Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | whats your experience with Coli Captcha?
1 2 3 4
when i get one, I'm done with coli for the day

i am literally so bad at them
when i get one, I'm done with coli for the day

i am literally so bad at them
9242fa66-b028-11ea-854c-b3686ccad672.gif My Brew Shop
Where's my broadcast from? win a prize if you pm me!
I hate it considering how blurry it is on my monitor, how the dragons blend in, or they wear apparel that matches the background so you can barely see them. As someone with really bad vision who would LOVE a way to make the coli larger (and popping it out only makes it larger but blurrier), the captchas are so low quality at regular size I cant imagine doing them with a zoomed in size.
I hate it considering how blurry it is on my monitor, how the dragons blend in, or they wear apparel that matches the background so you can barely see them. As someone with really bad vision who would LOVE a way to make the coli larger (and popping it out only makes it larger but blurrier), the captchas are so low quality at regular size I cant imagine doing them with a zoomed in size.
Ugh, the coli captcha is so annoying. I have good eyesight, and I can't even tell what's the dragon half the time. And they pop up to often, like you said.
Ugh, the coli captcha is so annoying. I have good eyesight, and I can't even tell what's the dragon half the time. And they pop up to often, like you said.
76zQJWq.gifCrlR6L8.gifhErEUVG.gif
LJPlSgH.gifDm3uPgR.gifdXi5w0B.gif
please just change it.

i get the site is refactoring and there will probably be a change afterwards, so just, put a quick little bandage fix, like a captcha that might not be as 'flight rising themed' but is at least do-able for those who can't do the current one.
please just change it.

i get the site is refactoring and there will probably be a change afterwards, so just, put a quick little bandage fix, like a captcha that might not be as 'flight rising themed' but is at least do-able for those who can't do the current one.
1bmIQLP.png
CUqoYIR.png
hvZ3oWr.png
OdNEyUV.png
UedbVG7.png
Never timed it but they definitely do pop up way too often. Like... maybe once every couple of minutes?? And as a mobile user who's device stays on lowest brightness, god sometimes theyre completely incomprehensible. Dark dragons on dark backgrounds might as well not exist. And I've absolutely failed on things I could have sworn were dragons.

Suffice to say, I don't think they're great, haha. I desperately hope they get changed sooner rather than later.

maybe if we all complain enough...
Never timed it but they definitely do pop up way too often. Like... maybe once every couple of minutes?? And as a mobile user who's device stays on lowest brightness, god sometimes theyre completely incomprehensible. Dark dragons on dark backgrounds might as well not exist. And I've absolutely failed on things I could have sworn were dragons.

Suffice to say, I don't think they're great, haha. I desperately hope they get changed sooner rather than later.

maybe if we all complain enough...
  • how often do you get coli captcha? -- About every minute or so. I'd say, in the time it takes to level from 1->7, I probably get captcha'd around 5+ times.
  • has the captcha deterred you from playing in coli? -- So far no, it hasn't locked me out quite yet. The captcha hasn't been the thing to demotivate me either - it surely adds to it sometimes, but it's mainly dodges that gets me to have to take a break from coli.
  • Have you ever definitely clicked on a dragon only for it to fail you? -- YES. So many times. It mostly only happens when I use the "zoom in" button, cause that apparently throws off the hitboxes; but there's been A Non-Zero Amount of times where it still fails me even when I'm not zoomed in.
  • have you ever gotten a coli captcha you couldn't really tell what the dragon was or it blended in so well it was nearly invisible? -- Y e a h this happens at least once every time I'm in the coliseum. I usually resort to process of elimination ("Okay well this thing is a familiar, this is in an item frame, so maybe this mess of feathers is the dragon"), or if there's multiple Unidentifiable Blobs, I'll wind up screen-snipping it and putting it in an art program to rotate it and mess with the hue/saturation/etc until something starts looking like a dragon. It's.. it's a process.

Overall the captcha is,, not good. I'm lucky enough to be pretty good at these things, since they were one of my favourite types of puzzles(?) growing up. But even then there's still some that throw me off enough to need to turn to my art program for help - which is quite frankly absurd for a simple "are you human" test that happens nearly every other battle.
  • how often do you get coli captcha? -- About every minute or so. I'd say, in the time it takes to level from 1->7, I probably get captcha'd around 5+ times.
  • has the captcha deterred you from playing in coli? -- So far no, it hasn't locked me out quite yet. The captcha hasn't been the thing to demotivate me either - it surely adds to it sometimes, but it's mainly dodges that gets me to have to take a break from coli.
  • Have you ever definitely clicked on a dragon only for it to fail you? -- YES. So many times. It mostly only happens when I use the "zoom in" button, cause that apparently throws off the hitboxes; but there's been A Non-Zero Amount of times where it still fails me even when I'm not zoomed in.
  • have you ever gotten a coli captcha you couldn't really tell what the dragon was or it blended in so well it was nearly invisible? -- Y e a h this happens at least once every time I'm in the coliseum. I usually resort to process of elimination ("Okay well this thing is a familiar, this is in an item frame, so maybe this mess of feathers is the dragon"), or if there's multiple Unidentifiable Blobs, I'll wind up screen-snipping it and putting it in an art program to rotate it and mess with the hue/saturation/etc until something starts looking like a dragon. It's.. it's a process.

Overall the captcha is,, not good. I'm lucky enough to be pretty good at these things, since they were one of my favourite types of puzzles(?) growing up. But even then there's still some that throw me off enough to need to turn to my art program for help - which is quite frankly absurd for a simple "are you human" test that happens nearly every other battle.
AutisticMaveriqueNonbinary, They/Them
SystemOtherkinFurry
This is an exalting lair
I coli a lot, but mostly in the higher venues. I don't really even notice them anymore. If I can't see the dragon immediately (I'm on mobile), I just click whatever blob that is the hardest to see what it is. Usually thats turns out to be the dragon. LOL If its not, the next captcha is usually easier to see.
I coli a lot, but mostly in the higher venues. I don't really even notice them anymore. If I can't see the dragon immediately (I'm on mobile), I just click whatever blob that is the hardest to see what it is. Usually thats turns out to be the dragon. LOL If its not, the next captcha is usually easier to see.
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
63776550.png94501001.png87809713.png.png
Miserable. Absolutely miserable. Assuming I can find the dragon, which isn't a guarantee as many in the thread have already pointed out, then there's a solid chance that even though I clicked the dragon, I'm given yet another captcha. It's infuriating and if we have to have a captcha system I wish it could just be a simple 'enter the string of letters/numbers :)" sort, just so I don't have to deal with the current system.
Miserable. Absolutely miserable. Assuming I can find the dragon, which isn't a guarantee as many in the thread have already pointed out, then there's a solid chance that even though I clicked the dragon, I'm given yet another captcha. It's infuriating and if we have to have a captcha system I wish it could just be a simple 'enter the string of letters/numbers :)" sort, just so I don't have to deal with the current system.
JXVUomh.png
I have pretty much the same situation as the OP. I do stop playing after a while on account of the captcha. It is very difficult to see the dragon and I have a good monitor. I would love to play Coli though. I would like to level up all my dragons, I don't have many, so gathering can keep my dragons fed. But what if I want to breed my dragons? Fodder and sales would be nice to do but I would need to play Coli. So my time and participation in FR is very limited. I go elsewhere to play. *shrug*
I have pretty much the same situation as the OP. I do stop playing after a while on account of the captcha. It is very difficult to see the dragon and I have a good monitor. I would love to play Coli though. I would like to level up all my dragons, I don't have many, so gathering can keep my dragons fed. But what if I want to breed my dragons? Fodder and sales would be nice to do but I would need to play Coli. So my time and participation in FR is very limited. I go elsewhere to play. *shrug*
79868604p.png79868603p.png1q7diA4.jpegMreCscM.png
I detest coli captchas. Every time one appears every few rounds, the dragon is either blending in the background, full of apparel, or the hitbox is wonky. Earlier today the captcha didnt register me clicking the dragon TWICE despite knowing that it was, in fact, a skydancer and a pearlcatcher respectively.
I detest coli captchas. Every time one appears every few rounds, the dragon is either blending in the background, full of apparel, or the hitbox is wonky. Earlier today the captcha didnt register me clicking the dragon TWICE despite knowing that it was, in fact, a skydancer and a pearlcatcher respectively.
e1hq93t.jpeg umzEeyZ.jpeg
1 2 3 4