Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Increase lairspace
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
I'd love more lair space.
I haven't maxed my lair because it's just so horribly expensive, but I definitely aim to. Those millions of breeding projects I have need space...

I'd love more lair space.
I haven't maxed my lair because it's just so horribly expensive, but I definitely aim to. Those millions of breeding projects I have need space...

I'll always vouch for more space, both lair and Hibden, because I can easily see how quickly this gets maxed out with projects or permas! I personally can't afford more expansion (or enough food for all those dragons I would have), but if it was the case, I would've topped it a long time ago just by collecting dragons I find pretty.

I wish there was some sort "Secondary" Hibden, where we could shelve dragons and get them in/out only by paying a fee.

I'm attached to certain old pairs I have because they were the first ones I made, but I don't plan on breeding them anytime soon and don't want to exalt because I want them displayed, or having them being a "food sink" in my lair... So they are just nicely sitting in my Hibden, taking space that I could use for new projects, just because I want to keep them as... Souvenirs? I get that this might be hard on servers depending on the quantity of dragons that would be shelved, but with a decent fee and specific use behind it, it would discourage players for using it the same way as the current Hibden.
I'll always vouch for more space, both lair and Hibden, because I can easily see how quickly this gets maxed out with projects or permas! I personally can't afford more expansion (or enough food for all those dragons I would have), but if it was the case, I would've topped it a long time ago just by collecting dragons I find pretty.

I wish there was some sort "Secondary" Hibden, where we could shelve dragons and get them in/out only by paying a fee.

I'm attached to certain old pairs I have because they were the first ones I made, but I don't plan on breeding them anytime soon and don't want to exalt because I want them displayed, or having them being a "food sink" in my lair... So they are just nicely sitting in my Hibden, taking space that I could use for new projects, just because I want to keep them as... Souvenirs? I get that this might be hard on servers depending on the quantity of dragons that would be shelved, but with a decent fee and specific use behind it, it would discourage players for using it the same way as the current Hibden.
YaLh2Os.png
Nice to see this on the front page again. I always want more space. I had hoped we'd get another bump with the second Arlo digsite but sadly, nothing so far.

Can I just say though. If/when we get more den space PLEASE make it an odd number of slots added? Currently the den holds a max on 439 which is just...awful and awkward. Please, please I'm begging, can we get the final total to be I don't even care, a multiple of 5, ending on a 0, just whatever number of slots they add can it not be such a weird number for the total?
Nice to see this on the front page again. I always want more space. I had hoped we'd get another bump with the second Arlo digsite but sadly, nothing so far.

Can I just say though. If/when we get more den space PLEASE make it an odd number of slots added? Currently the den holds a max on 439 which is just...awful and awkward. Please, please I'm begging, can we get the final total to be I don't even care, a multiple of 5, ending on a 0, just whatever number of slots they add can it not be such a weird number for the total?
you know what else is taxing on database? thousands of random dead accounts who made their progens and never played again
you know what else is taxing on database? thousands of random dead accounts who made their progens and never played again
16548005264907663230036691354834.gif Stand up for native representation in FR! 16548005264907663230036691354834.gif
[quote name="aeonium" date="2022-07-15 19:15:00" ] you know what else is taxing on database? thousands of random dead accounts who made their progens and never played again [/quote] Actually no, they're not taxing at all. Their database entries are short and sweet, a one-page pamphlet. The more dragons you have, the more things you do, the more taxing on the database you are. This is offset by the fact that you see ads - at least, you bring some kind of money to FR.
aeonium wrote on 2022-07-15 19:15:00:
Actually no, they're not taxing at all.

Their database entries are short and sweet, a one-page pamphlet. The more dragons you have, the more things you do, the more taxing on the database you are.

This is offset by the fact that you see ads - at least, you bring some kind of money to FR.
[quote name="Corviknight" date="2022-07-15 20:07:40" ] [quote name="aeonium" date="2022-07-15 19:15:00" ] you know what else is taxing on database? thousands of random dead accounts who made their progens and never played again [/quote] Actually no, they're not taxing at all. Their database entries are short and sweet, a one-page pamphlet. The more dragons you have, the more things you do, the more taxing on the database you are. This is offset by the fact that you see ads - at least, you bring some kind of money to FR. [/quote] think about how many of those one pages there are, though. nearly every dragon feature you see on the front page is from a dead account
Corviknight wrote on 2022-07-15 20:07:40:

Their database entries are short and sweet, a one-page pamphlet. The more dragons you have, the more things you do, the more taxing on the database you are.

This is offset by the fact that you see ads - at least, you bring some kind of money to FR.
think about how many of those one pages there are, though. nearly every dragon feature you see on the front page is from a dead account
16548005264907663230036691354834.gif Stand up for native representation in FR! 16548005264907663230036691354834.gif
[quote name="aeonium" date="2022-07-16 21:13:46" ] [quote name="Corviknight" date="2022-07-15 20:07:40" ] [quote name="aeonium" date="2022-07-15 19:15:00" ] you know what else is taxing on database? thousands of random dead accounts who made their progens and never played again [/quote] Actually no, they're not taxing at all. Their database entries are short and sweet, a one-page pamphlet. The more dragons you have, the more things you do, the more taxing on the database you are. This is offset by the fact that you see ads - at least, you bring some kind of money to FR. [/quote] think about how many of those one pages there are, though. nearly every dragon feature you see on the front page is from a dead account [/quote] Active accounts are more taxing due to the ticks from hunger. Those dead accounts and progen-less accounts lack that. While there are many more, the active accounts are infinitely more taxing overall due to ticks and whatnot.
aeonium wrote on 2022-07-16 21:13:46:
Corviknight wrote on 2022-07-15 20:07:40:

think about how many of those one pages there are, though. nearly every dragon feature you see on the front page is from a dead account

Active accounts are more taxing due to the ticks from hunger. Those dead accounts and progen-less accounts lack that. While there are many more, the active accounts are infinitely more taxing overall due to ticks and whatnot.
I would really appreciate more lair space, even if I only have a fraction of the spaces even opened.
I would really appreciate more lair space, even if I only have a fraction of the spaces even opened.
Please ping me! I won't see otherwise! Thank you!
22 | DID System (~80+)
he/him/his
RzUHyEQ.png
~ I do intend to put more stuff here as time goes on! I may add a link to certain spreadsheets or wishlists! ~
I'd love more lair space, but I also don't want it to be overdone. After all, I still want the game to be somewhat playable.
But, you have a whole game surrounding breeding dragons, and there's usually a new breed released each year... there are people like me who don't exalt dragons and are reaching their lair space max, but still want to collect new members for the clan.
I wonder if devs will revisit this topic once the refactor is complete.
I'd love more lair space, but I also don't want it to be overdone. After all, I still want the game to be somewhat playable.
But, you have a whole game surrounding breeding dragons, and there's usually a new breed released each year... there are people like me who don't exalt dragons and are reaching their lair space max, but still want to collect new members for the clan.
4fDk2WySUrAvwAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
fXqB1J8.png
[quote name="Hassaleh" date="2022-08-19 21:56:28" ] I'd love more lair space, but I also don't want it to be overdone. After all, I still want the game to be somewhat playable. But, you have a whole game surrounding breeding dragons, and there's usually a new breed released each year... there are people like me who don't exalt dragons and are reaching their lair space max, but still want to collect new members for the clan. I wonder if devs will revisit this topic once the refactor is complete. [/quote] Also people like me who don’t exalt and are trying very hard to exercise restraint in collecting dragons to not hit maximum capacity, to the point where the game has lost a lot of its fun :/
Hassaleh wrote on 2022-08-19 21:56:28:
Also people like me who don’t exalt and are trying very hard to exercise restraint in collecting dragons to not hit maximum capacity, to the point where the game has lost a lot of its fun :/
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17