Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Scary moments in non-horror films
1 2 3 4
[center]I think there's one of these for games? I feel like I've seen it somewhere. Anyways, what's some scenes in movies/shows that's not in the horror genre, but is just scary. Bonus points if it's a kids show/movie I watched [i]The Sea Beast[/i] with my nephew today and this part in specific [img]https://i.imgur.com/ABIwnNT.gif[/img] triggered my thalassophobia Like no thank you my thalassophobia isn't even that bad (I think, I've never actually been [i]in[/i] the ocean, and when I was on a kayak in a lake I was ok) but man. Also kind of on topic/kind of not If anyone's seen the toddler show "Boobah," have you listened to the theme lately? I heard it in a "guess that kids show theme" or whatever and it triggered my fight or flight response >> (feel free to look it up, I'm not gonna search for it)
I think there's one of these for games? I feel like I've seen it somewhere.

Anyways, what's some scenes in movies/shows that's not in the horror genre, but is just scary. Bonus points if it's a kids show/movie

I watched The Sea Beast with my nephew today and this part in specific
ABIwnNT.gif
triggered my thalassophobia
Like no thank you

my thalassophobia isn't even that bad (I think, I've never actually been in the ocean, and when I was on a kayak in a lake I was ok) but man.

Also kind of on topic/kind of not
If anyone's seen the toddler show "Boobah," have you listened to the theme lately? I heard it in a "guess that kids show theme" or whatever and it triggered my fight or flight response >> (feel free to look it up, I'm not gonna search for it)
ooo IJkKw0f.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
25 LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
Okay, the whole scene with Sid's room and those toys in Toy Story 1 literally traumatised me as a kid, to the point where my parents say I refused to sleep until they removed all of the dolls in my room.

Even now, I can't stand baby dolls and I haven't watched the movie since.....well, I don't actually remember. I adore horror movies and games and pretty much all horror media, but that spider doll? Nope nope nope...
Okay, the whole scene with Sid's room and those toys in Toy Story 1 literally traumatised me as a kid, to the point where my parents say I refused to sleep until they removed all of the dolls in my room.

Even now, I can't stand baby dolls and I haven't watched the movie since.....well, I don't actually remember. I adore horror movies and games and pretty much all horror media, but that spider doll? Nope nope nope...
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
A lot of old films that were meant to be aimed at kids had pretty disturbing stuff in them that felt like they were out of a horror film.

Neverending Story, the horse scene.

Pinocchio, the donkey scene.

Return to Oz and Who Framed Roger Rabbit have a few quite visually disturbing scenes in them.

Watership Down is just straight up nightmare fuel.
A lot of old films that were meant to be aimed at kids had pretty disturbing stuff in them that felt like they were out of a horror film.

Neverending Story, the horse scene.

Pinocchio, the donkey scene.

Return to Oz and Who Framed Roger Rabbit have a few quite visually disturbing scenes in them.

Watership Down is just straight up nightmare fuel.
still a surprisingly unnerving scene: the subway scene in The Wiz. I don't know what it is, I think it's the surreal starting bit followed up by perfectly normal objects suddenly turning dangerous.

surprisingly, Artax's death in NeverEnding Story never scared me... but the Sphinxes of the Southern Oracle did. no idea why. they just did.

I have to mention Anastasia (1997) for its very unsettling scenes, though little me didn't really understand those scenes or register them as scary.

and, of course, while I didn't watch The Black Cauldron when I was little, I absolutely must give it a shoutout. same for The Last Unicorn, really. both have some really cool creepy villain moments and I absolutely adore the visuals of both movies now.
still a surprisingly unnerving scene: the subway scene in The Wiz. I don't know what it is, I think it's the surreal starting bit followed up by perfectly normal objects suddenly turning dangerous.

surprisingly, Artax's death in NeverEnding Story never scared me... but the Sphinxes of the Southern Oracle did. no idea why. they just did.

I have to mention Anastasia (1997) for its very unsettling scenes, though little me didn't really understand those scenes or register them as scary.

and, of course, while I didn't watch The Black Cauldron when I was little, I absolutely must give it a shoutout. same for The Last Unicorn, really. both have some really cool creepy villain moments and I absolutely adore the visuals of both movies now.
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
Dude that scene in beauty and the beast where she sees the rose and he scares the daylights out of her, it still scares me today as it did when I was a kid.

Also there were two scenes in TBLT that particularly stuck with me. The first one where the air conditioner gets so angry, that he sort of.. malfunctions and breaks.

The second one is when they're in that guys shop, who sells parts and stuff. He dismantles a blender for its motor to give to a customer. Sounds pretty harmless.... until you realize that the appliances are alive. Doesn't help with how its framed and given horror music.
Dude that scene in beauty and the beast where she sees the rose and he scares the daylights out of her, it still scares me today as it did when I was a kid.

Also there were two scenes in TBLT that particularly stuck with me. The first one where the air conditioner gets so angry, that he sort of.. malfunctions and breaks.

The second one is when they're in that guys shop, who sells parts and stuff. He dismantles a blender for its motor to give to a customer. Sounds pretty harmless.... until you realize that the appliances are alive. Doesn't help with how its framed and given horror music.
czvyLcs.png I can't believe it.. I'm on a forum signature!!!!
What always got was when the Baracuda just freaking attacked like a horror movie monster at the beginning of Finding Nemo.
What always got was when the Baracuda just freaking attacked like a horror movie monster at the beginning of Finding Nemo.
lSyxazy.png
FMoJ9vk.png
xKIpW2A.png
G8AyR6r.png
[quote name="LouckyKoneko" date="2022-07-11 16:07:00" ] and, of course, while I didn't watch The Black Cauldron when I was little, I absolutely must give it a shoutout. [/quote] The Black Cauldron for the most part, at least for me as a kid, was not that scary until the finale when the cauldronborn are summoned. Specifically that part when the flames from the cauldron form that melting skull, that scared me so much as a kid
LouckyKoneko wrote on 2022-07-11 16:07:00:
and, of course, while I didn't watch The Black Cauldron when I was little, I absolutely must give it a shoutout.
The Black Cauldron for the most part, at least for me as a kid, was not that scary until the finale when the cauldronborn are summoned. Specifically that part when the flames from the cauldron form that melting skull, that scared me so much as a kid
Yes, my lair is a thematic mess but I like all of the flights. And yes, I will name those dragons at some point

3B15OeM.png
HouhGS9.png4SzSxLW.pngMUYNhfy.png
YMPbu9R.png
it didn't scare me personally, but watching the giant squid chase scene in Finding Dory, I was like "this seems like just a bit too much to be in a kids movie "
it didn't scare me personally, but watching the giant squid chase scene in Finding Dory, I was like "this seems like just a bit too much to be in a kids movie "
68572896.png88337571.pnghe / him 110.png be kind pls87747951.png64198642.png
the movie parasite isn't a horror but it should almost be classified as one just because of that single shot of the maid's husband coming up the basement stairs. it terrifies me every single time i see it. if you know you know.
the movie parasite isn't a horror but it should almost be classified as one just because of that single shot of the maid's husband coming up the basement stairs. it terrifies me every single time i see it. if you know you know.
kaylee
she/her
fr +2
This one is a little foggy since its been ages, but the scene in the Iron Giant where the robot is attempting to eat the electrical towers/panels or whatever they're called, and gets electrocuted in the process. Terrified me as a kid. Thinking back on it, that movie is probably to blame for a lot of the heebie-jeebies I get from robots now LOL.
This one is a little foggy since its been ages, but the scene in the Iron Giant where the robot is attempting to eat the electrical towers/panels or whatever they're called, and gets electrocuted in the process. Terrified me as a kid. Thinking back on it, that movie is probably to blame for a lot of the heebie-jeebies I get from robots now LOL.
red lizard from rain world

» Formerly Ceruleanfire, Springfire
» She/Her
» +2 FR Time || Pings welcome!
1 2 3 4