Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | No more gene fixes. At all
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Unless it turns the dragon invisible or the playerbase request it to be fixed over and over?
Its not a bug it's a feature

Thoughts?
Unless it turns the dragon invisible or the playerbase request it to be fixed over and over?
Its not a bug it's a feature

Thoughts?
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o1_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o3_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o4_400.gif
tumblr_pvo913VdTF1ta9vl4o2_400.gif
w8o0xW1.png

Art errors should be fixed—art errors include obvious ones such as incorrect shadows or incorrect lines as well as well as less obvious ones such as incorrect colors (wrong accents, pulling from the wrong pallet, etc)
Art errors should be fixed—art errors include obvious ones such as incorrect shadows or incorrect lines as well as well as less obvious ones such as incorrect colors (wrong accents, pulling from the wrong pallet, etc)
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Bugs/art errors should be fixed.

If it isn't OBVIOUS to the player base that there is error, and if staff uses the image to advertise/announce the gene, the artwork should be left alone.

Bugs/art errors should be fixed.

If it isn't OBVIOUS to the player base that there is error, and if staff uses the image to advertise/announce the gene, the artwork should be left alone.

ZQGfAQY.png
art errors should be fixed, things like obelisk flair are a rare exception. the vast majority of error fixes are improvements and i've been hoping for them for a long time
art errors should be fixed, things like obelisk flair are a rare exception. the vast majority of error fixes are improvements and i've been hoping for them for a long time
i don't mind fixing broken genes. we just need to know what exactly is an error and if it's going to be changed as soon as possible.

i do think in terms of unintended accent colors, staff should consider how much the playerbase likes the current gene vs how much of an improvement a "fix" would actually be. especially when that "fix" drastically changes colors and patterns. sometimes an artist's original vision isn't necessarily the best, and i really don't see a problem with leaving an "error" as is if the players like the gene.

glowtail is a good example along with the butterfly thing. it wasn't an error, but clearly the team's original vision of the gene wasn't what the players wanted in the game, so they listened to feedback and changed it.
i don't mind fixing broken genes. we just need to know what exactly is an error and if it's going to be changed as soon as possible.

i do think in terms of unintended accent colors, staff should consider how much the playerbase likes the current gene vs how much of an improvement a "fix" would actually be. especially when that "fix" drastically changes colors and patterns. sometimes an artist's original vision isn't necessarily the best, and i really don't see a problem with leaving an "error" as is if the players like the gene.

glowtail is a good example along with the butterfly thing. it wasn't an error, but clearly the team's original vision of the gene wasn't what the players wanted in the game, so they listened to feedback and changed it.
SdIF9XK.gif..
raven
she/her • FR+0
» lore
» art shop
» adopts
No. Obvious errors should be fixed.

All known errors need to be communicated ASAP, and ones that aren't found until later (because they're not obviously errors) need to be discussed with the playerbase.

All known errors need to be communicated ASAP, and ones that aren't found until later (because they're not obviously errors) need to be discussed with the playerbase.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
[quote name="Vendrus" date="2021-12-28 14:40:13" ] No. Obvious errors should be fixed. All known errors need to be communicated ASAP, and ones that aren't found until later (because they're not obviously errors) need to be discussed with the playerbase. [/quote] Agreeing with the above. The issue is a lack of transparency, not the fixes themselves. We did not know that Flair was wrong, and such a drastic change happening so much later had a big effect on a lot of people. If there are errors that are picked up, they should be listed out and broadcasted to the userbase so that we can adjust our expectations accordingly.
Vendrus wrote on 2021-12-28 14:40:13:

Agreeing with the above. The issue is a lack of transparency, not the fixes themselves. We did not know that Flair was wrong, and such a drastic change happening so much later had a big effect on a lot of people. If there are errors that are picked up, they should be listed out and broadcasted to the userbase so that we can adjust our expectations accordingly.
uCR5SCW.png
Art fixes should be done, the issue is with missing major issues before they're launched, not with fixing artwork. Aka, artwork should be vetted before launch, not shoved out the door.
Art fixes should be done, the issue is with missing major issues before they're launched, not with fixing artwork. Aka, artwork should be vetted before launch, not shoved out the door.
[quote name="Vendrus" date="2021-12-28 14:40:13" ] No. Obvious errors should be fixed. All known errors need to be communicated ASAP, and ones that aren't found until later (because they're not obviously errors) need to be discussed with the playerbase. [/quote] I think you've said it the best and very concisely. Communication & flexibility.

I think you've said it the best and very concisely. Communication & flexibility.
[quote name="Clanthorn" date="2021-12-28 15:01:31" ] [quote name="Vendrus" date="2021-12-28 14:40:13" ] No. Obvious errors should be fixed. All known errors need to be communicated ASAP, and ones that aren't found until later (because they're not obviously errors) need to be discussed with the playerbase. [/quote] I think you've said it the best and very concisely. Communication & flexibility. [/quote] This. Fortunately, things like the Flair issue with Obes is *very* rare, and most errors are pretty easy to tell that they are errors. I personally would love to see the gene variants suggestion be implemented so that art errors like Butterfly on SDs (and Imps?) and Obe Flair can be kept, while still being able to have consistency across the breeds. IE, we would basically have two 'flair' genes, one where the manes are like 'fixed' obe and one where the manes are like 'error' obes. I feel that it would help greatly, because while I sort of like how the error flair looks on a great many dragons, there were others where I liked the 'fixed' version better. So, this would give a great many options, and allow players who like the 'art error' versions of genes to have them.
Clanthorn wrote on 2021-12-28 15:01:31:

I think you've said it the best and very concisely. Communication & flexibility.
This.

Fortunately, things like the Flair issue with Obes is *very* rare, and most errors are pretty easy to tell that they are errors.

I personally would love to see the gene variants suggestion be implemented so that art errors like Butterfly on SDs (and Imps?) and Obe Flair can be kept, while still being able to have consistency across the breeds. IE, we would basically have two 'flair' genes, one where the manes are like 'fixed' obe and one where the manes are like 'error' obes.

I feel that it would help greatly, because while I sort of like how the error flair looks on a great many dragons, there were others where I liked the 'fixed' version better.

So, this would give a great many options, and allow players who like the 'art error' versions of genes to have them.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7