Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR economy pet peeves?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[quote name="Aarune" date="2022-12-14 14:15:34" ] A cap on how many gems you can buy (with cash) per week or something, haha. I do feel the weight of 'pay to win' sometimes when well-off players can just sell their gems for a massive amount of treasure. [/quote] This would just make the g:t ratio explode by making gems even more scarce, making it even harder for people who don't buy with cash to acquire gems. Nobody is "winning" FR so I don't even know what the problem is, honestly. As someone who grew up on pet sites, honestly FR's economy is pretty great. Apart from a few vanity items like G1 Imperials and Kickstarter familiars, I feel like pretty much everything is affordable and within reach with a little patience. If I had to pick, my biggest issue is how much of the site's features rely on grinding in the Coli. I don't know if there's any real fix there though since no matter how challenging and engaging you make it, it's still always going to get repetitive and grindy. Having to play the same battles over and over again is why I don't enjoy MMO's. FR's grinding mechanic being so boring and mindless at least means you can watch something interesting while you grind. As someone who's been playing for a decade, I don't know what challenges new players face starting out. Maybe EXP events could give additional Baldwin/Arlo EXP too? A Baldwin-craftable item that temporarily increases your Coli drop rate, or increases the drop rate for specific rarities of items? I dunno.
Aarune wrote on 2022-12-14 14:15:34:
A cap on how many gems you can buy (with cash) per week or something, haha. I do feel the weight of 'pay to win' sometimes when well-off players can just sell their gems for a massive amount of treasure.

This would just make the g:t ratio explode by making gems even more scarce, making it even harder for people who don't buy with cash to acquire gems. Nobody is "winning" FR so I don't even know what the problem is, honestly.

As someone who grew up on pet sites, honestly FR's economy is pretty great. Apart from a few vanity items like G1 Imperials and Kickstarter familiars, I feel like pretty much everything is affordable and within reach with a little patience. If I had to pick, my biggest issue is how much of the site's features rely on grinding in the Coli. I don't know if there's any real fix there though since no matter how challenging and engaging you make it, it's still always going to get repetitive and grindy. Having to play the same battles over and over again is why I don't enjoy MMO's. FR's grinding mechanic being so boring and mindless at least means you can watch something interesting while you grind.

As someone who's been playing for a decade, I don't know what challenges new players face starting out. Maybe EXP events could give additional Baldwin/Arlo EXP too? A Baldwin-craftable item that temporarily increases your Coli drop rate, or increases the drop rate for specific rarities of items? I dunno.
battle stones in general tbh,
both how required and expensive elims are;
and how outside of a couple tertiary supportive stones the other 99% are completely useless + worthless outside of a few hibden tasks

got a lot more aware of it after following a mp discount thread, and how almost everything battle related that isn't a tincture is useless.
battle stones in general tbh,
both how required and expensive elims are;
and how outside of a couple tertiary supportive stones the other 99% are completely useless + worthless outside of a few hibden tasks

got a lot more aware of it after following a mp discount thread, and how almost everything battle related that isn't a tincture is useless.
6359e1941805ff183bd0a8181719020023cc878d.png
I really really wished breeding dragons (most especially gen 1s) didn’t power their value cause I have a few gen 1s that I wish I could breed just so I can see their pretty kids ;o;

As for eliminate, as an old player that saw them going for 700g before, the current price seems fair (and might I say easy) to save up for with enough patience.
I really really wished breeding dragons (most especially gen 1s) didn’t power their value cause I have a few gen 1s that I wish I could breed just so I can see their pretty kids ;o;

As for eliminate, as an old player that saw them going for 700g before, the current price seems fair (and might I say easy) to save up for with enough patience.
8atStKf.png8KhZull.png
[quote name="Joydom" date="2022-12-16 16:55:04" ] I really really wished breeding dragons (most especially gen 1s) didn’t power their value cause I have a few gen 1s that I wish I could breed just so I can see their pretty kids ;o; As for eliminate, as an old player that saw them going for 700g before, the current price seems fair (and might I say easy) to save up for with enough patience. [/quote] G1s rarely sell for what you pour into them anyway, so enjoy them as you like. I bred a pair of G1s because of lore and I don't regret it one bit. I've picked up quite a few gened G1s at absolutely bargain prices, and they were unbred. Most recent one had a gem gene, paid 350G.
Joydom wrote on 2022-12-16 16:55:04:

G1s rarely sell for what you pour into them anyway, so enjoy them as you like. I bred a pair of G1s because of lore and I don't regret it one bit.

I've picked up quite a few gened G1s at absolutely bargain prices, and they were unbred. Most recent one had a gem gene, paid 350G.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
[quote name="Sorel" date="2022-12-16 08:07:33" ] [quote name="thaumiel" date="2022-12-16 07:59:07" ] #1 thing i would change: put eliminates in the treasure shop so new players aren't forced to either slave away at the coli's mercy or hope to god they get a good price on the auction house that isn't an obvious scalper. make them expensive, yes, but expensive enough where at most they'd just need to do 2-3 days of maxxing out the fairgrounds the most efficient way possible without needing to sell an arm and a leg [/quote] I've argued for this in suggestions and boy are people hostile to this for no good reason. Eliminate is basically essential for grinding efficiency and you'd think with the constant push for accessibility people would want newbies to have instant access to the thing that makes that possible. [/quote] People make a lot of money reselling them. I'm not attacking them for doing it; reselling is a valid way to make money. That's just, in all likelihood, the reason for the huge hostility. They would be losing maybe thousands of gems per day. With elims getting used all the time and such a limited supply, it's a super super easy item to buy up a decent quantity of, inflate the price, then resell for virtually instant profit. I doubt there's another single item on the site that's as useful for the purpose. Anyway, my one thing to change about the flight rising economy, I'd make a Scroll of Abandonment that simply deletes a dragon's offspring list. They still exist, they're just not pointed to on the parent's page. It's such a beautiful thing because it does actually nothing but still lets you breed your high-value G1s without crashing their value, if you want to.
Sorel wrote on 2022-12-16 08:07:33:
thaumiel wrote on 2022-12-16 07:59:07:
#1 thing i would change: put eliminates in the treasure shop so new players aren't forced to either slave away at the coli's mercy or hope to god they get a good price on the auction house that isn't an obvious scalper. make them expensive, yes, but expensive enough where at most they'd just need to do 2-3 days of maxxing out the fairgrounds the most efficient way possible without needing to sell an arm and a leg
I've argued for this in suggestions and boy are people hostile to this for no good reason. Eliminate is basically essential for grinding efficiency and you'd think with the constant push for accessibility people would want newbies to have instant access to the thing that makes that possible.

People make a lot of money reselling them. I'm not attacking them for doing it; reselling is a valid way to make money. That's just, in all likelihood, the reason for the huge hostility. They would be losing maybe thousands of gems per day.

With elims getting used all the time and such a limited supply, it's a super super easy item to buy up a decent quantity of, inflate the price, then resell for virtually instant profit. I doubt there's another single item on the site that's as useful for the purpose.

Anyway, my one thing to change about the flight rising economy, I'd make a Scroll of Abandonment that simply deletes a dragon's offspring list. They still exist, they're just not pointed to on the parent's page. It's such a beautiful thing because it does actually nothing but still lets you breed your high-value G1s without crashing their value, if you want to.
86cgLtF.png
[quote name="ChristianCutie" date="2022-12-13 18:04:13" ] I would permanently make the g:t ratio 1:1000 or some other really easy conversion because I don't like math. :,) [/quote] I simply refuse to up my prices. I don’t care if I’m being hypothetically robbed of the fact I could charge more, it’s just so much easier.
ChristianCutie wrote on 2022-12-13 18:04:13:
I would permanently make the g:t ratio 1:1000 or some other really easy conversion because I don't like math. :,)
I simply refuse to up my prices. I don’t care if I’m being hypothetically robbed of the fact I could charge more, it’s just so much easier.
if i could change 1 thing:

lair space can be bought infinitely with gems (hib den) or treasure (lair space)
no lair cap, even if it'd affect dragon pricing (":

lair space can be bought infinitely with gems (hib den) or treasure (lair space)
6uaN3MO.png kiNdaIf.png
fidelitas ad familiam. fidelitas ad Matriarch.
a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical company located in the center of the light district.
Vampire Hunting: Scatterquest

_____
Iron Treasure Chest Festival Shop
Mass Hatch Egg Trading
G1s for Sale
[quote name="Grune" date="2022-12-16 20:08:01" ] if i could change 1 thing: lair space can be bought infinitely with gems (hib den) or treasure (lair space) no lair cap, even if it'd affect dragon pricing (": [/quote] Please
Grune wrote on 2022-12-16 20:08:01:

Please
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
[quote name="BlackPunkBird" date="2022-12-14 10:21:56" ] I honestly can't think of anything that would improve the gameplay. I think grind economics are my favorute part after all the customizable dragon goodness. [/quote] THIS. except some tiny changes: Crim needs to stop asking for Eliminates and bears, and start asking for elemental slash/bolt stones. Why she doesn't ask for those is beyond me.
BlackPunkBird wrote on 2022-12-14 10:21:56:
I honestly can't think of anything that would improve the gameplay. I think grind economics are my favorute part after all the customizable dragon goodness.

THIS.

except some tiny changes: Crim needs to stop asking for Eliminates and bears, and start asking for elemental slash/bolt stones. Why she doesn't ask for those is beyond me.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9