Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Please revert only Obelisk dragon manes
1 2 3 4 5 6
Hello!

I understand the need for consistency, but I don't think changing all of the dragons to have Obelisk-style manes is a good or fair answer. I think there should have been an option in the poll to keep ONLY Obelisk manes as they were.

Thank you for hearing me out, and please comment if you like!
Hello!

I understand the need for consistency, but I don't think changing all of the dragons to have Obelisk-style manes is a good or fair answer. I think there should have been an option in the poll to keep ONLY Obelisk manes as they were.

Thank you for hearing me out, and please comment if you like!
qU7zJ8H.gif OOL8tGM.gif qU7zJ8H.gif
Reposting from another thread:

I'm happy we have a poll, and will be content with whatever wins (cause that means the community had a say)
But my two cents is, Obelisk is like 40% mane, all those other breeds (except maybe tundra who's about 30%) are like 5% mane, I feel like applying the same rule across all dragons when their designs are so different is a bit ehh.

So I agree with the OP, but I'll be happier to have original obelisks back.
Reposting from another thread:

I'm happy we have a poll, and will be content with whatever wins (cause that means the community had a say)
But my two cents is, Obelisk is like 40% mane, all those other breeds (except maybe tundra who's about 30%) are like 5% mane, I feel like applying the same rule across all dragons when their designs are so different is a bit ehh.

So I agree with the OP, but I'll be happier to have original obelisks back.
natureshieldl.pngPlease PM if I missed your ping.natureshieldr.png
I really want to see mockups of the changes for other breeds. This really shouldn't be a blanket change for all.
I really want to see mockups of the changes for other breeds. This really shouldn't be a blanket change for all.
FObX7rS.png WQA384m.png
hh5n4WA.png WvEXipG.pngA6Pqy3l.png
I spent a ton of money to make my obelisk and was absolutely devastated when I signed in and saw her today. I don't care what decision is made for the rest of the dragons, but I want Mina back the way she was.

I spent a ton of money to make my obelisk and was absolutely devastated when I signed in and saw her today. I don't care what decision is made for the rest of the dragons, but I want Mina back the way she was.

Even though I would prefer only Obe manes being reverted, I don't mind if the other dragons get the Obe mane treatment. I have some Flaunt/Flair Imps and WCs and it won't be as drastic of a change as changing the Obe manes. Obe manes are a huge part of them, they're like...mostly mane. I don't really notice the manes on the others tbh.
Even though I would prefer only Obe manes being reverted, I don't mind if the other dragons get the Obe mane treatment. I have some Flaunt/Flair Imps and WCs and it won't be as drastic of a change as changing the Obe manes. Obe manes are a huge part of them, they're like...mostly mane. I don't really notice the manes on the others tbh.
gfCdYdH.gif Ninth | She/Her
Shadow and Bone Hatchery
Skins and Accents
Lol yep, wanna get my support in on this thread ;) I don't like the idea that my vote could change people's existing dragons from the way they like them, so even though I want the old Obelisk look back, I don't feel like I should be allowed to decide if that's important enough to change somebody ELSE'S maned dragons.
Lol yep, wanna get my support in on this thread ;) I don't like the idea that my vote could change people's existing dragons from the way they like them, so even though I want the old Obelisk look back, I don't feel like I should be allowed to decide if that's important enough to change somebody ELSE'S maned dragons.
Changing the rest of maned breeds will only bring the exact same issue... geez again with trying to fix things that aint broken... Im getting tired already
Changing the rest of maned breeds will only bring the exact same issue... geez again with trying to fix things that aint broken... Im getting tired already
01dcb6e24e7faa8f177f36434c4fba6a7f02ed03.gif
I am literally so baffled by this decision. The obvious compromise would be to only revert Obelisk manes, because that way every single dragon with Flair would look as intended by their owners. If the "fixed" version wins, Obelisks are going to suffer a loss. If the Obelisk version wins, the other maned breeds are going to suffer a loss.

People have a vested interest in their existing dragons, more people are probably going to vote based on the dragons they currently own instead of which one they find more appealing in general. It's like it was specifically designed to upset whichever side loses out.
I am literally so baffled by this decision. The obvious compromise would be to only revert Obelisk manes, because that way every single dragon with Flair would look as intended by their owners. If the "fixed" version wins, Obelisks are going to suffer a loss. If the Obelisk version wins, the other maned breeds are going to suffer a loss.

People have a vested interest in their existing dragons, more people are probably going to vote based on the dragons they currently own instead of which one they find more appealing in general. It's like it was specifically designed to upset whichever side loses out.
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
yeah, i also agree that Obelisk manes should just stay the way they were, but i get the idea of consistency. i wish we could just keep things how they were :'(
yeah, i also agree that Obelisk manes should just stay the way they were, but i get the idea of consistency. i wish we could just keep things how they were :'(
z6T37Eh.png
DaaGADQ.png
bgYKZct.png
bYt72YT.png
rUoKR6y.png
-
Ouro : 24 : They/Xey/She
Lightning Dom Coordinator
I love pings! I don't bite~
- reactorfour_kalashnikov.pngreactorfour_ted2.png
I think they need to show more of what the other breeds might look like, and then let people decide. Personally I'd want only the obe manes changed, not any of the others. This is like a no win situation for everybody. Do players win? Nope. Do staff win? Nope.
I think they need to show more of what the other breeds might look like, and then let people decide. Personally I'd want only the obe manes changed, not any of the others. This is like a no win situation for everybody. Do players win? Nope. Do staff win? Nope.
They/Them ~ Wishlist ~ Scatter Project er7d6Yk.png
1 2 3 4 5 6