Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | how do you see ancient dragon sizes?
1 2 3
i dont love the massive size diff in fr dragons so thats a disclaimer. i also do not remember the middle of the size spectrum other than veils and faes are [size=1]small[/size]. but i dont want them to get stepped on so theyre just petits i always imagined banes and gaos to be the same size so that 1. the ancient war was relatively fair and 2. the get to do the 'haha ur so short' (it's 1cm) competition thing in modern times to reflect the war but big abbers do make me happy sooo heres my ms paint chart. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/391966973413556224/1065364534832943195/image.png[/img]
i dont love the massive size diff in fr dragons so thats a disclaimer. i also do not remember the middle of the size spectrum other than veils and faes are small. but i dont want them to get stepped on so theyre just petits

i always imagined banes and gaos to be the same size so that 1. the ancient war was relatively fair and 2. the get to do the 'haha ur so short' (it's 1cm) competition thing in modern times to reflect the war

but big abbers do make me happy sooo heres my ms paint chart. image.png

____babab__aebe_
Vista: Bisexual Ribbon Vista: Genderfluid Ribbon
order from largest to smallest

undertide
abberation
gaoler
bane
veil
order from largest to smallest

undertide
abberation
gaoler
bane
veil
Hey I'm Helix|+2 FR Time| I collect Jade/Obsidian dragons regardless of the tert or Gen Check out my Accent shop!
[quote name="Snallygaster" date="2023-01-18 04:49:26" ] I use canon sizes for everything BUT Veilspun. They're 1-2 inches long in my lore because I really wanted them to be buggy fairy dragons. [/quote] [quote name="@BarbaraFett" date="2023-01-18 07:25:41" ] Veilspuns are somewhere between the size of sparrows and doves; I have one use a broken clay pot as a bed in one of my lore stories. [/quote] i'm the opposite here (although i do think tiny veils are really cute and it makes more sense) i like the idea of veils being massive dragons that lurk down in caverns and murky underground tunnels. not sure why, that's just how they are in my head. veils are huuuuuge to me and i know they aren't that big in canon but they're massive in my heart. bigger dragon bug, more to hug
Snallygaster wrote on 2023-01-18 04:49:26:
I use canon sizes for everything BUT Veilspun. They're 1-2 inches long in my lore because I really wanted them to be buggy fairy dragons.
@BarbaraFett wrote on 2023-01-18 07:25:41:
Veilspuns are somewhere between the size of sparrows and doves; I have one use a broken clay pot as a bed in one of my lore stories.

i'm the opposite here (although i do think tiny veils are really cute and it makes more sense) i like the idea of veils being massive dragons that lurk down in caverns and murky underground tunnels. not sure why, that's just how they are in my head. veils are huuuuuge to me and i know they aren't that big in canon but they're massive in my heart. bigger dragon bug, more to hug
SHIRE
IT/ITS
FR+2
ENG/PT-BR
PINGS OKAY!
aAomFUL.gif
I mostly follow canon sizes but with exceptions.

Veils are the same size as fae but with a smaller wingspan pretty much. Maybe a little shorter if we are including tails but not by much. Both are the size of an average cat at their smallest, and a bobcat at their biggest (I am ignoring the tail because that would add a lot of extra length).

Gaolers are slightly larger than banes but not nearly as huge as the huge dragon breeds.

Banes are midsized dragons but upper midsized.

Untertides are huge. Barely smaller than an imp at their biggest, just longer than a Gaoler at their smallest, most fall somewhere inbetween. I imagine they are mostly muscle like snakes, so even though imps are bulkier body shape wise and usually longer, Undertides still tend to weigh more than they look like, usually closer to what an imp would.

Abers range from average midsized dragon to nearly gaoler sized for regular abers. Giant abers vary from my idea of how big an obelisk is to almost guardian sized, but usually on the smaller side of the range.
I mostly follow canon sizes but with exceptions.

Veils are the same size as fae but with a smaller wingspan pretty much. Maybe a little shorter if we are including tails but not by much. Both are the size of an average cat at their smallest, and a bobcat at their biggest (I am ignoring the tail because that would add a lot of extra length).

Gaolers are slightly larger than banes but not nearly as huge as the huge dragon breeds.

Banes are midsized dragons but upper midsized.

Untertides are huge. Barely smaller than an imp at their biggest, just longer than a Gaoler at their smallest, most fall somewhere inbetween. I imagine they are mostly muscle like snakes, so even though imps are bulkier body shape wise and usually longer, Undertides still tend to weigh more than they look like, usually closer to what an imp would.

Abers range from average midsized dragon to nearly gaoler sized for regular abers. Giant abers vary from my idea of how big an obelisk is to almost guardian sized, but usually on the smaller side of the range.
I will put something here eventually.
i see undertides as the biggest dragon period, abberrations the height of a school bus, banescales the size and bulk of a draft horse, gaolers the height of a 2-story house (and width nearly to match), and veilspuns the size and general shape of a male lion.
i see undertides as the biggest dragon period, abberrations the height of a school bus, banescales the size and bulk of a draft horse, gaolers the height of a 2-story house (and width nearly to match), and veilspuns the size and general shape of a male lion.
OFDnJ2q.jpeg
I'm generally aware and at least vaguely respectful of the canon breed sizes (makes for some fun composition!) but I had no idea banescales were so small!!! they're like skydancer sized! I pictured them as similar in size to gaolers.
I'm generally aware and at least vaguely respectful of the canon breed sizes (makes for some fun composition!) but I had no idea banescales were so small!!! they're like skydancer sized! I pictured them as similar in size to gaolers.
chrysanthe-sig-left.pngart shop (link)art thread (link)
I always imagine the dragons how their art is, with the exception of knowing fae are much smaller. But like veilspuns, imperials, and gaolers are all the same size in my head cause their art all looks pretty similar in size. Haha, only recently realized veilspuns are also tiny.
I always imagine the dragons how their art is, with the exception of knowing fae are much smaller. But like veilspuns, imperials, and gaolers are all the same size in my head cause their art all looks pretty similar in size. Haha, only recently realized veilspuns are also tiny.
Hail Derek and hope for the best!
C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif
I desperately want undertides to be closer subnautica Reaper Levithan size.
Yes it's ridiculously big, but I love the idea of them just being just the massive dragons that live deep in the oceans.
I desperately want undertides to be closer subnautica Reaper Levithan size.
Yes it's ridiculously big, but I love the idea of them just being just the massive dragons that live deep in the oceans.
My suggestion threads:
I like the canon sizes! Here's a comparative graphic, using some random exalted dragons, canon sizes, and a 1.7m stick figure (~average adult human): [img]https://i.postimg.cc/FF3MNSZX/65906463-350.gif[/img]
I like the canon sizes!
Here's a comparative graphic, using some random exalted dragons, canon sizes, and a 1.7m stick figure (~average adult human):
65906463-350.gif
Do you like familiar matching~? Come check it out.
boo.pngBoolean.png
honestly i always picture everyone *roughly* the same size. i consider imperials the biggest, and from there undertides are probably close at least length wise. like an outstretched undertide is probably usually longer than a full imperial from head to tail but otherwise theyre not very bulky so they always seem smaller. gaolers are bigger than tundras, enough that its noticable but its not like, completely dwarfing them. i honestly never really pictured veils as being super duper tiny? like i still figure fae being smaller. i know theyre supposed to be itty bitty but idk, it just doesnt go that way in my head lmao. they are fairly small tho, only about twice as big as a fae.

going with canon site size lore makes multispecies clans super difficult to envision fgduisla
honestly i always picture everyone *roughly* the same size. i consider imperials the biggest, and from there undertides are probably close at least length wise. like an outstretched undertide is probably usually longer than a full imperial from head to tail but otherwise theyre not very bulky so they always seem smaller. gaolers are bigger than tundras, enough that its noticable but its not like, completely dwarfing them. i honestly never really pictured veils as being super duper tiny? like i still figure fae being smaller. i know theyre supposed to be itty bitty but idk, it just doesnt go that way in my head lmao. they are fairly small tho, only about twice as big as a fae.

going with canon site size lore makes multispecies clans super difficult to envision fgduisla
fguisa.png
................e0gVkz3.png ................. 5hF3FGk.png
................. xj6Mn2e.png
................. CISPrku.png
................. etYYz4O.png
1 2 3