Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What is the best advice you ever heard?
Bored at work and my curious mind wants to know...
What piece of advice have you heard or were given that still sticks in your head to this day? Could be about literally anything.

For me, one thing that has been on repeat in my head lately is: When you think/say something negative about yourself, stop and consider that is not your real opinion, someone at some point said that to you or made you feel that way. Think back to the first time you heard it, it did not start as your own voice.
Bored at work and my curious mind wants to know...
What piece of advice have you heard or were given that still sticks in your head to this day? Could be about literally anything.

For me, one thing that has been on repeat in my head lately is: When you think/say something negative about yourself, stop and consider that is not your real opinion, someone at some point said that to you or made you feel that way. Think back to the first time you heard it, it did not start as your own voice.
I love that! for me it's: the "you" other people created in their heads is not your responsibility. people are always gonna project on the image they have of you one way or another :]
I love that! for me it's: the "you" other people created in their heads is not your responsibility. people are always gonna project on the image they have of you one way or another :]

- advice for creative people, especially writers. don't act on every impulse, especially if the idea is going to be a big project. sleep on it instead, and if the idea sticks around after a night or two, it's worth spending time on.
"good ideas come quickly, but the best ideas stick around after a good night's sleep"
- advice for creative people, especially writers. don't act on every impulse, especially if the idea is going to be a big project. sleep on it instead, and if the idea sticks around after a night or two, it's worth spending time on.
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
“NO ONE GIVES A SH-CRAP. NO ONE GIVES A HOT DRAGON CRAP DO WHATEVER THE FRICK YOU WANT”

“EMPTAHY IS COOL BUT YOU NEED TO LEARN WHEN SOMEONE IS TRUAMA DUMPING. DONT MELT YOURSELF JUST TO WARM OTHER PEOPLE”

Thats all i have. Im not a very wise person.

Ah i think i got one more though:

“Sleep.”
“NO ONE GIVES A SH-CRAP. NO ONE GIVES A HOT DRAGON CRAP DO WHATEVER THE FRICK YOU WANT”

“EMPTAHY IS COOL BUT YOU NEED TO LEARN WHEN SOMEONE IS TRUAMA DUMPING. DONT MELT YOURSELF JUST TO WARM OTHER PEOPLE”

Thats all i have. Im not a very wise person.

Ah i think i got one more though:

“Sleep.”
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
It's more of a hypothetical story I read somewhere, I think it was in an article or book about climate change and why we should still do everything we can today even if the positive results take so long to become evident. I'm paraphrasing, since I have no idea where to find the original:

Quote:
XXXXOne day, a wise emperor decided to plant an orchard of the finest, rarest fruit trees in one of the many courtyards of his palace. But when he instructed his servants to plant the trees, one of them said: "These trees will not bear fruit for a hundred years! There's no reason to plant them now, as none of us will live long enough even to see them flower."
XXXXThe emperor laughed and replied: "Well, get to it, then! Perhaps I should have asked you to plant them yesterday!"

Basically: The best time to start something that will take a long time was yesterday. The second-best time is today. I think it applies to a lot of things, not just fighting climate change :)
It's more of a hypothetical story I read somewhere, I think it was in an article or book about climate change and why we should still do everything we can today even if the positive results take so long to become evident. I'm paraphrasing, since I have no idea where to find the original:

Quote:
XXXXOne day, a wise emperor decided to plant an orchard of the finest, rarest fruit trees in one of the many courtyards of his palace. But when he instructed his servants to plant the trees, one of them said: "These trees will not bear fruit for a hundred years! There's no reason to plant them now, as none of us will live long enough even to see them flower."
XXXXThe emperor laughed and replied: "Well, get to it, then! Perhaps I should have asked you to plant them yesterday!"

Basically: The best time to start something that will take a long time was yesterday. The second-best time is today. I think it applies to a lot of things, not just fighting climate change :)
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
if it sucks, hit da bricks
if it sucks, hit da bricks
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
In practice, you see poetry in motion. In match it always dissolves into amateur theatre.

Also.

There are times when working hard may not be enough. But those who succeed worked hard.
In practice, you see poetry in motion. In match it always dissolves into amateur theatre.

Also.

There are times when working hard may not be enough. But those who succeed worked hard.
MoOtdMJ.png
I found one that helped me boost my self esteem so I hope someone else out here find use of it too: Really try to keep up the positive self talk! If you tend to make self deprecating jokes, start making the opposite and you'll slowly get more confidence in general.
For example, if you don't feel like wearing fancy clothes every day, try not to think "oh well, guess I'll be ugly today". Try to replace thoughts like that with "I am going for comfort today and that's okay".
If you want bonus points, give yourself a chuckle by exaggerating it "I'm already so magnificent that fancy clothes would just make me look worse! The world is already graced with my very existence!" (Pretty much, release your inner Mettaton, for those of you who know Undertale)
I found one that helped me boost my self esteem so I hope someone else out here find use of it too: Really try to keep up the positive self talk! If you tend to make self deprecating jokes, start making the opposite and you'll slowly get more confidence in general.
For example, if you don't feel like wearing fancy clothes every day, try not to think "oh well, guess I'll be ugly today". Try to replace thoughts like that with "I am going for comfort today and that's okay".
If you want bonus points, give yourself a chuckle by exaggerating it "I'm already so magnificent that fancy clothes would just make me look worse! The world is already graced with my very existence!" (Pretty much, release your inner Mettaton, for those of you who know Undertale)
There was one advice from someone I know that opened my eyes. Like if you adapt to others and say yes to everything they say, then there will always be somone that dosen’t like you. And if you are yourself and set your boundaries, then there are still somone that dosen’t like you. So no matter what you do there will always be someone that have something against you. Then why not to be yourself and do things you like?
There was one advice from someone I know that opened my eyes. Like if you adapt to others and say yes to everything they say, then there will always be somone that dosen’t like you. And if you are yourself and set your boundaries, then there are still somone that dosen’t like you. So no matter what you do there will always be someone that have something against you. Then why not to be yourself and do things you like?