Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | whats your experience with Coli Captcha?
1 2 3 4
Sometimes for me it just does not load. At all. It will stop the game and start on that screen, but the captcha itself is nowhere to be found. I'm pretty sure it's a problem with my internet and not FR, but it's still pretty bothersome. I always have to restart when that happens.
Sometimes for me it just does not load. At all. It will stop the game and start on that screen, but the captcha itself is nowhere to be found. I'm pretty sure it's a problem with my internet and not FR, but it's still pretty bothersome. I always have to restart when that happens.
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o4_100.giftumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o2_75sq.png Hobbyist Writer57719699_nSiBYnESr0q0Pa5.pngFeel free to ping! tumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o1_75sq.pngtumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o2_100.gif
coli captcha is the bane of my existence as someone who has extremely poor eyesight regarding small images with backgrounds and sits a fair distance away from my laptop screen.

the fact that i have to lean forward to squint at my screen is bad enough, but to add the dirt-in-the-wound that is the dragons sometimes being completely incomprehensible against whatever dark spot they happen to land on? please, for the love of god, just make me type a string of letters+numbers or find every tile with a crosswalk on it to prove that i'm a sentient being.
coli captcha is the bane of my existence as someone who has extremely poor eyesight regarding small images with backgrounds and sits a fair distance away from my laptop screen.

the fact that i have to lean forward to squint at my screen is bad enough, but to add the dirt-in-the-wound that is the dragons sometimes being completely incomprehensible against whatever dark spot they happen to land on? please, for the love of god, just make me type a string of letters+numbers or find every tile with a crosswalk on it to prove that i'm a sentient being.
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
Im lucky to have no problem with them other than breaking my grinding strike for a second
Im lucky to have no problem with them other than breaking my grinding strike for a second
my only real issue is that the hitboxes are wonky :/ other than that, its a minor annoyance, but nothing more. the boosted stats come in handy occasionally (though if I could, I wouldn't object to making it +EXP every time lol)
my only real issue is that the hitboxes are wonky :/ other than that, its a minor annoyance, but nothing more. the boosted stats come in handy occasionally (though if I could, I wouldn't object to making it +EXP every time lol)
wofr_by_epicdragon99-da5ra91.png
I've started recognizing dragons off of wings alone so it isn't super often that I get a catcha I can't complete, but every 10 or so catchas I end up clicking a winged familiar instead of a dragon I've decided to start taking screenshots everytime I see a catcha that makes me wonder if there's actually a dragon in it, so far I'm only at two but I'm sure there will be more [img]https://f2.toyhou.se/file/f2-toyhou-se/images/55099968_zEQLnpAMpy9l8rI.png[/img] The dragon is in the branches of the tree, right above the torch. It is a female Pearlcatcher rotated to the right with colours that almost perfectly match the background [img]https://f2.toyhou.se/file/f2-toyhou-se/images/55099974_4zoNmi6f7w8UJ8C.png[/img] The dragon is that blob in the bottom right corner. It is male Wildclaw rotated to the left, wearing at least 4 apparel items, and possibly wearing a skin
I've started recognizing dragons off of wings alone so it isn't super often that I get a catcha I can't complete, but every 10 or so catchas I end up clicking a winged familiar instead of a dragon

I've decided to start taking screenshots everytime I see a catcha that makes me wonder if there's actually a dragon in it, so far I'm only at two but I'm sure there will be more
55099968_zEQLnpAMpy9l8rI.png
The dragon is in the branches of the tree, right above the torch. It is a female Pearlcatcher rotated to the right with colours that almost perfectly match the background
55099974_4zoNmi6f7w8UJ8C.png
The dragon is that blob in the bottom right corner. It is male Wildclaw rotated to the left, wearing at least 4 apparel items, and possibly wearing a skin
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
how often does everyone else gets coli captcha?
Infrequently enough that it's not too intrusive for me.

has the captcha deterred you from playing in coli?
Only under the circumstance of the rare occurrence where I fail enough that it forces me out for a time.
My ISP giving me 12,000 ping is definitely more common and far more likely to be what deters me from playing Coli (or anything on the site for that matter XP)

Have you ever definitely clicked on a dragon only for it to fail you?
Yes. I've even had this happen so many times in a row that I was booted and put in time out.

have you ever gotten a coli captcha you couldn't really tell what the dragon was or it blended in so well it was nearly invisible?
Yup.
My vision isn't the greatest, but I can usually find the dragon just by ruling out the other images. ("Apparel item, familiar, some kind of food... ah, this unidentifiable blob must be a dragon covered in apparel.)
how often does everyone else gets coli captcha?
Infrequently enough that it's not too intrusive for me.

has the captcha deterred you from playing in coli?
Only under the circumstance of the rare occurrence where I fail enough that it forces me out for a time.
My ISP giving me 12,000 ping is definitely more common and far more likely to be what deters me from playing Coli (or anything on the site for that matter XP)

Have you ever definitely clicked on a dragon only for it to fail you?
Yes. I've even had this happen so many times in a row that I was booted and put in time out.

have you ever gotten a coli captcha you couldn't really tell what the dragon was or it blended in so well it was nearly invisible?
Yup.
My vision isn't the greatest, but I can usually find the dragon just by ruling out the other images. ("Apparel item, familiar, some kind of food... ah, this unidentifiable blob must be a dragon covered in apparel.)
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Often, I click directly on the dragon and it still makes me try again... dreading the day it fails to register several times in a row and locks me out for a bit.
Often, I click directly on the dragon and it still makes me try again... dreading the day it fails to register several times in a row and locks me out for a bit.
5C5FJH0.gif

Fuzzy
He/him
FR+3

AAaAaaaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaaAAAAAaaaaaaaaA
Hate coli captcha, just hate it. Really demotivates me when trying to farm as I get them every few minutes, I even get them when I start up coli. Got me some good eyes but they still trip me up.
Hate coli captcha, just hate it. Really demotivates me when trying to farm as I get them every few minutes, I even get them when I start up coli. Got me some good eyes but they still trip me up.
91741235.png77876607.png
I will easily get one every 5-6 fights, sometimes more often. Not awful at higher levels when the fights take a bit, but atrocious at lower ones when I'm just zipping through.

100% a deterrent to using the coli, probably the biggest reason I don't at this point tbh.

I have also clicked on what is absolutely a dragon only for it to fail, and had some where the dragon blends in so well or the other options are just as awful.

I'm glad FR is moving away from being 100000% coli-centric, but the coli is still a big part of the site and the fact that there's so many users frustrated with the captcha and more complaining they can't use it at all because of how bad the captcha is means there's more work to be done. Preferably removing the captcha, but that'll never happen *rolls eyes*
I will easily get one every 5-6 fights, sometimes more often. Not awful at higher levels when the fights take a bit, but atrocious at lower ones when I'm just zipping through.

100% a deterrent to using the coli, probably the biggest reason I don't at this point tbh.

I have also clicked on what is absolutely a dragon only for it to fail, and had some where the dragon blends in so well or the other options are just as awful.

I'm glad FR is moving away from being 100000% coli-centric, but the coli is still a big part of the site and the fact that there's so many users frustrated with the captcha and more complaining they can't use it at all because of how bad the captcha is means there's more work to be done. Preferably removing the captcha, but that'll never happen *rolls eyes*
TW8ViqF.pngrix3ppo.png
Pings Welcome! Especially if you're quoting me XD
captcha makes me so... tired

i dont know how many i get, probably about the average amount everyone else is saying, but ive never solidly counted or anything

it does deter me from playing sometimes, personally im colorblind, so sometimes they just blend together too bad and it becomes a guessing game for several tries in a row. i imagine this is much the same for other visual impairments

i couldnt tell you if ive ever clicked one that was definitely a dragon, if i get it wrong i just assume i must have been wrong because of what i said a moment ago /shrug

not even sure what to suggest about this problem short of removing it entirely.
captcha makes me so... tired

i dont know how many i get, probably about the average amount everyone else is saying, but ive never solidly counted or anything

it does deter me from playing sometimes, personally im colorblind, so sometimes they just blend together too bad and it becomes a guessing game for several tries in a row. i imagine this is much the same for other visual impairments

i couldnt tell you if ive ever clicked one that was definitely a dragon, if i get it wrong i just assume i must have been wrong because of what i said a moment ago /shrug

not even sure what to suggest about this problem short of removing it entirely.
gTTW2gA.png
ePOliyb.png
kAof1pc.png
ipXQ8Fw.png
mlHpBMC.png
wyatt01.pngwrightharvey_harvey.pngwrightharvey_wright.pngkigahen_jasper.png
1 2 3 4