Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | An Apology for Beastclans on the Rise
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 65 66
i think it’s good that you (staff) have finally addressed this and made commitments to rewrite the current Beastclan lore into something that doesn’t parallel tragic real-world events.

personally i wasn’t made uncomfortable by the colonialism undertones with the Beastclans— i kinda just rationalized it as “it ties into the gameplay?” though i definitely acknowledge the parallels and fully understand why other people are bothered by it, and i think overall the story and game will be better off.

rewriting the lore also just shows a growth in nuanced storytelling— i think i’m going to be much more invested in the Beastclan-dragon relationships/conflicts because now it’s not so black and white, and as y’all said, there’s plenty conflict in sornieth as it is. i always want more ways to write Beastclans into my clan lore, and now with the planned expanded encyclopedia entries, new familiars and scenes, there’ll be a lot more content to work with! :)
i think it’s good that you (staff) have finally addressed this and made commitments to rewrite the current Beastclan lore into something that doesn’t parallel tragic real-world events.

personally i wasn’t made uncomfortable by the colonialism undertones with the Beastclans— i kinda just rationalized it as “it ties into the gameplay?” though i definitely acknowledge the parallels and fully understand why other people are bothered by it, and i think overall the story and game will be better off.

rewriting the lore also just shows a growth in nuanced storytelling— i think i’m going to be much more invested in the Beastclan-dragon relationships/conflicts because now it’s not so black and white, and as y’all said, there’s plenty conflict in sornieth as it is. i always want more ways to write Beastclans into my clan lore, and now with the planned expanded encyclopedia entries, new familiars and scenes, there’ll be a lot more content to work with! :)
A drawing of a blue and yellow Spiral dragon (art by me). Click to go to the dragon! | @Quebeal
| ♦ ¤ ——−−--
|
|
| FR +1 DST
| Any pronouns
| My current avatar dragon!
| Hey there! I wish you a great day.
———-Recolored treeshroud icon by yascherritsa. Click for resource thread!
You guys continue to be such an amazing team on here! I never gave much thought to that whole thing but I remember when the Pronghorn Hunter used to be named something else and you changed it out of respect for indigenous people. Now you're acknowledging and owning up to this and it's amazing to see! I'm so happy to be a part of this community and this site <3
You guys continue to be such an amazing team on here! I never gave much thought to that whole thing but I remember when the Pronghorn Hunter used to be named something else and you changed it out of respect for indigenous people. Now you're acknowledging and owning up to this and it's amazing to see! I'm so happy to be a part of this community and this site <3
I like the flexibility this change offers. Having the beastclans all constantly at war with all dragons really restricted clan lore potential, especially for clans that aren't aggressive. I feel like this is going to open up an entirely new world of storytelling for players.
I like the flexibility this change offers. Having the beastclans all constantly at war with all dragons really restricted clan lore potential, especially for clans that aren't aggressive. I feel like this is going to open up an entirely new world of storytelling for players.
1WaPPyd.png

divider by irithyll
Gotta admit, I'm a bit sad about the retcon rather than actually resolving the issue in the story. But I guess retconning is easier than actually figuring out how to fix it. Here's to, uh... real life parallels?

Love the expansion on the Harpy trades and whatnot though! Also, the image heading the entry is *chef's kiss*.
Gotta admit, I'm a bit sad about the retcon rather than actually resolving the issue in the story. But I guess retconning is easier than actually figuring out how to fix it. Here's to, uh... real life parallels?

Love the expansion on the Harpy trades and whatnot though! Also, the image heading the entry is *chef's kiss*.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
so glad to see these lore/baseline storyline improvements finally implemented!
so glad to see these lore/baseline storyline improvements finally implemented!
unauthorized%20thing.gif
he/they. knower of things. maker of shapes.
art shop
wishlist
theme
ein_shop_ic_2.png
This retcon is neat! I've liked the idea of humanoids being more developed in the FR lore for years now other than just "dragons vs Beastclan", so much so as playing with the idea of my own clan dragons being able to shapeshift between humanoid and dragon forms (still keeping this as clan lore). Now developed humanoids in FR is more possible than ever before! And it'll be fun to see all the new Beastclan lore. I like this direction and approach.
This retcon is neat! I've liked the idea of humanoids being more developed in the FR lore for years now other than just "dragons vs Beastclan", so much so as playing with the idea of my own clan dragons being able to shapeshift between humanoid and dragon forms (still keeping this as clan lore). Now developed humanoids in FR is more possible than ever before! And it'll be fun to see all the new Beastclan lore. I like this direction and approach.
CAiwzvK.png
this is so sweet. Time and again I am impressed by how personable and genuine this dev team is. Thank you!!
this is so sweet. Time and again I am impressed by how personable and genuine this dev team is. Thank you!!
eP65k0J.png
I quite like the new direction! I think it allows for a nice healthy fun side to balance the complex and cavernous darker elements. As someone who greatly enjoys reading and using the site lore as a jumping point for my own clan, it's nice to have this added in!

For concerns about upsetting people's existing/ongoing clan lore, I personally don't see how it should change, if that clan is particularly territorial and active in disputes! I think frogging this particular piece of lore is very tasteful!
I quite like the new direction! I think it allows for a nice healthy fun side to balance the complex and cavernous darker elements. As someone who greatly enjoys reading and using the site lore as a jumping point for my own clan, it's nice to have this added in!

For concerns about upsetting people's existing/ongoing clan lore, I personally don't see how it should change, if that clan is particularly territorial and active in disputes! I think frogging this particular piece of lore is very tasteful!
5AHK8Y7.png •Ripley
•Queer
•He/Him
•Aquarius
•Art Shop : Working
ZLIMzvY.gifw0IsqjS.gif6sfJde7.gifrjuURyp.gif
W5O5MZj.png __digitalmirage.gif
Really appreciate you addressing this, I think you've spoken about this issue well, and the choice to retcon was wise.

One thing I saw brought up in this thread was about coliseum enemies, and implications of dragons vs beastclans there, and I do think it would be really positive if you added a few dragons as enemies in the coliseum - I think it would really help emphasize that everyone's in it together against the shade and that dragons are also susceptable even if they do find it easier to fight it because of their magic. It would be fun lore flavour too.
Really appreciate you addressing this, I think you've spoken about this issue well, and the choice to retcon was wise.

One thing I saw brought up in this thread was about coliseum enemies, and implications of dragons vs beastclans there, and I do think it would be really positive if you added a few dragons as enemies in the coliseum - I think it would really help emphasize that everyone's in it together against the shade and that dragons are also susceptable even if they do find it easier to fight it because of their magic. It would be fun lore flavour too.
I never really looked into the beastclan lore, but thank you so much for fixing this!
I never really looked into the beastclan lore, but thank you so much for fixing this!
tumblr_nkncliWJn31tfgp5so3_100.gif
eIK5iG7.pngfLdYOuE.pngGLMwkdE.png
0034-skull.gif0112-peep.gif
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 65 66