the Western Wind: lyre and anklets
Thresher Flatfins and recolor: head and arm/leg fins
Warmwater Wanderers: different groups of fish
Naturalist Adornments: antlers and necklace
Butterfly's Kiss: mask and butterflies
Greenskeeper Treeshroud: upper and lower parts (requires redrawing on some poses)
Blossoming Sash: head and back pieces
Seashell Drapes: bracelet and wing piece
Other wrote:
Serenity Lovestruck Arrow and recolors: arrow and quiver
Aged Book Collection and recolors: front book and book pile
Alchemist Eyewear: goggles and soot effect
Haunting Amber Pendants and recolors: upper and lower necklace
River Royalist Headdress and recolor: headdress and collar (requires some redrawing on certain poses)
Ethereal Entourage and recolor: split into 2 smaller groups
Nice Mice and Friend Budgies: smaller groups or individuals? maybe?
Glowing Purple Clawtips and recolors: separate wing claws and other claws. only problem is the wing claw one won't show on half the breeds
Wise Whiskers: eyebrows and mustache (ok this is only here because it'd be funny)
Mosswood Trim: mask and back parts
Artist Satchel: satchel, brushes and paint splatter
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
Tentative support for this only if the NPC doesn't have Stitched/Patched. This seems like it could potentially be such a neat little thing. I'd definitely use it, but the Stitched/Patched genes give me the ick bad. (I know I'm not the only one with this issue, but I'm unsure of how bad it is for others.)
Tentative support for this only if the NPC doesn't have Stitched/Patched. This seems like it could potentially be such a neat little thing. I'd definitely use it, but the Stitched/Patched genes give me the ick bad. (I know I'm not the only one with this issue, but I'm unsure of how bad it is for others.)
qBODy7m.gif
J1KdcMI.png

Writing Shop (WIP)
[quote name="@SpiritsoftheSun" date="2023-05-04 07:18:08" ] Tentative support for this only if the NPC doesn't have Stitched/Patched. This seems like it could potentially be such a neat little thing. I'd definitely use it, but the Stitched/Patched genes give me the ick bad. (I know I'm not the only one with this issue, but I'm unsure of how bad it is for others.) [/quote] keep in mind, it's very unlikely they'll keep the npc as is — essentially it's just a placeholder that adds a little flavor to the mockups; the shop itself being the core suggestion here. so if this does end up becoming a real feature, the npc will probably be entirely different :P
@SpiritsoftheSun wrote on 2023-05-04 07:18:08:
keep in mind, it's very unlikely they'll keep the npc as is — essentially it's just a placeholder that adds a little flavor to the mockups; the shop itself being the core suggestion here. so if this does end up becoming a real feature, the npc will probably be entirely different :P
hi! i'm meteor.

» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
@Limanya

True!! I apologize if that came off as me being aggressive or anything. I assure you I'm not upset at all, just a bit blunt when it comes to trying to get ideas across clearly. >~<"

That said, I do really like the idea for the shop! I don't use fest apparel often because it tends to be very big and bulky. I think having the option to have it broken up like this would be nice.
@Limanya

True!! I apologize if that came off as me being aggressive or anything. I assure you I'm not upset at all, just a bit blunt when it comes to trying to get ideas across clearly. >~<"

That said, I do really like the idea for the shop! I don't use fest apparel often because it tends to be very big and bulky. I think having the option to have it broken up like this would be nice.
qBODy7m.gif
J1KdcMI.png

Writing Shop (WIP)
support! i'd love if they offered this for "smaller" items too, the amount of times i've tried to cover sanddune rags' scarf thing lol
support! i'd love if they offered this for "smaller" items too, the amount of times i've tried to cover sanddune rags' scarf thing lol
34788.png __ kai | he/they | FR+3
» selling / trading thread
» looking for accent wearers
[quote name="snackeater" date="2023-05-04 07:34:14" ] support! i'd love if they offered this for "smaller" items too, the amount of times i've tried to cover sanddune rags' scarf thing lol [/quote] oh that's definitely one of the items i had in mind, don't worry :P basically most fest apparel that consists of multiple distinct parts could very easily be on here
snackeater wrote on 2023-05-04 07:34:14:
oh that's definitely one of the items i had in mind, don't worry :P basically most fest apparel that consists of multiple distinct parts could very easily be on here
hi! i'm meteor.

» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
Great support! some apparels (especially festival) so busy! And I'd like use part of them (sometimes it pocibly hide unneeded parts under other pieses but only sometimes and only on exact pose)
Great support! some apparels (especially festival) so busy! And I'd like use part of them (sometimes it pocibly hide unneeded parts under other pieses but only sometimes and only on exact pose)

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
Full support! There's so many festival apparel pieces that I'd love to use, but one part or another of it just doesn't work. I'd love to just have the compass necklace on the bluffclamber belongings without the hat or tools...
Full support! There's so many festival apparel pieces that I'd love to use, but one part or another of it just doesn't work. I'd love to just have the compass necklace on the bluffclamber belongings without the hat or tools...
vDhkKOl.png | TheGoldDragon
#177402 | FR + 2 | he/they/ey
Tumblr | Icon Dragon
Wishlist | Apparel Trading
Lair Goals | Hatchery
| | LF eggs:
Support! So much outfit potential with this! And i can already think of a few items I'd love to have separate pieces of, this would definitely encourage me to be more active in fests so i can try and get more apparel Also really like the idea of keeping any separated items clanbound! I can already imagine a whole mess of prices and lost pieces if they weren't [emoji=gaoler sad size=1]
Support! So much outfit potential with this! And i can already think of a few items I'd love to have separate pieces of, this would definitely encourage me to be more active in fests so i can try and get more apparel

Also really like the idea of keeping any separated items clanbound! I can already imagine a whole mess of prices and lost pieces if they weren't
Untitled645_20210624214902.png
support!
support!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10