Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coliseum Bounty Trading Post NPC
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 50 51
support!! coli doesn't really yield any rewards that are worth it in the lower venues, apart from the occasional apparel or the egg you find once in a blue moon, and clicking the same buttons over and over gets boring fast. i only really touch it during festivals, and even then i've found that if i'm not particularly interested in a fest's items or the currency rarely drops in the available venues, i still barely touch it. i think bounties would provide a lot more incentive to use it!
support!! coli doesn't really yield any rewards that are worth it in the lower venues, apart from the occasional apparel or the egg you find once in a blue moon, and clicking the same buttons over and over gets boring fast. i only really touch it during festivals, and even then i've found that if i'm not particularly interested in a fest's items or the currency rarely drops in the available venues, i still barely touch it. i think bounties would provide a lot more incentive to use it!
17499.png UMBRELLA / BROLLY
THEY/HE/SHE
FR +17
MIRROR ENTHUSIAST
I
-
-
-
I
click here for a dapper little lad
This sounds super fun and awesome! I've loved doing a lot of Coli work in the past, though I've gotten kinda tired of grinding and exalting lately. Something like a bounty board would be a fun way to draw people back to the coli!
This sounds super fun and awesome! I've loved doing a lot of Coli work in the past, though I've gotten kinda tired of grinding and exalting lately. Something like a bounty board would be a fun way to draw people back to the coli!
[quote name="umbrellafella" date="2022-05-29 01:24:42" ] support!! coli doesn't really yield any rewards that are worth it in the lower venues, apart from the occasional apparel or the egg you find once in a blue moon, and clicking the same buttons over and over gets boring fast. i only really touch it during festivals, and even then i've found that if i'm not particularly interested in a fest's items or the currency rarely drops in the available venues, i still barely touch it. i think bounties would provide a lot more incentive to use it! [/quote] yeah, hopefully this gives people more of a (permanent) reason to hang out in less-used venues! that's one of my main hopes for this suggestion, since incentives to use most venues (like new items dropping there/requiring drops from there) are rare and only last a short while
umbrellafella wrote on 2022-05-29 01:24:42:
yeah, hopefully this gives people more of a (permanent) reason to hang out in less-used venues! that's one of my main hopes for this suggestion, since incentives to use most venues (like new items dropping there/requiring drops from there) are rare and only last a short while
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
I'm into this!!!

This is a really long thread already so I haven't read all of it and hope this hasn't been discussed already, but here are some things to consider:
  • Any items thrown into the bounty system will ultimately lose their rarity if they had one. I can see the system being used a lot and this does not have to be bad, but it should be taken into consideration when choosing what items to make bounties. I can see gilded decorative chests, for instance. They are by themselves not rare, not expensive, but they are worth it and a huge motivator!
  • Maybe among the bounties can be boss drops! Very rarely of course you are able to receive a coli boss from the venue you worked on even if you avoided defeating any. Not sure but they might already be in gilded chests.

The tricky thing is the item worth. This is only a system durable for wide spread use if the reward stays rewarding, so it has to have some random component keeping up the rarity.
I'm into this!!!

This is a really long thread already so I haven't read all of it and hope this hasn't been discussed already, but here are some things to consider:
  • Any items thrown into the bounty system will ultimately lose their rarity if they had one. I can see the system being used a lot and this does not have to be bad, but it should be taken into consideration when choosing what items to make bounties. I can see gilded decorative chests, for instance. They are by themselves not rare, not expensive, but they are worth it and a huge motivator!
  • Maybe among the bounties can be boss drops! Very rarely of course you are able to receive a coli boss from the venue you worked on even if you avoided defeating any. Not sure but they might already be in gilded chests.

The tricky thing is the item worth. This is only a system durable for wide spread use if the reward stays rewarding, so it has to have some random component keeping up the rarity.
Bumping this!
Bumping this!
Sketch Shop!
Art Blog, Flight Rising Blog

(He/him) FR time + 0
sG7fu4Y.gif

sG7fu4Y.gif
support! this would make coli much exciting.
support! this would make coli much exciting.
6655fe4067bf8ca45637cdd30867f01d0c1e2466.png
[quote name="@Nyardyn" date="2022-06-05 22:29:59" ] Any items thrown into the bounty system will ultimately lose their rarity if they had one. I can see the system being used a lot and this does not have to be bad, but it should be taken into consideration when choosing what items to make bounties. I can see gilded decorative chests, for instance. They are by themselves not rare, not expensive, but they are worth it and a huge motivator! [/quote] this has already been extensively discussed in the OP, so i recommend reading it again - basically, the loot pool will be very large since most of the drops you'll get from the seeker's spoils (the chest items you are rewarded upon completing a bounty, differing in tier and quantity according to the difficulty of your bounty) will just be random coliseum drops, intended mainly to make up for the gap in profit between doing bounties and other methods of coli grinding (fodder training & grinding for specific profitable items, such as very new familiars/apparel or materials for baldwin/swipp) - that in itself has, like coli itself, the possibility of giving you a rare expensive drop like unhatched eggs etc. the bulk of your bounty loot, therefore, will essentially consist of extra rolls on the coliseum loot tables (but including more than just the venue you were grinding in!) in addition to that, there could be a bunch of new, bounty-exclusive items - also mentioned in the op - that further provide a nice little extra to people using this system instead of others. they don't necessarily have to lose their value, as you said! there's plenty of items exclusive to iron and gilded chests that still are valuable, and in reality it's mostly down to 1. how desirable the items are (plenty of people will want new apparel, new scenes, new familiars) 2. how rare they are. exclusive items are in no way intended to be a common drop or to tank in value; instead they're meant to be a nice little bonus you get every once in a while if you're lucky.
@Nyardyn wrote on 2022-06-05 22:29:59:
Any items thrown into the bounty system will ultimately lose their rarity if they had one. I can see the system being used a lot and this does not have to be bad, but it should be taken into consideration when choosing what items to make bounties. I can see gilded decorative chests, for instance. They are by themselves not rare, not expensive, but they are worth it and a huge motivator!

this has already been extensively discussed in the OP, so i recommend reading it again - basically, the loot pool will be very large since most of the drops you'll get from the seeker's spoils (the chest items you are rewarded upon completing a bounty, differing in tier and quantity according to the difficulty of your bounty) will just be random coliseum drops, intended mainly to make up for the gap in profit between doing bounties and other methods of coli grinding (fodder training & grinding for specific profitable items, such as very new familiars/apparel or materials for baldwin/swipp) - that in itself has, like coli itself, the possibility of giving you a rare expensive drop like unhatched eggs etc. the bulk of your bounty loot, therefore, will essentially consist of extra rolls on the coliseum loot tables (but including more than just the venue you were grinding in!)

in addition to that, there could be a bunch of new, bounty-exclusive items - also mentioned in the op - that further provide a nice little extra to people using this system instead of others. they don't necessarily have to lose their value, as you said! there's plenty of items exclusive to iron and gilded chests that still are valuable, and in reality it's mostly down to 1. how desirable the items are (plenty of people will want new apparel, new scenes, new familiars) 2. how rare they are. exclusive items are in no way intended to be a common drop or to tank in value; instead they're meant to be a nice little bonus you get every once in a while if you're lucky.
hi! i'm meteor.

» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
this is such a cool idea! i love the coliseum, and i think something like this would be awesome!!!
this is such a cool idea! i love the coliseum, and i think something like this would be awesome!!!
GLMwkdE.pngmlHpBMC.png27AZD8S.png
"I used to be able to do these bounties myself... then I took an arrow in the knee."

I think it would be cool if, in the art, there was a reference to Luminax, because they're a giant monstrosity that is Very Dangerous. Of course a player can't fight them, it's just a bit of lore.

Another idea for the loot pool is a bounty board scene!!

Support! a lot of it!
"I used to be able to do these bounties myself... then I took an arrow in the knee."

I think it would be cool if, in the art, there was a reference to Luminax, because they're a giant monstrosity that is Very Dangerous. Of course a player can't fight them, it's just a bit of lore.

Support! a lot of it!
*hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock**hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock**hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock**hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock**hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock**hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock**hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a rock* *hands you a
almost been a year, huh? apologies for the delay in my planned rewrite of the op; i was hoping to rewrite parts of it to make the suggestion a bit more clear but it's been difficult even figuring out where to start. nevertheless, i'll keep hoping we'll get this someday! [quote name="Everburn" date="2022-06-17 08:56:50" ] "I used to be able to do these bounties myself... then I took an arrow in the knee." I think it would be cool if, in the art, there was a reference to Luminax, because they're a giant monstrosity that is Very Dangerous. Of course a player can't fight them, it's just a bit of lore. Another idea for the loot pool is a bounty board scene!! Support! a lot of it! [/quote] having a luminax bounty on there would be pretty funny! especially if the reward was something ridiculous. or if it just said "NO." a bounty board scene... oh man, imagine a scene that turns your dragon into a picture on a wanted poster?? that'd be hilarious. there's [i]so [/i]much potential for rewards! it's something i really like about this idea (if i do say so myself!)
almost been a year, huh? apologies for the delay in my planned rewrite of the op; i was hoping to rewrite parts of it to make the suggestion a bit more clear but it's been difficult even figuring out where to start. nevertheless, i'll keep hoping we'll get this someday!
Everburn wrote on 2022-06-17 08:56:50:

Support! a lot of it!
having a luminax bounty on there would be pretty funny! especially if the reward was something ridiculous. or if it just said "NO."

a bounty board scene... oh man, imagine a scene that turns your dragon into a picture on a wanted poster?? that'd be hilarious. there's so much potential for rewards! it's something i really like about this idea (if i do say so myself!)
hi! i'm meteor.

» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 50 51