Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Increase lairspace
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
If FR plans to continue to release new breeds and genes (and I'm pretty sure they plan to), then they should at least creep up the amount of dragons we have to match.

I play on Global Pokedex Plus, and they haven't upgrade our space in at least three generations of Pokemon. It's very frustrating to have to decide between getting rid of Lv 100 Pokemon, shinies, battlers, or favorites just to fit the next generation in. It makes it VERY difficult to continue playing.

I'm nowhere near that on FR, but more and more players are getting there. I support a den/lair space creep.
If FR plans to continue to release new breeds and genes (and I'm pretty sure they plan to), then they should at least creep up the amount of dragons we have to match.

I play on Global Pokedex Plus, and they haven't upgrade our space in at least three generations of Pokemon. It's very frustrating to have to decide between getting rid of Lv 100 Pokemon, shinies, battlers, or favorites just to fit the next generation in. It makes it VERY difficult to continue playing.

I'm nowhere near that on FR, but more and more players are getting there. I support a den/lair space creep.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2021-01-23 10:38:27" ] If FR plans to continue to release new breeds and genes (and I'm pretty sure they plan to), then they should at least creep up the amount of dragons we have to match. I play on Global Pokedex Plus, and they haven't upgrade our space in at least three generations of Pokemon. It's very frustrating to have to decide between getting rid of Lv 100 Pokemon, shinies, battlers, or favorites just to fit the next generation in. It makes it VERY difficult to continue playing. I'm nowhere near that on FR, but more and more players are getting there. I support a den/lair space creep. [/quote] Oh, hey, I remember GPX+. I haven't been on for a while, but I played for years, and I remember that becoming a problem towards the end. It's a good analogy, though; if websites increase the amount of content, they should also increase the amount of space players have for that content. We've had three new breeds released in the past year and a half (to say nothing of the genes and the projects those might spur), and only ten more lair spaces. I don't mind if max lair space growth is very slow, or if we only get 10 new slots a year or somesuch, but it does need to happen; a stagnated cap most punishes the players who've been playing the longest.
gemajgall wrote on 2021-01-23 10:38:27:

Oh, hey, I remember GPX+. I haven't been on for a while, but I played for years, and I remember that becoming a problem towards the end.

It's a good analogy, though; if websites increase the amount of content, they should also increase the amount of space players have for that content. We've had three new breeds released in the past year and a half (to say nothing of the genes and the projects those might spur), and only ten more lair spaces. I don't mind if max lair space growth is very slow, or if we only get 10 new slots a year or somesuch, but it does need to happen; a stagnated cap most punishes the players who've been playing the longest.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
[quote name="Laluzi" date="2021-01-23 10:44:45" ] It's a good analogy, though; if websites increase the amount of content, they should also increase the amount of space players have for that content. We've had three new breeds released in the past year and a half (to say nothing of the genes and the projects those might spur), and only ten more lair spaces. [/quote] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2788911/1]I made a post about this[/url], specifically to do with tabs (back when i was super shy and timid in forums lol) and as you can see, I very much still organize by breed. it's tangentially related, but it goes to show that Needing Space has been an issue kinda forever, in one way or another. and if I recall correctly, they merely increased the maximum number of tabs one may have. this brings me to my suggestion. Make it infinite. Tabs have a set-in-stone price, so there's no reason it can't be infinite. Lair space can be infinite with an algorithm determining the price for the next increase... it seems so rediculously simple.
Laluzi wrote on 2021-01-23 10:44:45:
It's a good analogy, though; if websites increase the amount of content, they should also increase the amount of space players have for that content. We've had three new breeds released in the past year and a half (to say nothing of the genes and the projects those might spur), and only ten more lair spaces.
I made a post about this, specifically to do with tabs (back when i was super shy and timid in forums lol) and as you can see, I very much still organize by breed. it's tangentially related, but it goes to show that Needing Space has been an issue kinda forever, in one way or another. and if I recall correctly, they merely increased the maximum number of tabs one may have.

this brings me to my suggestion. Make it infinite. Tabs have a set-in-stone price, so there's no reason it can't be infinite. Lair space can be infinite with an algorithm determining the price for the next increase... it seems so rediculously simple.
dBieivA.png
eIK5iG7.png
ePOliyb.png
bYt72YT.png
xj6Mn2e.png
A Bottomless Curse,
A Bottomless Sea
Accepting of
All that there Is
And can Be
65911250.png
WbuVpYC.png
[quote name="Doodlepede" date="2021-01-24 00:37:46" ] [quote name="Laluzi" date="2021-01-23 10:44:45" ] It's a good analogy, though; if websites increase the amount of content, they should also increase the amount of space players have for that content. We've had three new breeds released in the past year and a half (to say nothing of the genes and the projects those might spur), and only ten more lair spaces. [/quote] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2788911/1]I made a post about this[/url], specifically to do with tabs (back when i was super shy and timid in forums lol) and as you can see, I very much still organize by breed. it's tangentially related, but it goes to show that Needing Space has been an issue kinda forever, in one way or another. and if I recall correctly, they merely increased the maximum number of tabs one may have. this brings me to my suggestion. Make it infinite. Tabs have a set-in-stone price, so there's no reason it can't be infinite. Lair space can be infinite with an algorithm determining the price for the next increase... it seems so rediculously simple. [/quote] It really do seem simple but apparently it's not because we have only gotten 10 spaces in the last 3 years!! Way too little for such a long time periode.
Doodlepede wrote on 2021-01-24 00:37:46:
It's a good analogy, though; if websites increase the amount of content, they should also increase the amount of space players have for that content. We've had three new breeds released in the past year and a half (to say nothing of the genes and the projects those might spur), and only ten more lair spaces.
I made a post about this, specifically to do with tabs (back when i was super shy and timid in forums lol) and as you can see, I very much still organize by breed. it's tangentially related, but it goes to show that Needing Space has been an issue kinda forever, in one way or another. and if I recall correctly, they merely increased the maximum number of tabs one may have.

this brings me to my suggestion. Make it infinite. Tabs have a set-in-stone price, so there's no reason it can't be infinite. Lair space can be infinite with an algorithm determining the price for the next increase... it seems so rediculously simple.

It really do seem simple but apparently it's not because we have only gotten 10 spaces in the last 3 years!!
Way too little for such a long time periode.
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
I do like and support the idea of more lair space (especially hibden slots). More space = more fodder = more money for me :p But please not unlimited slots. For either. The lag would be ridiculous. Raise the cap little by little as more content is released. 50-100 slots per update (for active lair, not hibden). It's a good treasure sink.

edit: for hibden new tasks could be added for new/revamped coli venues. Like forbidden portal.
I do like and support the idea of more lair space (especially hibden slots). More space = more fodder = more money for me :p But please not unlimited slots. For either. The lag would be ridiculous. Raise the cap little by little as more content is released. 50-100 slots per update (for active lair, not hibden). It's a good treasure sink.

edit: for hibden new tasks could be added for new/revamped coli venues. Like forbidden portal.
cd9e52d0a68b946dfff79aea46bc6309691f000d.png

angelo ♦ he/him ♦ fr+4
plague dom org

about + faq
74805783.png
little guy!!!!!
[quote name="Dabble" date="2021-01-23 00:43:54" ] 50-100 for regular and double for hib den would be a great start! [/quote] I am so down for this! We’ve needed more lair space for a LONG time.
Dabble wrote on 2021-01-23 00:43:54:
50-100 for regular and double for hib den would be a great start!
I am so down for this! We’ve needed more lair space for a LONG time.

Dappervolk ID #27689
Rbf96Oh.gifCuK85yM.pngtRNevRC.gif
[quote name="Laluzi" date="2021-01-23 10:44:45" ] [quote name="gemajgall" date="2021-01-23 10:38:27" ] If FR plans to continue to release new breeds and genes (and I'm pretty sure they plan to), then they should at least creep up the amount of dragons we have to match. I play on Global Pokedex Plus, and they haven't upgrade our space in at least three generations of Pokemon. It's very frustrating to have to decide between getting rid of Lv 100 Pokemon, shinies, battlers, or favorites just to fit the next generation in. It makes it VERY difficult to continue playing. I'm nowhere near that on FR, but more and more players are getting there. I support a den/lair space creep. [/quote] Oh, hey, I remember GPX+. I haven't been on for a while, but I played for years, and I remember that becoming a problem towards the end. It's a good analogy, though; if websites increase the amount of content, they should also increase the amount of space players have for that content. We've had three new breeds released in the past year and a half (to say nothing of the genes and the projects those might spur), and only ten more lair spaces. I don't mind if max lair space growth is very slow, or if we only get 10 new slots a year or somesuch, but it does need to happen; a stagnated cap most punishes the players who've been playing the longest. [/quote] Definitely agree with this. Unless the staff plans on not adding any new content than increasing the available space players have just seems like the normal thing to do. Unlimited slots seems a bit much though, so I think a simple increase in lair cap will be better. Even if it was just increased by 5 or 10 slots for every major update, it's a lot better than what we have now.

Oh, hey, I remember GPX+. I haven't been on for a while, but I played for years, and I remember that becoming a problem towards the end.

It's a good analogy, though; if websites increase the amount of content, they should also increase the amount of space players have for that content. We've had three new breeds released in the past year and a half (to say nothing of the genes and the projects those might spur), and only ten more lair spaces. I don't mind if max lair space growth is very slow, or if we only get 10 new slots a year or somesuch, but it does need to happen; a stagnated cap most punishes the players who've been playing the longest.

Definitely agree with this. Unless the staff plans on not adding any new content than increasing the available space players have just seems like the normal thing to do.

Unlimited slots seems a bit much though, so I think a simple increase in lair cap will be better. Even if it was just increased by 5 or 10 slots for every major update, it's a lot better than what we have now.
bvjiIEV.png
I'd love more lair space.
More space means more dragons and keeps older players like me with more to collect. I'm sure FR staff can figure out how to manage their servers.
I'd love more lair space.
More space means more dragons and keeps older players like me with more to collect. I'm sure FR staff can figure out how to manage their servers.
[quote name="Bhunivelze" date="2021-02-02 09:17:58" ] [quote name="Laluzi" date="2021-01-23 10:44:45" ] [quote name="gemajgall" date="2021-01-23 10:38:27" ] If FR plans to continue to release new breeds and genes (and I'm pretty sure they plan to), then they should at least creep up the amount of dragons we have to match. I play on Global Pokedex Plus, and they haven't upgrade our space in at least three generations of Pokemon. It's very frustrating to have to decide between getting rid of Lv 100 Pokemon, shinies, battlers, or favorites just to fit the next generation in. It makes it VERY difficult to continue playing. I'm nowhere near that on FR, but more and more players are getting there. I support a den/lair space creep. [/quote] Oh, hey, I remember GPX+. I haven't been on for a while, but I played for years, and I remember that becoming a problem towards the end. It's a good analogy, though; if websites increase the amount of content, they should also increase the amount of space players have for that content. We've had three new breeds released in the past year and a half (to say nothing of the genes and the projects those might spur), and only ten more lair spaces. I don't mind if max lair space growth is very slow, or if we only get 10 new slots a year or somesuch, but it does need to happen; a stagnated cap most punishes the players who've been playing the longest. [/quote] Definitely agree with this. Unless the staff plans on not adding any new content than increasing the available space players have just seems like the normal thing to do. Unlimited slots seems a bit much though, so I think a simple increase in lair cap will be better. Even if it was just increased by 5 or 10 slots for every major update, it's a lot better than what we have now. [/quote] Spaces added for every update is a very good idea. I really think that would work well.
Bhunivelze wrote on 2021-02-02 09:17:58:

Definitely agree with this. Unless the staff plans on not adding any new content than increasing the available space players have just seems like the normal thing to do.

Unlimited slots seems a bit much though, so I think a simple increase in lair cap will be better. Even if it was just increased by 5 or 10 slots for every major update, it's a lot better than what we have now.
Spaces added for every update is a very good idea. I really think that would work well.
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
I support adding more spaces AT MINIMUM every time a new breed is released. Ideally even more often.
I support adding more spaces AT MINIMUM every time a new breed is released. Ideally even more often.
ZQGfAQY.png
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17