Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Scary moments in non-horror films
1 2 3 4
I had nightmares based on different parts of Little Nemo - Nemo's train nightmare and the Nightmare King's attack on the castle, fittingly. :P Started a phobia of dark-colored/black slime and ooze that lasted many years.

I had nightmares based on different parts of Little Nemo - Nemo's train nightmare and the Nightmare King's attack on the castle, fittingly. :P Started a phobia of dark-colored/black slime and ooze that lasted many years.

FObX7rS.png
BzjAkuF.png
5hF3FGk.png
yUgY90m.png
Hey, I'm Charlie!
she/they
nonbinary & queer
Alright- this is a really weird one but, in the monsters inc movie, in the very beginning with the title screen and the funky jazz music, and the very end the doors disappear off to the side of the screen and that weird piano theme plays and the camera zooms into an open dark door??? scared me for a LONG LONG TIME (heres an exact time stamp of what i mean lmao)

Reading thru these and the eel scene from the first finding nemo and wall-e DEFINETLY also really scary

Alright, this is """technically""" a """""horror""""" movie, if u can even call it that, thriller is still too generous, but the original Poltergeist movie had some cheesy scary parts in it that I wont mention right now, but one scene, where someone was talking, really freaked me out and stuck with me all these years.
Some guy was talking about how "...it was a childs toy, a very small matchbox vehicle, just rolled 7 ft across the linoleum surface. The duration of the event was 7 hours."
The idea of something moving by itself, so slowly it takes 7 HOURS and u dont even notice it??? terrifying. What if something I had was moving so slowly by something that it took 7 hours??? and I wouldnt even kno??? I feel like that part was rlly downplayed but its so scary to think about.
Alright- this is a really weird one but, in the monsters inc movie, in the very beginning with the title screen and the funky jazz music, and the very end the doors disappear off to the side of the screen and that weird piano theme plays and the camera zooms into an open dark door??? scared me for a LONG LONG TIME (heres an exact time stamp of what i mean lmao)

Reading thru these and the eel scene from the first finding nemo and wall-e DEFINETLY also really scary

Alright, this is """technically""" a """""horror""""" movie, if u can even call it that, thriller is still too generous, but the original Poltergeist movie had some cheesy scary parts in it that I wont mention right now, but one scene, where someone was talking, really freaked me out and stuck with me all these years.
Some guy was talking about how "...it was a childs toy, a very small matchbox vehicle, just rolled 7 ft across the linoleum surface. The duration of the event was 7 hours."
The idea of something moving by itself, so slowly it takes 7 HOURS and u dont even notice it??? terrifying. What if something I had was moving so slowly by something that it took 7 hours??? and I wouldnt even kno??? I feel like that part was rlly downplayed but its so scary to think about.
H0t7Ypl.png
ePOliyb.png
1YB0OjO.png
5hF3FGk.png
Any scene in which a character is underwater for a while. Even if its a kids/family movie and I know they'll be fine I can't focus on the scene because it drives me nuts. Swimming was a big part of my life growing up and all, and I know my limits holding my breath, and usually its way surpassed in movies. [emoji=spiral sad size=1]
Any scene in which a character is underwater for a while.

Even if its a kids/family movie and I know they'll be fine I can't focus on the scene because it drives me nuts.

Swimming was a big part of my life growing up and all, and I know my limits holding my breath, and usually its way surpassed in movies.
Oh gosh, so glad I’m not the only person who was terrified by The Brave Little Toaster. The air conditioner scene is downright horrific. And the junkyard scene near the end is super creepy with that floating magnetic thingy.

If you love animals and/or computers I cannot emphasize how stressful watching The Brave Little Toaster To The Rescue is. Deceptively innocent-sounding, but it’s just as scary if not worse than the first film.

I had no idea what a “college thesis” was when I was a kid, only that “The Master’s” life would be completely ruined if he couldn’t figure out a way to restore the file onto his computer…

Oh gosh, so glad I’m not the only person who was terrified by The Brave Little Toaster. The air conditioner scene is downright horrific. And the junkyard scene near the end is super creepy with that floating magnetic thingy.

If you love animals and/or computers I cannot emphasize how stressful watching The Brave Little Toaster To The Rescue is. Deceptively innocent-sounding, but it’s just as scary if not worse than the first film.

I had no idea what a “college thesis” was when I was a kid, only that “The Master’s” life would be completely ruined if he couldn’t figure out a way to restore the file onto his computer…

6nI5sr3.png Arcane-Network.png
For a brief period, I was absolutely petrified of the sharks in Finding Nemo.

I got over it in a few minutes, but I swear that I saw the pearly gates in those moments..
For a brief period, I was absolutely petrified of the sharks in Finding Nemo.

I got over it in a few minutes, but I swear that I saw the pearly gates in those moments..
There was some live action movie...maybe speed racer? It had a scene with piranhas where is was heavily implied they ate a guys finger while he was still attached to it(gore) and my very young (at the time) self became terrified of them. And by proxy, terrified of any body of water.

I've grown out of it now, but I still remember my parent making "anti-piranha" spray to help me feel safe.
There was some live action movie...maybe speed racer? It had a scene with piranhas where is was heavily implied they ate a guys finger while he was still attached to it(gore) and my very young (at the time) self became terrified of them. And by proxy, terrified of any body of water.

I've grown out of it now, but I still remember my parent making "anti-piranha" spray to help me feel safe.
5hF3FGk.png
Ask me about one of my dragons lore!
Warning: High chance of forcing me to actually write the lore
1 2 3 4