Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Things on FR you used to misread
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
[quote name="StarshipsFleeing" date="2022-04-28 16:13:05" ] bestiary nope staff, it's actually the beastiary, I should know *nods in knowing* [/quote] This^. And I still insist "beastiary" is correct. Also for some reason I though Wildclaws where Windclaws for the longest time (8 months).
StarshipsFleeing wrote on 2022-04-28 16:13:05:
bestiary

nope staff, it's actually the beastiary, I should know *nods in knowing*

This^. And I still insist "beastiary" is correct.

Also for some reason I though Wildclaws where Windclaws for the longest time (8 months).
Dragon Leveling 1-25
PWYW Gen 1's
Wrong spelling: bestiary as beastiary, fuiran as furian

Wrong pronunciation: kamaitachi as kah-mee-tuh-chee, gaoler as gow-ler (deliberately)
Wrong spelling: bestiary as beastiary, fuiran as furian

Wrong pronunciation: kamaitachi as kah-mee-tuh-chee, gaoler as gow-ler (deliberately)
latest?cb=20140703135024.png
⊗ Max
⊗ 23
⊗xe/they
⊗ fr +2

sNd5wqe.png hphjQR4.png
89NiKF4.png COSMOSIS_tiny_sepia_logo.png EDjLhcC.png egg_fire_bouncy_by_dogi_crimson-dabjwuf.gifuD7taRL.png
kCHWEjf.png6dnHKBv.png
[quote name="VariantLoki" date="2022-05-05 09:48:00" ] [quote name="Dvelyn" date="2022-05-03 09:49:20" ] It took me longer than I’d like to admit to realize that it’s pronounced ‘coatl’ and not ‘coal-ti.” I honestly don’t know why I thought it was ‘coalti’ [/quote] @\Dvelyn Wait you're telling me Coatl is NOT pronounced Coat-L??? Like Quetzalcoatl the Feathered Serpent deity or quetzalcoatlus the dinosaur? Edit: Wait, I misunderstood your post. Woops. Feel free to ignore me [/quote] Boy have I got some news for you lol. Coatl is [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/77#post_12654994]officially[/url] pronounced CO-ah-TUHL (but I'm still firmly team COAT-uhl, I refuse to use 3 syllables)
VariantLoki wrote on 2022-05-05 09:48:00:
Dvelyn wrote on 2022-05-03 09:49:20:
It took me longer than I’d like to admit to realize that it’s pronounced ‘coatl’ and not ‘coal-ti.” I honestly don’t know why I thought it was ‘coalti’
@\Dvelyn
Wait you're telling me Coatl is NOT pronounced Coat-L??? Like Quetzalcoatl the Feathered Serpent deity or quetzalcoatlus the dinosaur?

Edit: Wait, I misunderstood your post. Woops. Feel free to ignore me

Boy have I got some news for you lol. Coatl is officially pronounced CO-ah-TUHL (but I'm still firmly team COAT-uhl, I refuse to use 3 syllables)
[quote name="beautifulglitter" date="2022-05-05 12:35:25" ] [quote name="VariantLoki" date="2022-05-05 09:48:00" ] [quote name="Dvelyn" date="2022-05-03 09:49:20" ] It took me longer than I’d like to admit to realize that it’s pronounced ‘coatl’ and not ‘coal-ti.” I honestly don’t know why I thought it was ‘coalti’ [/quote] @\Dvelyn Wait you're telling me Coatl is NOT pronounced Coat-L??? Like Quetzalcoatl the Feathered Serpent deity or quetzalcoatlus the dinosaur? Edit: Wait, I misunderstood your post. Woops. Feel free to ignore me [/quote] Boy have I got some news for you lol. Coatl is [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/77#post_12654994]officially[/url] pronounced CO-ah-TUHL (but I'm still firmly team COAT-uhl, I refuse to use 3 syllables) [/quote] @beautifulglitter [emoji=imperial confused size=2] It’s supposed to be 3 syllables?! I’m definitely with you on team COAT-Uhl. It being 3 syllables refuses to register in my brain
beautifulglitter wrote on 2022-05-05 12:35:25:
VariantLoki wrote on 2022-05-05 09:48:00:
Dvelyn wrote on 2022-05-03 09:49:20:
It took me longer than I’d like to admit to realize that it’s pronounced ‘coatl’ and not ‘coal-ti.” I honestly don’t know why I thought it was ‘coalti’
@\Dvelyn
Wait you're telling me Coatl is NOT pronounced Coat-L??? Like Quetzalcoatl the Feathered Serpent deity or quetzalcoatlus the dinosaur?

Edit: Wait, I misunderstood your post. Woops. Feel free to ignore me

Boy have I got some news for you lol. Coatl is officially pronounced CO-ah-TUHL (but I'm still firmly team COAT-uhl, I refuse to use 3 syllables)

@beautifulglitter

It’s supposed to be 3 syllables?!
I’m definitely with you on team COAT-Uhl. It being 3 syllables refuses to register in my brain
nonbinary-nonbinary-bands1-heckin-nb.png nBUwvfz.png
tyEuRXe.png
Tl1dGxE.png
Lyn or Ren
I made a whole thread about how I had been reading gembond as gembound for a solid couple of years. I also pronounce Gaoler is gow-ler because my mind cannot rationalize that it's supposed to be pronounced "jailer."
I made a whole thread about how I had been reading gembond as gembound for a solid couple of years. I also pronounce Gaoler is gow-ler because my mind cannot rationalize that it's supposed to be pronounced "jailer."
23845.pngx..x28176.pngx.x23846.png
i just remembered i did this, and still do before catching myself - i misread this as ice-trolable and for the longest time i was like "wtaf is a trolable" [item=glitterfreeze ice-trolabe]
i just remembered i did this, and still do before catching myself - i misread this as ice-trolable and for the longest time i was like "wtaf is a trolable"

Glitterfreeze Ice-trolabe
queen_katoe.gif
I thought Banescales were Banscales and the Bestiary was the Beastiary.
I thought Banescales were Banscales and the Bestiary was the Beastiary.
fhL4EEQ.png
jgeciGJ.png
G976jQG.png
bIcdn3S.png
l3R7Ulc.png
For a while I've misread Mistral Jamboree as "Minstral" Jamboree. And Nochnyr as "noc-chin-er."
For a while I've misread Mistral Jamboree as "Minstral" Jamboree. And Nochnyr as "noc-chin-er."
Does that Pokemon fandragon exist yet? Check out this thread, where you can find Pokemon fandragons in one place :)
Aberration, read it as Abertion for about a week
How idk...
Aberration, read it as Abertion for about a week
How idk...
theultimatecatsig.gif |
|
|
|
|
|
Wine is just overpriced grape juice
They/Him | FRT +17 | Artist
4sqjku3.png
»Wishlist
»Pinkerlocke
»Skin Shop
I am still to this day calling the color "Oilslick" as "Obelisk", and it's the primary color on one of my breeding pairs. (T^T")

Oh and I am constantly pronouncing Gaoler as "Goe-ler" like it's a golem or something instead of "jailor".
I am still to this day calling the color "Oilslick" as "Obelisk", and it's the primary color on one of my breeding pairs. (T^T")

Oh and I am constantly pronouncing Gaoler as "Goe-ler" like it's a golem or something instead of "jailor".
f3ddYmI.pngcib7xC4.png43VGxJT.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12