Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Players who incorporate former lairs:
1 2 3
A while back I raffled off a gened g1 that had similar vibes to my girl Gummi - the winner of the the dragon remarked about the similarities, and when I went back to the dragon's profile I saw that their new lore had my Gummi and their dragon being long lost sisters and I just-

I had no intentions of that being in Gummi's lore but when I saw that I added that so fast, it made me so so happy
A while back I raffled off a gened g1 that had similar vibes to my girl Gummi - the winner of the the dragon remarked about the similarities, and when I went back to the dragon's profile I saw that their new lore had my Gummi and their dragon being long lost sisters and I just-

I had no intentions of that being in Gummi's lore but when I saw that I added that so fast, it made me so so happy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx BqhBR1o.png
I try to do this but in like, the most subtle ways I can think of? Mostly because I would hate knowing I twisted someone's personal lore in a way they dislike. Arven is a good example. I looked at the lore his parents had that stated he left his parents clan and went from there.
I try to do this but in like, the most subtle ways I can think of? Mostly because I would hate knowing I twisted someone's personal lore in a way they dislike. Arven is a good example. I looked at the lore his parents had that stated he left his parents clan and went from there.
2XruB4R.png
This is why I like adopting lore dragons. I don't have many, but I like being able to tie into a community without having to make the whole myself. This dude. I know he looks plain, but that's what I love about him. I tried every scry and it breaks his look. He's a progen kid. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/49087992][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/490880/49087992_350.png[/img][/url] He doesn't have a huge thing of lore, when I wrote his all dragons only got short ones. [i]"Florentine comes from a huge family, and that has been a boon to his life. Being the go-between in sibling fights has prepared him for his job. Being a kind and peaceful guy also helps, he just thrives on giving to others. Helping dragons find the right merchant, or their way to the inn, or settle disputes, he just loves doing it with a smile. It's not been long at all since he left his family to learn to be on his own. This freedom and quiet are very new, still, and sometimes it's a bit lonely, after living in a large group of dragons. It's never really quiet here.. but interactions are shallow. Florentine really wants something deeper. Occasionally he wanders back to the woods, they remind him of home. The druid there doesn't seem to mind, as long as he doesn't talk too much. Her helper on the other hand seems very keen on talking. He said his son Athumir is about Florentine's age, and he works at the tavern. Perhaps the two could spend some time together."[/i] Alluding to the large offspring list the parents had. The owner adopted the offspring out based on if you would write lore for them, and I just loved that!
This is why I like adopting lore dragons. I don't have many, but I like being able to tie into a community without having to make the whole myself.

This dude. I know he looks plain, but that's what I love about him. I tried every scry and it breaks his look. He's a progen kid.

49087992_350.png

He doesn't have a huge thing of lore, when I wrote his all dragons only got short ones.

"Florentine comes from a huge family, and that has been a boon to his life. Being the go-between in sibling fights has prepared him for his job. Being a kind and peaceful guy also helps, he just thrives on giving to others. Helping dragons find the right merchant, or their way to the inn, or settle disputes, he just loves doing it with a smile.

It's not been long at all since he left his family to learn to be on his own. This freedom and quiet are very new, still, and sometimes it's a bit lonely, after living in a large group of dragons. It's never really quiet here.. but interactions are shallow. Florentine really wants something deeper.

Occasionally he wanders back to the woods, they remind him of home. The druid there doesn't seem to mind, as long as he doesn't talk too much. Her helper on the other hand seems very keen on talking. He said his son Athumir is about Florentine's age, and he works at the tavern. Perhaps the two could spend some time together."

Alluding to the large offspring list the parents had. The owner adopted the offspring out based on if you would write lore for them, and I just loved that!
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Y'all make me so happy I am sipping these replies like a bracing, steaming stew on a chilly winter eve
Y'all make me so happy I am sipping these replies like a bracing, steaming stew on a chilly winter eve
cM8dUFr.png
@Aquasparky BRO THIS IS SO SWEET ;W; Yeahh Quintidolo isn't very lenient and couldn't wait until his clan had enough coins to make more space so he sent out the cluster of Cod and Satin's babies despite them JUST being born. For the sake of lore, I concluded he harbors little sympathy but believes that their 'Fester' blood would keep them safe.

Basically:

Quint: We need more space. Cod give me your newborns, we are throwing them out

Cod: *** no

Quint: They'll be aight they have our blood

Cod: Aight ig

Satin: *** sure ig
@Aquasparky BRO THIS IS SO SWEET ;W; Yeahh Quintidolo isn't very lenient and couldn't wait until his clan had enough coins to make more space so he sent out the cluster of Cod and Satin's babies despite them JUST being born. For the sake of lore, I concluded he harbors little sympathy but believes that their 'Fester' blood would keep them safe.

Basically:

Quint: We need more space. Cod give me your newborns, we are throwing them out

Cod: *** no

Quint: They'll be aight they have our blood

Cod: Aight ig

Satin: *** sure ig
Sometimes I do, and if the parents' clan is a lore clan i write a little bit about it. Although i have one dragon where I named the clan, but turned the parents into crime lords to fit the story since they had no bio and i wonder what the owner will think if they ever go through the offspring list lol
Sometimes I do, and if the parents' clan is a lore clan i write a little bit about it. Although i have one dragon where I named the clan, but turned the parents into crime lords to fit the story since they had no bio and i wonder what the owner will think if they ever go through the offspring list lol
m87ieVe.png
I did this with Celandine here! I tend not to breed my lore dragons, but I have seen one or two that mention their birth clan or flight and it warms my heart lol
I did this with Celandine here! I tend not to breed my lore dragons, but I have seen one or two that mention their birth clan or flight and it warms my heart lol
seth / three
22 | male | he/him.
guy that thrives in frigid wastelands
df8wx2z-d8f54994-03f5-4e4d-80e1-ca18c86d7bb1.gif
A very long time ago, back when I wrote down my dragons' lore, I had a boy who left home because he had a falling out with his parents. The original breeder read it and then sent a letter from the father, fully in character, with black tulips attached as a gift. I still have them in my lore. The two dragons made up, yes.
A very long time ago, back when I wrote down my dragons' lore, I had a boy who left home because he had a falling out with his parents. The original breeder read it and then sent a letter from the father, fully in character, with black tulips attached as a gift. I still have them in my lore. The two dragons made up, yes.
: +3
: Yes

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
I expand when possible but I don't think I have any good examples anymore. However I have kept tabs on an old dragon of mine that actually still use some of the old lore I wrote years back and I'm delighted every time I look at him.

Generally I have a pretty lax attitude when it comes to lore so if others want to take inspo or give my characters new personalities to fit their lore I mainly welcome it.

One example I could give is Max, as I took inspo from his maternal grandparents when trying to figure out his lore.
I expand when possible but I don't think I have any good examples anymore. However I have kept tabs on an old dragon of mine that actually still use some of the old lore I wrote years back and I'm delighted every time I look at him.

Generally I have a pretty lax attitude when it comes to lore so if others want to take inspo or give my characters new personalities to fit their lore I mainly welcome it.

One example I could give is Max, as I took inspo from his maternal grandparents when trying to figure out his lore.
mby23.gif • +9 FR, She/Her, all mirror clan (2 exceptions,,,,, *shakes fists at aberrations*)
• I collect Mossy Cerdae's (930) and Cerdae Sparkle (17.8k). (Updated 2022-08-28)
Fixing up my lair
Like 3 of mine, I like 10 of yours!
100.gif
1 2 3