Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Randomize all + Lock for Scrying
1 2
[center]I know I like playing around in the scrying workshop. I like sticking my older dragons in there and seeing what some of the new gene combos do to them. Sometimes I like just messing around to see if there's a new dragon that I want to try working towards, and other times I have a dragon whose colours I absolutely adore but who I have no idea [i]what[/i] I want to do with them and I end up hitting the randomize button for pretty much every category except for their colours. And you know what? It's all pretty easy to do, just a few button clicks. [i][b]buuuuuuuut[/b][/i] I think that, even thought it would be a small change, it would be a very if we were to get the option to Randomize All when Scrying a dragon (be it one we don't have and want to work towards, one we DO have and want to change). Of course, if we did get that option I think we should also get the option to lock certain selections so that, if you find something you like and want to keep, you can lock it in and then continue randomizing without fear of losing that - or those - specific selections. So for example, say you've got a dragon whose colours go together well and you like, but you just don't know what genes to give it or if you want to keep it the same breed or even change it's eye type up so you take it to the scrying workshop; Right now, you'd have to slap randomize on the Breed, Primary/Secondary/Tertiary Gene, and Eye Type categories until you found something you liked. That's 7 different categories that all have to be done individually. With the Lock Selection and Randomize all options, instead of having to individually randomize them, you could instead lock the categories you don't want to - or can't change - and press one button to randomize everything else all at once! [quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2023-02-01 15:31:35" ] Also if possible, I'd love to be able to lock certain things like genes and then import a dragon id#. So when a new gene or breed comes out I could lock the new genes and import dragons to see how they'd look, without having to select them every single time when I'm scrying dozens of g1s to see if anybody looks good with the new stuff. [/quote][/center]
I know I like playing around in the scrying workshop. I like sticking my older dragons in there and seeing what some of the new gene combos do to them. Sometimes I like just messing around to see if there's a new dragon that I want to try working towards, and other times I have a dragon whose colours I absolutely adore but who I have no idea what I want to do with them and I end up hitting the randomize button for pretty much every category except for their colours.

And you know what? It's all pretty easy to do, just a few button clicks.
buuuuuuuut

I think that, even thought it would be a small change, it would be a very if we were to get the option to Randomize All when Scrying a dragon (be it one we don't have and want to work towards, one we DO have and want to change). Of course, if we did get that option I think we should also get the option to lock certain selections so that, if you find something you like and want to keep, you can lock it in and then continue randomizing without fear of losing that - or those - specific selections.

So for example, say you've got a dragon whose colours go together well and you like, but you just don't know what genes to give it or if you want to keep it the same breed or even change it's eye type up so you take it to the scrying workshop; Right now, you'd have to slap randomize on the Breed, Primary/Secondary/Tertiary Gene, and Eye Type categories until you found something you liked. That's 7 different categories that all have to be done individually.

With the Lock Selection and Randomize all options, instead of having to individually randomize them, you could instead lock the categories you don't want to - or can't change - and press one button to randomize everything else all at once!
PersimmonBird wrote on 2023-02-01 15:31:35:
Also if possible, I'd love to be able to lock certain things like genes and then import a dragon id#. So when a new gene or breed comes out I could lock the new genes and import dragons to see how they'd look, without having to select them every single time when I'm scrying dozens of g1s to see if anybody looks good with the new stuff.
My suggestion threads:
Support!

This would be dream come true! I'd love to be able to lock colours for my G1's and then roll all genes/breed at once!
Support!

This would be dream come true! I'd love to be able to lock colours for my G1's and then roll all genes/breed at once!
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
Support.

Also if possible, I'd love to be able to lock certain things like genes and then import a dragon id#. So when a new gene or breed comes out I could lock the new genes and import dragons to see how they'd look, without having to select them every single time when I'm scrying dozens of g1s to see if anybody looks good with the new stuff.
Support.

Support.

This would make it so much faster and easier, especially for Gen1s. I desperately need this option. Otherwise I love spending 20+ minutes in Scry any other time.
Support.

This would make it so much faster and easier, especially for Gen1s. I desperately need this option. Otherwise I love spending 20+ minutes in Scry any other time.
shadow_0.png

cVPo4yi.png
jA5A7gu.png
leo4ZYP.png

Yw8EvNQ.png
VvgJdjI.png
oaolHwW.png
light_2.png Looking to buy a copy of Skin: Shadekind. Pm if interested
I have wanted this for awhile, and the Lorwolf demo made me want it even more!
I have wanted this for awhile, and the Lorwolf demo made me want it even more!
eP65k0J.png
support this would be an amazing feature to have!
support this would be an amazing feature to have!
tumblr_inline_ofoo1he8Ky1tfmvub_100.png
i do the exact same thing!

but i would like to ADD, if i may....

the ability to go down the list of genes (ie: with the keyboard cursor keys). to try each one out one by one. with an automatic refresh after changing.

right now, i can use the randomize button on the gene and get... well, random ones. some repeats. some more than others. sometimes missing one... when what i really want to do is see each and every gene variation.

(because lord knows, i don't know what i want until i see each option at least 3 times! :X )
i do the exact same thing!

but i would like to ADD, if i may....

the ability to go down the list of genes (ie: with the keyboard cursor keys). to try each one out one by one. with an automatic refresh after changing.

right now, i can use the randomize button on the gene and get... well, random ones. some repeats. some more than others. sometimes missing one... when what i really want to do is see each and every gene variation.

(because lord knows, i don't know what i want until i see each option at least 3 times! :X )
Sure, no objections.

I, personally, would also like to see something that would "link" Prim and Sec genes, so you could try "gene pairs" on a dragon. For example, if I loaded Nereid (my avatar) into the Workshop and linked the first two genes together, and then selected Iridescent, Shimmer would automatically load as well.

Why? Because a lot of genes pairs look good together (after all, they are designed together), and we're getting to have so many genes I can't remember which ones go with which without trial-and-error selecting half a dozen.
Sure, no objections.

I, personally, would also like to see something that would "link" Prim and Sec genes, so you could try "gene pairs" on a dragon. For example, if I loaded Nereid (my avatar) into the Workshop and linked the first two genes together, and then selected Iridescent, Shimmer would automatically load as well.

Why? Because a lot of genes pairs look good together (after all, they are designed together), and we're getting to have so many genes I can't remember which ones go with which without trial-and-error selecting half a dozen.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I have, no exaggeration, been wishing we had this for years. It would improve the scrying workshop immensely and get me into even more trouble dreaming up ridiculous projects.

Bloodsong's addition would also be very helpful.
I have, no exaggeration, been wishing we had this for years. It would improve the scrying workshop immensely and get me into even more trouble dreaming up ridiculous projects.

Bloodsong's addition would also be very helpful.
he is going to eat your cursorthat sure is a dragonto the endless gardenwould a loving god have created spiral anatomy?wherein I try to draw my lairbuy these dragons before they eat all my foodthere's nothing in this book. you've been had.accent shop
ooh i really like this idea

i would also like a reset option that basically sets all the colors to white or something and the genes to basic to help with looking at scries for potential projects
ooh i really like this idea

i would also like a reset option that basically sets all the colors to white or something and the genes to basic to help with looking at scries for potential projects
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
1 2