Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | An Apology for Beastclans on the Rise
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 65 66
[quote name="mothbird" date="2022-12-14 19:24:50" ] Very happy to see this update! The backstory of the beastclans has bothered me since I started playing years ago, and almost led me to quit the game when I first delved into the lore. I'm glad to see it being fully and openly adressed, and I'm glad the devs chose to reset the status of canon rather than trying to awkwardly bend around an unworkable premise. Also, in the last paragraph of the new harpy lore page, is that a wind ancient teaser I spy...? (I know we're probably last in the queue for an elemental ancient, since we have two modern breeds already... but still [emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=special eyes size=1]) [/quote] I might be wrong but I believe they already stated it wasn't an ancient. Though that does make me wonder what a wind ancient would look like, considering spirals are already so similar
mothbird wrote on 2022-12-14 19:24:50:
Very happy to see this update!

The backstory of the beastclans has bothered me since I started playing years ago, and almost led me to quit the game when I first delved into the lore. I'm glad to see it being fully and openly adressed, and I'm glad the devs chose to reset the status of canon rather than trying to awkwardly bend around an unworkable premise.

Also, in the last paragraph of the new harpy lore page, is that a wind ancient teaser I spy...?
(I know we're probably last in the queue for an elemental ancient, since we have two modern breeds already... but still )
I might be wrong but I believe they already stated it wasn't an ancient. Though that does make me wonder what a wind ancient would look like, considering spirals are already so similar
Keeper of Stories
Tn4TEAZ.png
I didn't expect the dev team to make a response to this. As long as I have played the game, I've always imagined Flight Rising as a grimdark universe, just like Warhammer40k. Endless brutal war between clans, dieties and other species in Sorienth.

When I first read Beastclans on the Rise, it reinforced my idea of how the environment in the world of Flight Rising is like. Dragonkind are not the 'good guys' or 'bad guys', they are just creatures trying to survive in their world, just like the beastclans.

However, I didn't see how it is parallel to real-life colonialism, and reading it back, I can see how some players find it distasteful. Since this is a dragon game, not everyone wants to play as the species that has wiped out countless non-dragon clans in the name of their deity.

I'm glad the devs have spoken out about this. They genuinely hear the players criticism about the lore and truly try their best on making the lore better. I'm looking forward for more FR lore and new features next year!
I didn't expect the dev team to make a response to this. As long as I have played the game, I've always imagined Flight Rising as a grimdark universe, just like Warhammer40k. Endless brutal war between clans, dieties and other species in Sorienth.

When I first read Beastclans on the Rise, it reinforced my idea of how the environment in the world of Flight Rising is like. Dragonkind are not the 'good guys' or 'bad guys', they are just creatures trying to survive in their world, just like the beastclans.

However, I didn't see how it is parallel to real-life colonialism, and reading it back, I can see how some players find it distasteful. Since this is a dragon game, not everyone wants to play as the species that has wiped out countless non-dragon clans in the name of their deity.

I'm glad the devs have spoken out about this. They genuinely hear the players criticism about the lore and truly try their best on making the lore better. I'm looking forward for more FR lore and new features next year!
MUYNhfy.png
WNKiucd.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
2im6fIC.png
HSWqWgZ.png

The new Harpy familiars and scene are all absolutely gorgeous. I also really love that the lore has finally been updated. Also, are you guys ever planning on releasing Beastclan emoji’s similar to the dragon ones? The only one we have so far is this [emoji=beastclan rune size=1].
The new Harpy familiars and scene are all absolutely gorgeous. I also really love that the lore has finally been updated.

Also, are you guys ever planning on releasing Beastclan emoji’s similar to the dragon ones? The only one we have so far is this .
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
This seems like a well thought-out update, much appreciated
This seems like a well thought-out update, much appreciated
[quote name="@NyxianDragons" date="2022-12-14 19:29:14" ] [quote name="@mothbird" date="2022-12-14 19:24:50" ] Very happy to see this update! The backstory of the beastclans has bothered me since I started playing years ago, and almost led me to quit the game when I first delved into the lore. I'm glad to see it being fully and openly adressed, and I'm glad the devs chose to reset the status of canon rather than trying to awkwardly bend around an unworkable premise. Also, in the last paragraph of the new harpy lore page, is that a wind ancient teaser I spy...? (I know we're probably last in the queue for an elemental ancient, since we have two modern breeds already... but still [emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=special eyes size=1]) [/quote] I might be wrong but I believe they already stated it wasn't an ancient. Though that does make me wonder what a wind ancient would look like, considering spirals are already so similar [/quote] Yep, Undel confirmed it's not an Ancient breed in [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3193191/38#post_52948297]this post[/url]: [quote] And those big shapes harassing even the harpies in the Windswept Plateau? Those aren't ancients.[/quote] I'm excited to see more new lore!!
@NyxianDragons wrote on 2022-12-14 19:29:14:
@mothbird wrote on 2022-12-14 19:24:50:
Very happy to see this update!

The backstory of the beastclans has bothered me since I started playing years ago, and almost led me to quit the game when I first delved into the lore. I'm glad to see it being fully and openly adressed, and I'm glad the devs chose to reset the status of canon rather than trying to awkwardly bend around an unworkable premise.

Also, in the last paragraph of the new harpy lore page, is that a wind ancient teaser I spy...?
(I know we're probably last in the queue for an elemental ancient, since we have two modern breeds already... but still )
I might be wrong but I believe they already stated it wasn't an ancient. Though that does make me wonder what a wind ancient would look like, considering spirals are already so similar

Yep, Undel confirmed it's not an Ancient breed in this post:
Quote:
And those big shapes harassing even the harpies in the Windswept Plateau? Those aren't ancients.

I'm excited to see more new lore!!
deity_arcanist_by_dogi_crimson-da6mxx1.gif
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group
Usually online between 22:00 and 6:00 server time!
kakvyh5.png s5AhXjW.png
did not expect to see staff busting it up with people in here, kinda glad steps are being taken to make sure a thread like this isnt a complete dumpster fire
did not expect to see staff busting it up with people in here, kinda glad steps are being taken to make sure a thread like this isnt a complete dumpster fire
rLM2h8D.png
This isn't just a US thing though. Peoples have been invading other groups of peoples for centuries. I'm not really sure how you can write a conflict between dragons and another civilization without it coming off like this, since dragons are very obviously the dominant species.
This isn't just a US thing though. Peoples have been invading other groups of peoples for centuries. I'm not really sure how you can write a conflict between dragons and another civilization without it coming off like this, since dragons are very obviously the dominant species.
(This needs to be updated but I am lazy)
Great update! I appreciate the transparency here and I think the beastclans have needed some reimagining for a long time. Really looking forward to all of the new lore you have planned [emoji=snapper happy size=1]
Great update! I appreciate the transparency here and I think the beastclans have needed some reimagining for a long time. Really looking forward to all of the new lore you have planned
VOIPBvS.png
Glad to see this addressed. Know I definitely almost quit early because of the lore, especially since it's reinforced mechanically (fighting beast clans in the coliseum, brewing down familiars, segregated elemental clans / can't breed for other eyes...it communicates things).

I.e., the world's hostile enough, don't need that junk in my escapist dragon game. Especially cause it communicated that the devs didn't understand and it's hard to trust (or want to give money to people) who don't understand.

Hope FR'll continue to keep this kinda stuff in mind and employ sensitivity readers as much as possible. Conflict / drama are fun, the predominant flavor so far not so much.
Glad to see this addressed. Know I definitely almost quit early because of the lore, especially since it's reinforced mechanically (fighting beast clans in the coliseum, brewing down familiars, segregated elemental clans / can't breed for other eyes...it communicates things).

I.e., the world's hostile enough, don't need that junk in my escapist dragon game. Especially cause it communicated that the devs didn't understand and it's hard to trust (or want to give money to people) who don't understand.

Hope FR'll continue to keep this kinda stuff in mind and employ sensitivity readers as much as possible. Conflict / drama are fun, the predominant flavor so far not so much.
HdmxfuE.png
KYSFCiZ.png
eswSnrS.png
yQ62HIx.png
Need a Light nest?

Always happy to host for food / junk apparel / Baldwin
materials when I have space!
LOR2.png
Hello all. We are locking this thread overnight out of an abundance of caution. We'll unlock it in the morning, Eastern Standard Time. Thank you for understanding, and see you tomorrow!
Hello all. We are locking this thread overnight out of an abundance of caution. We'll unlock it in the morning, Eastern Standard Time. Thank you for understanding, and see you tomorrow!
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 65 66