Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Calling all lore clans <3
1 2 3 4 5 6
Sometimes I pay attention to canon/look up lore titbits in official Q&As, but most of the time it's 'Squint hard and pretend that things do not exist'.

My clan's Arcane/Wind aligned and they usually have to deal with funky supernatural happenings, like spirits, eldritch entities, the Shade and occasionally just trouble from regular creatures. It's still very much a WIP though, and the lore thread I have will probably get fully coded and updated at Some Point™.

Much of my complete (ish) bios and active lore dragons are in the first tab of my lair!

The deities very much exist in my lore but are currently caught up in the troubles caused by the Bounty of the Elements (magical surges everywhere do be dangerous) and both the Tidelord and Earthshaker are missing.

In the before times, the deities were slightly closer to their children, but it was still rare to meet a non-exalted dragon that had communicated with them directly. Even for exalted dragons, only individuals with great power and high interest from a deity could hope to meet one.

....Though, there is a rumour that you don't have to be exalted to meet the Shadowbinder. Just sign up for her D&D club, she'll be there!
Sometimes I pay attention to canon/look up lore titbits in official Q&As, but most of the time it's 'Squint hard and pretend that things do not exist'.

My clan's Arcane/Wind aligned and they usually have to deal with funky supernatural happenings, like spirits, eldritch entities, the Shade and occasionally just trouble from regular creatures. It's still very much a WIP though, and the lore thread I have will probably get fully coded and updated at Some Point™.

Much of my complete (ish) bios and active lore dragons are in the first tab of my lair!

The deities very much exist in my lore but are currently caught up in the troubles caused by the Bounty of the Elements (magical surges everywhere do be dangerous) and both the Tidelord and Earthshaker are missing.

In the before times, the deities were slightly closer to their children, but it was still rare to meet a non-exalted dragon that had communicated with them directly. Even for exalted dragons, only individuals with great power and high interest from a deity could hope to meet one.

....Though, there is a rumour that you don't have to be exalted to meet the Shadowbinder. Just sign up for her D&D club, she'll be there!
2LHRMay.png
I've got a few different "tab" clans, all with lore of their own. I guess I'd say I'm... relatively?... canon compliant? But I do break some site lore with the existence of a founding dragon goddess (who sacrificed herself to create the planet) and a small band of dual-elemented dragons who were sent on a mission to find the Tidelord.
I've got a few different "tab" clans, all with lore of their own. I guess I'd say I'm... relatively?... canon compliant? But I do break some site lore with the existence of a founding dragon goddess (who sacrificed herself to create the planet) and a small band of dual-elemented dragons who were sent on a mission to find the Tidelord.
JrBnUx0.pngq9GXCbk.pngsTpMZa9.png
my lore deviates from cannon a lot but it still has the framework, like it still takes place in Sornieth and all the flights exists, but I've rewritten a lot of it to fit better with what I like. like all the gods are evil and the breed stereotypes don't exist.
my lore deviates from cannon a lot but it still has the framework, like it still takes place in Sornieth and all the flights exists, but I've rewritten a lot of it to fit better with what I like. like all the gods are evil and the breed stereotypes don't exist.
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
my lore isn't finished in the SLIGHTEST, but i based it off of just things i find interesting and things i know aren't liked by my deity! it leads to some interestin' lore! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/85241219][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/852413/85241219_350.png[/img][/url] shes my only dragon with lore written down at the moment though
my lore isn't finished in the SLIGHTEST, but i based it off of just things i find interesting and things i know aren't liked by my deity! it leads to some interestin' lore!

85241219_350.png
shes my only dragon with lore written down at the moment though
Jordan Kennedy (links to dragon!) Decepticon pixel button
Terraria pixel button
Yo! My name's Retinazer!
I like Transformers and Terraria!
It's going to be a terrible night..
i don't really have an overarching story or plot, but i have a setting and characters. that's all i really need to feel satisfied with my lore, personally! most of my lore dragons live in and around a small coastal town called Lindenmere, on the northwestern edge of the Windswept Plateau. the citizens are really chill and mostly self-sustaining with food and materials, though they do a lot of trading with visitors and dragons passing through, mostly for metal. there's very little interpersonal drama because it's just something i'm not interested in. everyone mostly gets along with or at least tolerates everyone else. it's all medieval fantasy, but less actual magic and more just the Vibes of that kind of genre, if that makes sense? lot of small bamboo and wood buildings, wooden ships in the harbour, dragons get most of their kitchenware from the local blacksmith, that kind of thing.

i've also got a smaller group of dragons living scattered around Dragonhome (one in the mines of Greatwyrm's Breach, a few out on the Shattered Plain, and a couple others in the Colonnades of Antiquity). they're mostly disconnected from each other, but one of them runs a small crime ring, which is fun

as for your deity question... the Eleven exist, technically, but the large majority of dragons in the world believe in evolution and not a creator (which has been proven by biologists in my lore). they acknowledge that the deities exist, but their influence over the world isn't nearly as impactful as it is in FR canon. they're powerful beings, sure, and they've got a lot more magic than the average dragon, but that's just not a big deal. monthly flight festivities are held in Lindenmere and many other settlements across Sornieth, but they're mostly just an excuse to get some days off work and import fun exotic foods instead of praying to and worshipping the Windsinger a whole bunch. think Canada Day or July 4th for Americans (hmm. maybe less extreme than July 4th). dragons do say "thank the Flamecaller!" and other expressions, but it's like me saying "oh thank god" as an atheist--they're just expressions.

the only actual confirmed deity in my lore is Coffee. i named her when i was like fourteen, but she's responsible for the some of the cycle of seasons--specifically autumn. there are other deities for the other seasons and likely some for local stars as well, but Coffee's the only one living down on Sornieth. she's retired. she gets more cookies and sweets brought to her doorstep in the autumn months, but that's pretty much the extent Lindenmere dragons "worship" her to

other minor details i don't feel the need to write whole paragraphs about:
- divisions between flights are negligible and flight stereotypes have largely phased out. everyone just gets along!!!
- dragon sizes are a LOT less exaggerated--think fae chihuahua to imperial great dane. like yeah the difference is big but it's certainly not as big
- familiars aren't a thing. they're just a game mechanic to me
- exaltation is just a dragon leaving the town, simple as that
- all beastclans are sentient and treated as such. a few Longneck live in Lindenmere and work as ranch hands, some Centaurs regularly trade with the town for supplies. again, things are just generally chill with very little hostility

i don't really have my lore centralized anywhere, but all of my lore dragons have bits of their personalities and stories noted down in their bios!
i don't really have an overarching story or plot, but i have a setting and characters. that's all i really need to feel satisfied with my lore, personally! most of my lore dragons live in and around a small coastal town called Lindenmere, on the northwestern edge of the Windswept Plateau. the citizens are really chill and mostly self-sustaining with food and materials, though they do a lot of trading with visitors and dragons passing through, mostly for metal. there's very little interpersonal drama because it's just something i'm not interested in. everyone mostly gets along with or at least tolerates everyone else. it's all medieval fantasy, but less actual magic and more just the Vibes of that kind of genre, if that makes sense? lot of small bamboo and wood buildings, wooden ships in the harbour, dragons get most of their kitchenware from the local blacksmith, that kind of thing.

i've also got a smaller group of dragons living scattered around Dragonhome (one in the mines of Greatwyrm's Breach, a few out on the Shattered Plain, and a couple others in the Colonnades of Antiquity). they're mostly disconnected from each other, but one of them runs a small crime ring, which is fun

as for your deity question... the Eleven exist, technically, but the large majority of dragons in the world believe in evolution and not a creator (which has been proven by biologists in my lore). they acknowledge that the deities exist, but their influence over the world isn't nearly as impactful as it is in FR canon. they're powerful beings, sure, and they've got a lot more magic than the average dragon, but that's just not a big deal. monthly flight festivities are held in Lindenmere and many other settlements across Sornieth, but they're mostly just an excuse to get some days off work and import fun exotic foods instead of praying to and worshipping the Windsinger a whole bunch. think Canada Day or July 4th for Americans (hmm. maybe less extreme than July 4th). dragons do say "thank the Flamecaller!" and other expressions, but it's like me saying "oh thank god" as an atheist--they're just expressions.

the only actual confirmed deity in my lore is Coffee. i named her when i was like fourteen, but she's responsible for the some of the cycle of seasons--specifically autumn. there are other deities for the other seasons and likely some for local stars as well, but Coffee's the only one living down on Sornieth. she's retired. she gets more cookies and sweets brought to her doorstep in the autumn months, but that's pretty much the extent Lindenmere dragons "worship" her to

other minor details i don't feel the need to write whole paragraphs about:
- divisions between flights are negligible and flight stereotypes have largely phased out. everyone just gets along!!!
- dragon sizes are a LOT less exaggerated--think fae chihuahua to imperial great dane. like yeah the difference is big but it's certainly not as big
- familiars aren't a thing. they're just a game mechanic to me
- exaltation is just a dragon leaving the town, simple as that
- all beastclans are sentient and treated as such. a few Longneck live in Lindenmere and work as ranch hands, some Centaurs regularly trade with the town for supplies. again, things are just generally chill with very little hostility

i don't really have my lore centralized anywhere, but all of my lore dragons have bits of their personalities and stories noted down in their bios!
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Sailor
she/he
milkchai-cacat.png
The gods are infact real and mostly every dragon knows of that, there are other beings who be sort of up there with the gods but they'll never really reach it. Although the gods themselves don't play much of a role expect for worldbuilding and stuff
The gods are infact real and mostly every dragon knows of that, there are other beings who be sort of up there with the gods but they'll never really reach it. Although the gods themselves don't play much of a role expect for worldbuilding and stuff
ca4nyRv.png vZmPWxA.png
dIMtL1H.png HJLIYn4.png
tumblr_inline_njw5imw9Dw1qg2i5p.gif
m5Wt3n0.pnglAR8cRt.png0ZSX2ZT.png2eU40bl.pngD3ADKVK.pngPsCGMAP.png
HsTPUMH.pngHsTPUMH.png
I don't have much written in bios yet, but I am a lore lair! I do have some stuff written on the bios of my first two dragons though, so I've been slowly getting stuff done.

I use a mix of canon lore with my own additions. Like, size differences do exist but there's magic that can reduce the size of the larger ones for interactions.

The canon deities do exist in my lore (and they can take physical forms to mingle/interact with dragons if they want, which is an uncommon/rare thing nowadays), and I also have a 12th flight with deity I've been slowly working on, only just recently figured some bigger stuff out about that.

I'm always open for lore connections, though I tend to use gijinkas p: But in my lore not all clans use gijinkas anyways, so they still interact with dragons in dragon forms (and I imagine anthro clans would work too), so people not using them isn't a problem!
I don't have much written in bios yet, but I am a lore lair! I do have some stuff written on the bios of my first two dragons though, so I've been slowly getting stuff done.

I use a mix of canon lore with my own additions. Like, size differences do exist but there's magic that can reduce the size of the larger ones for interactions.

The canon deities do exist in my lore (and they can take physical forms to mingle/interact with dragons if they want, which is an uncommon/rare thing nowadays), and I also have a 12th flight with deity I've been slowly working on, only just recently figured some bigger stuff out about that.

I'm always open for lore connections, though I tend to use gijinkas p: But in my lore not all clans use gijinkas anyways, so they still interact with dragons in dragon forms (and I imagine anthro clans would work too), so people not using them isn't a problem!
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
@Kiln
I don't have a lot since I've only been here half a year. But I actually do try to match FR canon as close as possible. Plus I like to think there's at least a lot of interesting dragons in my lair.

Here's my pitch!

The power to wield more than one element is a power coveted by many dragons of Sornieth. Many have said it is outright impossible, if not unheard of. But there is a rumour of a guild of adventurers close to unlocking the secret to becoming a dual element dragon.

Starting with one humble dragon's search for her mysterious origins, Lady Ashmane sets off a chain of events that will one day change the face of dragon society forever.
@Kiln
I don't have a lot since I've only been here half a year. But I actually do try to match FR canon as close as possible. Plus I like to think there's at least a lot of interesting dragons in my lair.

Here's my pitch!

The power to wield more than one element is a power coveted by many dragons of Sornieth. Many have said it is outright impossible, if not unheard of. But there is a rumour of a guild of adventurers close to unlocking the secret to becoming a dual element dragon.

Starting with one humble dragon's search for her mysterious origins, Lady Ashmane sets off a chain of events that will one day change the face of dragon society forever.
Come visit my lore lair! It's a fun time here.

Something strange is happening on Sornieth. All across the world, dragons have begun to be born with multiple elements. How? Why? As dragons all across Sornieth takes notice, the wheel of fate begins to turn, as one fae's search for her mysterious origins leads her down a path that could change Sornieth forever.
Here's my clan lore and a link to my Biolocke, which holds links to my lore dragons

I will say, I do have several lore groups so it might be sorta long

As for your questions:

How much of a part do the canon FR gods play in your lore?

Not much for any of my lore groups. My main one has their roles as beings who play non-active roles. Occasionally a seer may get a prophecy for a 'chosen one' (usually during sub-clan expansions with the chosen one being the one who will lead it). These chosen ones are typically seen as gifts from the deities/blessed by them.

Beyond that however, they're just sort of there and the group sends dragons off to them to stay in their favor.

For my other lore groups the deities aren't really mentioned. Their role just isn't part of the lore and the groups don't hold a focus on them. In fact, I have one lore group with a demi-god leader who they pretty much worship in place of the deities.

Do they even exist?

Yes! Across all lore groups (who all share the same 'universe' in my lore/co-exist in the same world) they know the deities are real.

I do tend to stick closer to canon so events like the Dustcarve Dig where Earthshaker literally made the Obelisks is very much proof of the deities being real. With dragons being able to come back from exaltation (where in canon they go serve the deities) I'd say that they'd have pretty solid proof that they're real given they'd be going to work for said deity
Here's my clan lore and a link to my Biolocke, which holds links to my lore dragons

I will say, I do have several lore groups so it might be sorta long

As for your questions:

How much of a part do the canon FR gods play in your lore?

Not much for any of my lore groups. My main one has their roles as beings who play non-active roles. Occasionally a seer may get a prophecy for a 'chosen one' (usually during sub-clan expansions with the chosen one being the one who will lead it). These chosen ones are typically seen as gifts from the deities/blessed by them.

Beyond that however, they're just sort of there and the group sends dragons off to them to stay in their favor.

For my other lore groups the deities aren't really mentioned. Their role just isn't part of the lore and the groups don't hold a focus on them. In fact, I have one lore group with a demi-god leader who they pretty much worship in place of the deities.

Do they even exist?

Yes! Across all lore groups (who all share the same 'universe' in my lore/co-exist in the same world) they know the deities are real.

I do tend to stick closer to canon so events like the Dustcarve Dig where Earthshaker literally made the Obelisks is very much proof of the deities being real. With dragons being able to come back from exaltation (where in canon they go serve the deities) I'd say that they'd have pretty solid proof that they're real given they'd be going to work for said deity
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
I try to stick to canon deities and lore, but make it my own. A lot of things have been changed lately, admittedly, and I've been too busy with work (and have 300+ dragons...) that I'm still working on updating it to current site canon, lol. But this is a good rundown so far of my lore: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/42839433][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/428395/42839433_350.png[/img][/url] And a pretty hefty chunk of my lair has, if nothing else, placeholder blurbs for when I fully flesh them out.
I try to stick to canon deities and lore, but make it my own. A lot of things have been changed lately, admittedly, and I've been too busy with work (and have 300+ dragons...) that I'm still working on updating it to current site canon, lol.

But this is a good rundown so far of my lore:

42839433_350.png

And a pretty hefty chunk of my lair has, if nothing else, placeholder blurbs for when I fully flesh them out.
294869_900.png421497_900.png421214_900.png341914_900.png
1 2 3 4 5 6