Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Things on FR you used to misread
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Pinkerton is PLINKerton to me :O
Pinkerton is PLINKerton to me :O
BuDq0ZK.gif
not misread but I mixed up gaoler and obelisk all the time because phonetically obelisks look like they should be called gaolers....they just have a very gaoler face. look up the bouba and kiki study to understand wht I mean...
not misread but I mixed up gaoler and obelisk all the time because phonetically obelisks look like they should be called gaolers....they just have a very gaoler face. look up the bouba and kiki study to understand wht I mean...
42779-183994797.jpg
1234567890puppyyyyy
[quote name="XernaPirate" date="2022-04-29 20:00:25" ] Throwing mine in because apparently no other post about Gaolers have the same answer KBHJFDSBGNFKJ I have, still do, and likely will always pronounce it "Gow-lers". It was my first instinct upon first reading the word and I absolutely refuse to retrain my brain into saying it like "jailers". It just feels evil, even though I know it's technically correct. [/quote] yep this is how I say it
XernaPirate wrote on 2022-04-29 20:00:25:
Throwing mine in because apparently no other post about Gaolers have the same answer KBHJFDSBGNFKJ

I have, still do, and likely will always pronounce it "Gow-lers". It was my first instinct upon first reading the word and I absolutely refuse to retrain my brain into saying it like "jailers". It just feels evil, even though I know it's technically correct.
yep this is how I say it
42779-183994797.jpg
1234567890puppyyyyy
I used to, and still pronounce "Gaolers" as Gay-ol-er instead of jailer.
I used to, and still pronounce "Gaolers" as Gay-ol-er instead of jailer.
ACOZFAh.pngRI1dQsH.png
MUYNhfy.pngYg7nmfS.png
LCqISMP.pngQUIpVFE.png
v2PJF9u.png
i was definitely one of the many people who didnt realize its gembond and not gembound for a very long time.

for a very, VERY short time when i fist started playing, i thought it was exile instead of exhalt. i dont know why or how but in my defense i realized my mistake very early on lol

still have not accepted that the bilworper familiars are bilworpers and not bilwopers. i dont even have a reason they just look like bilwopers to me

this is less of a misreading and more of my brain making connections where there are none but whenever i try to refer to joxar's spare inventory crates or even just anything to do with festive favors at all my brain autocorrects it to.
Joxar's Boxars.
i have literally no idea where that came from. maybe its the fact that the crossroads npcs all have alliteration for their stands and my brain goes ok if we can't have alliteration it Must Rhyme. but no matter how many times im reminded that it does it fact have an actual official name every SINGLE time a festival happens instead of being normal and saying "oh ill go check out festive favors" or "im going to buy a spare inventory crate" i go "yo nice time for some joxar's boxars." i live in torment and it is of my own creation
i was definitely one of the many people who didnt realize its gembond and not gembound for a very long time.

for a very, VERY short time when i fist started playing, i thought it was exile instead of exhalt. i dont know why or how but in my defense i realized my mistake very early on lol

still have not accepted that the bilworper familiars are bilworpers and not bilwopers. i dont even have a reason they just look like bilwopers to me

this is less of a misreading and more of my brain making connections where there are none but whenever i try to refer to joxar's spare inventory crates or even just anything to do with festive favors at all my brain autocorrects it to.
Joxar's Boxars.
i have literally no idea where that came from. maybe its the fact that the crossroads npcs all have alliteration for their stands and my brain goes ok if we can't have alliteration it Must Rhyme. but no matter how many times im reminded that it does it fact have an actual official name every SINGLE time a festival happens instead of being normal and saying "oh ill go check out festive favors" or "im going to buy a spare inventory crate" i go "yo nice time for some joxar's boxars." i live in torment and it is of my own creation
I used to be deathly afraid of the Hokey Pokey, Elevators, and Hurdles. I've finally decided to turn myself around- I took steps to avoid my fear until I got over it.
@froginthebag yo.,., you mean to tell me it's NOT pronounced Gow-ler for Gaolers?????? It's more like 'Jailers'?????? I'm in absolute SHOCK right now, I may need to re-evaluate my life and how I pronounce things...

I will still probably call them 'Gow-ler' in my head though, this is a habit man.... I feel dumb.
@froginthebag yo.,., you mean to tell me it's NOT pronounced Gow-ler for Gaolers?????? It's more like 'Jailers'?????? I'm in absolute SHOCK right now, I may need to re-evaluate my life and how I pronounce things...

I will still probably call them 'Gow-ler' in my head though, this is a habit man.... I feel dumb.
UWU whats this button do?

*Click*
@cantour I CANT BLAME YOU- i found out via a fr guide, i swear to god english pronounciation is hard and i will never not call them gow-ler
@cantour I CANT BLAME YOU- i found out via a fr guide, i swear to god english pronounciation is hard and i will never not call them gow-ler
Oo1lWlZ.png

Always looking for a sanddollar/coral/gold range tert G1.. hit me up if you have one! I collect them
[quote name="BapeTheFish" date="2022-04-28 16:52:06" ] [item=fuiran] Furian, rhymes with durian and hopefully doesn't smell the same. [/quote] Well I just learned something new and kinda embarrassing
BapeTheFish wrote on 2022-04-28 16:52:06:
Fuiran
Furian, rhymes with durian and hopefully doesn't smell the same.
Well I just learned something new and kinda embarrassing
iO2X60T.png
[quote name="alucardpuppy" date="2022-04-30 15:29:11" ] not misread but I mixed up gaoler and obelisk all the time because phonetically obelisks look like they should be called gaolers....they just have a very gaoler face. look up the bouba and kiki study to understand wht I mean... [/quote] I mix up veilspuns and aberrations constantly ^^'
alucardpuppy wrote on 2022-04-30 15:29:11:

I mix up veilspuns and aberrations constantly ^^'

1bmIQLP.png
CUqoYIR.png
hvZ3oWr.png
OdNEyUV.png
UedbVG7.png
Fuiran as Furian or Furyan.
Fuiran as Furian or Furyan.
1623183848670.png Clan Tainted shadows
——————————
Lore clan
+9H FR
"Don't forget to smile from time to time."
1617910529009-1.png Always interested in RPing!
Bio codes! (Free)
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12