Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Players who incorporate former lairs:
1 2 3
You are treasures and you are delightful and we do not deserve you and I love you

I often check back on dragons that have left our midst and...
  • One person used my username as a brand in the dragon's lore
  • One person wrote in their lore that they had to discuss with The Clan's Leader to be allowed to woo the dragon into moving away
  • One person saved all of my (like 15) scries for a dragon they adopted into an imgur album so that the scries "wouldn't be lost"
  • One person further expanded upon the lore that I myself had expanded upon for one dragon, and they're taking it even further and giving the dragon even more depth

And I'm sure there's more but I just, I just - do you UNDERSTAND that this makes me so happy that I cry. I love it so much.

I completely understand when users like dragons to be beautiful blank slates, starting from scratch, completely their own when the dragon enters their lair. I just love the history and legacy being woven so lovingly like this.

Please share an example of your own, if you have one!! This stuff makes me so happy!!
You are treasures and you are delightful and we do not deserve you and I love you

I often check back on dragons that have left our midst and...
  • One person used my username as a brand in the dragon's lore
  • One person wrote in their lore that they had to discuss with The Clan's Leader to be allowed to woo the dragon into moving away
  • One person saved all of my (like 15) scries for a dragon they adopted into an imgur album so that the scries "wouldn't be lost"
  • One person further expanded upon the lore that I myself had expanded upon for one dragon, and they're taking it even further and giving the dragon even more depth

And I'm sure there's more but I just, I just - do you UNDERSTAND that this makes me so happy that I cry. I love it so much.

I completely understand when users like dragons to be beautiful blank slates, starting from scratch, completely their own when the dragon enters their lair. I just love the history and legacy being woven so lovingly like this.

Please share an example of your own, if you have one!! This stuff makes me so happy!!
cM8dUFr.png
Frankly with this community I actively avoid doing this because I fully expect someone to send me an angry message about how the dragon was mine, but what they wrote about that dragon as a character in their lore was theirs, and I'm not allowed to change it. Blank it sure, but tinker in someone else's creative work? You monster. That's piracy. I will sue you.

That's what I expect, so when I do this I keep it all headcannon.

I do keep the lore though. And I enjoy telling myself stories in my head about their new lives.
Frankly with this community I actively avoid doing this because I fully expect someone to send me an angry message about how the dragon was mine, but what they wrote about that dragon as a character in their lore was theirs, and I'm not allowed to change it. Blank it sure, but tinker in someone else's creative work? You monster. That's piracy. I will sue you.

That's what I expect, so when I do this I keep it all headcannon.

I do keep the lore though. And I enjoy telling myself stories in my head about their new lives.
86cgLtF.png
When I used to have my lore written in bios, I had at least one user mention it in their bio. Years later I deleted all of it because it was cringe to me, and at some point they contacted me about the status of their dragon (it was the grandson of my progenitors that I had sold) and if the lore still applied, lol.

I think its really sweet when people do that, even though I didn't like my lore and deleted it haha.
When I used to have my lore written in bios, I had at least one user mention it in their bio. Years later I deleted all of it because it was cringe to me, and at some point they contacted me about the status of their dragon (it was the grandson of my progenitors that I had sold) and if the lore still applied, lol.

I think its really sweet when people do that, even though I didn't like my lore and deleted it haha.
Tnv9hAT.png JrZGMGx.png
mlHpBMC.png
1YB0OjO.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
Eh I don't do this really as lack of time to cross reference and such. Did have a fun lore collab with someone once tho and that dragon is still living in my clan.

Personally, I would not care if people do that to my clan if it is accurate to the clan lore.
Eh I don't do this really as lack of time to cross reference and such. Did have a fun lore collab with someone once tho and that dragon is still living in my clan.

Personally, I would not care if people do that to my clan if it is accurate to the clan lore.
65801676p.png
FR +3 | She/Her
Wishlist | Sales
I love checking parents and incorporating lore!! It is so good! Once I start selling more hatchlings I’m gonna put some small stuff in their bios for people to build off of if they want
I love checking parents and incorporating lore!! It is so good! Once I start selling more hatchlings I’m gonna put some small stuff in their bios for people to build off of if they want
25781.png xxxFramexxx
xMarley
They/he/she
Wishlist
x NXDDrCY.gif
It's neat to see it happen even if the lore is far from accurate, though I'm just someone who gets excited to see a dragon I sold get lore at all haha. ^^

Personally I only slide in quick references to the previous lair of a dragon if I know the previous owner.
It's neat to see it happen even if the lore is far from accurate, though I'm just someone who gets excited to see a dragon I sold get lore at all haha. ^^

Personally I only slide in quick references to the previous lair of a dragon if I know the previous owner.
z7ICUK0.png1xdmSDp.pngK6fmQCc.png
yesss this is the best

I once gave a couple dragons to someone looking for lore kids, and they've incorporated the parents' lore into their lore (one's the child of pirates, the other is the child of hackers, and they're both following in their parents' footsteps)
yesss this is the best

I once gave a couple dragons to someone looking for lore kids, and they've incorporated the parents' lore into their lore (one's the child of pirates, the other is the child of hackers, and they're both following in their parents' footsteps)
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
Awh, that is very sweet and I'd be honored if someone did that for any of the dragons I sold (95% of them get exalted tho lol gootbye). I never tend to do this myself since I usually buy a dragon with an idea already in mind of what I want from them, alas... doesn't always leave me much space to consider things like that.
But it could be nice.
Awh, that is very sweet and I'd be honored if someone did that for any of the dragons I sold (95% of them get exalted tho lol gootbye). I never tend to do this myself since I usually buy a dragon with an idea already in mind of what I want from them, alas... doesn't always leave me much space to consider things like that.
But it could be nice.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
Whenever I do find dragons with lore, I do try and keep it and even incorporate it into my own if possible. Actually I prefer there to be something to work with before hand, even if only a couple of snippets.
Whenever I do find dragons with lore, I do try and keep it and even incorporate it into my own if possible. Actually I prefer there to be something to work with before hand, even if only a couple of snippets.
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
I do expand, and I have gotten angry messages from individuals who check on the dragons who have left their lairs. Mind you, I buy them off of AH for the most part. So, uh, kind of bugs me if someone is upset at what I do with them moving forward.

But, I do understand where you are coming from. I just want people to enjoy the game. So, I try not to go looking too much at what might have happened to those who have moved on.....
I do expand, and I have gotten angry messages from individuals who check on the dragons who have left their lairs. Mind you, I buy them off of AH for the most part. So, uh, kind of bugs me if someone is upset at what I do with them moving forward.

But, I do understand where you are coming from. I just want people to enjoy the game. So, I try not to go looking too much at what might have happened to those who have moved on.....
BannerEggMoreEggsbb500.png
1 2 3