Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | An Apology for Beastclans on the Rise
1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 65 66
Good morning! This thread is now unlocked.
Good morning! This thread is now unlocked.
Good on you. Late is a whole lot better than never
Good on you. Late is a whole lot better than never
dNCLmdm.png
are you going to penalize the accounts of people who use the old lore?
are you going to penalize the accounts of people who use the old lore?
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
I never thought there could be so much drama about an apology and trying to change for the better. These poor staff members XD
I never thought there could be so much drama about an apology and trying to change for the better. These poor staff members XD
grQU96J.png
As a mixed race person, I appreciate this. This has quite honestly contributed a lot to my reluctance to develop clan lore, because I either have to wildly contradict canon or be canonical but support something I don't agree with. Now that's no longer an obstacle. I would however politely appreciate some official clarifications on the following: -A lot of new players are confused by Baldwin and that Muck is not brewed by harming a familiar. I myself didn't touch Muck brewing until I had been playing for months, because of this. Especially in light of the new lore that puts Beastclans on a more equal footing, I feel an official statement about Baldwin is necessary whether on Baldwin's page or somewhere on the Which Waystone, or some sort of official "new to FR guide". -The coliseum also probably needs to be clarified that we're not committing genocide when we use Eliminate but we're healing Shade-touched Beastclans or (in the Arena and similar venues) sparring for fun with friendly opponents. Thank you for hearing concerns and rectifying the situation. I really love the new Harpy lore and the new familiars and scene and am enthusiastic about the updated lore for other Beastclans especially the Longnecks. [emoji=ridgeback happy size=2]
As a mixed race person, I appreciate this. This has quite honestly contributed a lot to my reluctance to develop clan lore, because I either have to wildly contradict canon or be canonical but support something I don't agree with. Now that's no longer an obstacle.

I would however politely appreciate some official clarifications on the following:

-A lot of new players are confused by Baldwin and that Muck is not brewed by harming a familiar. I myself didn't touch Muck brewing until I had been playing for months, because of this. Especially in light of the new lore that puts Beastclans on a more equal footing, I feel an official statement about Baldwin is necessary whether on Baldwin's page or somewhere on the Which Waystone, or some sort of official "new to FR guide".

-The coliseum also probably needs to be clarified that we're not committing genocide when we use Eliminate but we're healing Shade-touched Beastclans or (in the Arena and similar venues) sparring for fun with friendly opponents.

Thank you for hearing concerns and rectifying the situation. I really love the new Harpy lore and the new familiars and scene and am enthusiastic about the updated lore for other Beastclans especially the Longnecks.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
ive stated this in multiple places but i love the new lore. its just sweet to see dragons and beastclans now coexisting more peacefully, at a time when real life is.... you know

i have some inquiries
will we get beastclan encyclopedia entries beyond the specific 6 in those original entries? like miths or dryads. i assumed those were beastclan adjacent at least
also whats gonna be done to the old paper scrap trinkets, since they just exist to depict the now obsolete beastclan lore?
ive stated this in multiple places but i love the new lore. its just sweet to see dragons and beastclans now coexisting more peacefully, at a time when real life is.... you know

i have some inquiries
will we get beastclan encyclopedia entries beyond the specific 6 in those original entries? like miths or dryads. i assumed those were beastclan adjacent at least
also whats gonna be done to the old paper scrap trinkets, since they just exist to depict the now obsolete beastclan lore?
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
woo! thank you devs :]]
woo! thank you devs :]]

MAX !
HE/HIM
IT/ITS

adtp0zn.gif
RNG ADOPTS
70167578p.png
ABOUT
67609500p.png
WISHLIST
64068668p.png
him
67698503p.png
i like this! cant wait to read up on the lore when ive got the time
i like this! cant wait to read up on the lore when ive got the time
| they/them pronouns |
2YQ3Xfu.png
[quote name="Unrest" date="2022-12-14 15:39:38" ] Coming back to add I’m glad it’s retconned instead of them adding to the lore to end up with something like Oh No they need to work together to fight the shade!!!111!!! Because there’s something to be said about telling colonized people that they need to learn to work with their colonizers “for the greater good” or be expected to hold no resentment or anger for the generational scars that were made. The original Beastclans literally gave up on their cultures to transition into permanent wartime societies to survive [/quote] I was trying to put my finger on why the comments questioning the devs' decision to retcon the previous lore bothered me, and this comment sums it up very neatly. (Apologies if this has already been touched upon, I just woke up and need to get ready for work, so I don't have the time to scroll through the next sixteen pages of comments to check.)
Unrest wrote on 2022-12-14 15:39:38:
Coming back to add I’m glad it’s retconned instead of them adding to the lore to end up with something like Oh No they need to work together to fight the shade!!!111!!! Because there’s something to be said about telling colonized people that they need to learn to work with their colonizers “for the greater good” or be expected to hold no resentment or anger for the generational scars that were made. The original Beastclans literally gave up on their cultures to transition into permanent wartime societies to survive
I was trying to put my finger on why the comments questioning the devs' decision to retcon the previous lore bothered me, and this comment sums it up very neatly.

(Apologies if this has already been touched upon, I just woke up and need to get ready for work, so I don't have the time to scroll through the next sixteen pages of comments to check.)
tumblr_pb04puzMLY1wvvm88o3_100.png
she/they | fr+3
sales | avatar
though i suggest that we do something about the coliseum, maybe all the encounters there are shade touched beastclans?? and by harming them we are actually getting the shade out of them and/or helping them? (again im sorry if this comes off as rude that wasnt my intention, it just feels weird to be 'killing' off the beastclans in the coliseum)
though i suggest that we do something about the coliseum, maybe all the encounters there are shade touched beastclans?? and by harming them we are actually getting the shade out of them and/or helping them? (again im sorry if this comes off as rude that wasnt my intention, it just feels weird to be 'killing' off the beastclans in the coliseum)
| they/them pronouns |
2YQ3Xfu.png
1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 65 66