Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR economy pet peeves?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[quote name="DoubleO" date="2022-12-14 10:56:52" ] Place an item listing cap so whenever you go to any page on the Auction House, you'll always see at least 3 different sellers. Therefore, treasure will flow to more players especially whenever there's large buying sprees. A player can still have hundreds of listings, but they can only have *4 listings of the same item (doesn't matter if it's a 99-stack or not), and the limit only applies to identical, non-dragon items like food, familiars, materials, etc. The limit would obviously not apply to dragons because dragons are non-identical items (ID number, colors, gender, etc.) and players need to lair purge, sell hatchlings and fodder dragons, etc. *Note: The only reason the cap is "4" is because of the horrible 10-listings-per-page default setting. The better fix is to increase the default page listing and then have player cap to a slightly higher number, but still allow 3+ sellers to be easily seen by buyers. [/quote] Nothing more annoying than trying to sell an item and then getting it undercut by like 15 different listings from the same person lol
DoubleO wrote on 2022-12-14 10:56:52:
Place an item listing cap so whenever you go to any page on the Auction House, you'll always see at least 3 different sellers. Therefore, treasure will flow to more players especially whenever there's large buying sprees.

A player can still have hundreds of listings, but they can only have *4 listings of the same item (doesn't matter if it's a 99-stack or not), and the limit only applies to identical, non-dragon items like food, familiars, materials, etc.

The limit would obviously not apply to dragons because dragons are non-identical items (ID number, colors, gender, etc.) and players need to lair purge, sell hatchlings and fodder dragons, etc.

*Note: The only reason the cap is "4" is because of the horrible 10-listings-per-page default setting. The better fix is to increase the default page listing and then have player cap to a slightly higher number, but still allow 3+ sellers to be easily seen by buyers.

Nothing more annoying than trying to sell an item and then getting it undercut by like 15 different listings from the same person lol
forum signature under construction WOOOHOOO!
Most of the things mentioned are all controlled by other players and their personal preferences and methods of play.

The FR economy is pretty awesome, compared to other game economies. I've played in so many where everything was pretty much worthless, except a few premium/insanely rare items. It's probably the reason I've been active here for.. 6 1/2 years o_o
Most of the things mentioned are all controlled by other players and their personal preferences and methods of play.

The FR economy is pretty awesome, compared to other game economies. I've played in so many where everything was pretty much worthless, except a few premium/insanely rare items. It's probably the reason I've been active here for.. 6 1/2 years o_o
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
[quote name="ufology" date="2022-12-13 18:16:09" ] paying artists in a fair gem to USD ratio ... most shops charge like 500g for a thing worth $30 and its a tragedy [/quote] THIS omg it's awful
ufology wrote on 2022-12-13 18:16:09:
paying artists in a fair gem to USD ratio ... most shops charge like 500g for a thing worth $30 and its a tragedy

THIS omg it's awful
: +3
: Yes

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
[quote name="Museless" date="2022-12-16 06:14:48" ] [quote name="ufology" date="2022-12-13 18:16:09" ] paying artists in a fair gem to USD ratio ... most shops charge like 500g for a thing worth $30 and its a tragedy [/quote] THIS omg it's awful [/quote] The worst, to me, is that I [i]feel[/i] that buying gems is too expensive, so that makes 500G seem like even less. When I get reminded 2000G is like $20 I always have to do a double take. When you think about it.. during NotN we just have $2-$3 eggs raining from the sky. What?
Museless wrote on 2022-12-16 06:14:48:
ufology wrote on 2022-12-13 18:16:09:
paying artists in a fair gem to USD ratio ... most shops charge like 500g for a thing worth $30 and its a tragedy

THIS omg it's awful
The worst, to me, is that I feel that buying gems is too expensive, so that makes 500G seem like even less. When I get reminded 2000G is like $20 I always have to do a double take. When you think about it.. during NotN we just have $2-$3 eggs raining from the sky. What?
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Good morning everyone! A [b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005879886-Harassment#h_01G4G1PZ1HS3DECE2TDX1SZAP6]quick reminder about our rule on call-outs[/url][/b] for you, as this thread is close to the line: [quote][b][u]Call-outs[/u][/b] Threads designed to draw attention to a specific player, group of players, or staff are considered “call-out” threads. Regardless of the original poster’s intent, threads inviting discussion about others can quickly devolve into harassment campaigns and even well-intentioned threads can lead to this behavior. [b]This also includes “vague” posts where a specific player is not named but the interaction with them is described for discussion with others, such as a trade or discovering the other player has blocked them.[/b][/quote] Thank you!
Good morning everyone! A quick reminder about our rule on call-outs for you, as this thread is close to the line:

Quote:
Call-outs

Threads designed to draw attention to a specific player, group of players, or staff are considered “call-out” threads.

Regardless of the original poster’s intent, threads inviting discussion about others can quickly devolve into harassment campaigns and even well-intentioned threads can lead to this behavior.

This also includes “vague” posts where a specific player is not named but the interaction with them is described for discussion with others, such as a trade or discovering the other player has blocked them.

Thank you!
The bred vs unbred thing makes sense because I don't care what kind of game your playing people are going to value rariety. Even if they somehow changed it where all dragons were identical you would still find people collecting "rare" dragons.

I feel like some of you need to watch that episode of the fairly odd parents where Timmy wishes everyone in the world was exactly the same and he finds out people will still find a way to say their special lol

Y'all are out here fighting human nature in a pet sim and I don't even get it.
The bred vs unbred thing makes sense because I don't care what kind of game your playing people are going to value rariety. Even if they somehow changed it where all dragons were identical you would still find people collecting "rare" dragons.

I feel like some of you need to watch that episode of the fairly odd parents where Timmy wishes everyone in the world was exactly the same and he finds out people will still find a way to say their special lol

Y'all are out here fighting human nature in a pet sim and I don't even get it.
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
The fact that there’s a lair cap which keeps me from buying/breeding dragons :/
The fact that there’s a lair cap which keeps me from buying/breeding dragons :/
I just wish there was a direct site system that allowed us to exchange Gems for Treasure and vice versa. Of course, I understand that the ratio changes from time to time but it would be nice if it was just 1:1000.
I just wish there was a direct site system that allowed us to exchange Gems for Treasure and vice versa. Of course, I understand that the ratio changes from time to time but it would be nice if it was just 1:1000.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="Spamton" date="2022-12-14 20:04:34" ] literally anything to make coli grinding less boring. daily quests, venue loot boons, anything. good god it is agony [/quote] you. i like you
Spamton wrote on 2022-12-14 20:04:34:
literally anything to make coli grinding less boring. daily quests, venue loot boons, anything. good god it is agony
you. i like you
Y0w97b1.png astronic-fr
» he/they
» g1 lair
» art shop
XufexgK.gif
#1 thing i would change: put eliminates in the treasure shop so new players aren't forced to either slave away at the coli's mercy or hope to god they get a good price on the auction house that isn't an obvious scalper. make them expensive, yes, but expensive enough where at most they'd just need to do 2-3 days of maxxing out the fairgrounds the most efficient way possible without needing to sell an arm and a leg
#1 thing i would change: put eliminates in the treasure shop so new players aren't forced to either slave away at the coli's mercy or hope to god they get a good price on the auction house that isn't an obvious scalper. make them expensive, yes, but expensive enough where at most they'd just need to do 2-3 days of maxxing out the fairgrounds the most efficient way possible without needing to sell an arm and a leg
>aleph
>it/its
>+3 frt
>alterhuman
>rivethead
>delete system32
Hnet-com-image.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9