Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | welp there goes my love of flair
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 54 55
Put me in the "Did not realize this was an error, finds the fix significantly uglier than the original, distraught by the abrupt change" column. Nothing new to add to the conversation, just want add my voice to the crowd.
Put me in the "Did not realize this was an error, finds the fix significantly uglier than the original, distraught by the abrupt change" column. Nothing new to add to the conversation, just want add my voice to the crowd.
I'm always in support of fixing genes & when Banescale Met/All was fixed I personally did not notice it was a mistake & yet I still was in support - many people did notice there was something not right.

But with Obelisks' manes being so distinctive from other breeds', having added patterns etc with some secondaries like the stripes/dots noxtide adds that no other breed has ... I think pretty much everyone thought it was intentionally different.

I'm glad Undel promised to label mistakes as such in the future, I really hope they do.
I think many people need to calm down a good bit, but I agree that it's frustrating to have no indication that something is a mistake...

I'm also personally disappointed even though I don't own a Flair Obelisk, simply because I really like differences between breeds like that! I don't think these need to be all uniform.
I'm always in support of fixing genes & when Banescale Met/All was fixed I personally did not notice it was a mistake & yet I still was in support - many people did notice there was something not right.

But with Obelisks' manes being so distinctive from other breeds', having added patterns etc with some secondaries like the stripes/dots noxtide adds that no other breed has ... I think pretty much everyone thought it was intentionally different.

I'm glad Undel promised to label mistakes as such in the future, I really hope they do.
I think many people need to calm down a good bit, but I agree that it's frustrating to have no indication that something is a mistake...

I'm also personally disappointed even though I don't own a Flair Obelisk, simply because I really like differences between breeds like that! I don't think these need to be all uniform.
  • FR+9
  • 29y/o
  • they/them
My poor pure ice baby, please revert this devs the old one looked so much better :( [b]Old[/b] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/772127712822689802/925506851905343548/73825254_350.png[/img] [b]New[/b] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=3&bodygene=82&breed=15&element=6&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=3&tertgene=10&winggene=82&wings=3&auth=c655cb0131b1b5ce0c657678251c4601fa500b15&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
My poor pure ice baby, please revert this devs the old one looked so much better :(

Old
73825254_350.png

New
dragon?age=1&body=3&bodygene=82&breed=15&element=6&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=3&tertgene=10&winggene=82&wings=3&auth=c655cb0131b1b5ce0c657678251c4601fa500b15&dummyext=prev.png
not a unique viewpoint, just have to add that I also didn't know this was bugged, and find the changes much worse than the "bug"
not a unique viewpoint, just have to add that I also didn't know this was bugged, and find the changes much worse than the "bug"
Art of a frog on a leaf next to a bromeliad flower with the text Tropical Rainforest to the right
everbloomgardenspog 8VvjJ9p.png
tun
tIf897pA.gif
she/he
FR+3
tun
was there any portion of the userbase who actually thought this was an art error? I dont see anyone saying "oh they finally fixed it" like I know everyone has their preferences and some people like some of the new versions, but I haven't seen even ONE person say they knew this was a bug. granted there's 34 pages in this thread and I haven't read every single one but...

what happened lmao
was there any portion of the userbase who actually thought this was an art error? I dont see anyone saying "oh they finally fixed it" like I know everyone has their preferences and some people like some of the new versions, but I haven't seen even ONE person say they knew this was a bug. granted there's 34 pages in this thread and I haven't read every single one but...

what happened lmao
She|Her - Ace - FRT(0) | Lore
g67EwfB.png
Look what they've done to my beautiful jubilee :(( [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/925507196526141480/925507231959646238/IMG_0558.png[/img][/center] Sorry about the potato resolution, the old mane only showed up on my lair tab bc I haven't cleared my cache yet [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/925507196526141480/925507232127402054/IMG_0560.png[/img][/center] This is the new scry and I just... *deep sigh* I'm just so disappointed, she was my statue hatch and I've had that scry for her since day one, it's a real let down and I don't really know how to fix it now
Look what they've done to my beautiful jubilee :((
IMG_0558.png
Sorry about the potato resolution, the old mane only showed up on my lair tab bc I haven't cleared my cache yet
IMG_0560.png
This is the new scry and I just... *deep sigh*
I'm just so disappointed, she was my statue hatch and I've had that scry for her since day one, it's a real let down and I don't really know how to fix it now
Untitled_Artwork.png Untitled_Artwork.pngMUYNhfy.png
You're right—you didn't know this was an art error. We should have communicated this to you in advance so you could prepare for the change. I'm sorry this wasn't communicated to you. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding with the front page—that's my error, I didn't realize at the time they were inconsistent with the other manes.

This was a case of human error and excited impulse at the idea of being Very Productive and Efficient, seeing that some errors that were being copied over to the thread could easily get out the door and live, and not realizing the updated error tracking thread should have been up first.

We've been reading and discussing your feedback all day and we agree we've made a mistake, which is why we've decided to put the future of these manes in your hands. We're now running a poll on how the community wants the manes for flair to behave across all breeds. The information on this poll and the link to the poll are in this sticky thread here: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3088703

We appreciate your passion for Flight Rising, and we regret that this mistake hurt your trust in us. That wasn't our intent and we hope this helps to mend this bridge.
You're right—you didn't know this was an art error. We should have communicated this to you in advance so you could prepare for the change. I'm sorry this wasn't communicated to you. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding with the front page—that's my error, I didn't realize at the time they were inconsistent with the other manes.

This was a case of human error and excited impulse at the idea of being Very Productive and Efficient, seeing that some errors that were being copied over to the thread could easily get out the door and live, and not realizing the updated error tracking thread should have been up first.

We've been reading and discussing your feedback all day and we agree we've made a mistake, which is why we've decided to put the future of these manes in your hands. We're now running a poll on how the community wants the manes for flair to behave across all breeds. The information on this poll and the link to the poll are in this sticky thread here: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3088703

We appreciate your passion for Flight Rising, and we regret that this mistake hurt your trust in us. That wasn't our intent and we hope this helps to mend this bridge.
*screaming*
*screaming*
0nY9TgK.png
6kR982D.png
vjHxXR9.png
WKtl2lb.png
fkWjutW.png
[quote name="ClockworkEclipse" date="2021-12-28 13:34:51" ] I kind of understand this, but honestly the new gene does look bugged. Abyss really shows it well. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=82&breed=15&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=92&tertgene=0&winggene=82&wings=96&auth=e2fc16a4f6a377ca221020b158b4406c6fd2df31&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Like, just, where is that cheek fuchsia on any part of that abyss? It's only on the cheek, and it stands out so much compared to the old colors where it was all over the mane, tail, and leg curls (don't have an old scry, so have one from the flaunt/flair guide). [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/857076464120889364/905529682320052367/Abyss.png[/img] Even flaunt has the bright fuchsia, if only on the nose. The bright fuchsia all over the mane/tail helped tie it all in. Now it just looks... broken. This doesn't look like a fix at all. Very disappointed in losing one of my gene projects. [/quote] this as well! suddenly they have weird muttonchops that just dont match anything. it looks broken, but on top of that it just plain looks unattractive. (poses dramatically) THE ARTISTRY
ClockworkEclipse wrote on 2021-12-28 13:34:51:
I kind of understand this, but honestly the new gene does look bugged. Abyss really shows it well.
dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=82&breed=15&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=92&tertgene=0&winggene=82&wings=96&auth=e2fc16a4f6a377ca221020b158b4406c6fd2df31&dummyext=prev.png
Like, just, where is that cheek fuchsia on any part of that abyss? It's only on the cheek, and it stands out so much compared to the old colors where it was all over the mane, tail, and leg curls (don't have an old scry, so have one from the flaunt/flair guide).
Abyss.png
Even flaunt has the bright fuchsia, if only on the nose. The bright fuchsia all over the mane/tail helped tie it all in. Now it just looks... broken. This doesn't look like a fix at all. Very disappointed in losing one of my gene projects.
this as well! suddenly they have weird muttonchops that just dont match anything. it looks broken, but on top of that it just plain looks unattractive. (poses dramatically) THE ARTISTRY
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
they still look pretty though?
they still look pretty though?

t

t
system (plural) 1 hour ahead of FR time
gear system • he/it collectively
resident roblox nerds & goobers
we hoard collect third wheels
art shop art dump
hello everybody
my name is Markiplier