Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Please revert only Obelisk dragon manes
1 2 3 4 5 6
Yeah, changing them all seems super unnecessary. Different breeds present genes a little differently! That's a feature, not a bug. Changing things randomly just upsets everyone.
Yeah, changing them all seems super unnecessary. Different breeds present genes a little differently! That's a feature, not a bug. Changing things randomly just upsets everyone.
I'd rather have my obe look the way she did and my coatl to look the way he does than for one to look like the other.
I'd rather have my obe look the way she did and my coatl to look the way he does than for one to look like the other.
I can understand Staff's reasoning in regards to consistency. I've been playing on and off now for a few years, and I've seen Staff get dunked on for inconsistency and errors, real or imaginary. So it's quite possible that Staff has felt like they're stuck between a rock and a hard place with this.

Even so, I would rather have just Obes with manes reverted, because even if it is inconsistent with the other dragons, I think it adds an interesting and unique aspect to Obelisks in a good and fun way that doesn't detract from other dragons.
I can understand Staff's reasoning in regards to consistency. I've been playing on and off now for a few years, and I've seen Staff get dunked on for inconsistency and errors, real or imaginary. So it's quite possible that Staff has felt like they're stuck between a rock and a hard place with this.

Even so, I would rather have just Obes with manes reverted, because even if it is inconsistent with the other dragons, I think it adds an interesting and unique aspect to Obelisks in a good and fun way that doesn't detract from other dragons.
qU7zJ8H.gif OOL8tGM.gif qU7zJ8H.gif
this is so "pick your poison" it's infuriating.
this is so "pick your poison" it's infuriating.
1562ca122aceba74f63dd23c98a100c9ca09d249.gif
I believe this would be a better and less stressful situation if the staff just left obs as the way they were before and leave it at that. There's a simple fix instead of changing everything, but if it all must be "consistent" then I guess I'll deal with all dragons matching the former obs. Anyway, I'd support this.
I believe this would be a better and less stressful situation if the staff just left obs as the way they were before and leave it at that. There's a simple fix instead of changing everything, but if it all must be "consistent" then I guess I'll deal with all dragons matching the former obs. Anyway, I'd support this.
[quote name="NoirVogelchen" date="2021-12-28 14:24:55" ] I really want to see mockups of the changes for other breeds. This really shouldn't be a blanket change for all. [/quote] I agree, I think they should show us what other breeds would look like with the old Obelisk style of Flaunt/Flair because that way it's accurate. I would rather make a decision knowing the result on all the breeds. The Obelisk Flaunt/Flare change didn't affect me very much, because I only had one Obe with it and she looks fine either way, but since this change affected a lot of players I think we all should have a fair say.
NoirVogelchen wrote on 2021-12-28 14:24:55:
I really want to see mockups of the changes for other breeds. This really shouldn't be a blanket change for all.

I agree, I think they should show us what other breeds would look like with the old Obelisk style of Flaunt/Flair because that way it's accurate. I would rather make a decision knowing the result on all the breeds.

The Obelisk Flaunt/Flare change didn't affect me very much, because I only had one Obe with it and she looks fine either way, but since this change affected a lot of players I think we all should have a fair say.
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
It's a very very weird situation. I don't understand why the two options have to be "pearl/imp style only" or "obe style only". There are so many people fighting against the need for consistency already, especially pulling examples from the butterfly situation so long ago. It really doesn't matter.

At this point its just a point of seeing what matters more overall to players: giving up the colors as they were for the breed that's 40% mane, or changing all colors for the several other, smaller-maned breeds. I personally vote in favor of the obelisk coloration, and I don't know if this will affect the other breeds nearly as drastically as obes changed, but it doesn't feel like that should be a choice I have to make in the first place. Why can't they stay different ??
It's a very very weird situation. I don't understand why the two options have to be "pearl/imp style only" or "obe style only". There are so many people fighting against the need for consistency already, especially pulling examples from the butterfly situation so long ago. It really doesn't matter.

At this point its just a point of seeing what matters more overall to players: giving up the colors as they were for the breed that's 40% mane, or changing all colors for the several other, smaller-maned breeds. I personally vote in favor of the obelisk coloration, and I don't know if this will affect the other breeds nearly as drastically as obes changed, but it doesn't feel like that should be a choice I have to make in the first place. Why can't they stay different ??
8098.pngqoL2Zmd.png 43.png
44.png
40.png
31.png
21378.png
considering i said earlier that i would rather just have all breeds manes be like the Obelisk old one with sparkles i guess i got my option put in? honestly i didn't expect that.
considering i said earlier that i would rather just have all breeds manes be like the Obelisk old one with sparkles i guess i got my option put in? honestly i didn't expect that.
is very likely to take your posts literally - has difficulty discerning if tone is joking
[quote name="Madrigalism" date="2021-12-28 14:32:14" ] The fix is right there, you know? It's just switching the old art back on Obelisks. There's no need to change every other breed too, next to no one was asking for Obelisks to be standardized when the greatest appeal of the Flair gene on them was that it actually looked different. If the artists don't want to put in the work to change every other breed too (to which I don't blame them at all), just don't! Really, everything was fine before Obelisks were changed out of the blue today. [/quote] very much seconded. also, tons of genes have variations on different breeds—that's just a reality, and it makes genes unique and interesting. should these be "standardized" and changed? 100% no. lionfish and iridescent, as examples: [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=51&bodygene=25&breed=6&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=74&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=52&auth=716c6f9ea4a7a654b3624d0c086eb8e8374f2fd2&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [b]vs. [/b] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=51&bodygene=25&breed=13&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=74&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=52&auth=3e59b65696e44eea6ce288d85908790d430bc61f&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=51&bodygene=1&breed=6&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=74&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=52&auth=ad79dc8f03a35e76fdb9a640e42af86fff8f491e&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [b]vs. [/b] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=51&bodygene=1&breed=13&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=74&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=52&auth=799da76912fb2a00d2741275ccad9be4d0590b70&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Madrigalism wrote on 2021-12-28 14:32:14:
The fix is right there, you know? It's just switching the old art back on Obelisks. There's no need to change every other breed too, next to no one was asking for Obelisks to be standardized when the greatest appeal of the Flair gene on them was that it actually looked different.

If the artists don't want to put in the work to change every other breed too (to which I don't blame them at all), just don't! Really, everything was fine before Obelisks were changed out of the blue today.

very much seconded.

also, tons of genes have variations on different breeds—that's just a reality, and it makes genes unique and interesting. should these be "standardized" and changed? 100% no. lionfish and iridescent, as examples:
dragon?age=1&body=51&bodygene=25&breed=6&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=74&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=52&auth=716c6f9ea4a7a654b3624d0c086eb8e8374f2fd2&dummyext=prev.png
vs.
dragon?age=1&body=51&bodygene=25&breed=13&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=74&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=52&auth=3e59b65696e44eea6ce288d85908790d430bc61f&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=51&bodygene=1&breed=6&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=74&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=52&auth=ad79dc8f03a35e76fdb9a640e42af86fff8f491e&dummyext=prev.png
vs.
dragon?age=1&body=51&bodygene=1&breed=13&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=74&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=52&auth=799da76912fb2a00d2741275ccad9be4d0590b70&dummyext=prev.png
Gy5sOWI.png
[quote name="hemotypewriter" date="2021-12-28 14:33:54" ] Yeah, changing them all seems super unnecessary. Different breeds present genes a little differently! That's a feature, not a bug. Changing things randomly just upsets everyone. [/quote] ^^ can’t think of words at the moment but this is pretty much my feelings on the matter
hemotypewriter wrote on 2021-12-28 14:33:54:
^^ can’t think of words at the moment but this is pretty much my feelings on the matter
Stardust Sap Lamp - G1 Jade/Fog XYX for sale
1 2 3 4 5 6