Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [TOOL] Mega Projects Spreadsheet
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[quote name="Chimecho" date="2022-12-05 07:02:13" ][i]snip[/i][/quote] Row 4 has formulas in columns B and X. If you're deleting Row 4, it's going to delete those formulas, and if you're copy & pasting on top of B4 and X4, it's also going to mess it up. The error saying "would overwrite data in B5" means that there's something entered in cell B5 that shouldn't be there. Considering the images still show up, presumably the formula from B4 got copied to B5 and simply needs to be deleted from B5. The raw template spreadsheet shouldn't have this issue itself, but if you've copied & pasted the exact cells from your broken spreadsheet, it'll be copying the same pieces that are breaking your old sheet. If cell B5 does have contents you empty and it's still resulting in issues, I'd love it if I could take a look at your spreadsheet in person!
Chimecho wrote on 2022-12-05 07:02:13:
snip
Row 4 has formulas in columns B and X. If you're deleting Row 4, it's going to delete those formulas, and if you're copy & pasting on top of B4 and X4, it's also going to mess it up.

The error saying "would overwrite data in B5" means that there's something entered in cell B5 that shouldn't be there. Considering the images still show up, presumably the formula from B4 got copied to B5 and simply needs to be deleted from B5.

The raw template spreadsheet shouldn't have this issue itself, but if you've copied & pasted the exact cells from your broken spreadsheet, it'll be copying the same pieces that are breaking your old sheet.

If cell B5 does have contents you empty and it's still resulting in issues, I'd love it if I could take a look at your spreadsheet in person!
*~*~*~*~*
Previously
Morichinatsu
*~*~*~*~*
FBJNgPs.png 8eLgwHU.png tuKAvP2.png 8a4I5lk.png FBJNgPs.png
I
VlDJnIY.png
polar
bears
and
jmrzRk7.pngs
@Galaxtea Thank you for all your hard work! It's really appreciated and this mega sheet is incredible <3
@Galaxtea Thank you for all your hard work! It's really appreciated and this mega sheet is incredible <3
UkYzoEc.png CiQLeZ0.png

she/her
FR time+3

tumblr_inline_nyp050hXwR1r9cp7v_75sq.png
Loving this spreadsheet! All this data in one convenient place scratches my brain so good. Although, I have one tiny issue I've come across while putting in some of my project dragons; [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64885581][b]Prequelle[/b][/url] has both a gene project and an apparel project going on. The issue is with the [u]Apparel Project.[/u] Every piece of apparel seems to display correctly [i]except for[/i] the [u][b]Candle Cascade.[/u][/b] Attaching some screenshots to show what is in place of the cells instead of typical display information, and the original image showing the same ordering as the outfit in the dressing room. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/eXBWSqm.png[/img][/center] All cells for the line read N/A, with an error "Did not find value '48175' in VLOOKUP evaluation." when hovering the cursor over them. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/ehTOjbp.png[/img][/center] Original order in the Dressing Room, showing the intended item in the same slot as on the Mastersheet. I do already own this piece of apparel, so it's not like I need it for reference, but in the meantime of finishing the rest of the outfit it does make the sheet look unfinished. Please let me know if there's anything I may have done incorrectly! Also, wanted to ask if there was any plans to implement Silhouette Scrolls into the Gene Project tab? (Or if there is a way that I'm missing?) I have 2 dragons that that are trans flag colors and are intended to be a pair, but I feel the need to use a Silohuette Scroll on both of them (one of them already has one) as... I suppose halfway lore purposes. I have ideas on how to make it work if you'd be interested and its not already there and I'm just missing it! ^^'
Loving this spreadsheet! All this data in one convenient place scratches my brain so good.

Although, I have one tiny issue I've come across while putting in some of my project dragons;

Prequelle has both a gene project and an apparel project going on. The issue is with the Apparel Project.

Every piece of apparel seems to display correctly except for the Candle Cascade. Attaching some screenshots to show what is in place of the cells instead of typical display information, and the original image showing the same ordering as the outfit in the dressing room.

eXBWSqm.png

All cells for the line read N/A, with an error "Did not find value '48175' in VLOOKUP evaluation." when hovering the cursor over them.

ehTOjbp.png

Original order in the Dressing Room, showing the intended item in the same slot as on the Mastersheet.

I do already own this piece of apparel, so it's not like I need it for reference, but in the meantime of finishing the rest of the outfit it does make the sheet look unfinished. Please let me know if there's anything I may have done incorrectly!

Also, wanted to ask if there was any plans to implement Silhouette Scrolls into the Gene Project tab? (Or if there is a way that I'm missing?)
I have 2 dragons that that are trans flag colors and are intended to be a pair, but I feel the need to use a Silohuette Scroll on both of them (one of them already has one) as... I suppose halfway lore purposes. I have ideas on how to make it work if you'd be interested and its not already there and I'm just missing it! ^^'
2oKWxc3.png
@rottingjaw

I don't know whether or not you still want an answer to your above question, but I encountered a similar problem and I believe I have figured out the cause. It appears that the apparel item that is showing as an error isn't in the data spreedsheet the mege sheet pulls from. You can view the data spreedsheet on the front page of this thread. It can only be edited by the owner, who appears to be on hiatus, so there isn't currently a way to fix this. :)

Sorry if this in any way bothers you. I just figured I'd try and answer your question in case you were still curious.
@rottingjaw

I don't know whether or not you still want an answer to your above question, but I encountered a similar problem and I believe I have figured out the cause. It appears that the apparel item that is showing as an error isn't in the data spreedsheet the mege sheet pulls from. You can view the data spreedsheet on the front page of this thread. It can only be edited by the owner, who appears to be on hiatus, so there isn't currently a way to fix this. :)

Sorry if this in any way bothers you. I just figured I'd try and answer your question in case you were still curious.
Q8J5IQb.pngBWuj5Z9.png
Has anyone else recently encountered an issue where all but the first image in the dragons tab vanished? I was able to fix this by dragging the box down, but that had never been an issue in the months I've been using the sheet. Around the same time, I also noticed that my gene project and apparel project tabs are now displaying only the first dragon in those tabs, for all the dragons (see image). Might this have something to do with the site refactors? I noticed it starting after the most recent maintenance and had never had these issues before. [img]https://i.imgur.com/ETffYLX.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/5rdldPE.png[/img]
Has anyone else recently encountered an issue where all but the first image in the dragons tab vanished? I was able to fix this by dragging the box down, but that had never been an issue in the months I've been using the sheet.

Around the same time, I also noticed that my gene project and apparel project tabs are now displaying only the first dragon in those tabs, for all the dragons (see image).

Might this have something to do with the site refactors? I noticed it starting after the most recent maintenance and had never had these issues before.

ETffYLX.png
5rdldPE.png
UkYzoEc.png CiQLeZ0.png

she/her
FR time+3

@Annadrujok This is happening with me too! Any edit I make, no matter how minor, causes all images to disappear, and for my gene projects page to look just like yours-- every image replaced with the picture and project scry of the first dragon in the list.

I have multiple copies of the sheet for different related projects, and even tried making a fresh copy of the OG sheet, and all of them have the same issue.

It started sometime after June 8th, which was the last time I made edits to the sheet. I then noticed the problem yesterday when I went to remove two old projects dragons I no longer have.
@Annadrujok This is happening with me too! Any edit I make, no matter how minor, causes all images to disappear, and for my gene projects page to look just like yours-- every image replaced with the picture and project scry of the first dragon in the list.

I have multiple copies of the sheet for different related projects, and even tried making a fresh copy of the OG sheet, and all of them have the same issue.

It started sometime after June 8th, which was the last time I made edits to the sheet. I then noticed the problem yesterday when I went to remove two old projects dragons I no longer have.
ed8f97402b1d586634e8d45119ae4bdb2056e089.png
@rottingjaw @Annadrujok @TwoTimesMartyred
Thanks for the reports everyone. As @WICKEDisgood818 mentioned, the data spreadsheets were outdated and causing these issues. They should all be up-to-date as of this moment, so your spreadsheets should be fixed as well.

I try to update the data spreadsheets at least once a month or every other month at the moment while I've been kind of hiatus from petsites. It definitely wasn't my intention to let them get 7 months out of date, but life happens sometimes.
@rottingjaw @Annadrujok @TwoTimesMartyred
Thanks for the reports everyone. As @WICKEDisgood818 mentioned, the data spreadsheets were outdated and causing these issues. They should all be up-to-date as of this moment, so your spreadsheets should be fixed as well.

I try to update the data spreadsheets at least once a month or every other month at the moment while I've been kind of hiatus from petsites. It definitely wasn't my intention to let them get 7 months out of date, but life happens sometimes.
*~*~*~*~*
Previously
Morichinatsu
*~*~*~*~*
FBJNgPs.png 8eLgwHU.png tuKAvP2.png 8a4I5lk.png FBJNgPs.png
I
VlDJnIY.png
polar
bears
and
jmrzRk7.pngs
@Galaxtea it's no issue at all! I saw your update about being on hiatus after I posted the issue. Life does happen, and I'm sorry for the circumstances! I hope things are easier on you now, and thank you very much for returning to this <3
@Galaxtea it's no issue at all! I saw your update about being on hiatus after I posted the issue. Life does happen, and I'm sorry for the circumstances! I hope things are easier on you now, and thank you very much for returning to this <3
2oKWxc3.png
@Galaxtea Thank you for all your hard work! It truly is appreciated <3 If you'd like any help keeping the sheet's database up to date when new breeds/genes/apparel etc. is released, I would be happy to help out! I would just need to be told how to update it. If that's something you'd be interested in, feel free to PM me and we could discuss more details!
@Galaxtea Thank you for all your hard work! It truly is appreciated <3 If you'd like any help keeping the sheet's database up to date when new breeds/genes/apparel etc. is released, I would be happy to help out! I would just need to be told how to update it. If that's something you'd be interested in, feel free to PM me and we could discuss more details!
UkYzoEc.png CiQLeZ0.png

she/her
FR time+3

Thank you so much for updating the data sheets! This spreedsheet is truly a godsend. As Annadrujok mentioned, if you ever need help updating the data sheets I would be more than willing to help. :)
@Galaxtea

Thank you so much for updating the data sheets! This spreedsheet is truly a godsend. As Annadrujok mentioned, if you ever need help updating the data sheets I would be more than willing to help. :)
Q8J5IQb.pngBWuj5Z9.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9